• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Something is better than nothing.

But honestly Gege messed up speed scaling 😭 forget about AP speed is the ass thing in JJK
Well tbf, at the moment he's just bellow Horikoshi. But even then I'm waiting for MHA's God-tiers to cap at Hypersonic whenever a new chapter comes out😭

JJK and MHA really unlucky when it comes to speed.

Come to think of it Sorcerers reveals the CT thus making it affective against their opponents. But during Jogo vs Sukuna fight Sukuna states "don't worry I won't cheat by revealing my CT".

@YukaSama4 you once said he was talking about not using Slashes for attack. But I think it's refering to that Black box most probably. He must have said that because he was giving handicap to Jogo.

Only one who doesn't reveal their CT during fights is Yuta so far. All MFS has shown to reveal it one or another way to make the cursed technique stronger.

It might act as a turning point in future chapters if Gege still not forgotten about Black box technique.

Come to think of it Sorcerers reveals the CT thus making it affective against their opponents. But during Jogo vs Sukuna fight Sukuna states "don't worry I won't cheat by revealing my CT".
Is it the same for everyone? If yes then yeah theoretically had Sukuna revealed his ct it will be stronger.
@YukaSama4 you once said he was talking about not using Slashes for attack. But I think it's refering to that Black box most probably. He must have said that because he was giving handicap to Jogo.

Only one who doesn't reveal their CT during fights is Yuta so far. All MFS has shown to reveal it one or another way to make the cursed technique stronger.

It might act as a turning point in future chapters if Gege still not forgotten about Black box technique
Well "I won't cheat" seems to refer to him using anothet ct other than fire, because he said I would fight you using your speciality.
So explaining/revealing the fire technique isn't really cheating.. but that's possible

On a side note viz makes it clear that the wheel needs more turns specifically for Gojo's limitless, not for other CTs which makes sense as it only turned once against Yorozu, the reason might be that limitless is a complex CT and its precision is really high with Gojo because of the six eyes

Gojo also says "3 more turns to adapt to my inviolability" which is his limitless barrier, Sukuna also said it makes sense for Gojo to only use the lapse of limitless to avoid the adaptation, so maybe Mahoraga won't really adapt to everything after 3 turns but only to the barrier

On a side note viz makes it clear that the wheel needs more turns specifically for Gojo's limitless, not for other CTs which makes sense as it only turned once against Yorozu, the reason might be that limitless is a complex CT and its precision is really high with Gojo because of the six eyes
Yeah. I am still ok with this interpretation or @Maitreya ones both are logical.

We can give Likely or Possibly Resistance to Adaptation for Gojo if we don't come to any conclusion.
Is it the same for everyone? If yes then yeah theoretically had Sukuna revealed his ct it will be stronger.
Even Toji can use that. You see when he fought Geto it's stated it does work for people like Toji. Atleast I remember watching it anime. I forgot if that part exists in manga.
Well "I won't cheat" seems to refer to him using anothet ct other than fire, because he said I would fight you using your speciality.
So explaining/revealing the fire technique isn't really cheating.. but that's possible
I mainly think it's something to do with revealing because of this. There is a possibility even Kenjaku not knowing about that.
Q: How much do human beings know about Sukuna's Cursed Technique?
A: If they did their reading, they should be able to figure out some details about his slashing technique. It's possible they don't have any idea about the flames.
I think Slashes and Flames are subcategories like how Red and Blue of Gojo for limitless. His main CT most probably has a name and Possibilities of having few other variations.
SUKUNA’S TECHNIQUE
Released by the King of Curses himself, it’s a slashing hellfire of slaughter.

Cursed techniques commonly only have one characteristic, but Sukuna’s technique has been confirmed to have at least two - slashing and flames - which makes it exceptionally powerful. Once it’s activated, it will destroy the enemy in an instant, tearing them apart and burning them down to their bone marrow.

— Panel caption: It turns out that the three types of attacks have their own uses. Sukuna combines them depending on the situation in order to cleverly beat his opponent.
I wonder if he can merge both Slashing and fire like heading says slashing hellfire of slaughter. like Gojos HP which combines Red and Blue.

If something reveals in future that would be cool.

Even Toji can use that. You see when he fought Geto it's stated it does work for people like Toji. Atleast I remember watching it anime. I forgot if that part exists in manga.
It exist in the manga, but that's because while Toji lacks cursed energy I think binding vows exist separate from cursed energy so he can take advantage of them to a degree. He just doesn't have much to make his binding vow with since he's heavenly restricted already.

