• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

Not enough, the standards for alt canon profiles is kind of strict. Over 99% of viewers wouldn't even pick up on a difference, isn't a good sign for it it's eligible.
Just because viewers don't pick up on a difference, doesn't mean the fundamental difference to what we see in the manga and the anime isn't still there... Shouldn't we try to be accurate as possible for any character if we have extremely specific knowledge like this? Besides, I'm mentioning a change that would COMPLETELY overhaul Time Erasure as a concept, in terms of a separate anime page at least. That means no more just saying plain Time Erasure on a potential anime profile, as this comes from the fact that King Crimson's time erasure is stated on his profile to remove space... Well, is that still there in the anime? No, not at all as I've said... Diavolo walks across the ground in Time Erase multiple times, people who aren't Diavolo walk across the ground in Time Erase however unaware, and Diavolo even goes behind a goddamm piller in the anime to first show off his whole body. Cool usage of your ability, but if space were truly gone like it describes in the manga. This shit shouldn't even be possible due to a piller not even physically being present in Time Erase by it's own definition, and it isn't, because the manga correctly shows Diavolo not time skipping behind the piller. He just walks behind it to transform. Much simpler, and it doesn't actually end up flying in the fact of King Crimson erasing space with his time erasure ability. Even causality manip isn't safe due to my first and main point of people still freely walking, although unaware, around in time erase to complete their actions. There's no requirement for fated predictions to fill in what isn't temporarily there like in the manga. What does this all mean? King Crimson in the anime LOGICALLY CAN'T BE ERASING TIME EXACTLY LIKE HE IS SHOWN TO BE IN THE MANGA. This means everything about his ability, including the two "abilities" Diavolo gets from it which are Time Erasure and Causality Manip need to be completely thrown out for an anime profile, and by extension, his description that lay under said abilities as well.

Side note, I DO still believe he's erasing time in the anime, just not like how the manga presents it. My own explanation for what actually might be happening would've been the focal point of my first CRT

Basically:
Time Erasure and Causality Manipulation (King Crimson can erase up to ten seconds of time, removing space in the process. With this it allows him to erase all the process of the actions done in the erased time, leaving only its results)
This needs to go for an anime profile, as well as that giant blurb about how Time Erase functions near the bottom of Diavolo's page obviously. Pictures need to be changed and separated for the anime and manga profiles of course, and that Epitaph description is...just bugging me. Abilities DON'T just change at the end of a part, why would Epitaph suddenly show what happens after Time Erase when it's been constantly shown and described to show what happens 10 seconds into the future...but I digress... One last thing, and correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Diavolo, in the manga not the anime, get indirect spacial manip added on? Just wondering.
Dio unironically probably the only anime canon character who differs enough and that's because he has like 5-10+ different abilities and stats.
Well, if his fundamental ability needs to be completely revamped from the main adaptation of the manga, no OVA's here to lean back on as an alternative way to experience and watch Part 5. I think it more than soildly counts.
And King Crimson is solidly MFTL, being tagged by a MFTL chariot, due to said character having a decade to figure out a potential counter, failing, and then admitting he'd never land an attack on him ever again, doesn't change the fact he reacted to a 90s Chariot attack, mutilated him, and is explicitly noted to have First-Class speed (as in, he's up there with the fastest stands to ever exist).
I know what first class means, but are we sure that's enough to simply give him a solid MFTL rating? FTL is top-class in my opinion for a stand, especially when only a HANDFUL of stands have a MFTL rating. You said yourself in a previous thread you had multiple examples of even fodder characters having relativistic to sub-rel feats, why can't FTL, which is far above most stands in this series by a reasonable accord, be seen as "first-class"?
In the anime at least, he activated his ability BEFORE Silver Chariot swung it's sword, he didn't react mid-slash like in the manga. He only got the chance to gouge out Polnareff's eye because of the inherent confusion erasing time completely, in the manga not the anime of course, brings for people who experience it for the first time. Also, you directly assume Silver Chariot was automatically being used, when the situation seems to lean more towards a manually controlled Silver Chariot. Chariot is blind after all, you brought said fact to the attention of the wiki. I only came to the conclusion that Polnareff was being used manually to directly swing at and attack Diavolo because of the specific distance Chariot had to cross, then swinging without any commands from Polnareff. Anyway, with my rudimentary eyeballing calcs, I found that both Silver Chariot's movement towards Diavolo and the sword swing, even if it's not applicable here, to be around subsonic in the anime's case at least.

