• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

i mean, they're hot

but at this point you can have a character dominate the fight they're in the entire time just for them to die the very next chapter because appearently their opponent was really just holding back and he now used some super overopowered secret technique he just crafted off screen to one shot the guy who was kicking his ass

bro revolutionized how manga fights operate
So true and what sucks is that it could have been a lot better by just adding some pages and changing the dialouge around

i mean, they're hot

but at this point you can have a character dominate the fight they're in the entire time just for them to die the very next chapter because appearently their opponent was really just holding back and he now used some super overopowered secret technique he just crafted off screen to one shot the guy who was kicking his ass

bro revolutionized how manga fights operate
I don't get it either, Megumi's Mahoraga needed a fire arrow to be one-shotted beyond regeneration and Sukuna's Mahoraga should be stronger meawhile 15F Sukuna one-shot Ryu who's durable enough to eat a Thin Ice Breaker, punch to the head from Awakened Rika and his own Granite Blasts, if anything it would be the better option to save Mahoraga for when he gets jumped after killing Gojo.

People are saying Sukuna could've killed Gojo with whatever hidden technique he was holding back
Doesn't this fall apart the moment Sukuna literally admitted he was using Mahoraga as a blue print/role model? Like if Mahoraga didn't show Sukuna how it's done there is legitimately no reason to believe he could figure it out. Infinity is just that type of bullshit hax. I don't even blame Sukuna for needing Mahoraga at that point tbh

Doesn't this fall apart the moment Sukuna literally admitted he was using Mahoraga as a blue print/role model? Like if Mahoraga didn't show Sukuna how it's done there is legitimately no reason to believe he could figure it out. Infinity is just that type of bullshit hax. I don't even blame Sukuna for needing Mahoraga at that point tbh
The guy is the King of Curses, Gege could've used this fight to show just how impressive Sukuna is with curse energy and cursed technique manipulation and gave us several different methods without Maho doing it.

Sukuna could've learned how to apply domain amp to his base cursed technique
Sukuna could've learned how to alter his curse energy on his own
Sukuna could've shown us an insane use of technique extension and applied it to the world himself instead of learning from Maho
Sukuna could've revealed he'd had a special weapon within the black box capable of teleportation and simply required him to have insane accuracy with it in order to hit Gojo

Instead we got shown Sukuna's limit, and Sukuna's reliance on Maho. Instead we got Kashimo hyping up him switching from innate tech to domain amp.
Like this shit just lowkey lessens what Sukuna should be capable of if he's the king of curses.
And infinity got countered by domain amp, feel like people just ignore how domain amp was a big addition to Sukuna being able to fight Gojo here.

Like imagine if we saw Sukuna get an epiphany from realizing how to alter his curse energy? He'd have a moment like Gojo learning rct and then we'd see Sukuna fighting Gojo and progressing his understanding further and further til he ends up launching a cleave that hits and kills him. Would've been peak and a good call back to Gojo.

Like imagine if we saw Sukuna get an epiphany from realizing how to alter his curse energy? He'd have a moment like Gojo learning rct and then we'd see Sukuna fighting Gojo and progressing his understanding further and further til he ends up launching a cleave that hits and kills him. Would've been peak and a good call back to Gojo.
best you'll get is a character assassination, take it or leave it

best you'll get is a character assassination, take it or leave it
How does Sukuna developing against Gojo and winning assassinate his character? If anything getting a better understanding of his ct and ce would be a plus for his character as the king of curses.

That one isn't really an option considering the point of domain amp is that it's like a person cloaking themself in a thin layer of their expanded domain but the space isn't imbued with their innate technique so that their opponent's technique can be poured in and neutralized

The guy is the King of Curses, Gege could've used this fight to show just how impressive Sukuna is with curse energy and cursed technique manipulation and gave us several different methods without Maho doing it.

Sukuna could've shown us an insane use of technique extension and applied it to the world himself instead of learning from Maho
Sukuna could've revealed he'd had a special weapon within the black box capable of teleportation and simply required him to have insane accuracy with it in order to hit Gojo

Instead we got shown Sukuna's limit, and Sukuna's reliance on Maho. Instead we got Kashimo hyping up him switching from innate tech to domain amp.
Like this shit just lowkey lessens what Sukuna should be capable of if he's the king of curses.
And infinity got countered by domain amp, feel like people just ignore how domain amp was a big addition to Sukuna being able to fight Gojo here.
Yeah, and Gojo could have done a lot of different things, too. (especially since you consider "spetial weapons within the black box" as some wincon?)
Yet that's not what happened. In Sukunas own words:
"After first adapting, Mahoraga was altering the essence of its own cursed energy... in order to neutralize and nullify your infinity. That was something I was unable to do, so I waited"

If Sukuna had a technique that could bypass infinity he would have used it. In fact, if we look at both of them, it's simple:

Gojo had the means to 1 shot Sukuna from the start, yet couldn't.

