• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Thanks both of you I Kinda Get it now

Btw How much of an amp Black flash gives. Is it above 120% base or just 120 of their power?
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjktcb_128_13.jpg
It has a stated amp of ^2.5. However, we obviously don't use that. At minimum, It'd be greater than a 3x greater than his base AP. Black Flash let him one-shot Mahito out of Instant Spirit Body of Distorted Killing and caused him to vomit. Said form is 200% tougher than his original form. Obviously this won't be treated as such in the profile due to there being no statement of it. But it could be treated as granting a 3x AP increase bare minimum Maybe you could make a CRT to get it accepted as such? If DB could get SS2 accepted as a 500x increase, it doesn't seem implausible.

It has a stated amp of ^2.5. However, we obviously don't use that. At minimum, It'd be greater than a 3x greater than his base AP. Black Flash let him one-shot Mahito out of Instant Spirit Body of Distorted Killing and caused him to vomit. Said form is 200% tougher than his original form. Obviously this won't be treated as such in the profile due to there being no statement of it. But it could be treated as granting a 3x AP increase bare minimum Maybe you could make a CRT to get it accepted as such? If DB could get SS2 accepted as a 500x increase, it doesn't seem implausible.
Gege has wierd ways of giving multipliers. Lmao
120% of Whatever they were is 1.2x
Oh, you mean the 120% thing. Yeah, just a 1.2x increase as @Shey said.
I see thanks 👍.

Btw Yuki Black Hole scales somewhere?

Don't think we scale Yuki's Black Hole to anyone but her, no. Only way that'd get accepted is if Sukuna or Gojo get their own Planetary feat or statement. And even then, people might be skeptical.
Tanking Black hole scales anywhere? Tengen Barriers are strong enough to hold it back.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjktcb_208_so4_017.png

Tanking Black hole scales anywhere? Tengen Barriers are strong enough to hold it back.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjktcb_208_so4_017.png
Surviving it's Gravity from a distance is fine, yeah. Just not the creation of it. @Arkenis calc'd Kenjaku surviving its pull. Didn't calc Tengen's barrier tanking it though. Didn't consider it, but it would indeed have to survive the gravitational pull of it from whatever distance it was away from the surface area.

I mean, in the last chapter maximum output blue seemed to be more lethal than a blackflash, that multiplier does seem inconsistent.
And secondly Gojo's hollow purple wasnt 120%, the narrator said its 200% and Sukuna said "it was more than 120% and he probably used a binding vow"
which makes sense because Sukuna doesnt know about Utahime's CT, and using a ritual boosts the output to 120%, but since Gojo's HP was more than that, he probably used a binding vow, so theres no contradiction between the 2 statements

The only way the BF amp could make sense was if Gege stated that cursed energy reinforcment divided damage rather than subtract damage.
I think it amps the power when only at the beginning shot. But gege failed to display it in every occasion or give a better feats for other characters.

Instant Spirit Body has 200% of the strength of Mahito's original form, it's not 200% stronger

Yeah Gege made it pretty clear he really wanted to use the black flash exponent but man is that some kind of insanity when put in a power scaling setting.
yatGWEn.jpg

Btw many people are suspecting that the fight will end in the next chapter, because Gege usually takes a break after every 3 chapters but this time he didnt, also the climax will be the next chapter, I also heard that if thus fight was planned to be a complete volume on its own, 235 will be the last chapter but I'm not sure about this

Next chapter Nobara comes back Kills Sukuna and saves Megumi. Happy ending gg.

Btw there is a theory that Sukuna might have his CT based gluttony ability and he stores the CT of whovever he ate (Also it matches with character of eating others). In culling game he bit off angel arm. So Possibly he has her CT stored. And if Mahogara gets Destroyed he might use it to bypass infinity. We know Angel CT is kinda Toji blade and that rope of Miguel.

I think Sukuna's ace is his "open" technique, and maybe another thing like lightning or something like that, I don't think he copies or steals people CTs and it would be lame since Yuta can do something similar.