Eyeballing it with the ever-trusty framebyframe website, it appears that Diavolo and Polnareff are about...5 Polnareff's away from each other. Throwing that into a calc I somehow deleted so I can't copy it here, and counting off the second it took for Silver Chariot to move infront of Diavolo. That's around ~subsonic speeds for Silver Chariot in this instance, but that's just off eyeballing, so again, take that as you will. Looking at the sword swing, it's about a meter or so that Silver Chariot swung his sword in 0.01 seconds or 10 milliseconds. That's again... around subsonic speeds. Now, that's not impressive at all, nor is basically gouging out Polnareff's eye due to the fact we know King Crimson's ability commonly leaves people who experience it for the first time disoriented and confused by it's own nature. Attacking Polnareff again to mortally wound him before Silver Chariot can retaliate is a little impressive, but finishing somebody off after they're already badly wounded kinda downplays this a little.

Give or take a few Polnareff's, this feat, even if professionally calced, should still result in a subsonic feat overall. I'm not a professional calcer by any defintion, but I did do the math for whatever that's worth. I even talked about the lead-up to the final confrontation, of which I feel can give more reasoning to a FTL rating given the fact that the anime's feat wasn't looking too good for King Crimson...

1. This was a long and drawn out battle, no doubt about that. Polnareff and Diavolo both got to the cliff, more a feat on Polnareff's part for evading King Crimson until then due to said "first-class speed", but more on that later.

2. When Diavolo appears, he 100 percent intends to kill you in person. There's no real debate on this, if Diavolo shows up in person, he fully intends on ending your life himself ASAP. Not a point really, just a little fact he even states himself directly.

3. Diavolo nor King Crimson have taken a lick of damage from this "fight", so THIS MUST MEAN that King Crimson successfully evaded Silver Chariot's blade while wounding Polnareff directly. Of course Polnareff was fighting for his life, and didn't just let Diavolo outright harm him without trying to attack back. This feat is all the more impressive when you consider point 4.

4. DIAVOLO DID NOT ERASE TIME ONCE before actually erasing time to get behind Polnareff to finish their fight. This is proven when Polnareff quickly understands that Diavolo's skipping time, good job Polnareff! Didn't save you from getting crippled, but still... In any case, Polnareff never notes that he skipped time again or he dissappeared AGAIN. Before somebody brings up Epitaph more than likely predicted Silver Chariot's defensive swings while they fought. Epitaph, when used in a direct fashion without time erase accompanying it, is USELESS unless you have the necessary reaction speeds and movement speeds to avoid attacks. If an attack occurs before Diavolo can even perceive it, or before Diavolo can understand the vision Epitaph provides and act accordingly, he's basically shit out of luck.

5. Diavolo, although showing no real reaction at all to his arm being sliced, WASN'T able to come out of the darkness to attack Polnareff before Silver Chariot made it's own move. I'd say Silver Chariot was definitely automatically controlled in this moment due to the specific simplicity of the action, and the speed at which it was performed as well as Polnareff's own command in the form of NOW. This would be MFTL for reference. While luck WAS definitely a strong factor here, even by Polnareff's own admission, requring he spot Diavolo within an extremely, extremely short time frame before he could use King Crimson to attack. It was SILVER CHARIOT'S OWN SPEED that allowed for this strategy to work out as they did...

Here's Polnareff's strategy laid out, and what it calls on from the person using the strategy to have specifically.

Luck: You need luck to spot Diavolo first thing before he can make a move. You turn around and see nothing, meaning he's hiding somewhere else out of your field of view, your about to get a crimson fist through your chest...

SPEED: You NEED to have the reaction times and movement speed to actively make good on your quick observation, if you don't, it won't matter if you spot him swiftly enough by luck's grace. IF YOU CAN'T USE YOUR STAND TO HARM HIM BEFORE HE CAN USE KING CRIMSON TO HARM YOU, then your ******...

Ex. When Giorno used the blood drop method to try and figure out who's body Diavolo was in. HE COULD BARELY REACT TO DIAVOLO SLICING OFF HIS ARMS. Maybe if he didn't have to turn his whole body around, it would've helped, but still...

Oh, and...

"King Crimson is solidly MFTL, being tagged by a MFTL chariot, due to said character having a decade to figure out a potential counter, failing, and then admitting he'd never land an attack on him ever again."

