• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Hollow Purple is Virtual Mass, I don't think the Void Manipulation or Imaginary Mass speculation holds up anymore
that same virtual Kanji in definition by japanese dictionaries say imaginary. it does hold up lol.

that same virtual Kanji in definition by japanese dictionaries say imaginary. it does hold up lol.
sXHWLgm.png

Hollow Purple is Virtual Mass, I don't think the Void Manipulation or Imaginary Mass speculation holds up anymore
Hollow purple does not have that quality listed on the wiki due to being called imaginary. Read the ability thread from which it came.

Hollow purple does not have that quality listed on the wiki due to being called imaginary. Read the ability thread from which it came.
Wasn't that thread made before we saw Yuki's technique and got the tcb translator's note regarding Purple and Virtual Mass

Opscans translation for anybody looking for better translation atm.
(also. Cubari scans translation > TCBscans translation > OPscans translation > Damaito translation >> Max translation >> Mya translation)
🗣️🗣️

edit: btw, is there a way to pass the link censoring stuff in the site? i remember trying to send cubari scans translation before in this thread and it got censored automatically so i couldn't send it

Wasn't that thread made before we saw Yuki's technique and got the tcb translator's note regarding Purple and Virtual Mass
I’m saying the idea that you believe HP has it’s rating solely due to terminology tells me you haven’t actually read why it was given said rating. It’s literally just low tier supporting evidence.
In this case it’s also inconsequential as they “virtually” mean the same thing.

Opscans translation for anybody looking for better translation atm.
(also. Cubari scans translation > TCBscans translation > OPscans translation > Damaito translation >> Max translation >> Mya translation)
🗣️🗣️

edit: btw, is there a way to pass the link censoring stuff in the site? i remember trying to send cubari scans translation before in this thread and it got censored automatically so i couldn't send it
Try using spoiler tag might work

No I'm sure he used 4 black flashes after he left the zone from the first one.
So his record is 4 in a row
Nanami states consecutive BF means nothing its about using more than once per day is amazing. It doesn't matter how but biggest record of Nanami is using 4 times a day. And he calls that's a lucky.

Yuji used it 5 times during his first usage. So obviously Yuji has more BF record for now.

For a day Nanami record was biggest Record which was 4 then Yuji surpassed it (5/D). Currently Gojo used 4 BF so far. It's stated no Sorcerer can use BF at will and using second one is more harder than first one.
it's kinda crazy as to how easily gojo is using it and at the best moments only imo. feels like he's doing it more easily than Yuji is but 🤷‍♂️

it's kinda crazy as to how easily gojo is using it and at the best moments only imo. feels like he's doing it more easily than Yuji is but 🤷‍♂️
May be or may not be. But currently it is what it is. My boy Yuji has highest count per a day. Nanami and Gojo comes second 😎.

Btw
Good will event - 5 Black Flash
Death Paintings arc - 1 BF
Shibuya Incident - 3 BF as far as I remember

Yuji has totally 9 BF count not 8.

I’m saying the idea that you believe HP has it’s rating solely due to terminology tells me you haven’t actually read why it was given said rating. It’s literally just low tier supporting evidence.
In this case it’s also inconsequential as they “virtually” mean the same thing.
  • Void Manipulation - By combining the polar opposite infinities of Red and Blue, Gojo is able to create Hollow Purple, an imaginary mass which he fires at his opponents to erase them from reality [1][2]. Such properties are given "void" [1] [2] characteristics and seen cleaving through anything it encompasses without any environmental impact that would denote a physical process. Applies to Gojo Satoru's Hollow Purple technique.
There were a few things that bugged me with accepting conversion to nonexistence/existence erasure. When Gojo first fires it, it appears to smash through everything in its path, causing debris to be kicked up and fly forward as it travels through the forest. The destruction effects here resembles pulverisation. The damage on Hanami's body parts which weren't directly hit resembles burn marks, and his ribs are still intact while the side of his body is torn apart despite Purple flying through his body. Purple also has a physical effect on the building Sukuna was standing, causing it to fragment as if something smashed into it and the injury on Sukuna's hand resembles a burn too. Gojo increasing Purple's damage by increasing its cursed energy output during their fight makes it more akin to a physical force with the previous showings in mind.

