• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I liked the part where Gojo was worrying about him wondering if he satisfied Sukuna was more fitting to Gojos true self as a strongest and Sukuna acknowledgement on Gojo both were perfect. Both respected each other forgetting all other things.
Yeah a lot of people are saying he's glazing and allat and to an extent yeah, but that's justified?
It's Sukuna, the King of Curses. And like he said during the fight, he wants to look cool in front of his students. That's just the way he is.
In that afterlife moment, he could be honest and while he was satisfied he felt that Sukuna wasn't and was worried that he would be forgotten by him.
But we clearly see that isn't the case, Sukuna had gone from taunting him and seeing him as nothing more than a big fish in a little pond to fully acknowledging the man known as the strongest sorcerer of the modern era.

Gojo is definitely self centered lol, not to the point where he'd kill random civilians obviously.

He still cares to reform Jujutsu High, but he's still a self centered person. You can be self centered, while being a decent human being lol
Even Yuta is self centered.
He only helps Yuji because of his friends.
He rejects Geto, not because what he says is wrong but because he threatened his friends.
He doesn't even bother seeing Uro's side of things when trying to reason with her even tho she has every right to act the way she does.
But, how can he?
He is "blessed" with friends and he needs them to validate his reason for living. Protecting them for that reason is why he got this powerful and the reason he protects others.
He's like Gojo, he's selfless as he takes everything on himself any chance he gets. But whereas Gojo was actually selfish because he simply got a kick out of sorcery, Yuta is selfish in that he does this all to validate his existence.
He still tiptoes around it tho, choosing not to kill sometimes when he's proven he very much can without so much as batting an eye. That's why I believe Uro and Ryu's observations of him to be wrong somewhat.
There's some nice duality when you look at the two MCs, Yuta and Yuji.
The selfish one, living solely to justify his existence, who thought he was cursed but actually cursed another. And the selfless one, living with no goal but to help others, who is bound by a curse by a late relative.

Interesting take
Sukuna says the first adaptation was Mahoraga altering his CE to neutralize the infinity, something that he himself cant do so he waited for the 2nd adaptaion, before that we saw that when Mahoraga pulled the 1st adaptation, Sukuna said "how long are u gonna make me wait? You are my shadow not Megumi's" then Mahoraga adapted the 2nd time and it worked exaclty how Sukuna wanted, a slashing attack, but Sukuna implied that Mahoraga altering his CE to neutralize the infinity was Mahoraga acting as Megumi's shadow, so would that mean Megumi can alter his CE to neutralize Gojo's infinite? Or he can learn it from Mahoraga in a similar way to Sukuna learning the new slashing technique from it?

Yeah a lot of people are saying he's glazing and allat and to an extent yeah, but that's justified?
It's Sukuna, the King of Curses. And like he said during the fight, he wants to look cool in front of his students. That's just the way he is.
In that afterlife moment, he could be honest and while he was satisfied he felt that Sukuna wasn't and was worried that he would be forgotten by him.
But we clearly see that isn't the case, Sukuna had gone from taunting him and seeing him as nothing more than a big fish in a little pond to fully acknowledging the man known as the strongest sorcerer of the modern era.
Yeah it was satisfying conversation for me.

Also found this. This is one of the best reviews I got for the chapter ( Someone's else wrote it though). But I like it the way they explained it.

Interesting take
Sukuna says the first adaptation was Mahoraga altering his CE to neutralize the infinity, something that he himself cant do so he waited for the 2nd adaptaion, before that we saw that when Mahoraga pulled the 1st adaptation, Sukuna said "how long are u gonna make me wait? You are my shadow not Megumi's" then Mahoraga adapted the 2nd time and it worked exaclty how Sukuna wanted, a slashing attack, but Sukuna implied that Mahoraga altering his CE to neutralize the infinity was Mahoraga acting as Megumi's shadow, so would that mean Megumi can alter his CE to neutralize Gojo's infinite? Or he can learn it from Mahoraga in a similar way to Sukuna learning the new slashing technique from it?
What I understand by Sukuna explanation in recent chapters is Sukuna made Mahogara replicate Sukuna Slash and create a technique based on Sukuna slash to bypass infinity. That's the extended technique which Mahogara created (which Nanami can use too). Its just differs with different characters and their ability to use a long range attacks.

Megumi doesn't have a CT besides TS so I don't think he can alter CE and create something new. But he might be possible to create other alterations with his Shikigami to bypass infinity I guess. I doubt he himself capable of bypassing Infinity through CE alterations.

Yeah it was satisfying conversation for me.

Also found this. This is one of the best reviews I got for the chapter ( Someone's else wrote it though). But I like it the way they explained it.

W to this guy for acknowledging that Gojo was pretty much forced to become the strongest by the fate of being born with the Six Eyes and that it basically ended up setting into a lifetime of identity crisis.

I didn’t know about the flower symbolism meaning rebirth, that’s pretty dope.

This chapter is quickly becoming one of my favorites in the series.

