• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(JTTW) Sun Wukong CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @Sir_Ovens @QuasiYuri @Zaratthustra

Would any of you be willing to help us out with evaluating this please?
Going by a similar question Ultima answered, its at most an Aleph-1 (an uncountable infinite set) number of universes; which would qualify for a Low 1-C rating. In order for it to be High 1-B you would need to show dimensional axis transcendence or reality-fiction interaction. Neither of which have been provided.
  • Aleph-0 of planets = High 3-A
  • Aleph-0 universes = 2-A
  • Aleph-0 dimensions = High 1-B
So either 2-A or Low 1-C. Being generous it would be the latter.
I think the idea is to use the equivalence to large dimensional space which is already accepted to be a valid way to get higher tiers as described on tiering system tier 2's section:
A) Equivalent to a large extra dimensional space. That is, a higher-dimensional "bulk" space which embeds lower-dimensional ones (Such as our universe) as subsets of itself, whose dimensions are not microscopic / compactified.
I am a bit skeptical about the Buddha-lands since I am not so familiar with the cosmology; are the lower one given equal importance to the higher one?
Using the process, it does seem like Buddha(s) trivilized the hierarchy viewing it as insignificant to the so I could see Low 1-C being valid if the hierarchy is 2-A. If High 1-B is valid, the Buddha(s) would be 1-A from the point above.

In the poem, I saw the dharma not being mentioned from the OP's book version. I am not really familiar with the other version but what the OP used seems more reputable since it is checked by an expert.

I'd still recommend that staff check the abilities and whether they're valid since some stuff may have been missed.
On that note, I noticed a few abilities and maybe a few weaknesses were missed. I'll try to find some scans but atm I'm busy so I'll leave them here for now.
Light Manipulation - When Sun Wukong was born, his eyes shot beams of light that reached all the way up to Heaven.
Underwater Breathing Type 2 - Sun Wukong claims that he can't drown.

Weaknesses
Despite being able to breath underwater, he sinks and has difficulty moving when submerged in water, it's like the only reason why Sha Wujing is even useful lol
He can't regenerate from True Samadhi Fire (as shown when he was thrown in Lao Tzu's brazier and in his fight with Red Boy)

Last edited:
The fact that the only argument people try to use against me is "it's a poem" and my sarcasm despite not being the main point at all kinda shows how prominent the lack of High 1-B proof is.

There's no recursion, and no matter how hard you want a 16th century novel to be about power levels, it isn't Instant Death or whatever.
"The world in a grain of sand" is all it says. People act as if I was going against the novel, but the text litteraly just describe a similar case to Zhuangzi's dream anecdote.

Nowhere does it imply recursion, planets full of 1-B guys (which btw makes no sense for everyone to be above Buddhas according to the logic used), no grain of sand containing grain of sands, everything beyond that sentence comes from headcanon.

There's not much to say about 2 solitary lines. You either believe one thing or the other. But if two lines of text for 30 lines of pure personal interpretation/headcanon is a good trade offer for a "reliable tier", I would ask people what they are even trying to index here.

The fact that the only argument people try to use against me is "it's a poem" and my sarcasm despite not being the main point at all kinda shows how prominent the lack of High 1-B proof is.

There's no recursion, and no matter how hard you want a 16th century novel to be about power levels, it isn't Instant Death or whatever.
"The world in a grain of sand" is all it says. People act as if I was going against the novel, but the text litteraly just describe a similar case to Zhuangzi's dream anecdote.

Nowhere does it imply recursion, planets full of 1-B guys (which btw makes no sense for everyone to be above Buddhas according to the logic used), no grain of sand containing grain of sands, everything beyond that sentence comes from headcanon.

There's not much to say about 2 solitary lines. You either believe one thing or the other. But if two lines of text for 30 lines of pure personal interpretation/headcanon is a good trade offer for a "reliable tier", I would ask people what they are even trying to index here.
What's Zhuangzi's dream anecdote?

But anyway, we argued Buddha to be 1A not below 1B.

I don't see the problem that you're trying to point out.

What's Zhuangzi's dream anecdote?
What I posted earlier. Basically he's dreaming he's a butterfly and the butterfly is dreaming that he is Zhuangzi.

It's a famous and popular chinese paradoxical relationship which involves no recursion or hierarchy.
From what the text gives us (+ Occam's Razor), it's safer to considerate these 2 lines as a similar case rather than theorize an entire unmentionned structure and hierarchy.
But anyway, we argued Buddha to be 1A not below 1B.

I don't see the problem that you're trying to point out.
The recursion interpretation puts most buddhahood dudes below the main cast and random humans as of now.
Although it doesnt matter that much.

Last edited:
What I posted earlier. Basically he's dreaming he's a butterfly and the butterfly is dreaming that he is Zhuangzi.

It's a famous and popular chinese paradoxical relationship which involves no recursion or hierarchy.
From what the text gives us (+ Occam's Razor), it's safer to considerate these 2 lines as a similar case rather than theorize an entire unmentionned structure and hierarchy.

The recursion interpretation puts most buddhahood dudes below the main cast and random humans as of now.
Although it doesnt matter that much.
Basically you're pulling out something that isn't from the Novel itself?

Not really, considering they could wield the Dharma which is the highest authority in JTTW even being above the Boundless Yin and Yang. So there wouldn't be any anything weird with scaling.

Basically you're pulling out something that isn't from the Novel itself?
You realize that the entire High 1-B is something that isn't anywhere in the novel, right?

I'm just using Zhuangzi's dream stuff as a comparison for what is described here, since what's said about grain of sand n stuff, if taken litteraly, is just the exact same case.