All of this along with the fact that Yuki's Virtual Mass is referred to by the same term to describe Purple and with how we know Yuki's technique works makes me more inclined to believe its a physical force that smashes into objects at high speeds.

Last edited:
Nanami states consecutive BF means nothing its about using more than once per day is amazing. It doesn't matter how but biggest record of Nanami is using 4 times a day. And he calls that's a lucky.

Yuji used it 5 times during his first usage. So obviously Yuji has more BF record for now.
What? Where did you get this from? Nanami's record is for consecutive blackflash not in one day.
0050-013.png

Then Nanami starts to explain that using blackflash consecutively isn't amazing (basically using it twice), but using it more than twice it will be difficult to use it again whether it's consecutively or in a day.
0050-014.png

Basically he's saying using it consecutively isnt impressive, what's impressive is using it more than twice whether it's consecutively or in one day, still his record is for 4 consecutive blackflashes, not in a day, which is also stated in the fanbook:
Q: Who was he fighting when he managed the four consecutive Black Flashes?
A: When he took on several Grade 1 cursed spirits during the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons in Kyoto.

Which is why after this Yuji again used black flash 3 times and Todo counted it as 3 times rather than 4 times in a row, (he still managed to do the 4th time after it immediately but I didn't link the picture as it will make the post longer)
0050-015.png

0050-016.png

So yeah Yuji has 4 consecutive blackflashes so he's equal to Nanami in that, I think it's up to the reader to decide if consecutive means one after the another immediately which what Yuji and Nanami did, or its okay as long as you pull off the next blackflash while you're in the zone, which is what Gojo apparently is doing rn.

To respond to all of this, it should be noted that because of Hollow Purple whether mass is imaginary or non-existent we'd still see tell-tell signs of other forms of damage. Since we know the limitless distorts space, space is warped first and the warping of space will naturally cause damage to things in that space before they're hit directly with the techinque. So tearing and bending even burning of things in the path of Hollow Purple is to be expected since they're getting affected before directly coming into contact with Hollow Purple.

There were a few things that bugged me with accepting conversion to nonexistence/existence erasure. When Gojo first fires it, it appears to smash through everything in its path, causing debris to be kicked up and fly forward as it travels through the forest. The destruction effects here resembles pulverisation. The damage on Hanami's body parts which weren't directly hit resembles burn marks, and his ribs are still intact while the side of his body is torn apart despite Purple flying through his body. Purple also has a physical effect on the building Sukuna was standing, causing it to fragment as if something smashed into it and the injury on Sukuna's hand resembles a burn too. Gojo increasing Purple's damage by increasing its cursed energy output during their fight makes it more akin to a physical force with the previous showings in mind.

All of this along with the fact that Yuki's Virtual Mass is referred to by the same term to describe Purple and with how we know Yuki's technique works makes me more inclined to believe its a physical force that smashes into objects at high speeds.
No, the only "debris" we see is the surrounding material filling in the literal void that is created by matter suddenly disappearing. You can see that only the close up shot of Gojo vs Hanami with little leaflets appearing at the border of purple. Second off, Todo flat-out points out that Purple literally deleted the portions of Hanami that were hit. Important, because all CE leaves behind residuals, even when curses are seemingly vaporized, obliterated, etc. There was no remains left.

The Toji stuff is once again matter displacing what was just ripped away. Do you expect his entrails and blood to remain as if he didn't have a donut going through him? We clearly see behind him that the metal is perfectly cut through with no signs of damage such as scorch marks, misaligned metal from something forceful ripping through it, etc.

The sukuna thing is him dampening the effect via DA neutralization, which means Sukuna has resistance.

