• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

So why he needed to touch Gojo to alter the domain?
He didn't need to touch Gojo to alter the conditions, he touched Gojo to protect himself from the sure hit attack, are you confused because Gege said DA can even protect from the sure hit attack but on the same time Sukuna had to touch Gojo even when he could use DA

He didn't need to touch Gojo to alter the conditions, he touched Gojo to protect himself from the sure hit attack, are you confused because Gege said DA can even protect from the sure hit attack but on the same time Sukuna had to touch Gojo even when he could use DA
Yeah I know DA can protect from Sure hit. My question is if Sukuna can use DA and change the condition of domain at same time why he needed to touch Gojo. Shouldn't DA already protects him ?

Yeah I know DA can protect from Sure hit. My question if if Sukuna can use DA and change the condition of domain at same time why he needed to touch Gojo. Shouldn't DA already protects him ?
Sukuna used DA to touch Gojo because inside the domain Gojo has his limitless barrier.

DA can protect against the sure hit effects however we've seen that this also can result in a clash as Gojo clashed Jogo's and Hanami's DA with his CT lapse, So Gojo mightve simply overpowered Sukuna's DA with his UV, he was shown to damage Sukuna with his CT alone while Sukuna was using DA during the 3rd DE, UV is more potent that any normal attack of Gojo's CT

Sukuna used DA to touch Gojo because inside the domain Gojo has his limitless barrier.

DA can protect against the sure hit effects however we've seen that this also can result in a clash as Gojo clashed Jogo's and Hanami's DA with his CT lapse, So Gojo mightve simply overpowered Sukuna's DA with his UV, he was shown to damage Sukuna with his CT alone while Sukuna was using DA during the 3rd DE, UV is more potent that any normal attack of Gojo's CT
If am pretty sure Gojo didn't overpowered DA. He just overpowered Sukuna with his buff from the Domain. Also I think he needs to turn of DA to alter Domain condition that scene matches perfectly for second DE from Gojo.

If am pretty sure Gojo didn't overpowered DA. He just overpowered Sukuna with his buff from the Domain.
What this has to prove exactly when my example was for Gojo inside his domain and then I said UV is more potent than any of Gojo's CT attacks, its his strongest attack so if a buffed red or blue can overpower Sukuna's DA, UV can do that as well
Also I think he needs to turn of DA to alter Domain condition that scene matches perfectly for second DE from Gojo.
As I said there's nothing that imply this

What this has to prove exactly when my example was for Gojo inside his domain and then I said UV is more potent than any of Gojo's CT attacks, its his strongest attack so if a buffed red or blue can overpower Sukuna's DA, UV can do that as well

As I said there's nothing that imply this
Well he touched Gojo only when he wanted to change DE condition

So DA and changing DE conditions any one should take place. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. Sukuna wasn't worried about touching Gojo until he wanted to change the condition of his Domain range.

Well he touched Gojo only when he wanted to change DE condition

So DA and changing DE conditions any one should take place. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. Sukuna wasn't worried about touching Gojo until he wanted to change the condition of his Domain range.
He touched Gojo when he turned off his sure hit attack to protect himself from UV, that's blatantly stated to be the reason on the same scan

He increased the power of his binding vow by deactivating the surehit attack inside the barrier, that's what Viz translation said iirc while other translations said he created another binding vow or something like that

He increased the power of his binding vow by deactivating the surehit attack inside the barrier, that's what Viz translation said iirc while other translations said he created another binding vow or something like that
Yeah you are right 👍.

Btw can you explain how DA works I am kinda confused regarding that.

There are too many anti domain technique.

Simple domain
Domain amplification
Leggie basket or something
Flowing blossom?

Yeah you are right 👍.

Btw can you explain how DA works I am kinda confused regarding that.

There are too many anti domain technique.

Simple domain
Domain amplification
Leggie basket or something
Flowing blossom?
From the fanbook
"AMPLIFICATION (展延 - ten’en) Wrapping oneself in a domain like “water”. The act of expanding a domain thinly, like a film, over one’s own body is called Domain Amplification. When Domain Amplification is activated, it can neutralize the sure-hit effects of a Domain Expansion. It can also neutralize the technique of any target that is touched, and has the great merit of allowing the user to act freely even while it is activated. However, while using Domain Amplification the innate technique cannot be activated, so the user is limited to employing physical attacks."

