• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The fact that speed is equalized, she's much more skilled as a combatant even if not as strategic compared to Jolyne, and that Jolyne herself is 9-C unlike Stone Free?

But for some reason I can't even find the AP feat they scale to.

Jolyne takes this pretty conclusively via her great tactical abilities. She is also no slouch in skill either, and is probably the most straight up skilled in a fight out of the Jostars, other than maybe Joseph or Gappy. Her great skill, tactics, and the advantage that Lyn cannot break her strings means she takes this pretty conclusively

Barely anyone can compare to Lyn in skill among the army, her tactical ability is much different from her actual fighting skills, and Jolyne still being 9-C doesn't sell it for me.

Also, why couldn't she break the strings?

For starters, lack of Non-Physical Interaction.

Also, Stone Free and its strings will be invisible to her. Also, Jolyne has got range advantage. Jolyne fought Stands. That alone is greater than any tactical ability in Fire Emblem due to Stands being more hax and trickier than anything Lyn will ever deal with.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Barely anyone can compare to Lyn in skill among the army, her tactical ability is much different from her actual fighting skills, and Jolyne still being 9-C doesn't sell it for me.
Also, why couldn't she break the strings?
Stand battles are almost entirely a mind, skill, and tactics game. I can count the stand fights on 2 hands that have come down the raw physical strength in the end. Jolyne has her string shielding to protect her as well

Stand properties.

Yeah, the GBA characters don't have Non-Physical interaction, so she can't really see her stand. Her extrasensory perception, excellent swordsmanship, and the fact that she's signifigantly above fodder soldiers who scale to the minimum 5 Gigajoule lightning bolts do prevent this from being a stomp. However, the fact is she doesn't know anything about the stand and more often than not; Jolyne will be considered less predictable of the two.

And while Lyn could oneshot if she gets really close to Joyne, her stand could very well shield her from nearly every attack or strike Lyn's pressure points that are unguarded. I think Joyne takes this overall.

Jolyne easily. Stands are intangible to non-stand users, so Lyn would have to be pretty durable or fast to finish jolyne or outlive her.

Back