Idk why you keep bringing up this term stuff. It's next to wholly irrelevant. The whole point of using terms like "imaginary" and "Virtual" is to denote the inherent abstract qualities of the two. Yuki is not creating literal mass which is why her density and durability don't decrease and why she doesn't slow down despite punching with immeasurable force. Gojo's purple is called" imaginary" because it literally exists as the state of two polar opposite infinities clashing together, thus any real matter that comes into contact with it is exposed to said conditions and thus eliminated. In Yuki's case, it's denoting her conceptual mass, and in Gojo's case it's referencing his contradictory mass. Your own logic doesn't even make sense because Yuki is not creating physical mass, she is gaining the effects of said mass without it actually being physically existent, so idk how you used that example to conclude that purple is a physical force.

It is heavily implied that was his means of resisting purple, the same way he took on Red when he couldn't dodge. You think Sukuna needed DA to dampen red, but didn't do so very 120% buffed purple?
He still took red before that and didn't use DA, the first purple was a surprise attack and Sukuna only used his enhanced arms, in the new purple too Sukuna didn't use DA, the fact that Mahoraga was still there is a solid proof that he didn't.

He still took red before that and didn't use DA, the first purple was a surprise attack and Sukuna only used his enhanced arms, in the new purple too Sukuna didn't use DA, the fact that Mahoraga was still there is a solid proof that he didn't.
Yes, he utilized DA there because of his low output at the time. Still, we are talking about a similarly low out put Gojo, using a vastly weaker move. Compare this to a buff'd start of the fight Gojo using his ultimate technique and also fooling Sukuna until last second about it's actual potency.

What do you mean with Mahoraga? I don't think DA is negated because you have a shinigami out? Heck, Sukuna can't even use two CT at once but was able to have Mahoraga use his own CT. Unless there is something I am missing, I don't understand why Mahoraga?

Yes, he utilized DA there because of his low output at the time. Still, we are talking about a similarly low out put Gojo, using a vastly weaker move. Compare this to a buff'd start of the fight Gojo using his ultimate technique and also fooling Sukuna until last second about it's actual potency.
I mean at the first DE when Gojo restored his CT, he surprised Sukuna with a red and Sukuna didn't use DA, red isnt a low output move, same as the beginning of this fight when Gojo used purple as a surprise attack, in fact its shown that Sukuna used DA after that when he said to Gojo "first I will strip away your scales" then the whole cast started to talk about DA when Sukuna started to fight with Gojo and neutralizing the limitless.
What do you mean with Mahoraga? I don't think DA is negated because you have a shinigami out? Heck, Sukuna can't even use two CT at once but was able to have Mahoraga use his own CT. Unless there is something I am missing, I don't understand why Mahoraga?
Because you can't cast a CT with DA active or the opposite, you can only use one at a time, which is why when he was switching to DA a few chapters ago, it was stopping the wheel from functioning.

I mean at the first DE when Gojo restored his CT, he surprised Sukuna with a red and Sukuna didn't use DA, red isnt a low output move, same as the beginning of this fight when Gojo used purple as a surprise attack, in fact its shown that Sukuna used DA after that when he said to Gojo "first I will strip away your scales" then the whole cast started to talk about DA when Sukuna started to fight with Gojo and neutralizing the limitless.
Yes because Sukuna was actually blitzed from up close. Sukuna saw the purple the whole time, he was surprised by the output and we see him have time to raise his hands similar to when he blocked Red from Gojo. Yes, because Sukuna was using DA offensively to bypass infinity, not defensively to tank attacks. I don't understand what the correlation there is, Gege doesn't have to narratively announce mechanics before showing them an in fact does the opposite quite often.
Because you can't cast a CT with DA active or the opposite, you can only use one at a time, which is why when he was switching to DA a few chapters ago, it was stopping the wheel from functioning.
He isn't casting though. Mahoraga has been cast, so unless you think DA would despawn Mahoraga I don't see how that point is relevant to your contention. The fact that Sukuna can still have the wheel summoned while using DA would also bolster my point. Your point is only valid if Sukuna literally cannot use DA while 10S is active in any form (including the shinigami being summoned) given that is what you were using as evidence of him not using DA.