Using a comparison to make a point easier to understand isn't "pulling out smth that isn't from the novel".
Not really, considering they could wield the Dharma which is the highest authority in JTTW even being above the Boundless Yin and Yang. So there wouldn't be any anything weird with scaling.
Yet the supposed hierarchy is meant to encompass several Buddhas according to the argument made for it.

You realize that the entire High 1-B is something that isn't anywhere in the novel, right?

I'm just using Zhuangzi's dream stuff as a comparison for what is described here, since what's said about grain of sand n stuff, if taken litteraly, is just the exact same case.

Using a comparison to make a point easier to understand isn't "pulling out smth that isn't from the novel".

Yet the supposed hierarchy is meant to encompass several Buddhas according to the argument made for it.
It's interpreted in a way that Planck and many others find acceptable except for you and Qawsef (formerly)

Wasn't it frowned upon to make such comparisons in the first place?

Zhuangzi's dream anecdote wasn't from the novel to begin with. We didn't even use examples that aren't in the novel. Unless it's stated that it exists in the novel then you can dismantle the cosmology that way to disprove the sand grains interpretation.

Not several Buddhas, an incalculable amount of Buddhas.

It's interpreted in a way that Planck and many others find acceptable except for you and Qawsef (formerly)
Majority isn't the same as truth. Otherwise boundless Demonbane would be still true nowadays.
Wasn't it frowned upon to make such comparisons in the first place?
I don't see why it should. It's legit what is described here, and I just took another similar case.
Zhuangzi's dream anecdote wasn't from the novel to begin with. We didn't even use examples that aren't in the novel. Unless it's stated that it exists in the novel then you can dismantle the cosmology that way to disprove the sand grains interpretation.
All that talk about hierarchy and recursion isn't in the novel. So you litteraly are nearly ONLY using stuff which isn't in it.
There's no High 1-B anywhere in the work itself, therefore we can't put the verse at such a tier.

The dream anecdote being in the novel or not is unrelated with what's being said.

Not several Buddhas, an incalculable amount of Buddhas.
Even worse. The main cast is beyond incalculable Buddhas since chapter 1? And you find no problem with that?

Majority isn't the same as truth. Otherwise boundless Demonbane would be still true nowadays.

I don't see why it should. It's legit what is described here, and I just took another similar case.

All that talk about hierarchy and recursion isn't in the novel. So you litteraly are nearly ONLY using stuff which isn't in it.
There's no High 1-B anywhere in the work itself, therefore we can't put the verse at such a tier.

The dream anecdote being in the novel or not is unrelated with what's being said.

Even worse. The main cast is beyond incalculable Buddhas since chapter 1? And you find no problem with that?
Demonbane?

How is that similar?

Pretty sure we discarded High 1B for a simplistic low 1-C now

Pretty sure it is.

Of course there is nothing wrong with them being above an incalculable amount of purelands

Demonbane?
How is that similar?
I'm just taking an example of how "majority rules" is a bad argument.
Pretty sure we discarded High 1B for a simplistic low 1-C now
I don't think the main people in favor of High 1-B voiced their opinion on that. It's only some new inputs.
Pretty sure it is.
Can't say it without reasons.
Of course there is nothing wrong with them being above an incalculable amount of purelands
I don't know if you're joking here, but I hope you really do.

Going by a similar question Ultima answered, its at most an Aleph-1 (an uncountable infinite set) number of universes; which would qualify for a Low 1-C rating. In order for it to be High 1-B you would need to show dimensional axis transcendence or reality-fiction interaction. Neither of which have been provided.
  • Aleph-0 of planets = High 3-A
  • Aleph-0 universes = 2-A
  • Aleph-0 dimensions = High 1-B
So either 2-A or Low 1-C. Being generous it would be the latter.

The above posts make sense to me.

Should we apply 2-A statistics for Wukong and Low 1-C for the Buddha then?

As thing's stand, I think a lot of people (Myself included) are willing to settle for a Low 1-C Cosmology just to get the profile made.

Though I will state a Dharma-Bodied Buddha scales above their Cosmology. Around three to four levels of transcendence and infintesimalizing. And then one more level for the Dharmakaya.

Quick question, is Sun Wukong NEP updated to our current standards?

As thing's stand, I think a lot of people (Myself included) are willing to settle for a Low 1-C Cosmology just to get the profile made.

Though I will state a Dharma-Bodied Buddha scales above their Cosmology. Around three to four levels of transcendence and infintesimalizing. And then one more level for the Dharmakaya.
Huh, then wouldn't that be above the normal low 1C and into 1C instead?

Right so, this thread reached 9 pages and I can't really read all of it.

Can anyone give me a quick Tldr on why Wukong will be High 1C? Was there any sort of hierarchy in the novel?

@Qawsedf234
  • The art doesn't have a source
  • None of the resistances have justification
  • He still has beyond dimensional existence despite his highest tier being 1-C
  • The 1-C and High 1-C justifications go to a blog that probably needs to be edited down into something simple and direct. Or at least break down where every hierarchical layer lines up with the tiering system.
  • Infinite speed has no justification
  • Lifting strength has no justification for the last two keys
  • Not needing to eat or sleep is not a justification for Nigh-Infinite stamina
  • Infinite stamina has no justification
  • Omniscient seems kinda weird in my view, but that may just be me

• The art doesn't have a source
  • None of the resistances have justification
  • He still has beyond dimensional existence despite his highest tier being 1-C
  • The 1-C and High 1-C justifications go to a blog that probably needs to be edited down into something simple and direct. Or at least break down where every hierarchical layer lines up with the tiering system.
  • Infinite speed has no justification
  • Lifting strength has no justification for the last two keys
  • Not needing to eat or sleep is not a justification for Nigh-Infinite stamina
  • Infinite stamina has no justification
  • Omniscient seems kinda weird in my view, but that may just be me
Thank you for helping out.

These problems need to be corrected then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back