Elde is one of the few Sukuna fans who aren't clowning Gojo atm so we should be tolerant with good people like him as he's respecting Gojo's funeral week before a new fight starts next Wednesday
He was clowning Gojo on my own server for days. I doubt what you are saying is true.

True!!!!! 🙏🏻
IMG_8946.png

W to this guy for acknowledging that Gojo was pretty much forced to become the strongest by the fate of being born with the Six Eyes and that it basically ended up setting into a lifetime of identity crisis.

I didn’t know about the flower symbolism meaning rebirth, that’s pretty dope.

This chapter is quickly becoming one of my favorites in the series.
What I like about Gege is he doesn't explain too deep when writing a character but he would make us feel the character dept with small details he gives.

Yuji , Geto , Mahito , Gojo and Jogo are best written characters from JJK for me.

I want to see Kenny using Kamo clan abilities and doing something in future. I think the family is still wasted. Only choso took blood manipulation to another Level but because he was half cursed spirit. I wanted to see normal human Sorcerer from Kamo clan doing something lmao.

I want to see Kenny using Kamo clan abilities and doing something in future. I think the family is still wasted. Only choso took blood manipulation to another Level but because he was half cursed spirit. I wanted to see normal human Sorcerer from Kamo clan doing something lmao.

Kenjaku is probably the strongest character in the series outside of honored ones (Gojo and Sukuna) and maybe Kashimo depending on what's he hiding

Yuji , Geto , Mahito , Gojo and Jogo are best written characters from JJK for me.
I'd probably throw Sukuna in there too personally.
So now the Gojo clan and Zenin clan will be removed from their position lmao
the family system might just end up being abolished entirely by the end of all of this. one step closer to the reformation Gojo wanted.

May anyone send me the official translation? I have been informed that there are significant discrepancies in translations, and I would appreciate any updates that may be provided. I also heard that there is a narrative statement that his death is confirmed, no?

May anyone send me the official translation? I have been informed that there are significant discrepancies in translations, and I would appreciate any updates that may be provided. I also heard that there is a narrative statement that his death is confirmed, no?
Still FTL. You need to wait for Monday for Official TL. Yeah Last Panel there is Narrative statement for Gojos death. He might come back with Reincarnation or anything but that just a theory which might or might not happen. For now narratively Gojo is dead

I'd probably throw Sukuna in there too personally.
Sukuna and Kenjaku are also there but I am waiting for some satisfaction from their side.

I wonder if Gege has plans for extending Sukuna character. His conversation with Yuji and Jogo kinda makes he has unique way of perceiving All the living creatures. Dude was mocking both curses and humans. I would love to get some dept in that Perceptive. He mocks the weak and brings out full capacity out of them and puts some respect on them before killing them. Also dude has doing this in some poetic ways.

As for Kenjaku I can see his goal but I want to see where it ends and how his character gonna progress in the series.

Looking at a proper translation I think the method itself is fine, but I can't accept it completely when we've seen those type of attacks be survivable in addition to not seeing the attack itself. It leaves me with a question of "Why did he just take the attack" more than anything. Granted with sorcerors being con men Sukuna tricking even the narration is kino.

I think I'm in the bargaining stage of the grief cycle now. It's a funny process.

What I didn't get is that Gojo tanked cleave in MS, but this dismantle killed him (its not cleave because cleave is adjusted to the target durability, it cut the existence which isn't something that has a durability) , so it's really strange, does this new hax ignore durability or something? Sukuna's output was falling so it means his CE pool was nerfed to the ground, while Gojo has managed to restore his output

What I didn't get is that Gojo tanked cleave in MS, but this dismantle killed him (its not cleave because cleave is adjusted to the target durability, it cut the existence which isn't something that has a durability) , so it's really strange, does this new hax ignore durability or something? Sukuna's output was falling so it means his CE pool was nerfed to the ground, while Gojo has managed to restore his output
with my meager cognitive abilities, i understood that his attack simply cut the very existence of space apart, as long gojo exists "inside" the confinement of space, he will be cut, no matter where he is

that's how

Looking at a proper translation I think the method itself is fine, but I can't accept it completely when we've seen those type of attacks be survivable in addition to not seeing the attack itself. It leaves me with a question of "Why did he just take the attack" more than anything. Granted with sorcerors being con men Sukuna tricking even the narration is kino.

I think I'm in the bargaining stage of the grief cycle now. It's a funny process.
The beginning of the chapter makes it seem as if Gojo didn’t even comprehend the attack hitting him and passed on.

most translations I’ve seen have said that Sukuna cut “Gojo, the very existence of space, and the world all at once” so if he did attack at such a fundamental level of space it could make sense why he never saw it coming.

It also makes sense that he would be gassing up Heian Era Sukuna after getting instantly killed out of nowhere like that.

with my meager cognitive abilities, i understood that his attack simply cut the very existence of space apart, as long gojo exists "inside" the confinement of space, he will be cut, no matter where he is

that's how
I see, so no matter how durable he is, as long as he's in that space, he will be cut with it, so Gojo should've just disabled his barrier because normally he can tank cleave

Back