No, the only "debris" we see is the surrounding material filling in the literal void that is created by matter suddenly disappearing.
It's not filling the void in, you can see it's pushing material forward as well.
Second off, Todo flat-out points out that Purple literally deleted the portions of Hanami that were hit.
Todo says he can't tell if it's been exorcised which doesn't immediately mean EE, a vaporisation attack that completely destroyed Hanami and left that crater in the ground would leave no trace either.
even when curses are seemingly vaporized, obliterated, etc.
I don't think there's ever a case where we're told the residuals of a exorcised curse remained somewhere, especially a case where the curse and its surroundings were vaporised.
We clearly see behind him that the metal is perfectly cut through
There are jagged lines
The sukuna thing is him dampening the effect via DA neutralization, which means Sukuna has resistance.
Sukuna did not use Domain Amplification in Chapter 235, we know because Mahoraga's wheel didn't turn black
Your own logic doesn't even make sense because Yuki is not creating physical mass, she is gaining the effects of said mass without it actually being physically existent, so idk how you used that example to conclude that purple is a physical force.
Virtual Mass is when an object behaves as if it has a mass that it doesn't, Purple acting as if it has a mass it doesn't physically have doesn't conflict with this

Last edited:
To respond to all of this, it should be noted that because of Hollow Purple whether mass is imaginary or non-existent we'd still see tell-tell signs of other forms of damage. Since we know the limitless distorts space, space is warped first and the warping of space will naturally cause damage to things in that space before they're hit directly with the techinque. So tearing and bending even burning of things in the path of Hollow Purple is to be expected since they're getting affected before directly coming into contact with Hollow Purple.
The destruction effect on area engulfed by Purple in chapter 235 doesn't match up to this
When Purple collides with Sukuna's building, it fragments it but the EE as Purple runs through it shouldn't have left so much debris falling down

Last edited:
The link is dead, I didn't address that aspect because DueDate already explained that to you.

If you are talking about the Skuna one, then there wasn't any debris in front of the wave.

Purple moves as a single wave front, it isn't a beam like Kamehameha or something of that nature. Imagine taking a coasting flipping it perpendicular to the ground and moving it through the air. The coaster itself moving through the air will displace air molecules and create a vacuum in its path.
Todo says he can't tell if it's been exorcised which doesn't immediately mean EE, a vaporisation attack that completely destroyed Hanami and left that crater in the ground would leave no trace either.
He says that they cannot confirm the exorcism which is important for three reasons
  • It highlights the special nature of purple which is clearly the point of the whole scene.
  • It confirms that spirits are typically confirmed exorcised, despite multiple exorcisms essentially disintegrating into seemingly nothingness upon exorcism, meaning it's likely residuals that are used to detect this.
  • It confirms that Purple led to a situation in which that was no longer an option.
I don't think there's ever a case where we're told the residuals of a exorcised curse remained somewhere, especially a case where the curse and its surroundings were vaporised.
I would say it's a pretty simple induction.
I would call this a substantial reach. Especially since if it wasn't a hax method for destruction and was destruction via physical force, we'd see much less clean cuts and much more environment damage to the structure impacted/material that was pulverized and flung around at high speeds, none of which are present. It's also clearly not vaporization, so trying to convince me he pulverized that much metal in such a manner with no other effects is probably not happening.
Sukuna did not use Domain Amplification in Chapter 235, we know because Mahoraga's wheel didn't turn black
I was talking to him about the first instance before Mahoraga.

We did not see Sukuna prior to him being hit, so we have no idea the exact timeline for his actions.
Virtual Mass is when an object behaves as if it has a mass that it doesn't, Purple having a mass it doesn't physically have doesn't conflict with this
I don't see how this is relevant to anything I said or your overarching point.

