• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Stuff (Mostly Phantom Blood)

They are legitimate. The disappearing act is eh, but countering a punch head-on from Dio means you have to be fast enough to react to his punch in the first place. In the debris example, he has enough time to think to himself, "should I duck, or go up above it?" while also playing out the potential outcomes in his head. Definitely hypersonic reactions.

I don't think that punch has any effort put into it. I don't think Dio is trying. I don't think he's throwing the punch at Hypersonic speeds because he's clearly way above the two of them, and if he tried, he could easily kill them both.

Well there's definitely ill intent and malice, look at his terrifying expression. I say it's possibly hypersonic alone, but what about the debris feat? Playing out multiple outcomes in your head while discussing the merits of going above or below an attack? You could say hyperbole, but the fact that it's discussed over an entire page leads me to believe Zeppeli is just really fast.

I mean, he's definitely really fast, but is that Hypersonic?

You have him disappearing and reappearing faster than Jonathan can react, him countering a semi-casual Dio with his own punch and now he's playing out scenarios as debris from an explosion is about to hit him.

It seems like the trifecta of hypersonic evidence, all three lead me to believe yes, hypersonic.

Jonathan isn't Hypersonic either, though, based on my reasoning. Dio is clearly toying with them; if he wanted to kill them he would've done so there.

I doubt it, Dio wasn't toying with them he was being cautious. He was literally defeated by a human Jonathan a few months ago, now he's back with his martial arts master and declaring that Dio is going to die.

If he charged them head on he would have definitely lost against two hamon masters (keep in mind he doesn't know what hamon is until after Zeppeli punches him), by taunting them into showing their secret abilities he was able to eliminate their advantage of surprise.

You can see his face, clearly he's not toying with him.

He wasn't taking Jonathan seriously until he got reduced to a head, and in fact talks about how he had never been taking Jonathan seriously up to that point and consistently underestimated and toyed with him rather than kill him when he could.

Back