Polnareff didn't fail, far from it. While he didn't kill Diavolo, the strategy he came up with, BASED OFF ONE SINGLE FIGHT WITH DIAVOLO, was rock soild. If Diavolo was closer, his arm surely would've been fatally injured and cut open like a busted hot dog. Diavolo's no vampire, he just can't heal his injuries, so that arm would've definitely become unusable from that point forward had he been just the tiniest bit closer. Also, due to the basic nature of Time Erase with the combination of Epitaph, his strategy with Diavolo WILL ALWAYS have luck to it. NOWHERE DID HE MENTION HIS OWN SPEED BEING AT FAULT, JUST LUCK AND ONLY LUCK BASED AROUND HIM SPOTTING DIAVOLO IN TIME TO ATTACK FIRST. Also, where did Polnareff mention he'd never land an attack on Diavolo again? He only talked about dodging/avoiding a very-much life-ending strike from King Crimson, of which would've happened earlier that it did in actual canon had Silver Chariot's own AUTOMATIC speed saved Polnareff's ass and slashed Diavolo's arm before he could even summon King Crimson to erase time again to avoid his attack. Speaking of...don't you find it weird that Silver Chariot, in this automatic usage case, got Diavolo before he could skip time again? It's almost as if Silver Chariot, when automatically used with proven MFTL speeds, clearly outclasssd Diavolo's own reaction speeds because he wasn't shown to be able to summon King Crimson or skip time again successfully, nor was he able to move from the spot he stationed himself in within time erase. Makes you think, doesn't it?

So, to recap while looking at his current speed profile

*At least Massively FTL with King Crimson (Boasts first-class speed.
-First-class speed doesn't have to be MFTL, just has to be above a majority of stands really as I've already said. Even if you still say this completely implies MFTL, there's just not enough evidence here, on the anime's side at least, to justify a soild rating. That's why I personally think a (At least FTL, possibly higher) is fair for anime King Crimson's profile.
Though speed is rarely an issue for it due to erasing time, it could react to Silver Chariot while it was mid-attack, erase time, and quickly gouge out Silver Chariot's eye and continue attacking Polnareff before he could defend himself.
-Already went over this above, but this would really only apply to the manga's case. Already talked about the anime above heavily, so I won't explain again here.
Polnareff stated that he only barely dodged King Crimson once and that whether or not Giorno could defend against it is a matter of luck, with Giorno Giovanna barely having enough time to react and failed to defend himself against King Crimson's blow.
-Yes, luck..not speed.
Moved Spice Girl fast enough to dodge a strike from Sticky Fingers)*

Jesus, this was long...

Last edited:
That...depends heavily on which Jotaro your talking about? We talking about Part 3 Jotaro, Part 4 Jotaro, or Part 6 Jotaro (Pre-coma or Post-coma Foddertaro)?
If it's part 3 Jotaro, then...King Crimson gets blitzed pretty badly... Wait, here me out first before you say anything... My part two to my second CRT, if it actually passed, would've explained that the Silver Chariot vs Diavolo feat out in detail. Of course, due to Silver Chariot slicing at Diavolo and him disappearing, then attacking Polnareff is, at least on paper, an easy MFTL feat. However, all isn't exactly how it seems...
Anyway, Part 3 Jotaro mid-high diffs Diavolo due to the heavy speed and strength difference. Diavolo COULD get a lucky hit in using his own abilities, of which Jotaro would fall fairly easily to after a while, but speed matters alot here. Even if Diavolo does get a lucky hit in, he better make it count because Star Platinum's caving his skull in as soon as he reappears to impales Jotaro through the stomach. Star Platium can react on it's own after all, that also matters. Since Diavolo never goes for the head in canon, Jotaro wins. If both are bloodlusted, and Diavolo can get a head-spliting shot in on Jotaro. Diavolo wins with Extreme difficulty, limping away with a couple of bodily injuries from Star Platinum most definitely getting in a couple of body shots.

Part 4 Jotaro has no MFTL feats, and is only above relativistic stands and a specifically SOL stand. Basically equal in speed, with Diavolo more than likely being in the upper echelons of FTL as compared to Jotaro. Diavolo mid-diffs Jotaro here in my own opinion. With speed a non-factor here, King Crimson simply outspeeds and kills Jotaro. Diavolo's not getting out completely unscathed, and Star Platinum's overwhelming strength and Jotaro's own experience with a time-manipulating stand already makes certain this match can never be a complete low-diff for Diavolo.

Part 6 Jotaro before the coma...had to stop time to move Jolyne out of the way of bullets... ******* bullets. Age is a bitch... Anyway, Diavolo low-mid diffs Jotaro here. Can't completely stay off mid because Jotaro's strength is obviously still a factor, which makes him still a threat to Diavolo. A heavily weakened threat, but a threat nonetheless.

Part 6 Jotaro after the coma...literally had 84 percent of his muscles atrophied, and doesn't even have a single FTL statement unlike his pre-coma counterpart. He shouldn't even be standing, let alone fighting Pucci, but I digress. Time stops are particularly heavy on his aged organs now, not as if they weren't before, but noticeably now. If you couldn't tell, his extended time limit of 5 seconds really aren't helping his case... He had to rely on Anusui to pull him up as Pucci was charging at him, stamina issue more likely than not. Not only that, but while he turned on a dime to Ora Ora Pucci that first time. Anusui was able to react to Jotaro's unexpected and sudden rush, putting Diver Down inside of Jotaro just before Pucci could slice his neck open and kill him right then and there. Obvious scalling chain is obvious as you can hopefully see. Jotaro's last for missing every, single one of his punches against Pucci while Pucci's obvious higher than Jotaro for dodging his attacks. However, they're both below Anusui and other FTL Part 6 stands because Pucci wasn't able to slice Jotaro's neck open in time before Anusui could protect him with Diver Down. Diavolo low-diff's Part 6 post-coma Jotaro.