Yes because Sukuna was actually blitzed from up close. Sukuna saw the purple the whole time, he was surprised by the output and we see him have time to raise his hands similar to when he blocked Red from Gojo. Yes, because Sukuna was using DA offensively to bypass infinity, not defensively to tank attacks. I don't understand what the correlation there is,
If being surprised by red didn't allow him to use DA in time then it's the same for purple, Sukuna wasn't able to read Gojo's output until the last moment, he tried to defend with reinforced hands not with DA and that's what he literally stated in the previous chapter.
And no there's no thing such as using DA offensively or defensively, it's the same move, you just overlap yourself with a domain without a CT which directly neutralizes any CT that comes in contact with it, so if he used DA after that, he didn't use it before, which is basically what he said, he said that he used reinforced hands, meaning hands strengthened by CE.
Gege doesn't have to narratively announce mechanics before showing them an in fact does the opposite quite often
No that's not how it works, whenever he's using DA its stated or directly implied, in fact when Sukuna used DA to block red he said he can't fully defend against blue or red, he didn't even bring up purple because he never used DA against it.
But you're assuming that he used DA in both instances where he blocked purple despite not only not being stated but also contradicted with the fact that you can't use CT and DA simultaneously.
He isn't casting though. Mahoraga has been cast, so unless you think DA would despawn Mahoraga I don't see how that point is relevant to your contention. The fact that Sukuna can still have the wheel summoned while using DA would also bolster my point. Your point is only valid if Sukuna literally cannot use DA while 10S is active in any form (including the shinigami being summoned) given that is what you were using as evidence of him not using DA.
The wheel was also casted, but whenever he used DA, the DA interrupted the adaptation and the wheel turned black.

Yes if he used DA, Mahoraga will either be despawned or will turn black and stop from functioning, which is probably the later because that's what happened to the wheel.

My point is valid because the wheel stopped from working whenever he used DA, and it turned black, however in the new chapter the wheel color never changed and got destroyed by purple.

If being surprised by red didn't allow him to use DA in time then it's the same for purple, Sukuna wasn't able to read Gojo's output until the last moment, he tried to defend with reinforced hands not with DA and that's what he literally stated in the previous chapter.
I literally just answered this. You're essentially asking me why it's harder for superman to dodge a krypton later inches from his face vs a krypton laser that is 2 football fields away. We clearly see Sukuna react to sensing the purple and then has enough time to make a physical block. The assumption that you think he'd be able to reinforce himself but not use DA is weird as well given both are mentally activated pretty much the same way.
And no there's no thing such as using DA offensively or defensively, it's the same move, you just overlap yourself with a domain without a CT which directly neutralizes any CT that comes in contact with it, so if he used DA after that, he didn't use it before, which is basically what he said, he said that he used reinforced hands, meaning hands strengthened by CE.
None of what you said goes against my point. Yes you can use DA for offense or defense, this literally isn't even arguable. Using DA to bypass a move like Infinity is using it offensively. Using it to dampen an attack meant to harm you is using it defensively.
No that's not how it works, whenever he's using DA its stated or directly implied, in fact when Sukuna used DA to block red he said he can't fully defend against blue or red, he didn't even bring up purple because he never used DA against it.
I don't see how this logic follows, nor do I see how it would preclude DA being used.
But you're assuming that he used DA in both instances where he blocked purple despite not only not being stated but also contradicted with the fact that you can't use CT and DA simultaneously.

The wheel was also casted, but whenever he used DA, the DA interrupted the adaptation and the wheel turned black.

Yes if he used DA, Mahoraga will either be despawned or will turn black and stop from functioning, which is probably the later because that's what happened to the wheel.

My point is valid because the wheel stopped from working whenever he used DA, and it turned black, however in the new chapter the wheel color never changed and got destroyed by purple.
Bro, how does Sukuna have the wheel materialized if he can't use DA and CT at the same time? You realize the wheel is from 10 shadows, correct? Therefore your argument does not hold. If you're going to say that the wheel is a special case then that would be special pleading unless you have some form of validation for that.

Back