Sukuna didn't have the means, but the moment he did, he killed Gojo.

To me it just better to say Sukuna needed help but once he got it, he allowed his experience to carry him to victory. (Unless I misunderstood you from start, and you're saying that the fight butchered Sukunas character...which honestly I think was 10x worse for Gojo) Maybe I'm just tired so, yeah. It is what itis.

Yeah, and Gojo could have done a lot of different things, too. (especially since you consider "spetial weapons within the black box" as some wincon?)
"After first adapting, Mahoraga was altering the essence of its own cursed energy... in order to neutralize and nullify your infinity. That was something I was unable to do, so I waited"

If Sukuna had a technique that could bypass infinity he would have used it. In fact, if we look at both of them, it's simple:

To me it just better to say Sukuna needed help but once he got it, he allowed his experience to carry him to victory. (Unless I misunderstood you from start, and you're saying that the fight butchered Sukunas character...which honestly I think was 10x worse for Gojo) Maybe I'm just tired so, yeah. It is what itis.
Well tbf, gojo was about to oneshot sukuna with UV, but Mahoraga had to come in and save him.

I think Sukuna could have used Slicing technique on his own (just my take on how he just spammed it just looking at once from Mahogara). I think he would have came to conclusions that cutting the whole Existence, space and World would have been enough to bypass infinity just looking at his IQ.

Though why he relied on Mahogara instead of himself trying is possibly As we know TS and his Slicing technique can't be used at once.

Nah I just think that the discovery of how to win could've been much better and the fight doesn't butcher his character, it's more so that his title holds him to a certain standard and seeing that standard not be represented in his win just feels left field. It's like an intelligent character is in a fight and they don't win through intelligence but through something they obtained and let it discover the way to win then copied that.

Just so that you know Gojo didn't had a one shot kill. Weakend Sukuna tanked more than 120% of HP and Survived.

In the beginning Sukuna also tanked more than 120% of HP and Survived and he had RCT. Beside Gojo can't use HP without merging Blue and Red. Sukuna Slashes should be capable of interfere with them.

Just so that you know Gojo didn't had a one shot kill. Weakend Sukuna tanked more than 120% of HP and Survived.

In the beginning Sukuna also tanked more than 120% of HP and Survived and he had RCT. Beside Gojo can't use HP without merging Blue and Red. Sukuna Slashes should be capable of interfere with them.
Sukuna A. Wasn’t weakened and B. Only “tanked” the 120 percent HP because he was far away.

Sukuna took the riskier method that's why that happened. He could have just destroyed Gojos domain barriers and weakend Gojo but that would have been too lame way to end the fight Lmao.
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/228jjk_017.png
That isn’t why it happened. It happened because he kept getting beat inside his own domain and had to heal himself. He was late to open his domain by 0.01 seconds and got caught in UV. He was only using his innate cursed techniques because he was using Domain amp to get past limitless and because he was having Mahoraga adapt to unlimited void. The scan you sent is irrelevant to the argument.

? He tanked 2 HP. One weakened and had no RCT
Second one at first which was more than 120% where he had RCT and better durability.
Sukuna didn’t “tank” the improvised purple he was literally half dead😭 and again he didn’t tank the 120 percent HP, he admitted the only reason he survived is because he reinforced his arms and was really far away. Sukuna admits he would die if he got hit with a 100% purple so the improvised purple wasn’t 100%.

That isn’t why it happened. It happened because he kept getting beat inside his own domain and had to heal himself. He was late to open his domain by 0.01 seconds and got caught in UV. He was only using his innate cursed techniques because he was using Domain amp to get past limitless and because he was having Mahoraga adapt to unlimited void. The scan you sent is irrelevant to the argument.
That supposed 0.01 happened because Sukuna took riskier method and took damage instead of defending himself. My scan is relevant because you didn't read the part where Gojo himself states why Sukuna is taking risky moves instead of destroying the barriers.
Sukuna didn’t “tank” the improvised purple he was literally half dead😭 and again he didn’t tank the 120 percent HP, he admitted the only reason he survived is because he reinforced his arms and was really far away. Sukuna admits he would die if he got hit with a 100% purple so the improvised purple wasn’t 100%.
He didn't said he would be dead. Fatal ≠ Dead. LMAO. Not always. You need to check the context. It has several meanings.
Also half dead? I Said he tanked it and survived Not that he didn't got damaged from it.
You should read the chapter & others Arguments more thoroughly instead of nitpicking.
Everyone reinforces their body so what? Tanking is still durability buddy. What TF you mean reinforcement doesn't scale to durability?