Last edited:
Q: What happens if Itadori, who is resistant to curses, eats a Death Painting Womb?
A: Either the Death Painting Womb will become something like Sukuna’s current state, or the Death Painting Womb itself will disappear and become cursed energy within Itadori. If Itadori ingests it after he is already a host for Sukuna, the Death Painting Womb will just be obliterated by Sukuna.
Does this grant anything to Yuji aside from Resistance to possession.

Isn't this also some kinda of resistance to parasite?

More resistance to Possession, which Yuji should already have from Sukuna. Potentially corruption, but possession for sure.

Btw from the chapter 230 official translation it states amount of total time UV struck Sukuna is less than 10s. Also Gojo makes a statement that Megumi soul only adapted to process not the results.

So does this mean Sukuna got affected by results from all 5 turns?

Sukuna was hit less than 10s in total, that's probably when he was 0.001 late to activate his domain, and Gojo landed UV.

Megumi was hit 5 times during the 5 clashes because the UV isn't set off on him, Gojo says using the wheel on yourself won't adapt you to the phenomenon, Mahoraga is the one that will adapt, but you will carry the process of adapting on your shoulders, so Megumi didn't adapt to UV, Sukuna didn't adapt to Yorozu, they carried the process of adapting but at the end you will still need to summon Mahoraga, that's Gojo's explanation for now which might be correct or wrong depending on the next chapters

Sukuna was hit less than 10s in total, that's probably when he was 0.001 late to activate his domain, and Gojo landed UV.

Megumi was hit 5 times during the 5 clashes because the UV isn't set off on him, Gojo says using the wheel on yourself won't adapt you to the phenomenon, Mahoraga is the one that will adapt, but you will carry the process of adapting on your shoulders, so Megumi didn't adapt to UV, Sukuna didn't adapt to Yorozu, they carried the process of adapting but at the end you will still need to summon Mahoraga, that's Gojo's explanation for now which might be correct or wrong depending on the next chapters
There is a difference between adapting to process and adapting to results as far as I understand (i might be wrong but that's what I understand).

When using DA Sukuna did countered UV but when he was not using it he made Megumi Soul adapt to Process. But what happened to the results then?

I think Gojo technically hit Sukuna 6 times.
5 Domain Clashes and one is last time when Sukuna Domain got destroyed inside Gojo Domina 2:40s.

Also I don't understand how would Sukuna transferred the process to Megumi soul without taking some ammount of damage to himself that doesn't make sense. Because we don't see any binding vow.

From my interpretation Sukuna did made Megumi carry the burden but during transferring the burden to Megumi he did got hit by some amount of UV and got some damage that's why Official translation states total of 10s
So he can somehow stand and function for 10s. Also currently Sukuna is not acting like a curse so UV does affects his brain more than what it does with curses. I am pretty sure Gege also stated Cursed won't be affected much from that if I am correct.

TD:LR;

This is just my interpretation from what I understand. Sukuna shared small amount of burden during those 5 domain battles and total amount of that results in 10s overall and Megumi shouldered the remaining amount of burden.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Sukuna didn't transfer anything, UV directly attacked Megumi's soul
That logic I don't understand for example if Megumi soul directly gets affected there is no way Sukuna ever got hit by 10s of UV total. But it's stated he got totally hit less than 10s. If it's binding vow that's a different case but he didn't shown to be using any binding vow to make Megumi tank the burden directly. Also the scans I used ten shadows to make Megumi soul tank the Adaptation.

What I think is like this

UV ---- > Sukuna (acts as a conductor) ---> Megumi Soul

Sukuna was manually sending the UV adaption to Megumi soul so that's why he got affected by less than 10s UV.

Totally DE happened 5 times. Megumi Soul got hit by 5 times Sukuna most probably took damage like 1.2s or 2s when transferring the UV adaptation to Megumi for each DE. It does adds up the fact why Gege states less than total of 10s.
MS sure hit doesn't reach that area
I know this bro Bur I don't understand how Sukuna soul was safe if he did not transferred damage to Megumi manually.

No when Sukuna got hit by less than 0.001 he was barely consciousness, Gojo saw that and stroke his chest, if Sukuna was always getting hit for 1s or whatever it would've been noticeable.