Simple domains counter the barriers that are imbued by CTs/sure hits, DA counters by creating a domain around the body that is not imbued with a CT/ doesn't grant you a CT usage (an empty space) and by allowing your enemy’s CT to flow into that empty space, it gets neutralized so by following this mechanism DAs can work against both CTs and Domains sure hits, however, SDs cant neutralize CTs, which makes DA more advanced, moreover DA isn't considered a barrier technique while SD is a barrier technique.

Hollow Wicker Basket is the original form of SDs, Falling blossom is a cursed energy system that repels whatever touches you with CE, from the fanbook:

"The secret art Falling Blossom Emotion is an anti-domain technique that protects you by releasing your own cursed energy the moment you are touched by a sure-hit technique activated by your opponent."

Last edited:
From the fanbook
"AMPLIFICATION (展延 - ten’en) Wrapping oneself in a domain like “water”. The act of expanding a domain thinly, like a film, over one’s own body is called Domain Amplification. When Domain Amplification is activated, it can neutralize the sure-hit effects of a Domain Expansion. It can also neutralize the technique of any target that is touched, and has the great merit of allowing the user to act freely even while it is activated. However, while using Domain Amplification the innate technique cannot be activated, so the user is limited to employing physical attacks."

Simple domains counter the barriers that are imbued by CTs/sure hits, DA counters by creating a domain around the body that is not imbued with a CT/ doesn't grant you a CT usage (an empty space) and by allowing your enemy’s CT to flow into that empty space, it gets neutralized so by following this mechanism DAs can work against both CTs and Domains sure hits, however, SDs cant neutralize CTs, which makes DA more advanced, moreover DA isn't considered a barrier technique while SD is a barrier technique.

Hollow Wicker Basket is the original form of SDs, Falling blossom is a cursed energy system that repels whatever touches you with CE, from the fanbook:

"The secret art Falling Blossom Emotion is an anti-domain technique that protects you by releasing your own cursed energy the moment you are touched by a sure-hit technique activated by your opponent."
So with DA characters can use other techniques if it's not innate technique?

Since the beginning Maki didn't have a CE, however when she was inside Dagon's domain his sure hit attacked her, why against Naoya the sure hit didn't recognise her?

Since the beginning Maki didn't have a CE, however when she was inside Dagon's domain his sure hit attacked her, why against Naoya the sure hit didn't recognise her?
Didn't dagon manually hit her. Beside Naoya one was automatic and had a rule she wasn't bound to.

Different domains differently attacks. While instantly it hits in the domain, Dagon still has to manually attack, same with Jogo, his Meteor hit Gojo, but still had to activate the attack. While Domains like Gojo's automatically hit without manual guidance. Naoya's case, his looks like it automatically hits, although Maki was outside at the time of summoning it and also his domain can't see her. While Gojo's and Sukuna's auto everyone (sorcerer or not).

Different domains differently attacks. While instantly it hits in the domain, Dagon still has to manually attack, same with Jogo, his Meteor hit Gojo, but still had to activate the attack. While Domains like Gojo's automatically hit without manual guidance. Naoya's case, his looks like it automatically hits, although Maki was outside at the time of summoning it and also his domain can't see her. While Gojo's and Sukuna's auto everyone (sorcerer or not).
Well he tried to activate his sure hit on her but he was sliced in half, then the narrator said the sure hit didn't recognise Maki because she has no CE.

However I went to read the chapters again and it seems Maki didn't really have 0 CE before that, the narrator states that in exchange Mai's life, Maki has gained a body of steel without any CE, so it seems she had a very little amount of CE before that but then Mai took it all away and thus Maki's restriction became as strong as Toji's

Maki did in fact have CE, she just had Civilian levels of CE thus she couldn't manipulate it or see Curses.
Maki became completely unbound from CE when Mai died taking all her CE away making her Fully Heavenly Restricted.

That makes it no issue with Dagon's Sure Hit detecting her then cause she had CE.

From the fanbook

Where can i find the english translation of the jjk fanbook

Back