• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure speed revisions(Part 1 and 2)

Part 1 Dio is Massively FTL now, so Santana should be, too. The other Pillar men can upscale off of him as a justification.

Dire should be superior to Zeppeli, since he could take Dio by surprise and push his arms back, with Dio being more than 5 times as strong as, and many times faster than, Zeppeli before, stomping Zeppeli casually, and getting stronger over the course of the part.

Bruford being supersonic is outdated, and he clearly outsped Jonathan here.

Last edited:

Part 1 Dio is Massively FTL now, so Santana should be, too. The other Pillar men can upscale off of him as a justification.

Dire should be superior to Zeppeli, since he could take Dio by surprise and push his arms back, with Dio being more than 5 times as strong as, and many times faster than, Zeppeli before, stomping Zeppeli casually, and getting stronger over the course of the part.

Bruford being supersonic is outdated, and he clearly outsped Jonathan here.
At the moment, Santana scales to Early Jospeph at At least High Hypersonic, possibly higher. Are you suggesting that the higher in this chain be replaced with MFTL?

Dire and Bruford seem okay.

At the moment, Santana scales to Early Jospeph at At least High Hypersonic, possibly higher. Are you suggesting that the higher in this chain be replaced with MFTL?
He's explicitly stated to be superior to vampires such as Part 1 Dio, I assume he isn't slower. He was also pretty casually keeping up with Joseph, like Dio was with Zeppeli and Jonathan

He's explicitly stated to be superior to vampires such as Part 1 Dio, I assume he isn't slower. He was also pretty casually keeping up with Joseph, like Dio was with Zeppeli and Jonathan
The food chain thing isn't meant to be taken as scaling btw, by that same logic Joseph would be inferior to Straizo, it's just listing off known examples and speaking in general terms, like obviously yeah Santana eats vampires like Dio, and vampires like Dio eat humans like Joseph, but that doesn't mean Joseph is weaker than every vampire despite being used as an example of a human that is eaten by vampires like Straizo. There are other ways to go about scaling, but the food chain thing def ain't it nor is it even meant to be taken as such. also joseph at this point is weaker than Dio or Deep Pass Jonathan so using him as an example of why he should scale isn't the best.

The food chain thing isn't meant to be taken as scaling btw, by that same logic Joseph would be inferior to Straizo,
Nuh uh

The sun is in that chain. That's meant to represent Hamon as well. Physically, without Hamon, Joseph is inferior to Straizo.
it's just listing off known examples and speaking in general terms, like obviously yeah Santana eats vampires like Dio, and vampires like Dio eat humans like Joseph, but that doesn't mean Joseph is weaker than every vampire despite being used as an example of a human that is eaten by vampires like Straizo. There are other ways to go about scaling, but the food chain thing def ain't it nor is it even meant to be taken as such.
Make a CRT to take it off the profiles then.
also joseph at this point is weaker than Dio or Deep Pass Jonathan so using him as an example of why he should scale isn't the best.
I was just using that as a bonus, since he was very clearly clowning on him and the group of soldiers.

The sun is in that chain. That's meant to represent Hamon as well. Physically, without Hamon, Joseph is inferior to Straizo.
The sun isnt Hamon. And Joseph uses Hamon, it's apart of him, he isnt weaker than him with Hamon, and we see later on when he's actually nearly out of Hamon he can fend off vampires still.

The food scaling is asinine, it's speaking in general terms, and if you take it seriously, you have to treat Joseph as inferior too. The chain doesnt even say any is quicker than the other as it is, it just shows who eats who, because well, that is true? (And not even in a literal sense, obviously Straizo didnt eat Joseph, it's just using them as examples of the species).

And besides, Dio also has amps, very explicitly actually, saying Hamon doesnt count, you may as well say blood amping doesnt count given theyre two sides of the same coin. And at that point, bloodless or fresh Dio is like 9-A+ and subsonic+.

Make a CRT to take it off the profiles then.
I am? Have been for awhile, overhauling all of Part 1 and 2 and making a Hamon page as well. There's perfectly acceptable and straightforward statements that put dudes above Dio, that, this not one of them tho.

