• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Jman what is this relativistic feat you speaking off?by the way speaking of feats im forgot to tell you but dint johnny had a Town level+ feat that was calced some time ago im still think is on the site im guess.

I saw the Death Battle, and Jotaro died from a single poke from Kenshiro. However I have a question, if Hokuto Shinken can kill anyone with one touch, then how do some characters in Fist of the North Star survive fighting an Hokuto Shinken users without exploding?

Axl233 said:
Jman what is this relativistic feat you speaking off?by the way speaking of feats im forgot to tell you but dint johnny had a Town level+ feat that was calced some time ago im still think is on the site im guess.
Grabbing and healing okuyasu prior of rhcp hitting the next tower. Rhcp moving at light speed and josuke just walked up and healed him before rhcp. Also maybe a few other one. Hmm? Funny have a tier 7 calculation linked. Ya mean that one man.

Are sure about that one tho im mean how did you know that Josuke picked Okuyasu before rhcp hited the tower?im actually talking about that one time that Tusk 4 punched Funny in the ground so hard that it created a hole in instant time spam im think you should take a look.

JohnCenaNation said:
I saw the Death Battle, and Jotaro died from a single poke from Kenshiro. However I have a question, if Hokuto Shinken can kill anyone with one touch, then how do some characters in Fist of the North Star survive fighting an Hokuto Shinken users without exploding?
Cause either, a) they're skilled/fast enough to keep their pressure points from being accurately touched b) they have some way to circumvent the effects of pressure points (Souther's pressure points were inverted and needed to be pressed differently, Hyoh physically ripped out his pressure points to avoid getting exploded, etc) or c) the Hokuto Shinken user wasn't aiming to kill, only hurt or disfigure. Kenshiro sometimes settled on using his skills to severely injure or disfigure a person instead of killing them, but only if they did something not so terrible

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
JohnCenaNation said:
Cause either, a) they're skilled/fast enough to keep their pressure points from being accurately touched b) they have some way to circumvent the effects of pressure points (Souther's pressure points were inverted and needed to be pressed differently, Hyoh physically ripped out his pressure points to avoid getting exploded, etc) or c) the Hokuto Shinken user wasn't aiming to kill, only hurt or disfigure. Kenshiro sometimes settled on using his skills to severely injure or disfigure a person instead of killing them, but only if they did something not so terrible
What about characters like Raoh, Juza, Juda, Kaioh, Kenshiro, Toki, Amiba, Jagi, Rei, Koryu, Ryuken, Shin, Ryuga, Seiji, and Sanga who all survived the killing blows? Why didn't they explode/immediately died when their pressure point was hit?

They either killed themselves before the pressure point could take effect, the attacker wasn't aiming to kill, only maim or incapacitate, or sometimes the attacker only punched them. Not every attack is a pressure point technique. Sometimes a punch is just a punch, and a ki blast is just a ki blast. Also, a lot of those people you listed were killed by pressure point attacks. Seriously, Jagi was blown into for pieces, Ryuken was killed by Raoh's technique, same for Amiba was killed by one of Ken's techniques. Shin would've blown up, but he killed himself before that could happen.

Also keep in mind that Kenshiro purposefully makes these delayed attacks, so he can give his opponents time to reflect on the fact that they're gonna explode, or so he can interrogate his victim.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Grabbing and healing okuyasu prior of rhcp hitting the next tower. Rhcp moving at light speed and josuke just walked up and healed him before rhcp. Also maybe a few other one. Hmm? Funny have a tier 7 calculation linked. Ya mean that one man.
I would've calc'd that one but it requires too many assumptions. How far did RHCP make it before Josuke brought back Okuyasu's body? How far did RHCP manage travel as Okuyasu's body was gravitating back to his hand? You could get all sorts of different results just by altering those two variables, so I deemed it unquantifiable, but we know it's probably at least Relativistic.

I'm pretty proud of that Relativistic RHCP feat. Felt like I caused an intellectual uprising when I brought that feat to the light.

After I found that feat I figured I'd make a blog.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ArbitraryNumbers/Defending_JoJo_FTL_feats

A lot of it came from AMM's blog.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...nt_on_people_who_do_not_believe_in_FTL_stands

Dude's really smart in how he points some of those feats out. Also it feels like an honor to have my calcs cited.

Look, I thought Ken was gonna win tbh. Tho I do think it could go either way with verse equalisation off. But they ended up bringing that building feat for Ken at his max, which iirc when calc'd doesn't come close to the diamond teeth feat. SP blitzes the second they get in combat range tho

One thing that im realize is that screwattack doesnt give a shit about speed in their battles except lucario vs renamon were the intire battle in a nutshell was lucario speedblitzing her to oblivion.

