• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

I wanna give these guys their first matchups.
Well, I mean... Hanged Man's speed is stuck at SOL first and foremost. RHCP has a definite speed advantage with enough electricity, becoming unquestionably FTL. There's no real reason he couldn't get to that point in his speed with as many electronically devices and wires that are in Europe. Hell, RHCP can even heal himself with electricity if Hanged Man gets a lucky shot in on him with it's blades, again, easily with as much tech that's actually in Europe. There's even a chance Hanged Man won't even be able to touch RHCP in the first place due to the natural electricity shield which surrounds his body anyway, so...

All that being said, Akira no diffs, and it's not even close.

Well, I mean... Hanged Man's speed is stuck at SOL first and foremost. RHCP has a definite speed advantage with enough electricity, becoming unquestionably FTL.
Gaining enough electricity to become that fast takes time, and that's time that he might not have with Akira being hunted by Hanged Man
There's no real reason he couldn't get to that point in his speed with as many electronically devices and wires that are in Europe.
Once again, takes an unspecified amount of time, so he might not even have the chance.
Hell, RHCP can even heal himself with electricity if Hanged Man gets a lucky shot in on him with it's blades, again, easily with as much tech that's actually in Europe. There's even a chance Hanged Man won't even be able to touch RHCP in the first place due to the natural electricity shield which surrounds his body anyway, so...
J. Geil explicitly targets the user, not the stand, so whether or not Hanged Man can hit RHCP is irrelevant. Also, neither know of each others abilities, so Akira is going to most likely stand still, leaving him open to being attacked.
All that being said, Akira no diffs, and it's not even close.
Both can one shot each other (RHCP though AP, and Hanged Man through Dura Neg), and both have similar amounts of places to attack from and travel (Electric outlets and....literally anything reflective are both prevalent in this town).

Plz don't hit me with a Bible of a response, I beg of you-

Hanged Man also...doesn't go for people's neck, if at all. One-shotting isn't in character for J. Geil... Could've sliced Polnareff's neck in the bathroom, or while all those people were around him and he was jumping too fast from reflection to reflection for Polnareff to fully perceive... Yet, he never did, he simply kept on slicing at his body and arms. RHCP can simply just electrocute J. Geil to death once he finds him, or just till he's incapacitated... RHCP can pull J. Geil into a port and bring him into the current, or just impale him through his chest due to the gigantic AP difference. Then there's the fact he could just make something tech-releated blow up near J. Geil. There's just too many wincons in Akira's favor. Also, in a building filled with people, while both Akira and J. Geil stand out in a crowd due to their clothes. J. Geil's two left/right hands will ALWAYS make him stand out no matter what he may wear. Akira, if possible, can just switch out of his clothes after he heads into a nearby store as RHCP searches all across town for J. Geil.

Hanged Man also...doesn't go for people's neck, if at all. One-shotting isn't in character for J. Geil... Could've sliced Polnareff's neck in the bathroom, or while all those people were around him and he was jumping too fast from reflection to reflection for Polnareff to fully perceive... Yet, he never did, he simply kept on slicing at his body and arms.
He did all of that because he explicitly wanted to mess with Polnareff, since he knew he was after him for killing his sister. This is just some random nobody that he has no connection to, so he's to go for the kill.
RHCP can simply just electrocute J. Geil to death once he finds him, or just till he's incapacitated... RHCP can pull J. Geil into a port and bring him into the current, or just impale him through his chest due to the gigantic AP difference. Then there's the fact he could just make something tech-releated blow up near J. Geil.
Yeah, he can do all of that, but he still has to know where he is in order to do so, which he doesn't know where he is at the start; neither of them do, and they have to actively search for each other with only vague knowledge on what the other looks like.
There's just too many wincons in Akira's favor.
All of them revolve around getting close to J. Geil, which is also the latter's win con. No matter what win con Akira chooses, J. Geil's is arguably just as fast.
Also, in a building filled with people, while both Akira and J. Geil stand out in a crowd due to their clothes. J. Geil's two left/right hands will ALWAYS make him stand out no matter what he may wear. Akira, if possible, can just switch out of his clothes after he heads into a nearby store as RHCP searches all across town for J. Geil.
They aren't in the same building; they are in completely different, random buildings in the town around 300m away from each other. Akira doesn't know about J. Geil's ability, and so he isn't going to know to change clothes.