I was just using that as a bonus, since he was very clearly clowning on him and the group of soldiers.
I mean that's a bit of an issue too, if Joseph can keep up with Santana, despite not being on par with Deep Pass Jonathan (he's above Post Training Jonathan, but he's below Deep Pass. At least in function anyway, he has just as much power as Caesar but cant use it properly), who is equal to Dio, dont you think that might be an issue?

And that isn't actually true, Joseph reacts to him quite a few times, he wouldnt be magnitudes below him. The soldiers yeah, but theyre actual fodder.

I am? Have been for awhile, overhauling all of Part 1 and 2 and making a Hamon page as well. There's perfectly acceptable and straightforward statements that put dudes above Dio, that, this not one of them tho.
jotaro rework first then those fodders ngl

Dio is hardly a typical vampire, since he alone was able to use abilities like his liquid jet eyes and freeze touch. Meanwhile Straizo had standard abilities, the vampire they fed to Santana was standard aas well, and Wired Beck just had sharp body hair. Dio's experimenting with his vampire abilities is sort of a parallel to how Hamon users push their human body to its limits.

The sun isnt Hamon. And Joseph uses Hamon, it's apart of him, he isnt weaker than him with Hamon, and we see later on when he's actually nearly out of Hamon he can fend off vampires still.
Hamon is the Sun's energy, and fending off doesn't mean the same thing as beating. And note that you said NEARLY.
The food scaling is asinine, it's speaking in general terms, and if you take it seriously, you have to treat Joseph as inferior too. The chain doesnt even say any is quicker than the other as it is, it just shows who eats who, because well, that is true? (And not even in a literal sense, obviously Straizo didnt eat Joseph, it's just using them as examples of the species).
We currently use it though, so as long as we do, it should also apply to speed.
And besides, Dio also has amps, very explicitly actually, saying Hamon doesnt count, you may as well say blood amping doesnt count given theyre two sides of the same coin. And at that point, bloodless or fresh Dio is like 9-A+ and subsonic+.
Jonathan is 0.4 tons as a corpse. Speedwagon is Hypersonic. Dio doesnt scale below those.
Ok. Sure. I'd love a Hamon page.
I mean that's a bit of an issue too, if Joseph can keep up with Santana, despite not being on par with Deep Pass Jonathan (he's above Post Training Jonathan, but he's below Deep Pass. At least in function anyway, he has just as much power as Caesar but cant use it properly), who is equal to Dio, dont you think that might be an issue?
He couldn't really keep up tbh, and Santana had literally just woken up. Besides, you had the likes of Dire managing to react to Dio iirc, and I feel like they probably scale way below him.
And that isn't actually true, Joseph reacts to him quite a few times, he wouldnt be magnitudes below him. The soldiers yeah, but theyre actual fodder.
Yeah, him reacting is a bit odd, but was Santana really serious?

Yes, Santana is clearly faster than Dio because he would clearly be able to eat him and pose a threat to him.

Humans are lower on the food chain than Vampires, however Ripple Users are the exception to the rule due to the Ripple technique.

Pillars are a mask + an improved appearance of people. And Vampires are a mask + ordinary people.

Just like Vampires are stronger and faster than any Zombie (Like Tarkus), Pillars should be faster and stronger than any Vampire.

Hamon Users are an exception because they have a technique that, in comparison with a stone mask, is like “two sides of the same coin.” Pillarmen and Vampires do not have exception techniques, so they simply do not have such exceptions where a higher being is weaker.

Hamon is the Sun's energy, and fending off doesn't mean the same thing as beating. And note that you said NEARLY.
Hamon actually very explicitly ISNT the sun's energy what? It mimics the sun's wavelengths, yes, by they don't mean it is LITERALLY sun energy,it doesn't come from the sun, it's life energy, Will explains this very clearly at the pond 1 week into training Jonathan.

IF Joseph when so far out of Hamon it doesn't do anything can still knock away vampires, idk man, seems like Jseph might just be strong even relative to a vampire.

