• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Bx66PPH.png
i think i'm hallucinating, excuse me, can you kindly tell me what that is?

I don’t think it’s conceptual hax based on the translation but eh, we shall wait
Naw it def is IMO, has to do with established mechanics of limitless and jujutsu overall. The translation is pretty clear cut about targeting being the aspect Sukuna changed, which calls back to Kenjaku talking about how concepts and targeting work and why Yuki with her virtual mass could bypass all of his high grade curses. Early on in the series Gojo claims Infinity is naturally omnipresent, and that's why Sukuna needed to encapsulate all of existence with his slash, as that concept inherently contained the space Gojo was in, which is normally inviolable to others.

In fact, the word for "World" in the chapter has much more context in Buddhism (credit to translator Gale)
Additionally, the term is originally a borrowing from Buddhist cosmology, specifically the term "lokadhaatu," which refers to the universe, or the "world system." This is attested by multiple sources here on Kotobank (https://kotobank.jp/word/世界-546855) as follows: 精選版 日本国語大辞典 (1st entry): A kanji translation of lokadhātu. 世 refers to the three states of temporal existence— the past, the present, and the future— and 界 refers to east, west, south, north, up, and down: the whole of time and space in which living things reside. The realm of mountains and rivers where people and creatures live. The present world. The Three Thousand Worlds which the Buddha enlightened. デジタル大辞泉 (7th entry): Translation of Sanskrit "lokadhātu." 世 refers to the three states of temporal existence— the past, the present, and the future— and 界 refers to east, west, south, north, up, and down. Buddhist term. a). The name of the four lands centered around Mt. Sumeru. Used as a unit to count the Three Thousand Worlds. b.) The realm ruled solely by the Buddha. c). The universe. 世界大百科事典 第2版 (1st entry): Originally Buddhist terminology, refers to the space in which creatures live and are reborn. Translation of Sanskrit "lokadhātu." Loka means "space," and dhātu means "stratum." [...] The Sanskrit "loka" does not necessarily mean time, but its kanji translation 世 does.

Naw it def is IMO, has to do with established mechanics of limitless and jujutsu overall. The translation is pretty clear cut about targeting being the aspect Sukuna changed, which calls back to Kenjaku talking about how concepts and targeting work and why Yuki with her virtual mass could bypass all of his high grade curses. Early on in the series Gojo claims Infinity is naturally omnipresent, and that's why Sukuna needed to encapsulate all of existence with his slash, as that concept inherently contained the space Gojo was in, which is normally inviolable to others.

In fact, the word for "World" in the chapter has much more context in Buddhism (credit to translator Gale)
Could it be argued to be an A/P and speed feat considering we see the cut affecting the universe, and it being stated the universe was cut?

f you think the slash literally crossed the universe and cut everything in its path
...nah, i meant their physical speed

since downgrading the verse based on the author's statement seemed like bs

i will copy smth i wrote some time ago

Within this fictional universe the characters/inhavitant perform actions that we called feats, a term used whenever a character performs an action that gives us information about his stats, LS AP speed INT range skills etc

keeping that in mind, the author has to create new characters, abilities ,settings or rules in the universe first before saying anything about/ giving any character in his fictional story any abilities, He cant just make stuff up for established characters, for example, he can't suddenly say "character A is wall level" when he shows the character consistently blowing up planets with a single attack, such statements would just be ignored, as they directly contradict what's shown in the fictional setting he is writing

that's why author statements don't always supersede their work as It laregely depends on if the statement makes sense for that universe, in which case the fictional work should be checked for accuracy and for how consistent it is with the statement

subsonic seems like bs for all the feats in the series that i've seen

Could it be argued to be an A/P and speed feat considering we see the cut affecting the universe, and it being stated the universe was cut?
No, the whole universe wasn't cut. Sukuna cut the concept itself and localized the effect to the limitless area that Gojo exists in and thus bypassed Gojo's infinity space defenses.

Yes, I plan on addressing this.

well, then use this then

Within this fictional universe the characters/inhavitant perform actions that we called feats, a term used whenever a character performs an action that gives us information about his stats, LS AP speed INT range skills etc

keeping that in mind, the author has to create new characters, abilities ,settings or rules in the universe first before saying anything about/ giving any character in his fictional story any abilities, He cant just make stuff up for established characters, for example, he can't suddenly say "character A is wall level" when he shows the character consistently blowing up planets with a single attack, such statements would just be ignored, as they directly contradict what's shown in the fictional setting he is writing

that's why author statements don't always supersede their work as It laregely depends on if the statement makes sense for that universe, in which case the fictional work should be checked for accuracy and for how consistent it is with the statement

the current speed rating isn't consistent with the feats, it's all based on a single statement and i heavily disagree with such notions

We see the cut though, or have you not seen the panel
That is an abstract depiction of the cut. This is clearly the case as if Sukuna cut reality on that scale and actually impacted existence, the manga would be over and a lot more than Gojo would have been cut in the panel lol. Sukuna abstractly cut those concepts, and localized it to Gojo.

That is an abstract depiction of the cut. This is clearly the case as if Sukuna cut reality on that scale and actually impacted existence, the manga would be over and a lot more than Gojo would have been cut in the panel lol. Sukuna abstractly cut those concepts, and localized it to Gojo.
So assuming that concept manip gets rejected, mss jjk eh, EEHHH

the current speed rating isn't consistent with the feats, it's all based on a single statement and i heavily disagree with such notions
I think the only feats past subsonic pre-Shibuya was Maki's bullet catch but people tore it apart with scans of Gege using the speed of sound/supersonic speed as an impressive speed for most of the characters and people naturally agreed that consistent showings and statements outweighed a single calc (which could be deemed as an outlier). Then Naobito and Naoya's top speeds were supersonic and they were blitzing people before building up to that speed as the verse's speedsters outside of the strongest like Gojo.

I do think Gojo and Sukuna should be rated much higher and that 3 Finger Sukuna or Toji shouldn't be affected by the Naobito cap

Back