He did all of that because he explicitly wanted to mess with Polnareff, since he knew he was after him for killing his sister. This is just some random nobody that he has no connection to, so he's to go for the kill.

Yeah, he can do all of that, but he still has to know where he is in order to do so, which he doesn't know where he is at the start; neither of them do, and they have to actively search for each other with only vague knowledge on what the other looks like.

All of them revolve around getting close to J. Geil, which is also the latter's win con. No matter what win con Akira chooses, J. Geil's is arguably just as fast.

They aren't in the same building; they are in completely different, random buildings in the town around 300m away from each other. Akira doesn't know about J. Geil's ability, and so he isn't going to know to change clothes.
I know that...
Anyway? Akira knows somebody trying to hunt him down, right? He may not know an exact description, nor his opponents ability. However, he can still change clothes to avoid detection by any enemy that may be looking around for him regardless. A hat covers the obvious hair, and a style change can concel his identity further. It's not ability specific at all.

I know that...
Anyway? Akira knows somebody trying to hunt him down, right? He may not know an exact description, nor his opponents ability. However, he can still change clothes to avoid detection by any enemy that may be looking around for him regardless. A hat covers the obvious hair, and a style change can concel his identity further. It's not ability specific at all.
That's fair, actually. But considering how many reflections are in a the town I put them in, he might not have time to do the changing in the first place.

But do you agree that this isn't a stomp?

Also, can't RHCP just drain the energy from one, single giant power source like an entire building's electrical system at once? I don't think he has a limit on how much electricity he can drain at once, right?

Also, can't RHCP just drain the energy from one, single giant power source like an entire building's electrical system?
He has no reason to think that his opponent would require him to absorb that much electricity, and considering that it took him months of slow sucking Morioh of energy to reach decent FTL speeds, I doubt it would make much of a difference.

That's fair, actually. But considering how many reflections are in a the town I put them in, he might not have time to do the changing in the first place.

But do you agree that this isn't a stomp?
Well, if Hanged Man does manage to find Akira first. There's nothing much Akira can do besides try and shatter whatever reflective surface with RHCP and run as fast as he can. If another stand could physically grab Hanged Man, provided it's fast enough to get close enough to SOL speeds, then yeah. This would've been a complete stomp in Akira's favor, but another stand can't grab Hanged Man in canon. Dura neg is a problem if Hanged Man finds him first, but if RHCP finds J. Geil first... He's completely ******. However, due to having more wincons and ability's, Akira takes this pretty handily. But no, on second inspection, this isn't a shitstomp as I first thought.

I may not be remembering right but wasn't Jotaro still fighting stand users after Part 3 via his adventures with Polnareff and stuff?

I may not be remembering right but wasn't Jotaro still fighting stand users after Part 3 via his adventures with Polnareff and stuff?
Yes given he implies in Part 4 he'd seen several Stands over the years and was implied in Part 6 to have been busy as a result of that among other things

Although Polnareff was across the world rather than with Jotaro according to what he said in Part 5

i believe Jotaro violates Diavolo.
Explain, I still stand by my ratings going down each version of Jotaro, but I'd be interesting to hear another perspective

Part 3 Jotaro mid-high diffs Diavolo due to the heavy speed and strength difference. Diavolo COULD get a lucky hit in using his own abilities, of which Jotaro would fall fairly easily to after a while, but speed matters alot here. Even if Diavolo does get a lucky hit in, he better make it count because Star Platinum's caving his skull in as soon as he reappears to impale Jotaro through the stomach. Star Platium can react on it's own after all, that also matters. Since Diavolo never goes for the head in canon, Jotaro wins. If both are bloodlusted, and Diavolo can get a head-spliting shot in on Jotaro. Diavolo wins with extreme difficulty, limping away with a couple of bodily injuries and a few broken ribs from Star Platinum most definitely getting in a couple of body shots.

If Star Platinum doesn't have Time Stop: Diavolo wins mid-difficulty.

If he has Time Stop: It's just as I said above.