And this doesn't matter, Joseph isn't weaker than vampires (and let's not even mention Lisa Lisa), he might have amps, but that's still a part of him, no different than a vampire drinking blood to empower themselves because it is actually the exact same thing, the vampire just takes the life force of others to amp while a hamon dude uses their own, and the "sun is hamon" doesn't even cut it, the scan is talking about the ACTUAL sun anyway, it isnt going "btw hamon dont count".
We currently use it though, so as long as we do, it should also apply to speed.
"it's wrong but because the profiles say it ill use it anyway", or, maybe, you can just not use extremely faulty scaling and instead aim for something more solid?
Jonathan is 0.4 tons as a corpse. Speedwagon is Hypersonic. Dio doesnt scale below those.
Yes he does? His best feats lower, and he has no reason to scale to anything above that without delving into crack scaling (and why the hell is Speedwagon hypersonic anyway?). I mean, Will himself is struggling to be hypersonic (had trouble dodging explosion speed debris), and he BLITZED and nothin personnel'd Jonathan when they met, and Jonathan = Human Dio. They're evidently far below a dude who is capping at hypersonic by his own admission.

Jonathan is 0.4 tons as a corpse, after numerous power booss and weeks of training, Human Jonathan before meeting Will, is only 9-B.
He couldn't really keep up tbh,
Except the multiple times he dodged attacks and even cross-countered him? If Santana was as fast as you're implying, he would be like a million times quicker than Joseph, given Joseph ~> Week 2 Jonathan < Tarkus (blitz) < Dio.
and Santana had literally just woken up.
Literally doesnt matter, we see with Kars, Wham and so on waking up doesn't somehow nerf them a bunch, especially not Santana who Stroheim made sure to feed. And he actually hadn't, he was up for a while before Joseph showed up.
Besides, you had the likes of Dire managing to react to Dio iirc, and I feel like they probably scale way below him.
No? Straizo literally never engaged Dio at all? Only Dire did, and he exploded, and Jonathan, who was equal to him.

Also why contradict your own point, that would just mean it's an outlier, but, no Joseph fighting Santana isn't one, it's established that dude is ASS compared to the actual Pillar Men. And then when Joseph fights an actual Pillar Man, he gets hard blitzed like thrice, all while Wham is ******* around.
Yeah, him reacting is a bit odd, but was Santana really serious?
He was actively trying to kill Joseph, especially at the end, and Joseph and him cross-countered, Joseph was way weaker so his arm nearly got blown off, but he DID react to him.

As it stands, we don't actually really HAVE a good reason to scale Santana above Dio in speed beyond "well i think he should" (and tbh that is why he has that "likely higher") we know he's stronger at least, but strength isn't speed, and Dio himself is NOT a normal vampire, ignoring he is innately just kinda built diff, the more life energy a vampire consumes, the more powerful they become, this includes speed. Dio in Part 1 alone was explicitly noted to have drank so much blood bro got roided out. It's comparing the best vampire vs the worst pillar man, it isn't a simple A>B>C thing. Especially given Santana's dog showing against Joseph who tbh would probably get his ass handed to him by Deep Pass (honestly just compare their water walking, Joseph's is far less pronounced and skilled).

"it's wrong but because the profiles say it ill use it anyway", or, maybe, you can just not use extremely faulty scaling and instead aim for something more solid?
If you want it taken off the profiles, have it taken off the profiles. I wouldn't disagree with it. But for as long as it's there, we ball.

If you want it taken off the profiles, have it taken off the profiles. I wouldn't disagree with it. But for as long as it's there, we ball.
What part of LITERALLY doing that did you miss? Maybe you like to half-ass CRT's but I like mine to actually be solid.

And it isn't even a matter of disagreeing or agreeing with it, show me, exactly, where on the scan it mentions power, let alone speed. And show me, exactly, where on the scan it goes "oh btw hamon doesnt count lmao, oh but the vampire equivalent DOES count". If you cannot do that, the scan is dogshit and useless as all you're doing is extrapolating.

You're extrapolating the shit out of the scan, making up rules as to what it is or isn't talking about, all to give Santana a funny number that has a bunch of scaling issues and doesn't even make sense if you actually stop to think about it for longer than five seconds.

It sounds like the profiles are a bit of a mess now and in the process of being fixed, so I'm not sure that upgrading all of these character to MFTL is the best course of action.

Put me down as disagree with this for now.

I mean, it would be crazy weird if Dio (Vampire), who according to Santana's (Pillarman) profiles scales higher in physical strength, was faster than Santana in the worst case by millions of times (This is not even a hyperbole, but a real figure, there is literally According to the profiles, the gap is millions of times).

