• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Return of Jail House Lock (Jolyne Cujoh vs Imp)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Gimme a break! : 0
It's funny... : 0
Incon : 0

Speed equalized (Because for once, a stand user at base is faster than their opponent)
First key Jolyne used
Starting distance is 20 meters with no LoS
Both have prior knowledge

This can probably work. Despite not having resistances, Jolyne has fought off another memory manip user and the starting distance and lack of LoS should mean she has some time to prepare

Last edited:
I guess this completely depends on how independent Jolyne's stand and if it can look around her at all times to block the girl's attacks. The moment Imp uses her powers it seems like Jolyne will completely forget that she's fighting someone.

I guess this completely depends on how independent Jolyne's stand and if it can look around her at all times to block the girl's attacks.
I'm not sure if Stone Free has the same independence as Star Platinum. Pretty sure that's unique to the latter

However, Jolyne has faced off a similar enemy. If I recall, she beaten that stand user by just writing down the important things she needs to remember and constantly looking on her hand

However, Jolyne has faced off a similar enemy. If I recall, she beaten that stand user by just writing down the important things she needs to remember and constantly looking on her hand
This is pretty wildly inequatable

For one, Jolyne was totally duped and unable to fight them for who knows how many loops before getting Emporio's outside help to even stumble into a solution

Imp can just stop restricting her power and she'll immediately go invisible, to the point of blinking out repeatedly in the middle of a heated battle with victoria (control+F gasoline to get what I'm on about, the entire fight revolves around it using the timeskip symbol to signify that Victoria blanked out on her opponent, which, another thing I'm thinking of is the fact Masters innately resist other masters, so that's another thing) and disappearing right in front of Shadow Stalker's eyes
“Maybe not for everyone,” Imp said. “It means different things for different people. A planet they lost, an ordeal they survived, I dunno. But it’s a reminder of Taylor to me, and it’s a reminder for you, too. Every time you see it, now, it’s going to make you think of her, remind you that she did something big.”

Shadow Stalker drew the crossbow, aiming it, but Imp was already using her power.

Shadow Stalker stood there in a daze for a moment, then holstered her crossbow. She fidgeted, pacing back and forth, then snarled aloud, kicking at a lump of snow at the edge of the roof, sending it up in a relatively pitiful flurry.

Anger with no outlet.

Imp smiled, getting to her feet, then made her way down.
-Teneral e.2

Considering Jolyne also doesn't seem to have 8-C dura like I remember seeing on a few jojo characters she really can't stop Imp from just slitting her throat while she's totally unaware

I think the key problems here is that even then, Jail House Lock is something you can remember if it directly leaves your sight. It allows you to remember three things while Imp makes you forget her entirely. Also Jolyne won't have the materials necessary to write on her hand, I think. Even if she did, it feels like Imp could finish this before Jolyne understands what's happening.

Way I see it Imp makes Jolyne forget her and then stabs her in the back of the neck. If Stone Free isn't independent and can't block attacks for her than it's simple enough, she just needs to get out of sight for a moment.

Considering Jolyne also doesn't seem to have 8-C dura like I remember seeing on a few jojo characters she really can't stop Imp from just slitting her throat while she's totally unaware
That's because making everyone 8-C for not dying because Star Platinum didn't kill them in one hit even though he actually can and is said as much like a dozen times from both Jotaro's mouth and even his enemies' and just holds back as to not kill people is sus as ****
coincidentally, Jolyne is one of the handfuls of characters who actually does have reason to scale far beyond human standards as her body is actually comprised of the same substance that gives form to her Stand, that being her Stand isn't a generic punch ghost but rather is made up from the string that composes her body

Not in her standard equipment :rolleyes:

But seriously what an odd thing to specify lol.
Working on Part 6 overhauls, it will be in like a month, maybe, having to overhaul like 8 profiles takes awhile

I've been working on a CRT for two profiles for like a year.

not because it's a long CRT I'm just a lazy ****

I think the key problems here is that even then, Jail House Lock is something you can remember if it directly leaves your sight. It allows you to remember three things while Imp makes you forget her entirely. Also Jolyne won't have the materials necessary to write on her hand, I think. Even if she did, it feels like Imp could finish this before Jolyne understands what's happening.

Way I see it Imp makes Jolyne forget her and then stabs her in the back of the neck. If Stone Free isn't independent and can't block attacks for her than it's simple enough, she just needs to get out of sight for a moment.
probably doesnt change a whole lot but jolyne started "writing" on herself during the jail house lock fight by stitching words into her skin with her own string

probably doesnt change a whole lot but jolyne started "writing" on herself during the jail house lock fight by stitching words into her skin with her own string
That's also a thing she can do yeah.

That's because making everyone 8-C for not dying because Star Platinum didn't kill them in one hit even though he actually can and is said as much like a dozen times from both Jotaro's mouth and even his enemies' and just holds back as to not kill people is sus as ****
Yeah makes sense I just figured I'd note it since them being super durable would make knifing them a bit difficult

Yeah makes sense I just figured I'd note it since them being super durable would make knifing them a bit difficult
Jolyne does have some minor Regen for what it's worth, could probably heal a knife wound as long as it ain't to the brain or heart. Though a lot of her more wacky feats come after key one.

Back