Last edited:
Jotaro is just that guy
Not in Part 4, or 6 tho, pre or post coma... Scaling wise, at least.

Part 4 Jotaro has no MFTL feats, and is only above relativistic stands and a specifically SOL stand. Basically equal in speed, with Diavolo more than likely being in the upper echelons of FTL as compared to Jotaro. Diavolo mid-diffs Jotaro here in my own opinion. With speed a non-factor here, King Crimson simply outspeeds and kills Jotaro. Diavolo's not getting out completely unscathed, and Star Platinum's overwhelming strength and Jotaro's own experience with a time-manipulating stand already makes certain this match can never be a complete low-diff for Diavolo.

Part 6 Jotaro before the coma...had to stop time to move Jolyne out of the way of bullets... ******* bullets. Age is a bitch... Anyway, Diavolo low-mid diffs Jotaro here. Can't completely stay off mid because Jotaro's strength is obviously still a factor, which makes him still a threat to Diavolo. A heavily weakened threat, but a threat nonetheless.

Part 6 Jotaro after the coma...literally had 84 percent of his muscles atrophied, and doesn't even have a single FTL statement unlike his pre-coma counterpart. He shouldn't even be standing, let alone fighting Pucci, but I digress. Time stops are particularly heavy on his aged organs now, not as if they weren't before, but noticeably now. If you couldn't tell, his extended time limit of 5 seconds really aren't helping his case... He had to rely on Anusui to pull him up as Pucci was charging at him, stamina issue more likely than not. Not only that, but while he turned on a dime to Ora Ora Pucci that first time. Anusui was able to react to Jotaro's unexpected and sudden rush, putting Diver Down inside of Jotaro just before Pucci could slice his neck open and kill him right then and there. Obvious scalling chain is obvious as you can hopefully see. Jotaro's last for missing every, single one of his punches against Pucci while Pucci's obvious higher than Jotaro for dodging his attacks. However, they're both below Anusui and other FTL Part 6 stands because Pucci wasn't able to slice Jotaro's neck open in time before Anusui could protect him with Diver Down. Diavolo low-diff's Part 6 post-coma Jotaro.

Diavolo trying to punch a hole through Prime Jotaro with King Crimson be like
goku-cooler-punch-ssj-goku-gut-punch-gif-13895311.gif

He gets hit once, its over
May I point you to his GER feat? A stand that's specifically stated to have an Attack Potency or AP above all existing stands who were active at the point of GER's transformation in Part 5, didn't completely kill this man after 3 full-on attack rushes. That includes Star Platinum by the way... Sure, King Crimson was looking ****** up by the end of it, but hey, still alive...

That gets put into question when you consider Giorno and therefore GER wanted Diavolo to suffer. He put him into a death loop, for crying out loud

That gets put into question when you consider Giorno and therefore GER wanted Diavolo to suffer. He put him into a death loop, for crying out loud
You thought you had something there, didn't you? Your trying to say GER was purposefully pulling it's punches to prolong the beat down, but having Diavolo suffer is literally the point of the Infinite Death Loop AFTER RTZ. You'd have to bring extra evidence to prove GER was holding back here, for whatever reason...

May I point you to his GER feat? A stand that's specifically stated to have an Attack Potency or AP above all existing stands who were active at the point of GER's transformation in Part 5, didn't completely kill this man after 3 full-on attack rushes. That includes Star Platinum by the way... Sure, King Crimson was looking ****** up by the end of it, but hey, still alive...
outlier, diavolo was hurt by silver chariot's slashes which star platinum with his eyes closed can deflect and block with ease 😭

Prime Jotaro's durability feats are crazy, but be for real right now, he's not pulling a "light work, no reaction" to King Crimson. Let's be honest here...
Prime Jotaro took a kick to the face from High The World operating at maximum output (Broke Star Platinum's Guard as well)
High The World at full power>Angrier Star Plat (Busted through The World's hand)>High The World=>Angry Star Platinum (Busted a hole on The World)>The World (Bullied SP in combat)>Star Platinum>7.83 Tons (High 8-C+)
Outliers Jotaro has a scaling chain above the 7.83 tons and Diavolo's King Crimson is like, just possibly scaling to that value in this wiki 😭

Back