Meh... ScrewAttack downplayed both. I don't understand why they think Jotaro is only relavistic and Ken is only large building.

There's probably a reason for that.

IIRC doesn't Jagi's durability feat come from a spinoff? Would it still be canon if that's so?

And how does Kasumi Kenshiro scale to Kenshiro?

Well, it's a spin-off story, but we have no reason to assume it's in a different timeline or anything like that.

Jagi's feat comes from one of the gaidens, which are basically side stories about the different characters in the Hokutoverse. It was written by one of the guys who worked on the original series, and was overseen by the head writer. A lot of the events in the gaiden match up with events in the series (Raoh meeting Fudo, Jagi learning his signature attack, Jagi attacking Kenshiro and Ryuken, etc), except they're told from Jagi's point of view and goes a lot more in depth on his character. It's a super great read that I highly recommend if you already like FotNS, but its super sad.

Kasumi Kenshiro scales because he uses the same martail art as Kenshiro (he also trained with Ryuken, who trained Kenshiro as a child), which means that if Kasumi knows a Hokuto Shinken technique, then its likely that Kenshiro does to, and vice verse. They also performed the same Hoktuo Shinken successor ritual, and interacted with the same Hokuto Soke stone, which empowers the user and makes them immune to the Hokuto arts

Did Jagi ever mastered the hokuto shin ken? because from my memory when im first read the FotNS manga he was nothing more then some dude with a shotgun that new a thing or two about it and that got rekt by kenshiro.

Okay then yeah. It's pretty ridiculous for Death Battle to not come across these feats. How many researchers are on their research team? 10? 14? 7?

I really want to cut them some slack but there is just too much that doesn't add up, with how massive and tide-changing feats aren't being used, and poor reasoning for not having Star Platinum be FTL.

@Axl

He didn't master it, but he was pretty proficient in it. Jagi Gaiden actually shows in depth on why he resorts to using weapons and underhanded tactics to fight (its because of Kenshiro, Toki and Raoh), and it shows how he mastered a specific technique that's shows up in the main FotNS manga.

@Arbitrary

To be fair, the spin offs are pretty obscure (I only read both of them last year), and there are still lots of other spin offs that are lost in translation (Raoh's Gaiden is lost to time).

Kenshiro win! :D

At least they got that right.

But we all know that Kenshiro can blow up Jotaro with shockwave alone lmao.

Even though Star Platinum is massively faster than Kenshiro, SP didn't have the power to break Ken's massive defense and attack.

Firestorm808 said:
Even though Star Platinum is massively faster than Kenshiro, SP didn't have the power to break Ken's massive defense and attack.
This but i'm so angry that they downplay star platinum speed.....

But it Death battle anyway!

I watched the death battle, and I feel like they got someone from deviantart to draw it (and no their limited time is not an excuse because they could have either waited to do it or done it when they had a better budget).

I have a question. Is Hokuto Gaiden even canon? Because is a spin-off manga series written by different manga artist other than Buronson, and has nothing to with the main canonical storyline. Because Jagi surving a nuke never once appeared in the main manga other then in the spin-off series.

@CenaNation In a previous thread, Grudge already explained that the author, especially Tetsuo Hara, supervises all his works including spin-offs.

all the gaidens are published under the same company he works for, with most of them being prequel backstories and have yet to contradict the main manga.

Asking Grudge, he sent me these: 1 2

^What Fllflourine said. The head writer oversees all the spinoffs, and none of the events contradict the story told in the main FotNS manga

Guys.

I don't know how many people knew this, but they released a ton of the dubbed episodes for Stardust Crusaders on Adultswim.

I find it quite interesting, because when you watch the dub you don't worry about looking at the subtitles, and you can notice some of the other minor details.

I had no idea that Smokey Brown was on a magazine cover right in front of my eyes at the time.

Smokey mayor
Also, the dubbing for Rubber Soul is godlike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyeiOE-iekI

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Apparently there's a SoL statement in one of the gaidens, but I'm not gonna put much stock into it
Not only that but FTL statement as well on part 2 and the one of the guides says that Falco can shoot golden light.

But yeah I too wait untill further confirmations.

I have a question, why haven't none of the JoJo characters reached country level yet? Why are they all still multi-city block levels?

JohnCenaNation said:
I have a question, why haven't none of the JoJo characters reached country level yet? Why are they all still multi-city block levels?
Have you not read anythint passed part 4? Im prettt sure JoJo has Universal and Multiversal stands on the top.

Back