• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(JTTW) Sun Wukong CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall the original Sun Wukong file recreation had issues with tiering, and confusion as to what the text limited to, meant by certain buddhist traditions.

I personally cannot help with this as Buddhist Mythology I only have a surface level understanding of :v

Qawsedf is correct. That only sounds like FTL speed.

I think that it was decided that we can only scale from what is stated in Journey to the West itself, not from additional Buddhist religious scriptures.
Iirc the problem is that the book is heavily tied to them, and it's difficult to understand the interpretation of the author.

Imho, the profile shouldn't be published before @Zaratthustra evaluates it.

The original and then the following thread to create a new one was stopped because most of the feats were lower than people expected, lots of powers/abilities were rejected by myself, Planck, and a few others while some were disagreeing with us which in the end was ended as no profile for Sun Wukong as they wanted/used some quotes/statements that we only took as "flowery language".

In the end after a lot of talks, with no consensus for the Stats themselves, deletion was agreed as the profile just won't work well with our tiering system (thus he would have ended at best around tier 3A or Low 2-C).

I just glanced over the sandbox but more than half of its powers stated there were rejected in the last thread.

The Thread

The original and then the following thread to create a new one was stopped because most of the feats were lower than people expected, lots of powers/abilities were rejected by myself, Planck, and a few others while some were disagreeing with us which in the end was ended as no profile for Sun Wukong as they wanted/used some quotes/statements that we only took as "flowery language".

In the end after a lot of talks, with no consensus for the Stats themselves, deletion was agreed as the profile just won't work well with our tiering system (thus he would have ended at best around tier 3A or Low 2-C).

I just glanced over the sandbox but more than half of its powers stated there were rejected in the last thread.

The Thread
Well, I didn't use any of the controversial feats, like the Buddha holding the Universe in his hands or The Infinite Dragon Palace, since I believe those arent true. What exactly did you see that was rejected?

The Buddha holding the universe in his hand was the 3A/Low 2-C feat.

The "infinite" was agreed to be flowery language as there were 54 (I made a catalog out of them for which word was used, and how many times in the old thread) use of it for all kinds of things "beauty, mountain, luck, merciful, divine, power, realms, wisdom, etc". one example I remember when Wukong said that he has wasting "infinite power" looking for horses and then a few lines later he's called "Arrogant" (by the narrator), then later he saves some people who say "you have saved us with your infinite power", the feat was barely anything, nothing worth of infinite power.

Then there is the Dragon King Realm which is said to hold infinite world (or as many worlds as there are specks of dust in Ganges -- depends on the translation) but then they are called "world" not universes, parallel universes, or the like. "World" can mean too many things from a simple pocket dimension (small <room size> to <universe sized> or further>, to it being just the planet, solar system, universe, etc. We already went over this in the last 2 threads.

The Buddha holding the universe in his hand was the 3A/Low 2-C feat.

The "infinite" was agreed to be flowery language as there were 54 (I made a catalog out of them for which word was used, and how many times in the old thread) use of it for all kinds of things "beauty, mountain, luck, merciful, divine, power, realms, wisdom, etc". one example I remember when Wukong said that he has wasting "infinite power" looking for horses and then a few lines later he's called "Arrogant" (by the narrator), then later he saves some people who say "you have saved us with your infinite power", the feat was barely anything, nothing worth of infinite power.

Then there is the Dragon King Realm which is said to hold infinite world (or as many worlds as there are specks of dust in Ganges -- depends on the translation) but then they are called "world" not universes, parallel universes, or the like. "World" can mean too many things from a simple pocket dimension (small <room size> to <universe sized> or further>, to it being just the planet, solar system, universe, etc. We already went over this in the last 2 threads.
Well, I didn't use any of those you stated or any of the feats in the thread. Everything was taken straight from the Novel with very limited room for false interpretation.

Sure Ant. I haven't read the replies so I might just be repeating what's already been said but;

Splitting a chain of mountains isn't necessarily Large Mountain level. That needs a calculation first and foremost.

I'm not sure why you assume shaking mountains and the land is Island level. Could you explain that?

The "stirring up seas" quote for Country level looks very hyperbolic and seems to just be him bragging about his ability. Similar to the classic "call the winds and summon the rain" idiom I see in Chinese fantasy to denote a person of great influence. Are there any other feats on this level for this key?

The moon pulling feat for Continent level once again looks like he's bragging. For the Multi-Continent level rating, cloaking the earth in darkness can just as easily just mean the immediate visible area around him as earth is a pretty common word for the general surrounding land in eastern media. Further context for the feat would be appreciated.

A god that's a representation of something doesn't necessarily scale to it fully.

Being felt across the universe would at most be Multi-Solar System level if my memory of the calc serves me right. Even then, these grandiose phrases are a thing that's common in chinese fantasy. It needs supporting feats or context to it.

Can you prove these worlds are their own space-time continuums? If not then the feat is just Unknown.

If I find time, I'll go over abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back