• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

With spin, u can age people, unage people, brush ur teeth, grind cheese, alter the air to go invisible, and spin things.

with hamon you can live as long as joseph, turn a leaf into a magnet, turn spaghetti into tank shells, walk on water, have hermit purple, predict the future I guess, use mind control, general blowing things up, healing and regeneration, pain resistance, and probably other stuff

if there's a Scarlet Overdrive aka fire hamon..
I wonder if theres electric hamon, like actual electricity and not the electric hamon sparks they usually have.

Hamon vs Spin 🤔
Which is stronger, versatile and overall the better power? 🤔
Stronger-Hamon, the character profiles say it all
Versatility-It's a hard pick if I don't sit down and think about it
If by better power you mean convenience I'd say Spin for now cause it doesn't have the breathing weakness or gets weaker with stamina and a whole lot of objects it can be used with, explosive spin solos

His movement speed in wires (lightspeed; stated like 5 times) scales to his reactions (or at least close enough to where the difference is impossible to quantify because it's negligible).

Proceed from there.

Kinda like how Whis' movement speed scales to his reactions because he can make sharp turns or act at a whim while moving.

You guys are trained for Hamon and become a ****** master at it
What would be your signature hamon weapon or what techniques would you come up with?

I'd have a hamon water jug lmfao, id shoot water and use hamon to form it into a water spike then GG

You guys are trained for Hamon and become a ****** master at it
What would be your signature hamon weapon or what techniques would you come up with?

I'd have a hamon water jug lmfao, id shoot water and use hamon to form it into a water spike then GG
piss bullets
I am not joking

I'm curious on the whole Jotaro vs Dio fight and Dio's ability to fly and where it came from and why Jotaro never used Stand leap again after the fight and why there was no intense Stand to Stand combat as such ever again, heck in Part 8 Soft and Wet never actually gets punched

Araki didn't wanna fall into DBZ syndrome, where every arc he had to up the ante, so he actively dialed it back for Part 4 and many Stand fights after Part 3 are more about strategy and exploitation, that way he can have villains that come after the likes of DIO who are an actual issue and spooky while also not needing to stomp DIO into the ground to do that. Same with the heroes, that way not everyone has to be Jotaro 2 and have unga bunga stats.

Though we still get some Stand fights here and there, CD vs RHCP had some solid exchanges, RHCP slapped CD through a **** ton of storage containers and shit or Act 4 showing D4C what Part 3 Stands looked like (D4C proceeds to get his head caved in). But it isn't the focus, it'll happen once in awhile but that's it.

Man, I don't want to flood the No Way Home thread with Jotaro but god *********** damn.
Like you chillin on the weekend like usual until you saw that Toxin 8-B Venom thread. I had THE ROCK EYEBROW when i saw it
Z.png

Then bruh their being upscaled from a 7.98 ton to 11 tons (a 1.37 or 1.38 difference) and it might seem possible. I was like "Huh" goddamn i might be the biggest sucker for 8-B Jotaro, like i drink that shit like an addiction similar to grinding a game you love to hit the max levels, prestiging every time. So tried to ignore it until my boy abaddon made mention about it.
qmX3dKm.png

The urge is equivalent to Kira Yoshikage tryna steal some HANDS. The difference between 7.83 tons and 11 is a 1.41x.. So close yet so far... Part 4 Star Platinum should be drastically above Morioh RHCP when Koichi was shocked as **** that SHA withstood a full powered barrage from Star Platinum and never met a tough stand like that, implying that if RHCP was in the same spot, Star Platinum would send him flying back to the hospital and decimate him. Then we have shit like P3 Star Platinum>P4 Star Platinum
unknown.png

Truly i am a broken record.
This gave me both a good laugh + douse of sadness. 😩

I'm going to say something very true! Totally not me ratting and wanking. Source: Trust me bro.
The World is the concept of time, and so is Star Platinum.
🤓
16410858410413246041240475691357.jpg

i can kiss the higher rating anyway 😙
Fun Fact: Makima is 8-B via upscaling from Hybrid form Denji who upscales from Chainsaw Denji who also upscales from his weakened state that scales to 7.4 tons , but there's no oneshots

Also you could make a Jotaro vs Denji match, but that may be a stomp

pistols being 8-C is a bit odd cause they abuse piercing damage to get to that tier
True, but we tend to rate it all the same. Remember, it's attack potency, not DC. If a character can hurt another character, they tend to scale, whether it be with a sword or a magic gun (looking at you final fantasy).

what you're saying is true, but I was more just saying like
even if you have like an athletic human tier attack, focusing it down a shit ton to a ridiculously tiny point would be enough to damage something 9-B or something
but effectively that doesn't matter, unless we take regen into account to where being shot by a bullet is not gonna do much but being incinerated or exploded completely would, or just any situation of type 2 immortality

Joseph's explanation links about Hamon is dead rn
"While Hamon is primarily a weapon against enemies weak to sunlight, it can be just as deadly against humans, as it can be used to kill a human being by stopping their heart; if they aren't strong enough to take it."

Does anyone know what chapter the kill a human by stopping their hearts come from?
Marco the German soldier got mercy killed that way after I think Wamuu walked through him. The topic also comes up when Joseph and Caesar were debating how to get Esidisi out of Suzie Q.

Back