• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I told this to Chariot when he asked on my wall, I'd like to not derail this thread with that so we should continue it there

"My argument is that because for stand users anyway, because it is the person themselves fighting and not the stand, that due to Versus Thread Rules... rules on speed equalization that the stand would retain its massive speed advantage on most people. IE since Kira is Peak Human but Killer Queen is Rela+ when the speed gets equalized to Kira's Peak Human because he's the one fighting, not Killer Queen as that's a summon. Which means Killer Queen is still relativistic+ whereas the opponent got equalized to Kira's Peak Human."
So it’s like, if u were peak human speed, but had a gun, who fired hypersonic bullets, with speed equal, the gun would still be hypersonic

Necro, also, I thought this was MGS Raiden, man, we were all fooled--

But, I assessed the reasons above and I'm going to vote on Raiden.

Why? First of all...

AP: Raiden seems to have the gap closed here in his favor, it's 10 > 7 tons, so he could likely take in more than what Jotaro can dish out.

Toughness: Raiden's got this one, mostly because of the fact he's an MK fighter, he's taken more punishment and serious wounds than what I've seen Jotaro get hit with, especially with how MK fighters having X-Ray's, Raiden can get right back up even after having several bones broken or impalements to the body, meaning that Raiden likely won't go down that easy after being hit several times by Star Platinum.

Speed: Speed is equalized, but from what I understand, Stand's speeds aren't equalized because they're a summon, correct me if I'm wrong, this means the speed is in Jotaro's favor with Star Platinum.

Powers & Abilities: Raiden, he has much more versatility in his arsenal.

In Conclusion: In the end, I'm thinking on Raiden here, and feeling a bit conflicted too. While Jotaro's Star Platinum easily is much quicker than Raiden, I still think Raiden could likely just spam teleportation, and just keep spamming his teleportation around to fool Jotaro whilst also hitting with enough lightning to put him down, or even generate electric traps that Jotaro could accidentally step into when he least expects it. Since his electric is capable of paralyzing people, he just needs to likely land the big one and then just keep electrocuting him until he's done. That and he could simply blind him beforehand with light, like DIO tried doing with blood, so I'm voting Raiden.

Toughness: Raiden's got this one, mostly because of the fact he's an MK fighter, he's taken more punishment and serious wounds than what I've seen Jotaro get hit with, especially with how MK fighters having X-Ray's, Raiden can get right back up even after having several bones broken or impalements to the body, meaning that Raiden likely won't go down that easy after being hit several times by Star Platinum.
This is just wrong, honestly.
The characters being just fine after an X-Ray is game mechanics, and we have plenty of cutscenes showing characters being severely injured or straight up die from having their neck snapped, their innards pulled out and so on.

This is just wrong, honestly.
The characters being just fine after an X-Ray is game mechanics, and we have plenty of cutscenes showing characters being severely injured or straight up die from having their neck snapped, their innards pulled out and so on.
But didn't Shao Kahn survive even getting his stomach punched out by Liu Kang? Well, I guess it's that or Kahn had regen--

He survived because Quan Chi used his magic to accelerate the healing process, otherwise he would have died.
You can see here and here some examples of characters dying but wounds comparable or much less impressive than those they would receive after the average X-Ray.
Shao Kahn himself was completely KO'd by having his eyes slashed away.

He survived because Quan Chi used his magic to accelerate the healing process, otherwise he would have died.
You can see here and here some examples of characters dying but wounds comparable or much less impressive than those they would receive after the average X-Ray.
Shao Kahn himself was completely KO'd by having his eyes slashed away.
Did she just kill Shao Kahn-

DID SHE JUST KILL SHAO KAHN--

Jk jk, it's a joke from SonicHaXD-

Jokes aside, Jotaro likely has the toughness advantage after all, then. Since he still got up after having about a few of his bones cracked by DIO.

Regardless, I think I'm still going to still vote for Raiden though, because of the versatility in his arsenal.

Raiden just places electric traps around; restricting Jotaro's overall movement, or just blinds Jotaro with light, teleports, and paralyzes him with electricity, then just keep shocking until he gives.

...Unless however, if Jotaro can see through Star Platinum, they did draw a photorealistic picture before. If it doesn't work that way, then I vote Raiden FRA.

Jotaro could fight after having his leg heavily bruised, punched in the face hard enough to spew blood, multiple stab wounds (some of which were pretty deep like in the arm), his heart briefly stopped, his ribs, collarbone and arm violently broken (the bones were reduced to tiny fragments, like dozens of pieces), and his hand split open.
And he's like, fine, just chills out in the back of the vehicle. That's atop of other stuff like probably some internal bleeding, hemorrhages, etc.
All that within like 150 seconds too.

Another notable example is Jotaro getting holes blown through him the size of like large coins that Kira could "see through", and despite bleeding out, he could get up, fold Kira and put him on his ass before losing conscious.

And besides that there's just a bunch of random shit, he had his leg skewered once, stabbed in the torso (Pol gave him a ******* bandaid for it tho), his hand melted and half his body turned to goop, his shoulder sliced open, pumped full of holes, his hand stabbed through, etc.

Jotaro of course is just like tis but a scratch every time (The Kira one was the only time he actually got ko'd).

Yeah, alright, I think I'm gonna vote Jotaro now, mostly because Raiden cannot see his Stand, his Stand can act upon its own before Raiden can blind him or really place around any traps, but now this seems kinda like a speedblitz now if Stando's speed isn't equalized.

Idk I didn't read the thread, I clicked this thinking it was MGS Raiden, again. 🗿

Back