• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

Ignoring that that the statement in question is talking about lighting it on fire, not incinerating it. It'd be like 8-A+.

Now for just lighting a fire? Obviously magnitudes lower but tbh i have actually been looking at it as a supporting feat given it'd scale directly to MR's stronger fire attacks like CFH given how it works.

well I mean he's invulnerable and mftl+ with uncounterable dura neg so I don't think anybody in the verse can deal with him
then again 5-B Boros can just blow up the planet and leave him stranded in space. Another Boros W
Boros when he leaves the planet, gets hit by Kars, and melts instantly

well I mean he's invulnerable and mftl+ with uncounterable dura neg so I don't think anybody in the verse can deal with him
then again 5-B Boros can just blow up the planet and leave him stranded in space. Another Boros W
You know you say that, but you realize Boros would be doing the same to himself right lmao?
Boros don't got spaceflight bro, and his ship ain't surviving that blast, ignoring he can't even do that lol.

You realize that whole thing is an outlier right? Bro literally, physically, stops him from throwing a punch too. The same Stand stated to be weak as **** compared to Plat and generally weak in general among all Stands, stopping and contending with the god dude. This is doubly worse because as we all know, Plat > Dio, who humiliates HG in speed as well.

Don’t we upscale chariot above hierophant because of doing this same thing
No we scale Chariot to Chariot, he scales above HG because his feats happen to be drastically above his. Hierophant Green just has ten fucktillion anti-feats, he's too inconsistent to scale to the top dogs.
Like here's a good one, Hierophant Green getting blitzed by light beams (Chariot and Plat both react to them a second later just fine, and Jotaro and Pol both actually warn Kakyoin of their approach and he still gets ******).
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Jotaro was hesitant in the Steely Dan scene anyway and was layering Plat above his own punch.

HG's only consistent feat is being on par with Hermit Purple, unironically.
Rel is generous as it is, he could go as low as High Hypersonic+ due to how inconsistent he is.

And fyi Rohan and Pissed CD do scale to Plat's base speed, the issue is Plat's speed in Part 4 is just ambiguously FTL, possibly MFTL if for some reason rohan or Pissed CD don't have a possible MFTL rating, you can go make a CRT for it because they should.

You realize that whole thing is an outlier right? Bro literally, physically, stops him from throwing a punch too.
Yeah, that's Kakyoin reacting to Jotaro, not HG doing anything.
The same Stand stated to be weak as **** compared to Plat and generally weak in general among all Stands, stopping and contending with the god dude.
I'm not talking about HG, I'm talking about Kakyoin. Besides, that's more of an LS feat anyway.
This is doubly worse because as we all know, Plat > Dio, who humiliates HG in speed as well.
Pretty sure Dio is faster than Jotaro until he gets his insane rage amps.

Yeah, that's Kakyoin reacting to Jotaro, not HG doing anything.
HG stops Plat's punch within that same scene and holds him back.
Ignoring the fact Jotaro is hesitant to begin with
I'm not talking about HG, I'm talking about Kakyoin. Besides, that's more of an LS feat anyway.
Yeah, and it's a hilarious outlier.
We ain't cherry-picking bits and pieces of a scene for inflated scaling, Kak himself has lightspeed anti-feats, and quite a few at that.
Notwithstanding Jotaro is hesitant and hadn't actually begun throwing the punch, merely holding his hand up.
Pretty sure Dio is faster than Jotaro until he gets his insane rage amps.
And Plat > Dio.

Plat >>> Dio >>> HG.
Your alleged feat is stopping Jotaro from punching with Plat, this would make Kak scale to him, and in turn HG scale. Despite numerous other scenes and even statements saying otherwise.

He literally said he was trying to kill him faster than the Stand could react.
Yeah, so? The Lovers ain't that fast, it's superhuman. Not even subsonic.

Kakyoin was going insane at the time, he literally yelled and then jumped into the air before attacking.
Yes. And Pol and Chariot casually intercept the attack and ko his ass.
Pol himself also manages to react to The Sun, while Kak failed to.

Lovers is MFTL
Lmao no it ain't. It's legitimately one of the slowest Stands in existence.

Let me guess, it scales to Chariot (Who actually makes note in that same fight he's faster than it), while ignoring that a Stand's stats scale linearly with how big they are as stated in like 3 guides, 4 abilities and even mentioned in thatfight.

The Lovers isn't scaling to a MFTL Chariot, he downscales off a Chariot millions of times slower than usual.

Lmao no it ain't. It's legitimately one of the slowest Stands in existence.

Let me guess, it scales to Chariot (Who actually makes note in that same fight he's faster than it), while ignoring that a Stand's stats scale linearly with how big they are as stated in like 3 guides, 4 abilities and even mentioned in thatfight.

The Lovers isn't scaling to a MFTL Chariot, he downscales off a Chariot millions of times slower than usual.
Literally read the page, make a CRT.

If Dio describes Joseph as having the weakest stand out of all the crusaders, and we have HP at 8-C. Shouldn't HG be 8-C physically?

Ok. And Kakyoin could fire the Emerald Splash to intercept the Hanged Man and the Emperor.
He never intercepted Hanged Man.

He did intercept Emperor but funny thing, Emperor is actually noted to not be particularly fast in guides, what's fast is Hol himself and his manual control. just take a look at the Pol scene, Pol didn't even consider it a threat, and though he would have cut it easily, but, Hol manually took control and caused it to pivot.

HG intercepted Emperor bu never when it was controled by Hol, not only that, this scaling wouldn't make sense as it'd put Emerald Splash on par with the top dudes, who of course, view it in slow motion (Dio), casually deflect it (Early Plat), can dodge it easily (Tower of Gray, who later Plaa nd TW upscale off of), The Sun (literally just lightspeed who both Chariot, Pol, Jotaro and Plat react to while Splash got blitzed), etc.

Back