All that text just for it to not be a big enough difference for a second profile
I'll say this just like I said before...

"Just because viewers don't pick up on a difference, doesn't mean the fundamental difference to what we see in the manga and the anime isn't still there... Shouldn't we try to be accurate as possible for any character if we have extremely specific knowledge like this?"

I'll say this just like I said before...

"Just because viewers don't pick up on a difference, doesn't mean the fundamental difference to what we see in the manga and the anime isn't still there... Shouldn't we try to be accurate as possible for any character if we have extremely specific knowledge like this?"
From what I've seen, such as on the spiderman discussion thread where multiple potential profiles have been discussed, it usually takes bigger story changes and larger tiering differences to be eligible to be considered to have a second profile. I dont King Crimson really qualifies for all that, despite your big text walls just trying to say how the abilities are slightly off.

From what I've seen, such as on the spiderman discussion thread where multiple potential profiles have been discussed, it usually takes bigger story changes and larger tiring differences to be eligible to be considered to have a second profile. I dont King Crimson really qualifies for all that, despite your big text walls just trying to say how the abilities are slightly off.
An ability literally being incompatible with it's entire manga description by what we're shown in the anime, requiring a complete rework of how King Crimson's ability functions in the anime via CRT is slightly off to you...?

From what I've seen, such as on the spiderman discussion thread where multiple potential profiles have been discussed, it usually takes bigger story changes and larger tiering differences to be eligible to be considered to have a second profile. I dont King Crimson really qualifies for all that, despite your big text walls just trying to say how the abilities are slightly off.
Also, JJBA doesn't even come close to reaching Marvel's cosmology or size and range of unique story's. Spiderman damn near has a unique character version for every, single stand in the Jojo verse, this really isn't the same argument...

Also, JJBA doesn't even come close to reaching Marvel's cosmology or size and range of unique story's. Spiderman damn near has a unique character version for every, single stand in the Jojo verse, this really isn't the same argument...
I'm not talking about mainline Marvel, side content is what was went over, like games and TV show that basically have no bearing on the comics. So that cosmology stuff doesn't pertain to what I'm saying. The alternate profile thing also goes hand in hand with DB, where some profiles have anime and manga versions while others only have one because there's not enough differences.
An ability literally being incompatible with it's entire manga description by what we're shown in the anime, requiring a complete rework of how King Crimson's ability functions in the anime via CRT is slightly off to you...?
It's a bit hard to understand what you mean by this, because of how big and blocky your text walls are. And again, it's more quantity over one thing. As Chariot said again, Dio would consume an anime profile because he has multiple new abilities and bigger tier differences.

I'm not talking about mainline Marvel, side content is what was went over, like games and TV show that basically have no bearing on the comics. So that cosmology stuff doesn't pertain to what I'm saying. The alternate profile thing also goes hand in hand with DB, where some profiles have anime and manga versions while others only have one because there's not enough differences.

It's a bit hard to understand what you mean by this, because of how big and blocky your text walls are.
Excuse me for being detailed, I guess?
And again, it's more quantity over one thing. As Chariot said again, Dio would consume an anime profile because he has multiple new abilities and bigger tier differences.
Well, it's more quantity over two to three things but who's really counting...
So, every separate profile for a character has to be big and extravagant? So, because King Crimson doesn't have to have his ENTIRE profile trashed for an anime version and redone like DIO does with every single stat and ability. He's automatically locked out of having an anime page, this wiki is so ******* stupid sometimes... All that has to be done is an ability revamp and speed downgrade with a CRT I'll gladly make, and said information can be pasted into an anime profile. That's it, most of his stats can remain untouched if nothing else comes up. It's just the large ability revamp and speed particularly which I find warrents a separate page. It's just copying and pasting most things over, and changing what needs to be changed, of which I've already gone into detail about. This shouldn't be hard...