I think Sukuna's ace is his "open" technique, and maybe another thing like lightning or something like that, I don't think he copies or steals people CTs and it would be lame since Yuta can do something similar.
Well it's not copy more like eating and storing thing. Absorption and Power Mimicry works differently you see. Sukuna having a monster kinda of mouth in his stomach makes it feel like it's based on Gluttony

Either Open Technique is based on His two treasures stored inside of it and he can use it anytime or it is based on Gluttony. Anything is possible.

Someone even posted Two treasures are inspired from Indian Mythology. Trident type has fire power and another thing has lightning power.

We already saw fire arrow or whatever that was and we might see lightining based attack next.

Even outside of this wiki's standards with energy and whatnot, Hanami being durable enough to eat 4 consecutive Black Flashes and a strike from Playful Cloud kind of puts a wrench in that ^2.5 exponent because Todo and Yuji's regular attacks shouldn't even phase him in that case...

Even outside of this wiki's standards with energy and whatnot, Hanami being durable enough to eat 4 consecutive Black Flashes and a strike from Playful Cloud kind of puts a wrench in that ^2.5 exponent because Todo and Yuji's regular attacks shouldn't even phase him in that case...
Yeah she said Yuji and Todo can harm her with their regular attacks, Dagon seems to be more durable than Hanami tbf

It just sounds like it's 200% stronger than that of its original form. Which would be 3x. At worst 2x. Instead of using percent's in that sentence, replace it with "3x" and see what it comes out as.
if a train that has seating for 100 people is at 200% capacity then it has 200 people in it because 100% capacity is 100 so 200% is 200, not 300.

if a train that has seating for 100 people is at 200% capacity then it has 200 people in it because 100% capacity is 100 so 200% is 200, not 300.
That would be the case if the page worded it differently. If it meant to say he was at 200% capacity, it would've stated "His strength is at 200%", not "His strength is 200% that of its original power". The use of the word "that" implies an increase off of his normal form. That's why I said replace 200% with a multiplier, and if the wording makes it seem as though his power increases, then it's an amp off of base. "It's strength is 3x that of its original form".

That would be the case if the page worded it differently. If it meant to say he was at 200% capacity, it would've stated "His strength is at 200%", not "His strength is 200% that of its original power". The use of the word "that" implies an increase off of his normal form. That's why I said replace 200% with a multiplier, and if the wording makes it seem as though his power increases, then it's an amp off of base. "It's strength is 3x that of its original form".
That doesn't make sense, if a commentator said "their strength is 100% that of his" then that means two fighters are equal, not that one is 2x stronger than the other. If I said "his power is 50% that of his" then that means one dude is 0.5x weaker than the other guy, not 1.5x stronger.

That doesn't make sense, if a commentator said "their strength is 100% that of his" then that means two fighters are equal, not that one is 2x stronger than the other. If I said "his power is 50% that of his" then that means one dude is 0.5x weaker than the other guy, not 1.5x stronger.
You gave an entirely different example which will of course change the meaning. We're talking about a transformation that increases your strength. Not two different fighters.

If you started working out, and I claimed "Your strength/performance is 100% that of when you started", that means your performance has increased by 100%. Not that you didn't get any better at all. We're talking about a single person here, and a transformation that increases their toughness at that. The context dictates that "that of" would mean "greater than" here. As both are used to compare two sets of data. And the context is that it's an increase of which we're given a specified amount. This is exactly why I suggested the multiplier method. If the sentence is grammatically correct with the use of a multiplier, it's talking about solely a increase.

"It's strength is 3x that of its original form" makes complete sense. I think anyone here would agree.

However, it wouldn't work if the sentence was "His strength is at 3x.". In that case, yeah, it'd means he's AT 200% of his power.