What's stated is UV wasn't set off on Megumi, Sukuna didn't transfer anything, UV was directly affecting Megumi's soul.
It's stated Sukuna was hit totally less than 10 seconds, it could be 5, 3, 7 or whatever who knows, that's what is stated

No when Sukuna got hit by less than 0.001 he was barely consciousness, Gojo saw that and stroke his chest, if Sukuna was always getting hit for 1s or whatever it would've been noticeable.
Yes but was still able to summon and utilise Mahogara.
Regarding noticing the one second you can see that when Sukuna Domain collapsed first time. You can see similar face of when 0.01s DE affected him.
What's stated is UV wasn't set off on Megumi, Sukuna didn't transfer anything, UV was directly affecting Megumi's soul.
It's stated Sukuna was hit totally less than 10 seconds, it could be 5, 3, 7 or whatever who knows, that's what is stated
If Sukuna was not affected by it then why he needed to use DA? He said when he was not using DA he made Megumi Soul take the burden but inside the DE Sukuna had no reason to sue DA if his soul is protected by UV.

Or

So Sukuna and Gojo sure hits both cancelled each other's inside the DE and none got affected. Sukuna got hit when he wasn't using MS or MS got destroyed? Is that right? Main problem is I am curious about less than 10s hit Sukuna got. Yeah sure it may be 5s or 9s we don't know that buf Gege uses less than 10s instead saying 0.01s despite we only saw Sukuna got hit. But that was also stated Megumi soul took the damage.

Man chapter 230 is really driving me crazy 😭. I mean Whenever I try to understand one thing it's giving me another problem.

No. Since UV attacks everything within its domain while Sukuna's sure hit attacks everything but himself, when they cancel out Megumi's soul isn't accounted for in the equation. Sukuna didn't manually have Megumi take UV, he just ignored protecting him for the most part

That's what I've been saying, Sukuna's sure hit doesn't cover Meguni so it didn't overlap with UV there, which made Megumi vulnerable, Sukuna didn't do anything
Yes but was still able to summon and utilise Mahogara.
Regarding noticing the one second you can see that when Sukuna Domain collapsed first time. You can see similar face of when 0.01s DE affected him.
No it wasn't similar, he was smiling and affected by the damage that Gojo landed, Gojo even said Sukuna was using DA inside the domain which protects from the sure hit according to the fanbook.

I'm not sure what summoning Mahoraga has to do with this, Jogo could also think and had a monologue inside UV, Sukuna did the same and summoned Mahoraga, remember that a sorcerer mastery is determined by how he can ignore hand signs and other things while performing a CT.

If Sukuna was not affected by it then why he needed to use DA? He said when he was not using DA he made Megumi Soul take the burden but inside the DE Sukuna had no reason to sue DA if his soul is protected by UV.
It's literally stated that the UV wasn't cancelled to "him" which refers to Megumi alone, I don't see a point in trying to complex it.

So Sukuna and Gojo sure hits both cancelled each other's inside the DE and none got affected. Sukuna got hit when he wasn't using MS or MS got destroyed? Is that right? Main problem is I am curious about less than 10s hit Sukuna got. Yeah sure it may be 5s or 9s we don't know that buf Gege uses less than 10s instead saying 0.01s despite we only saw Sukuna got hit. But that was also stated Megumi soul took the damage.
Because it wasn't 0.01s? He was hit for less than 0.001s first, his domain collapsed and he got hit by UV fully, we don't know the time but it's less than 10 seconds in total, if Sukuna was hit from the 1st DE clash it would've been stated, when he was 0.001s late Yuta noticed that, Shoko at the 3rd or 4th DE said if Gojo landed it even for an instance Sukuna would get incapacitated, everyone was watching the fight and nothing implied that he was hit by it before that, even if we assumed the damage did reach his area and he needed to manually transfer the effects to Megumi, nothing hints towards him sharing the damage with Megumi at all, in fact the narrator blatantly states that Megumi is the one who kept getting hit by UV 5 times, Sukuna was not

No. Since UV attacks everything within its domain while Sukuna's sure hit attacks everything but himself, when they cancel out Megumi's soul isn't accounted for in the equation. Sukuna didn't manually have Megumi take UV, he just ignored protecting him for the most part
That's what I've been saying, Sukuna's sure hit doesn't cover Meguni so it didn't overlap with UV there, which made Megumi vulnerable, Sukuna didn't do anything