Last edited:
Is this looks like he is saying he would die?

Fatal has several meaning beside him surviving 120% HP shows he was talking about getting more damage instead of death.
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_23412_010.png

Nah I just think that the discovery of how to win could've been much better and the fight doesn't butcher his character, it's more so that his title holds him to a certain standard and seeing that standard not be represented in his win just feels left field. It's like an intelligent character is in a fight and they don't win through intelligence but through something they obtained and let it discover the way to win then copied that.
At this point it sounds more and more like Mahoraga is the least asspull way Sukuna could have won. Its still smart for him as a villain or generally the bad guy (since he's at least that self aware) to use any means available to him.

While gege hates Gojo so much he butchered his entire character in half a chapter with that Afterlife scene lol

Fatal has several meaning beside him surviving 120% HP shows he was talking about getting more damage instead of death.
...uhh, elde, when someone states taking an attack would be fatal that generally means taking that attack will at the very least **** him up somewhat

which would prove to be disadvantageous in a prolonged fight

You’d have to prove why it wouldn’t mean that, your definition isn’t any more valid than mine. Also using context clues here, he is clearly talking about death. He says “he’s not in perfect shape anymore”, implying this has to do with how it will damage him. He is definitely talking about being dead or in a near death state.

Getting to this “risky move” business, Sukuna states the reason he didn’t collapse his domain there is because he forced megumi to burden the adaptation of Unlimited Void. He didn’t take physical blows on purpose, he was just getting beat. And again, this doesn’t mean much considering we know that Gojo can survive inside malevolent shrine, considering he was able to fight sukuna while being slashed by it(and destroy the shrine).

You’d have to prove why it wouldn’t mean that, your definition isn’t any more valid than mine. Also using context clues here, he is clearly talking about death. He says “he’s not in perfect shape anymore”, implying this has to do with how it will damage him. He is definitely talking about being dead or in a near death state.
Well those are also some massive assumptions, especially him being in a near death state (how did you even come to that conclusion?)

Also

also look at the definition you sent lmao, the context in which the “lethal” definition is used much better fits what sukuna is saying than any other definition there.

...uhh, elde, when someone states taking an attack would be fatal that generally means taking that attack will at the very least ***** him up somewhat

which would prove to be disadvantageous in a prolonged fight
He survived 120% HP so I believe he is talking about Damage instead of death. If he was worried about dying he would have died already.

Well those are also some massive assumptions, especially him being in a near death state (how did you even come to that conclusion?)
I never stated that he was in a near death state in that comment, I was saying that sukuna was saying to himself that he would be dead or in a near dead state if he got hit with purple(which he eventually did end up getting pretty seriously injured).

He survived 120% HP so I believe he is talking about Damage instead of death. If he was worried about dying he would have died already.
He stated taking a hit from purple even at 100% output would prove to be fatal, meaning he considers the attack to be dangerous

He may not die but he would be at least quite a bit injured leading him to lose the fight

Also

also look at the definition you sent lmao, the context in which the “lethal” definition is used much better fits what sukuna is saying than any other definition there.
Not gonna repeat again and again just because you are Ignoring. This is last time I am gonna point this out ^
Getting to this “risky move” business, Sukuna states the reason he didn’t collapse his domain there is because he forced megumi to burden the adaptation of Unlimited Void. He didn’t take physical blows on purpose, he was just getting beat. And again, this doesn’t mean much considering we know that Gojo can survive inside malevolent shrine, considering he was able to fight sukuna while being slashed by it(and destroy the shrine).
He can't use DA and TS at once. He was feeding Mahogara/Megumi Gojos domain sure hits so he didn't had DA to counter Gojos technique always.

You are again ignoring the context and what Gojo said. Beside
DA can itself counter sure hits of opponents domain by Fanbook statement from Gege. If Sukuna was really using DA he wouldn't have got hit by UV. Which already shows Sukuna was using TS. DA was also counter to Gojos domain. Sukuna didn't used it because he was using TS that's all.

I never stated that he was in a near death state in that comment, I was saying that sukuna was saying to himself that he would be dead or in a near dead state if he got hit with purple(which he eventually did end up getting pretty seriously injured).
In that case I agree with you, altough not fully as I bleive he would be quite a bit injured but not on a near death state

Back