• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

uh
can someone (chariot) give the source for why Jotaro can't upscale to 8-B? I can't find any page on the wiki that supports him being below the upscale value, so

I already tried my hand in upscaling months back and i turned into roast beef for it.
Just stick with At Least High 8-C+ and the Higher ratings, just pretend Higher is 8-B 😭

uh
can someone (chariot) give the source for why Jotaro can't upscale to 8-B? I can't find any page on the wiki that supports him being below the upscale value, so
Look up the upscaling thread (Damage made one). Both of them. And then read like the dozen pages for it. Just look up "upscaling", OP posts only, made by Damage or something.

And then realize it ultimately doesn't matter because at the moment the only reason for any upscaling is "i feel like it should be 8-B", instead of "it is 8-B", and I gotta say.
But, to reiterate before you get any funny ideas, the highest calculated value is 7.48 tons (second being like 6.12 iirc), baseline is 11 tons, that's like a 30-40% difference. I don't think I need to explain how slippery a slope that is, not for JoJo, but the wiki as a whole. The Higher is there for good reason, ya even got two of em, it's to compensate for that very fact, it's why we have "higher" ratings to begin with.

Uh that being said, ant in that thread says there’s a note on the powerscaling page in that thread but all it says is basically “upscaling to a higher tier should be decided through case by case basis”
so

Yeah, within reason.
JoJo doesn't fall within that reason.

Calced value to far off the next tier, you can only upscale a single one shot (even if there's a hundred one shots in a row, only the first can be used), among other things.

I mean, the one shot in question is going from comparable in strength, to straight up exploding the world, saying that's less than a 40% increase would be an absolutely crazed lowball to begin with, considering how much it would take for a boxer to go from fighting someone on equal grounds, to literally blowing half their body to bits
there's a massive difference between different kinds of one shots
1. The weakest one shot, being able to knock someone out of just batter them into incapacity in a single blow
2. being able to say, donut someone or crush their skull or something
and then
3. being able to ******* explode them.
Listen
it's within reason

I don't want to have Baseline 8B Pissed off Jotaro since his scaling chain would be reduced significantly and I def don't want baseline 8B Prime Jotaro

the only time I'm personally accepting an upscale is probably P4 SP being above RHCP Morioh but that chance is now gone since I tried my hand at it and didn't go far.

so what you're telling me is that it's subjective
No I'm telling you to get a higher feat, nothing has changed, and nothing will change untill someone whips out a higher feat, and unfortunately, the only feat I can think of that might enable it doesn't even scale to Plat.
I mean, the one shot in question is going from comparable in strength, to straight up exploding the world, saying that's less than a 40% increase would be an absolutely crazed lowball to begin with, considering how much it would take for a boxer to go from fighting someone on equal grounds, to literally blowing half their body to bits
there's a massive difference between different kinds of one shots
1. The weakest one shot, being able to knock someone out of just batter them into incapacity in a single blow
2. being able to say, donut someone or crush their skull or something
and then
3. being able to ******* explode them.
Listen
it's within reason
So where does it stop Ziller? How much is it? Is it 2x? 3x? 300x? You can't say can you? Because it's completely and utterly arbitrary, maybe it's like DBZ where even a small boost can result in completely insane stomps like Vegeta vaporizing Cue with what, a 30% difference? Or maybe it's much higher? We do not know, we don't have a stated value, we just know he went from being weaker a bit to shattering him at the cost of his own hand. Is that a lot? Yeah I'd say so, but how much is it? I do not know, I just know that it's far higher. Thus he's listed as far higher.

But then what? Slippery slope, we have a character jumping half a tier basically via a one shot. What about other verses? What if a 7-C shoots a energy beam and vaporizes a dude? Are we going to make them 7-B or higher because they giga ****** someone even though they're way below the next tier? No we wouldn't, we'd go "At least 7-C", and if we want to be generous, "likely higher". Which is what we're doing here.

And the worst part is, you have tunnel vision, you're to focused on funny B letter, that you don't realize the the "higher" isn't saying "higher into High 8-C", it's saying "it's far higher than this", it could be just High 8-C+, or maybe it is 8-B, or hell maybe it's even higher. It doesn't specify because we do not know, slapping 8-B arbitrarily slaps a value onto something that we do not have a value for to begin with, but what it does do is tell us he's way the **** above the value calculated, which is true.
The higher is at its core, the best and only solution, it says what we know without presuming things that could lead to inflation, but also potentially low balling it. We have the rating for a good reason, let's actually use it for once instead of grasping for big number.

Homelander (TV Show) towards Prime Jotaro if we upscaled Prime Jotaro to baseline 8-B instead of having his insane High 8-C+ scaling chain
goku-dragon-ball-z-frieza-gif-14994544.gif

After watching the baby face video

it seems babyface is one of the few stands that can be harmed by non stand users.

easiest way, (kill it with fire and explosions)

Question

if josuke destroyed WOU with soft and wet does that mean immortality negation type 8

and shouldn’t he have some form of CM since WOU has abstract existence (type 2 that is)?

He wouldn't be able.
Harvest has only like a 4km range, and I doubt Shigechi is gonna be able to cover every inch of the country to kill everyone.

And it'd eventually become obvious that the ****** kid who has everyone in the 4km vicinity of him drop dead as he goes from place to place and only he survives is the cause behind it.

He wouldn't be able.
Harvest has only like a 4km range, and I doubt Shigechi is gonna be able to cover every inch of the country to kill everyone.

And it'd eventually become obvious that the ****** kid who has everyone in the 4km vicinity of him drop dead as he goes from place to place and only he survives is the cause behind it.
Fatal flaw with this reasoning: who the hell is gonna stop him

Back