• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar vs Robin (Fire Emblem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally Joseph would blitz but that ain't a factor here. Otherwise how much prep does he have? This is important as literally all his wins factor around prep

A day of prep? He likely wins with that time. In a straight up fight no prep, he'd lose due to Robin's range and versatility plus can't Robin fly? Or is that only in smash/grima's host? Either Robin wins head on, Joseph wins with prep.

Thought he could since he could in his smash debut trailer and i recall the host doing so but either way, it doesnt change my opinions that much, if at all.

Joseph + Prep Time = Win.

Christ, Joseph would plan out so many things that I doubt Robin would be able to make a succesful attack on him. He could dodge Thoron as he did with Stingy Eyes and probably pull the same tricks as he did on Straizo.

Implying a tactician doesn't benefit from prep either and that a beam of liquid works anything like a beam of lightning (referring to him pulling the same tricks)

I'm honestly betting on the fact that Joseph would make much better use of his prep time than Robin. Also, let me check out the feats for stingy eyes quick.

Ok, so I checked and Stingy Eyes can't be compared to lightning :p. I believe with MFTL reactions(side question, are reactions effected by speed equalization?) he could be able to at least perceive it. With his prep time, I'd assume he would work a counter to his attacks and tomes.

Alright, I also found that Stingy eyes goes at AT LEAST Mach 5, according to Joseph's article. I looked at the Lightning dodging feats article and saw that average lightning goes at 2200 m / s at it's high end while Mach 5 is 1701 m / s. I honestly feel like Joseph would be able to dodge Thoron if it wasn't at a close distance. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me Thoron's feats anyways?

It scales to the speed of Meteor, but that doesn't matter since speed is equalized

@Razer Speed equal dude, otherwise Joseph would speedblitz in cqc.

I vote Joseph with prep, sure Robin is a tactician and has pulled off some weird shit to win (Like burning a fleet of boats and faking deaths) but Robin is more geared towards wars and ruses, Joseph's more geared towards killing people with a piece of string ie 1v1 combat. In this situation Joseph with prep out does Robin with prep, of course with speed equal and without prep I'd actually mean towards Robin via better combat power like fire, lightning and the such but under thus scenario I vote Joseph, of course I've already said this, not sure why u feel the need to again.

I vote for Joseph, his strategies are far crazier and he is far more unpredictable. Plus, Joseph could pretty much bypass durability with Hamon, making Robin either incapable of casting spells due the pain or even attack.

Joseph for the reasons above I honestly think Robin is a much better tactician compared to a fighter.

Or Ladies man.

I would parody the 'Your next line would be" but someone already beat me to it

If Joseph is the master of asspulls, I can't image what he'd do with prep time. But I do have a question: If the Speed is equalized, does that only give Joseph and Robin equal speed or is everything they have that differs in speed equalized, like the Red Stone of Aja?

Robin's spells will lend him a good advantage in terms of range, as he could easily wall himself off from Joseph by using his wind, lightning or fire magic that is only enhanced further by his ability known as Ignis. On the other hand, even Robin's sword skills won't be much for Joseph if he gets within punching range.

So Robin will have an easier time asserting himself early on in the match with his vastly superior range. On the other hand, if Joseph manages to get close enough, he can easily take on Robin in a cqc based match.

However, Joseph's strategic mind is better for thinking up even the craziest strategies on the fly, and is good at making his foes lose their cool, meaning that Robin will likely slip up very late into the match...

I think Joseph wins with high difficulty.

inb4 FE gets upgraded right before this match ends/gets added (although, that might actually happen)

Robin already beats Joseph easily in a straight up fight, thats what the prep is for, dude beat an ancient Aztec god of fitness that sprays lava blood, can absorb and regenerate with a piece of string.

Hamon ignores dura but the ap boost would probably force it into a near 50/50 because of oneshotting.

I'm gonna recount the votes real quick

Joseph is past 7 votes

Although, FE is going to get upgraded soon....to like....8-A

Dura Negating Rope vs Oneshotting via slapping with a tome (Yes, the books themselves can damage people, shown with Dragon Fang)

>Match Starts

>Robin throws a tome as if he's Smash Robin

>Joseph destroys it with dura negating rope and solos the verse

>Not even Duma is safe behind his Oculus

>Turns out Blessed Lance is made with Hamon

>Camus vs Dio Brando is suddenly fair

>Becomes Tier stomp via upgrade

>rip

Why a rope trick? Why not just solo with a nice cold soda?

On a more serious note, isn't his weapon of choice Gravidus? Not a blessed lance and wouldnt time stop, regen, phasing, hypnosis, flash freezing and more mitigate the Ap advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back