If you started working out, and I claimed "Your strength/performance is 100% that of when you started", that means your performance has increased by 100%. Not that you didn't get any better at all. We're talking about a single person here, and a transformation that increases their toughness at that. The context dictates that "that of" would mean "greater than" here. As both are used to compare two sets of data. And the context is that it's an increase of which we're given a specified amount. This is exactly why I suggested the multiplier method. If the sentence is grammatically correct with the use of a multiplier, it's talking about solely a increase.
No, you'd say "Your strength is 100% greater than (that of) when you started" to indicate a 2x increase, your original sentence would mean that there was no difference between then and now. Saying "Your strength/performance is 50% that of when you started" makes even less sense in a situation where you're talking about an increase of 1.5x, you'd have to specify by including "greater than" in the sentence otherwise you'd get very confused looks in a conversation.

No, you'd say "Your strength is 100% greater than (that of) when you started" to indicate a 2x increase, your original sentence would mean that there was no difference between then and now. Saying "Your strength/performance is 50% that of when you started" makes even less sense in a situation where you're talking about an increase of 1.5x, you'd have to specify by including "greater than" in the sentence otherwise you'd get very confused looks in a conversation.
Mannn, had a response ready, went to check a notification, and now it's gone. I guess it doesn't auto-save after all.

To summarize what I said; That of and Greater than are interchangeable if the context is specifically referring to growth. Both are used to draw a comparison between two things. And if the context of the comparison is about growth, than "that of" can be used as a replacement for "greater than". If you're told you significantly improved since your last time in the gym, followed by "your results are 100% that of your last results" you know it could only mean 100% greater due to the context already provided. The fact viz translated this to mean 200% tougher makes it seem even more obvious that it's meant to be interpreted as a 200% increase rather than just a 100% increase.

Mannn, had a response ready, went to check a notification, and now it's gone. I guess it doesn't auto-save after all.

To summarize what I said; That of and Greater than are interchangeable if the context is specifically referring to growth. Both are used to draw a comparison between two things. And if the context of the comparison is about growth, than "that of" can be used as a replacement for "greater than". If you're told you significantly improved since your last time in the gym, followed by "your results are 100% that of your last results" you know it could only mean 100% greater due to the context already provided. The fact viz translated this to mean 200% tougher makes it seem even more obvious that it's meant to be interpreted as a 200% increase rather than just a 100% increase.
In that context, the text would change to "100% greater than" not "100% that of," they are not interchangeable in this case because you have to use different phrases to match the context. Both multipliers of 2x and 3x are amps so I don't see how the train of thought that "200% that of" now means "3x that of" because it's an increase works.

When you compare two values by using "that of" you find the fractional value of what is being what is being compared. if x is 20% that of y then x = 20/100 y = 1/5 y. So if x is 200% that of y then x = 200/100 y = 2y
When you say "greater than" you apply percentage increases so if x is 200% greater than y then x = 100% of y + 200% of y which is 3y because "greater than" means to exceed a given limit which is 100% of y in this case.

In that context, the text would change to "100% greater than" not "100% that of," they are not interchangeable in this case because you have to use different phrases to match the context. Both multipliers of 2x and 3x are amps so I don't see how the train of thought that "200% that of" now means "3x that of" because it's an increase works.

When you compare two values by using "that of" you find the fractional value of what is being what is being compared. if x is 20% that of y then x = 20/100 y = 1/5 y. So if x is 200% that of y then x = 200/100 y = 2y
When you say "greater than" you apply percentage increases so if x is 200% greater than y then x = 100% of y + 200% of y which is 3y because "greater than" means to exceed a given limit which is 100% of y in this case.
I'll respond after I get another translation of the raw. I'm working on one rn since the one in the imgur link seems sketch (translated awkwardly).

?
also sukuna says 4km. where does 3.7km come from?
also couldn't one simply account for how fast it traveled before Sukuna reacted? (and divide from there or whatever. idk) feels like it could still be calced.

Calc already subtracts the distance before Sukuna reacted. But yeah, if there is a stated 4km distance, it should be used instead.

Back