• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(JTTW) Sun Wukong CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's asking that because of Transduality. There's this part in the novel where it states Buddha's in Nirvana see stuff like Annihilation, Consciousness, Mental Effects, Illusions, Matter, Nonexistence, Existence, Form, and Formlessness, etc, etc as unreality and void.

He wants to know if we can say that's immunity or just resistance.
Transcending something in your verse doesn't mean if it's on your level it can't effect you.

It's the usual Transduality thing, but yeah, resistance

Duality is also viewed as unreality. And so is the power that viewed it as unreality is also unreality.
That's just transcendence, if at all true. Not some "uber transduality". Even if it was, that's not immunity. At most, causality and space-time can get an immunity due to lacking it entirely.

As far as I'm aware, the novel only has Type 3 Transduality anyway, Type 4 is for "canon" Buddha.

And this is derailing.

The talk about Type 4 Transduality. He doesn't have it here so I don't see the point of it.

Now that I think about it, the resistances should be moved down to the Dharma-Body. Its stated Buddha's view this way.
Was there something I missed?

As for the Transduality thing, atm The Dharma-Body has Transduality 2 (Since its High 1-B) and the Dharmakaya has Transduality 3 for seeing them as Unreality and having higher Transduality in general. If I can get the 1-A+ thing passed though, Dharm-Body would automatically become Transduality 3, and seeing even a Transduality 3 being as unreality and being of a higher Transduality in general the Dharmakaya would be boosted up to Transduality 4.

Now that I think about it, the resistances should be moved down to the Dharma-Body. Its stated Buddha's view this way.

As for the Transduality thing, atm The Dharma-Body has Transduality 2 (Since its High 1-B) and the Dharmakaya has Transduality 3 for seeing them as Unreality and having higher Transduality in general. If I can get the 1-A+ thing passed though, Dharm-Body would automatically become Transduality 3, and seeing even a Transduality 3 being as unreality and being of a higher Transduality in general the Dharmakaya would be boosted up to Transduality 4.
We'll do 1A+ in a separate CRT

So what are the staff conclusions here so far?

I think there should be more staff input as its kinda a controversial profile and is I think worldwide popular

But I'm not sure
Most staff members are not very interested in this subject, and I think that Planck69, Zaratthustra, and the other staff members that are already here have done a good job so far, but if any of them writes an easy to understand explanation of what currently needs to be evaluated, I can ask for more staff help.

Most staff members are not very interested in this subject, and I think that Planck69, Zaratthustra, and the other staff members that are already here have done a good job so far, but if any of them writes an easy to understand explanation of what currently needs to be evaluated, I can ask for more staff help.
@Planck69 @Zaratthustra

The higher end tiering should probably still be looked at by other stuff. Me and I think Elizhaa don't have any specific problem with it but we could be wrong so it'd be best if others would look at it, considering how drastic a change it is from the original proposal.

The sandbox also needs to be cleaned up and meet site standards for profiles.

Other than that, not sure. This thread is very draining.

From what I can tell this is how everyone's opinions line up about the High 1-B Statement.

Agree: Udlmaster, AnosVoldigoad314, Veloxt1r0kore, Quantu, Confluctor, MonkeyOfLife

Neutral: MonkeyOfLife, Planck69 (Leaning towards agreeing), Elizhaa (Agree's if the Main Universe is within the High 1-B Structure, which it is), HammerStrikes219, Setsuna_tenma, DaReaperMan, Zaratthustra, Hasty12345, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, Matthew_Schroeder (Leaning towards disagreeing), Greatsage13th

Disagree: Qawsedf234, Rabbit2002, Vietthai96, QuasiYuri

Last edited:
Disagree: Qawsedf234, Rabbit2002, Vietthai69
it is 96 not 69 bro @.@
From what I can tell this is how everyone's opinions line up about the High 1-B Statement.

Agree: Udlmaster, Greatsage13th, Planck69, AnosVoldigoad314, Veloxt1r0kore, Quantu, Elizhaa (Agree's if the Main Universe is within the High 1-B Structure, which it is), Confluctor

Neutral: MonkeyOfLife, HammerStrikes219, Setsuna_tenma, QuasiYuri (Feels the High 1-B explanation lacks something.) DaReaperMan, Zaratthustra, Hasty12345, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, Matthew_Schroeder (Leaning towards disagreeing)
Also Planck69 is kinda neutral as he need more staff to look at the matter, Elizhaa we need him to reply first to know what side he on

Agree: Udlmaster, Greatsage13th, AnosVoldigoad314, Veloxt1r0kore, Quantu, Confluctor

Neutral: MonkeyOfLife, Planck69 (Leaning towards agreeing), Elizhaa (Agree's if the Main Universe is within the High 1-B Structure, which it is), HammerStrikes219, Setsuna_tenma, QuasiYuri (Feels the High 1-B explanation lacks something.) DaReaperMan, Zaratthustra, Hasty12345, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, Matthew_Schroeder (Leaning towards disagreeing)

Disagree: Qawsedf234, Rabbit2002, Vietthai96
I think Elizhaa's concern similar to mine. What you describe would be High 1-B regarding Main Universe, but I didn't see any scan proving High 1-B, which is what's lacking.

I think Elizhaa's concern similar to mine. What you describe would be High 1-B regarding Main Universe, but I didn't see any scan proving High 1-B, which is what's lacking.
I honestly don't know how to explain it any better and there are no scans I can provide that will give you a clearer picture.