Excuse me for being detailed, I guess?
being thorough is very cool, but your monologues over this sometimes are a bit too big to digest.
Well, it's more quantity over two to three things but who's really counting...
So, every separate profile for a character has to be big and extravagant? So, because King Crimson doesn't have to have his ENTIRE profile trashed for an anime version and redone like DIO does with every single stat and ability. He's automatically locked out of having an anime page, this wiki is so ******* stupid sometimes... All that has to be done is an ability revamp and speed downgrade with a CRT I'll gladly make, and said information can be pasted into an anime profile. That's it, most of his stats can remain untouched if nothing else comes up. It's just the large ability revamp and speed particularly which I find warrents a separate page. It's just copying and pasting most things over, and changing what needs to be changed, of which I've already gone into detail about. This shouldn't be hard...
Not big or extravagant, there just needs to be enough to qualify. And see, that's why it likely isn't enough to qualify for an alternative page. If you can simply copy and paste information from the manga profile, and there's still tiers present from the other profile unchanged, why should there be a second profile. And it's not stupid, it makes perfect sense as to why it's limited. If it were more free then there'd be multiple duplicate pages with little changes between them.

Explain? I just don't see enough evidence for a directly solid MFTL rating, at least in the anime's case, especially when again, an entire part and it's main cast upscale off him and only him from this specific encounter with Polnareff.
KC reacted to Silver Chariot's attacks at close range, and is considered peak in terms of speed

being thorough is very cool, but your monologues over this sometimes are a bit too big to digest.

Not big or extravagant, there just needs to be enough to qualify. And see, that's why it likely isn't enough to qualify for an alternative page. If you can simply copy and paste information from the manga profile, and there's still tiers present from the other profile unchanged, why should there be a second profile.
i didn't say every tier, just some... Speed mainly for now, but if something changes between now and the date of my CRT in terms of another tier. Then that can be changed as well. I'm side-eying stamina and durability though.
And it's not stupid, it makes perfect sense as to why it's limited. If it were more free then there'd be multiple duplicate pages with little changes between them.
But this isn't a little change though. Erasing time is King Crimson's default and main ability, full-stop. If it didn't get accurately translated over a medium many Jojo fans came from, being the anime, then powerscalers on this site simply have inaccurate information when talking about King Crimson. The speed showings between the anime and the manga LITERALLY scale everybody in the part to MFTL for crying outloud. I've already proven that King Crimson can't be erasing time like his manga counterpart, he doesn't have enough evidence to keep him at his current speed tier, in terms of the anime at least, and his durability might be called into question with GER thrown into the mix. We can cross that bridge when we get to it though.

KC reacted to Silver Chariot's attacks at close range, and is considered peak in terms of speed
Copy and paste.

Chariot said, and I quote.

And King Crimson is solidly MFTL, being tagged by a MFTL chariot, due to said character having a decade to figure out a potential counter, failing, and then admitting he'd never land an attack on him ever again, doesn't change the fact he reacted to a 90s Chariot attack, mutilated him, and is explicitly noted to have First-Class speed (as in, he's up there with the fastest stands to ever exist).

I responded with this large block of text, read it...or don't I guess?

- I know what first class means, but are we sure that's enough to simply give him a solid MFTL rating? FTL is top-class in my opinion for a stand, especially when only a HANDFUL of stands have a MFTL rating. You said yourself in a previous CRT thread you had multiple examples of even fodder characters having relativistic to sub-rel feats, I'd grab the link to it if I could find it... Anyway, why can't FTL, which is far above most stands in this series by a reasonable accord, be seen as "first-class"?
In the anime at least, he activated his ability BEFORE Silver Chariot swung it's sword, he didn't react mid-slash like in the manga. He only got the chance to gouge out Polnareff's eye because of the inherent confusion erasing time completely, in the manga not the anime of course, brings for people who experience it for the first time. Also, you directly assume Silver Chariot was automatically being used, when the situation seems to lean more towards a manually controlled Silver Chariot. Chariot is blind after all, you brought said fact to the attention of the wiki. I only came to the conclusion that Polnareff was being used manually to directly swing at and attack Diavolo because of the specific distance Chariot had to cross, then swinging without any commands from Polnareff. Anyway, with my rudimentary eyeballing calcs, I found that both Silver Chariot's movement towards Diavolo and the sword swing, even if it's not applicable here, to be around subsonic in the anime's case at least.

Eyeballing it with the ever-trusty framebyframe website, it appears that Diavolo and Polnareff are about...5 Polnareff's away from each other. Throwing that into a calc I somehow deleted so I can't copy it here, and counting off the second it took for Silver Chariot to move infront of Diavolo. That's around ~subsonic speeds for Silver Chariot in this instance, but that's just off eyeballing, so again, take that as you will. Looking at the sword swing, it's about a meter or so that Silver Chariot swung his sword in 0.01 seconds or 10 milliseconds. That's again... around subsonic speeds. Now, that's not impressive at all, nor is basically gouging out Polnareff's eye due to the fact we know King Crimson's ability commonly leaves people who experience it for the first time disoriented and confused by it's own nature. Attacking Polnareff again to mortally wound him before Silver Chariot can retaliate is a little impressive, but finishing somebody off after they're already badly wounded kinda downplays this a little.