No it wasn't similar, he was smiling and affected by the damage that Gojo landed, Gojo even said Sukuna was using DA inside the domain which protects from the sure hit according to the fanbook.
I think you guys didn't got my Question here without Binding vow or something how only Megumi Soul got affected? Despite Sukuna was also exposed to UV
I'm not sure what summoning Mahoraga has to do with this, Jogo could also think and had a monologue inside UV, Sukuna did the same and summoned Mahoraga, remember that a sorcerer mastery is determined by how he can ignore hand signs and other things while performing a CT.
Because Humans brain can't handle the information Dump. Jogo and Sukuna are way different. I am pretty sure there was some statements for cursed spirits not getting much damage from it.
It's literally stated that the UV wasn't cancelled to "him" which refers to Megumi alone, I don't see a point in trying to complex it.
So Sukuna won't be getting hit by UV if he didn't had Megumi soul?
Only Megumi soul was exposed to UV?
Because it wasn't 0.01s? He was hit for less than 0.001s first, his domain collapsed and he got hit by UV fully, we don't know the time but it's less than 10 seconds in total, if Sukuna was hit from the 1st DE clash it would've been stated, when he was 0.001s late Yuta noticed that, Shoko at the 3rd or 4th DE said if Gojo landed it even for an instance Sukuna would get incapacitated, everyone was watching the fight and nothing implied that he was hit by it before that, even if we assumed the damage did reach his area and he needed to manually transfer the effects to Megumi, nothing hints towards him sharing the damage with Megumi at all, in fact the narrator blatantly states that Megumi is the one who kept getting hit by UV 5 times, Sukuna was not
Also regarding this isn't Mahogara instantly came out and destroyed UV there was no time frame Gojo said 0.01s only.

Shoko states needs to hit UV for few seconds to get Sukuna immobile.

Last edited:
I think you guys didn't got my Question here without Binding vow or something how only Megumi Soul got affected? Despite Sukuna was also exposed to UV
Sukuna didn't get explosed to UV except for the last domain.

Also regarding this isn't Mahogara instantly came out and destroyed UV there was no time frame Gojo said 0.01s only.

There was still a short period where Sukuna get punched and Gojo attempts to crush his heart before Mahoraga destroy UV.

Sukuna didn't get explosed to UV except for the last domain.
Why I am getting that is because it stated Totalled.
There was still a short period where Sukuna get punched and Gojo attempts to crush his heart before Mahoraga destroy UV.
But Gojo said in 0.01s did Sukuna adapted to UV?
So from the looks of it there wasn't enough time flowed.

Also Gege gives a clear cut statements for how much time passes so Gege was refering 0.01 as less than 10s doesn't make sense. Logically it should be more 5s and less than 10s. If it's only 0.01s Gege would have said he got exposed to less than 1s instead 10s.

And you didn't read the answer, it's literally stated that MS does not cover that area -> UV wasn't negated there.

Because Humans brain can't handle the information Dump. Jogo and Sukuna are way different. I am pretty sure there was some statements for cursed spirits not getting much damage from it.
It's stated that's the effects of UV are weaker on curses which might refer to Mahoraga or Sukuna in that context, but more probably Mahoraga, which also doesn't mean anything because stronger effect doesn't mean you can't think, as its shown in Sukuna's case, Gojo didn't question how Sukuna summoned Mahoraga btw, so it's not an issue in the manga as its also stated that Jujutsu mastery is based on how you can ignore hand signs or incantations when you activate a CT.
So Sukuna won't be getting hit by UV if he didn't had Megumi soul?
Again, MS sure hit didn't overlap with UV with regard to Megumi's area, that's blatantly stated in the same chapter, it's stated that Megumi was vulnerable because UV was active on him directly not that the damage was transferred to him, while you're assuming that Sukuna transfered the damage to him manually.

Mahoraga destroyed the domain in 0.01s, not the time Sukuna was hit fully is 0.01, when Mahoraga was summoned, he immediately destroyed the domain in 0.01

Everyone was watching the fight and when Sukuna was caught in less than 0.01s even Yuta could perceive that, and even Gojo said the difference was less than 0.01 but it landed on you, which really implies this was the first time it landed, if it landed before then Gojo would've noticed this.
And again even if we assumed UV targeted Sukuna but he transferred the damage to Megumi (which isn't implied anywhere as the narrator directly states it wasn't cancelled with regard to Megumi, so UV directly attacked Megumi) it wouldn't mean Sukuna took some damage.

And you didn't read the answer, it's literally stated that MS does not cover that area -> UV wasn't negated there.

It's stated that's the effects of UV are weaker on curses which might refer to Mahoraga or Sukuna in that context, but more probably Mahoraga, which also doesn't mean anything because stronger effect doesn't mean you can't think, as its shown in Sukuna's case, Gojo didn't question how Sukuna summoned Mahoraga btw, so it's not an issue in the manga as its also stated that Jujutsu mastery is based on how you can ignore hand signs or incantations when you activate a CT.