This would mean that Santana would never defeat Dio in a fight in his life. The difference between them is almost like between an athletic person and the speed of light.

The Pillarmen were always envisioned by Araki as a threat on a higher scale than Dio, even a child like Santana. Narratively, he cannot be, if not faster, then at least not equal to Dio.

See, that's the thing, that's just "i feel like he should be higher", not actual hard evidence.

The facts are, bro got matched by Joseph, a Joseph who is below Deep Pass Jonathan, who is equal to Dio. A Joseph who is closer to Week 2 Jonathan, than he is Deep pass, a week 2 Jonathan who gets blitzed by dudes who are far below Dio in speed. See the issue? Santana is matched by a dude who is blitzed twice over by the dude who is being argued he's quicker than.

What Araki envisioned doesnt actually matter if the manga shows the exact opposite and he shoots himself in the foot by corroborating that with other info. Now the other Pillar Man? Goddamn yeah, they blitz Joseph pre-training, he's nothing to them, just look at Wham slicing Joseph's wrist without him even realizing, but Santana is explicitly the worst of the worst, while Dio is the best of the best. And Santana's showings contradict him scaling to Dio in speed. It's like, yeah the average gorilla would mog even the strongest human, but the strongest human vs the weakest gorilla, isn't so straightforward.

And Pillar Man and vampires dont quite work the same, Dio as the benefit of amping all his stats whenever he drinks blood, Santana is MAGNITUDES above Dio's default state if you wanna take that, but Dio kinda spent half of part 1 amping himself, and all of Part 3 trying to do so again. Like I don't think anyone here would argue Santana scales above HIGH DIO right? Of course not, that DIO is roided the **** out, by drinking Joseph's blood he became stronger than he ever had, the strongest vampire to ever exist, an actual canon outlier, so why is it ok for HIGH DIO to be exempt, but not Part 1 Dio who was doing the same thing but on a lower scale?

Now personally, I do think there could be some evidence to scale Santana way higher, but the food chart ain't it.

It sounds like the profiles are a bit of a mess now and in the process of being fixed, so I'm not sure that upgrading all of these character to MFTL is the best course of action.

Put me down as disagree with this for now.
Only one character is being proposed as MFTL. If we want him to scale below that, I propose we remove the AP Dio scaling from the profiles of the Pillar Men. Although, to be fair, I think only Esidisi relies in that scaling, besides the obvious one. I'll maybe make a CRT to remove that after this one is over.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the other proposals?

Only one character is being proposed as MFTL. If we want him to scale below that, I propose we remove the AP Dio scaling from the profiles of the Pillar Men. Although, to be fair, I think only Esidisi relies in that scaling, besides the obvious one. I'll maybe make a CRT to remove that after this one is over.
Except, that isn't what would happen, Joseph scales, anyone who scales to Joseph scales, this makes a problematic circular scaling that 180s back into dudes that Dio straight up blitzes, scaling to him.
Let's not pretend that Joseph reacting to Santana no less than 19 times, INCLUDING a surprise attack, and even hurting him 5 times isn't scaling to him, it is never even implied Santana has a speed advantage, best he has is he dodged a kick via his physiology being fucky. They're portrayed as comparable and demonstrated as such.

Unlike say, Wham who is pretty well and beyond Joseph at this point.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the other proposals?
Also no, the big 3 actually have explicit statements saying they eclipse Dio, not to mention actual scaling between each other via all fighting Post-Training Joseph, hell Wham himself even wounds Kars with a kick and slices his shoulder.

You're being far too impatient here.

Except, that isn't what would happen, Joseph scales, anyone who scales to Joseph scales, this makes a problematic circular scaling that 180s back into dudes that Dio straight up blitzes, scaling to him.
Let's not pretend that Joseph reacting to Santana no less than 19 times, INCLUDING a surprise attack, and even hurting him 5 times isn't scaling to him, it is never even implied Santana has a speed advantage, best he has is he dodged a kick via his physiology being fucky. They're portrayed as comparable and demonstrated as such.

Unlike say, Wham who is pretty well and beyond Joseph at this point.
I was just saying I'd make a CRT to remove the food chain after this one is over. Esidisi has "superior to all vampires" as his main scaling, rather than "comparable to X"

Back