Give or take a few Polnareff's, this feat, even if professionally calced, should still result in a subsonic feat overall. I'm not a professional calcer by any defintion, but I did do the math for whatever that's worth. I even talked about the lead-up to the final confrontation, of which I feel can give more reasoning to a FTL rating given the fact that the anime's feat wasn't looking too good for King Crimson...

1. This was a long and drawn out battle, no doubt about that. Polnareff and Diavolo both got to the cliff, more a feat on Polnareff's part for evading King Crimson until then due to said "first-class speed", but more on that later.

2. When Diavolo appears, he 100 percent intends to kill you in person. There's no real debate on this, if Diavolo shows up in person, he fully intends on ending your life himself ASAP. Not a point really, just a little fact he even states himself directly.

3. Diavolo nor King Crimson have taken a lick of damage from this "fight", so THIS MUST MEAN that King Crimson successfully evaded Silver Chariot's blade while wounding Polnareff directly. Of course Polnareff was fighting for his life, and didn't just let Diavolo outright harm him without trying to attack back. This feat is all the more impressive when you consider point 4.

4. DIAVOLO DID NOT ERASE TIME ONCE before actually erasing time to get behind Polnareff to finish their fight. This is proven when Polnareff quickly understands that Diavolo's skipping time, good job Polnareff! Didn't save you from getting crippled, but still... In any case, Polnareff never notes that he skipped time again or he dissappeared AGAIN. Before somebody brings up Epitaph more than likely predicted Silver Chariot's defensive swings while they fought. Epitaph, when used in a direct fashion without time erase accompanying it, is USELESS unless you have the necessary reaction speeds and movement speeds to avoid attacks. If an attack occurs before Diavolo can even perceive it, or before Diavolo can understand the vision Epitaph provides and act accordingly, he's basically shit out of luck.

5. Diavolo, although showing no real reaction at all to his arm being sliced, WASN'T able to come out of the darkness to attack Polnareff before Silver Chariot made it's own move. I'd say Silver Chariot was definitely automatically controlled in this moment due to the specific simplicity of the action, and the speed at which it was performed as well as Polnareff's own command in the form of NOW. This would be MFTL for reference. While luck WAS definitely a strong factor here, even by Polnareff's own admission, requring he spot Diavolo within an extremely, extremely short time frame before he could use King Crimson to attack. It was SILVER CHARIOT'S OWN SPEED that allowed for this strategy to work out as they did...

Here's Polnareff's strategy laid out, and what it calls on from the person using the strategy to have specifically.

Luck: You need luck to spot Diavolo first thing before he can make a move. You turn around and see nothing, meaning he's hiding somewhere else out of your field of view, your about to get a crimson fist through your chest...

SPEED: You NEED to have the reaction times and movement speed to actively make good on your quick observation, if you don't, it won't matter if you spot him swiftly enough by luck's grace. IF YOU CAN'T USE YOUR STAND TO HARM HIM BEFORE HE CAN USE KING CRIMSON TO HARM YOU, then your ******...

Ex. When Giorno used the blood drop method to try and figure out who's body Diavolo was in. HE COULD BARELY REACT TO DIAVOLO SLICING OFF HIS ARMS. Maybe if he didn't have to turn his whole body around, it would've helped, but still...

Oh, and...

"King Crimson is solidly MFTL, being tagged by a MFTL chariot, due to said character having a decade to figure out a potential counter, failing, and then admitting he'd never land an attack on him ever again."

Polnareff didn't fail, far from it. While he didn't kill Diavolo, the strategy he came up with, BASED OFF ONE SINGLE FIGHT WITH DIAVOLO, was rock soild. If Diavolo was closer, his arm surely would've been fatally injured and cut open like a busted hot dog. Diavolo's no vampire, he just can't heal his injuries, so that arm would've definitely become unusable from that point forward had he been just the tiniest bit closer. Also, due to the basic nature of Time Erase with the combination of Epitaph, his strategy with Diavolo WILL ALWAYS have luck to it. NOWHERE DID HE MENTION HIS OWN SPEED BEING AT FAULT, JUST LUCK AND ONLY LUCK BASED AROUND HIM SPOTTING DIAVOLO IN TIME TO ATTACK FIRST. Also, where did Polnareff mention he'd never land an attack on Diavolo again? He only talked about dodging/avoiding a very-much life-ending strike from King Crimson, of which would've happened earlier that it did in actual canon had Silver Chariot's own AUTOMATIC speed saved Polnareff's ass and slashed Diavolo's arm before he could even summon King Crimson to erase time again to avoid his attack. Speaking of...don't you find it weird that Silver Chariot, in this automatic usage case, got Diavolo before he could skip time again? It's almost as if Silver Chariot, when automatically used with proven MFTL speeds, clearly outclasssd Diavolo's own reaction speeds because he wasn't shown to be able to summon King Crimson or skip time again successfully, nor was he able to move from the spot he stationed himself in within time erase. Makes you think, doesn't it?