Each grain of sand has a Pure-Land in it which contains billions if not a trillions of Universes within them. We are assuming that at least one of those billions of Universes has a grain of sand in them. That would lead to yet another loop of a Pure-Land existing in sed grains of sand. Its Spacetime's within Spacetimes each being Infinitely larger than the last creating Infinite Hierarchy.

The only real argument I can pose to it is: There's no proof one of the billions of universes would have a grain of sand in them.

I honestly don't know how to explain it any better and there are no scans I can provide that will give you a clearer picture.

Each grain of sand has a Pure-Land in it which contains billions if not a trillions of Universes within them. We are assuming that at least one of those billions of Universes has a grain of sand in them. That would lead to yet another loop of a Pure-Land existing in sed grains of sand. Its Spacetime's within Spacetimes each being Infinitely larger than the last creating Infinite Hierarchy.

The only real argument I can pose to it is: There's no proof one of the billions of universes would have a grain of sand in them.
Then it's nothing but baseless headcanon as far as I see it.

Thank you for helping out, Planck and QuasiYuri.

I think QuasiYuri is saying that unless there's proof of the main world being within a grain of sand then it's just a Tier 11 hierarchy.

I think QuasiYuri is saying that unless there's proof of the main world being within a grain of sand then it's just a Tier 11 hierarchy.
And that would be true, however, every Pure-Land is stated to exist within a grain of sand. Which would have to include the one in the Main World as well.

I mean more that there's no hierarchy at all since they just said there's no proof of it existing.
Unless I misunderstood.

I don't think that's really the point here. The text isn't saying every world have subworld in their sands grain.
It says every grain of sand contains a thousand worlds though. Even in other translations that's exactly what it says. I don't know why that wouldn't include the grains of sand within the subworlds they just mentioned.

If they had said every grain of sand in our world contains another thousand worlds then that point would stick.

It says every grain of sand contains a thousand worlds though. Even in other translations that's exactly what it says. I don't know why that wouldn't include the grains of sand within the subworlds they just mentioned.

If they had said every grain of sand in our world contains another thousand worlds then that point would stick.
It isn't exactly what it says. It is not that every grain of sand contains the world (the sentence just says "the Buddha's world in a grain of sand" with no indication of anything like recursion, subworlds, or anything like that).
I think you just take it a bit too litteraly and outstretch it way beyond the meaning of the sentence.

I think that the translation below, which is a bit more understandable, shows it quite well (not saying the one you're are using is bad tho, since I'll use its stuff right after).

When you know that there are no things and no mind
Then you are a Buddha with a true mind and a Dharma body.
A Dharma−bodied Buddha has no form;
A single divine light contains the ten thousand images.
The bodiless body is the true body.
The imageless image is the real image.
It is not material, not empty, and not non−empty;
It does not come or go, nor does it return.
It is not different nor the same, it neither is nor isn't.
It can't be thrown away or caught, nor seen or heard.
The inner and outer divine light are everywhere the same;
A Buddha−kingdom can be found in a grain of sand.
A grain of sand can hold a thousand worlds (chilioscom);
In a single body and mind, all dharmas are the same.
For wisdom, the secret of no−mind is essential,
To be unsullied and unobstructed is to be pure of karma.
When you do no good and do no evil,
You become a Kasyapa Buddha.

Clearly the subject of this whole thing isn't about anything like "it's sand all the way down", but rather something like "to see the world in a grain of sand".

Also I found the translation you were using, and this part is indicated to be a borrowed poem, rather than a cosmological explanation from

"Chapter 14, p. 153: The prefatorial poem beginning with the line, “The Buddha is Mind and the Mind is Buddha .” As indicated in part I of this introduction, this piece directly reworks an ode by Zhang Boduan (982/4?–1082), reputed founder of the southern lineage of the Quanzhen Order. See the Wuzhen pian , gathered in the collection, Xiuzhen shishu in DZ 263, 4: 746."

And given how this very same chapter, starts with an allegory "the six robbers disappear" (referring to the six sense of the body), I would be veeeery careful about how you litteral you would want to take things.

So, unless this borrowed poem is something meant to convey the message that "there's an infinite recursion of worlds each within its own grain of sand" (which also wouldn't make much sense, since I highly doubt regular humans are meant to be super powerful 1-B beings), I highly doubt it's giving a tier any time soon.

Clearly the subject of this whole thing isn't about anything like "it's sand all the way down", but rather something like "to see the world in a grain of sand".

Also I found the translation you were using, and this part is indicated to be a borrowed poem, rather than a cosmological explanation from

"Chapter 14, p. 153: The prefatorial poem beginning with the line, “The Buddha is Mind and the Mind is Buddha .” As indicated in part I of this introduction, this piece directly reworks an ode by Zhang Boduan (982/4?–1082), reputed founder of the southern lineage of the Quanzhen Order. See the Wuzhen pian , gathered in the collection, Xiuzhen shishu in DZ 263, 4: 746."
The fact it's a poem doesn't really matter. A lot of things in JTTW are written in the same way, the only thing we disapprove of is flowery language. If we're going to start talking about the poem's meaning outside of the novel though, then the poem is based on the Mahayana Cosmology. Which is specifically a recursion-based cosmology. So either way with or without outside context the poem means exactly what it says it does.

And given how this very same chapter, starts with an allegory "the six robbers disappear" (referring to the six sense of the body), I would be veeeery careful about how you litteral you would want to take things.

So, unless this borrowed poem is something meant to convey the message that "there's an infinite recursion of worlds each within its own grain of sand" (which also wouldn't make much sense, since I highly doubt regular humans are meant to be super powerful 1-B beings), I highly doubt it's giving a tier any time soon.
Like I said above the poem is extremely literal and yes it is borrowed to convey that exact message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back