Again, MS sure hit didn't overlap with UV with regard to Megumi's area, that's blatantly stated in the same chapter, it's stated that Megumi was vulnerable because UV was active on him directly not that the damage was transferred to him, while you're assuming that Sukuna transfered the damage to him manually.

Mahoraga destroyed the domain in 0.01s, not the time Sukuna was hit fully is 0.01, when Mahoraga was summoned, he immediately destroyed the domain in 0.01

Everyone was watching the fight and when Sukuna was caught in less than 0.01s even Yuta could perceive that, and even Gojo said the difference was less than 0.01 but it landed on you, which really implies this was the first time it landed, if it landed before then Gojo would've noticed this.
And again even if we assumed UV targeted Sukuna but he transferred the damage to Megumi (which isn't implied anywhere as the narrator directly states it wasn't cancelled with regard to Megumi, so UV directly attacked Megumi) it wouldn't mean Sukuna took some damage.
So if I am correctly understanding your point. Sukuna and Gojo were not affected by both of their domains only Megumi Soul was getting the damage?

Also Sukuna took some damage when 5th DE happened. It may be 5-9s but Mahogara destroyed the domain in 0.01s which has nothing to do with Sukuna getting damage?

So if I am correctly understanding your point. Sukuna and Gojo were not affected by both of their domains only Megumi Soul was getting the damage?
Yeah
Also Sukuna took some damage when 5th DE happened. It may be 5-9s but Mahogara destroyed the domain in 0.01s which has nothing to do with Sukuna getting damage?
That's what happened apparently, if Gojo could perceive Sukuna getting hit in less than 0.01s but didn't notice that Sukuna was getting hit in every clash then the time is much less in other clashes so that Gojo can't notice it, which wouldn't even get to 1s when counted

Yeah

That's what happened apparently, if Gojo could perceive Sukuna getting hit in less than 0.01s but didn't notice that Sukuna was getting hit in every clash then the time is much less in other clashes so that Gojo can't notice it, which wouldn't even get to 1s when counted
Regarding this I have one more question. Sukuna said When I wasn't using DA he let Megumi soul take the damage. How is that possible? Why wouldn't Sukuna using DA? Is it because in 5th DE he used Mahogara?

Regarding this I have one more question. Sukuna said When I wasn't using DA he let Megumi soul take the damage. How is that possible? Why wouldn't Sukuna using DA? Is it because in 5th DE he used Mahogara?
He didn't use it in the 1st DE, in the 2nd DE he is shown using it, in the 3rd DE Gojo said Sukuna used it to defend against his limitless, in the 4th DE its not stated or shown, in the 5th DE he got hit by UV and his domain collapsed, so he wasn't using it as well then the wheel turned and he summoned Mahoraga

Also he didn't say I let Megumi take the damage when I wasnt using DA, he said when I wasnt using DA I used TS CT (the wheel) on Megumi, because when you amplify you can't use CTs (the wheel is an application of the TS)

He didn't use it in the 1st DE, in the 2nd DE he is shown using it, in the 3rd DE Gojo said Sukuna used it to defend against his limitless, in the 4th DE its not stated or shown, in the 5th DE he got hit by UV and his domain collapsed, so he wasn't using it as well then the wheel turned and he summoned Mahoraga
First Domain ge didn't need to use DA because Gojo domain got destroyed and he could directly hit him due to sure hit attacks

Second DE onwards Sure hit affects were off during both sure hit colliding So Sukuna Needed. DA to bypass Gojos Infinity
Also he didn't say I let Megumi take the damage when I wasnt using DA, he said when I wasnt using DA I used TS CT (the wheel) on Megumi, because when you amplify you can't use CTs (the wheel is an application of the TS)
My question is so Sukuna could have used DA if he wasn't using Mahogara wheel?

Second DE onwards Sure hit affects were off during both sure hit colliding So Sukuna Needed. DA to bypass Gojos Infinity
No on the 5th DE Sukuna didn't use DA as the adaptation was in process, on the 4th DE we don't know
My question is so Sukuna could have used DA if he wasn't using Mahogara wheel?
You can always use DA but you can't activate a CT during that

No on the 5th DE Sukuna didn't use DA as the adaptation was in process, on the 4th DE we don't know

You can always use DA but you can't activate a CT during that
Yeah now you clarified my point

So Sukuna should deactivate his DA to change his Domain condition too ?

I figured that even if your Domain didn't have a sure-hit effect you could still manually use it's attack on a target...

Back