So, to recap while looking at his current speed profile

*At least Massively FTL with King Crimson (Boasts first-class speed.
-First-class speed doesn't have to be MFTL, just has to be above a majority of stands really as I've already said. Even if you still say this completely implies MFTL, there's just not enough evidence here, on the anime's side at least, to justify a soild rating. That's why I personally think a (At least FTL, possibly higher) is fair for anime King Crimson's profile.
Though speed is rarely an issue for it due to erasing time, it could react to Silver Chariot while it was mid-attack, erase time, and quickly gouge out Silver Chariot's eye and continue attacking Polnareff before he could defend himself.
-Already went over this above, but this would really only apply to the manga's case. Already talked about the anime above heavily, so I won't explain again here.
Polnareff stated that he only barely dodged King Crimson once and that whether or not Giorno could defend against it is a matter of luck, with Giorno Giovanna barely having enough time to react and failed to defend himself against King Crimson's blow.
-Yes, luck..not speed.
Moved Spice Girl fast enough to dodge a strike from Sticky Fingers)*

If the only difference between an anime and manga Diavolo profile is like a hax or two, then what is the point of making one to begin with?
Hax's or two...
You say that as if, again as I can't stress this fact enough, erasing time isn't his MAIN ability... I feel as if your trying to downplay this whole thing. It's not just that either, their's the speed tiering modification as well which I feel I've provided enough evidence for. I'm even planning to take a second look at durability, stamina, and such now that I think about it.

- I know what first class means, but are we sure that's enough to simply give him a solid MFTL rating? FTL is top-class in my opinion for a stand, especially when only a HANDFUL of stands have a MFTL rating. You said yourself in a previous CRT thread you had multiple examples of even fodder characters having relativistic to sub-rel feats, I'd grab the link to it if I could find it... Anyway, why can't FTL, which is far above most stands in this series by a reasonable accord, be seen as "first-class"?
Iirc the same guidebook uses the "first class speed" for Star Platinum as well
In the anime at least, he activated his ability BEFORE Silver Chariot swung it's sword, he didn't react mid-slash like in the manga
Both scenes are pretty much the same. The thing is that the anime just makes it more explicit. And actually, that would just be a good feat for KC to make him MFTL. He was able to activate TE while SC was about to slice him in half and before he could properly strike
Hax's or two...
You say that as if, again as I can't stress this fact enough, erasing time isn't his MAIN ability... I feel as if your trying to downplay this whole thing. It's not just that either, their's the speed tiering modification as well which I feel I've provided enough evidence for. I'm even planning to take a second look at durability, stamina, and such now that I think about it.
Ok so what kind of hax would anime Diavolo have then?

Hax's or two...
Or maybe you're just over thinking it?

Iirc the same guidebook uses the "first class speed" for Star Platinum as well
For part 4, right... The same part with at max relativistic stands and an SOL stand in the form of RHCP? Star Platinum doesn't have a MFTL+ feat in Part 4 at all, he's only stated to be above relativistic stands after all. Why he kept a possibly MFTL rating in this wiki is beyond me, but I digress. I suppose it's because we don't know how much slower he got from Part 3, but whatever... If that wasn't what you were talking about, correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Both scenes are pretty much the same. The thing is that the anime just makes it more explicit. And actually, that would just be a good feat for KC to make him MFTL. He was able to activate TE while SC was about to slice him in half and before he could properly strike
That first encounter was a manual usage, falling back on Polnareff's own speed due to the complexity of the action performed... Silver Chariot was sent out infront of Polnareff, only striking when it was RIGHT infront of Diavolo. Silver Chariot, being blind, doesn't have depth perception...or any kind of perception for that matter, meaning it can't tell how far or close an object is away. Moving a non-set distance away from Polnareff, to then strike only when it's right infront of Diavolo, makes this a manual usage. This is in stark contrast to an actual automatic usage in the form of Polnareff's second encounter. This is known because of the simple circular slash SC made to protect Polnareff, and his specific call-out of NOW, telling a still-blind Chariot to slash right then and there. When Chariot is being used automatically like this, and doesn't have to fall back on Polnareff's own perceptions. We know he's MFTL due to the light-cutting feat performed in this state, and guess what Diavolo couldn't react to when trying to attack Polnareff in their second meeting? Also, I did a rudimentary calc with my eyeballs, and...Silver Chariot's movements and sword swing only really calc out to be about subsonic...so... I did the math, but again, I'm no calc team member so...
Ok so what kind of hax would anime Diavolo have then?
That's information I'll likely save for my upcoming third CRT.

Or maybe you're just over thinking it?
Again, copy and paste...

I'm mentioning a change that would COMPLETELY overhaul Time Erasure as a concept, in terms of a separate anime page at least. That means no more just saying plain Time Erasure on a potential anime profile, as this comes from the fact that King Crimson's time erasure is stated on his profile to remove space... Well, is that still there in the anime? No, not at all as I've said... Diavolo walks across the ground in Time Erase multiple times, people who aren't Diavolo walk across the ground in Time Erase however unaware, and Diavolo even goes behind a goddamm piller in the anime to first show off his whole body. Cool usage of your ability, but if space were truly gone like it describes in the manga. This shit shouldn't even be possible due to a piller not even physically being present in Time Erase by it's own definition, and it isn't, because the manga correctly shows Diavolo not time skipping behind the piller. He just walks behind it to transform. Much simpler, and it doesn't actually end up flying in the fact of King Crimson erasing space with his time erasure ability. Even causality manip isn't safe due to my first and main point of people still freely walking, although unaware, around in time erase to complete their actions. There's no requirement for fated predictions to fill in what isn't temporarily there like in the manga. What does this all mean? King Crimson in the anime LOGICALLY CAN'T BE ERASING TIME EXACTLY LIKE HE IS SHOWN TO BE IN THE MANGA. This means everything about his ability, including the two "abilities" Diavolo gets from it which are Time Erasure and Causality Manip need to be completely thrown out for an anime profile, and by extension, his description that lay under said abilities as well.

Side note, I DO still believe he's erasing time in the anime, just not like how the manga presents it. My own explanation for what actually might be happening would've been the focal point of my first CRT

Basically:
Time Erasure and Causality Manipulation (King Crimson can erase up to ten seconds of time, removing space in the process. With this it allows him to erase all the process of the actions done in the erased time, leaving only its results)
This needs to go for an anime profile, as well as that giant blurb about how Time Erase functions near the bottom of Diavolo's page obviously. Pictures need to be changed and separated for the anime and manga profiles of course, and that Epitaph description is...just bugging me. Abilities DON'T just change at the end of a part, why would Epitaph suddenly show what happens after Time Erase when it's been constantly shown and described to show what happens 10 seconds into the future...but I digress...

You've only said two abilities and refuse to divulge the rest you're planning to try and propose, you're keeping this mysterious
Here's a list of everything that needs to be altered from the manga to the anime's profile. By the by, I'm only holding off on my actual CRT information that explains what I think could work as a explanation for King Crimson's ability in the anime. I think I've actually been pretty open about my other, major findings, besides that so far, but I digress yet again...

* Time Erasure- Wipe everything about it off the anime's profile that mentions it, and I do mean everything... Descriptions, ability's gained from said time erasure, and pictures and videos should be rearranged and sorted. Already, this is like, 30 to 40% of the page. CRT for what replaces said descriptions for the anime profile, and every ability that naturally comes with it will be made by me and hopefully accepted, fingers crossed...

* Speed- Change speed rating completely for the anime, need to take a second look at the manga's speed rating as well. (At least FTL, possibly higher.) Justications naturally follow under said rating as well with the CRT currently in planning.

* Durability- Remove the "likely", and just have it state Building level+ durability outright. Diavolo survived 3 full attack rushes from GER himself before he was thrown out of RTZ, and that's extremely impressive given GER's AP is specifically stated to surpass all other stand pre-Part 5. That would include Star Platinum and The World of course.

* AP- Follows Durability, and again, unlike speed. There's far from variation in AP in Jojo's, and given his "first-class" statement. I think the likely should also be removed from AP, just stating Building level+.

Epitaph- Reword some things and drop off that whole end part of the explanation.

What do they mean by, "By the end of Part V, during a Time Erasure, Epitaph directly shows what will happen after it, in that location being King Crimson successfully perforating his opponent with his arm, after events that reverted him back to before his Time Erasure, his forecasts still showed him what was meant to happen after his Time Erasure. Additionally, albeit non-canon, the extended version in the second opening of the anime portrays Diavolo as being able to use Epitaph within Time Erasure too."

?

As stated above however briefly, stand ability's don't suddenly change in usage like that. Epitaph only has predicted what happens 10 seconds into the future, why it suddenly changed is beyond me. Plus, what do they mean it's non-canon for Diavolo to use Epitaph in Time Erase. He literally did it before time erase was "over". This whole paragraph is extremely redundant, and either needs to be heavily refrased or completely deleted.

Besides the major things, I think rephrasing a couple things around the page could help a little.

Last edited:
Also, a couple additions I could see being added to Manga King Crimson's profile.

Indirect Spacial manip- When erasing time, also affects space by extension.

Type of levitation within Time Erase- Maybe, doesn't seem to walk at all during Time Erase due to...y-know, Time itself being erased.

Back