• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Stands Tier List!

how about next time you let me do it
OIP.7wBnCzM5VKDZvVA-utopfwHaFj

Well, for Iggy, solid high B? Probably A?

Logia intangibility is good, immune to conventional damage, and if he is damaged, it doesn't actually reflect back to Iggy, as seen when pet Shop blows him up or when Cream sent his ass to the Shadow Realm, so atop of logia, even if you can hurt him it doesn't matter, and he just regenerates, and given his physiology, it's damn potent regen.
He also has shapeshifting, he can turn into his usual state, a wave of sand, defensive structures like domes (plus he can body block), into attack forms with claws and the like, or even uh, shapeshift into someone and something else like Dio or Iggy himself to act as decoy or as stealth (ok why the **** is Oingo even a thing), to further that it can even shapeshift things like air tubes for underwater or wings to glide.
A heft downside is speed though, he's been shown to be blitz by the fast lads (Cream in particular hard blitzed him. No he didn't outspeed Chariot, Araki just sucks, Chariot blitzed him initially and bisected him, it just reformed) and it's explicitly pointed out The Fool can't compete with fast Stands and it's listed as an actual weakness. Though it might still be quite fast, we don't know his cap, he just doesn't have any actual solid scaling, he's in Purple Haze hell.
AP wise it isn't the best but it's definitely sufficient atop his other abilities.
The range is about average.

Being versatile, having the benefit of regen, logia and no damage reflect, decent offensive, all make it good, lowish speed as a caveat though while bad, doesn't offset all the good it has. Solid B+, but likely A given The Fool is played off as actually hard to beat even in the scope of Part 3 (Though, he was beaten offscreen by Abdul so there's that, and Iggy thinks it's about as good as Plat, which means it ain't even close given Iggy is up his own ass). The Fool definitely feels like it can **** with some of the other A stands though, it's just ok AP and sus speed, versatility and defense might be enough to quantify for A be default tho.

theoretically with the fool you could shove some sand into people's ears and scramble their brains, basically his version of the legendary Jotaro combat applicable heart stop
but yeah I agree with the assessment above, although I would like to note a bit of confusion in certain scenes where previously real things are substituted for sand clones, mainly when iggy escapes Jotaro's grasp and when Polnareff and Iggy stick their heads out while a fake dio is being used

There's also him manipulating existing material to have him and Pol melt into and hide within a staircase, however the **** that worked.

Fool is B for me, unimpressive stats, neat ability but I feel like it's not enough to push it into A

There's also him manipulating existing material to have him and Pol melt into and hide within a staircase, however the **** that worked.

yeah that side ability is potentially pretty OP for protecting the user my turning them into partially sand, or even turning enemies into sand which is probably helpful
I'd like to believe that's some potentially even S tier use
I just wish Araki did his speed and AP scaling some justice, tho he does have 8-C durability.

yeah that side ability is potentially pretty OP for protecting the user my turning them into partially sand, or even turning enemies into sand which is probably helpful
I'd like to believe that's some potentially even S tier use
That's 100% not what's happening. Iggy and Pol aren't becoming sand, and it definitely ain't something he can use on a enemy. He's probably just phasing into the structure itself.

That's 100% not what's happening. Iggy and Pol aren't becoming sand, and it definitely ain't something he can use on a enemy. He's probably just phasing into the structure itself.
which is why I'm confused on how pol and iggy, two things that are definitely not stands, are phasing through it too. It doesn't even seem as though there's a hole or damage in the stairs either, and the anime even depicts them as quite literally popping out of the stand. On top of that it was also definitely the real polnareff and iggy since immediately after, the same iggy gets
kicked
What's your opinion on what exactly is happening?

A heft downside is speed though, he's been shown to be blitz by the fast lads (Cream in particular hard blitzed him. No he didn't outspeed Chariot
Didn’t iggy save Pol from cream, whilst being heavily injured? Ik he gets rekt by many fast stands in general, but I think one feat could maybe give him some better stuff than ph

Didn’t iggy save Pol from cream, whilst being heavily injured? Ik he gets rekt by many fast stands in general, but I think one feat could maybe give him some better stuff than ph
Cream's (void) movement speed ain't exactly special, Pol and Iggy can outrun it themselves. It's best (as in The Fool) quantifiable feat is FTE/Subsonic, though it obviously is way, way higher, it just has no feats.

which is why I'm confused on how pol and iggy, two things that are definitely not stands, are phasing through it too. It doesn't even seem as though there's a hole or damage in the stairs either, and the anime even depicts them as quite literally popping out of the stand. On top of that it was also definitely the real polnareff and iggy since immediately after, the same iggy gets
kicked
What's your opinion on what exactly is happening?
No idea, maybe The Fool can just manipulate sand and material not apart of itself? Dio's mansion is made of things like limestone, and sand is just stone and pebbles on a extremely small scale.
Maybe The Fool can just let Iggy and whoever phase into rock/sand/etc due its ability to control it? But if The Fool can manipulate "sand" that isn't part of itself too, that'd definitely make it a tad better than if it could only do itself.

No idea, maybe The Fool can just manipulate sand and material not apart of itself? Dio's mansion is made of things like limestone, and sand is just stone and pebbles on a extremely small scale.
Maybe The Fool can just let Iggy and whoever phase into rock/sand/etc due its ability to control it? But if The Fool can manipulate "sand" that isn't part of itself too, that'd definitely make it a tad better than if it could only do itself.
the other example I was referring to is this scene when the real Iggy is replaced with sand despite being in Jotaro's grip. He doesn't even notice until after he's already flying which is interesting, although I guess it's technically possible that he just escaped normally I find that kinda to be the most unlikely explanation since he was literally holding him the entire time and iggy wasn't able to move. I've always interpreted it as him being able to do some kind of substitution for sand and real people but I don't see it on his profile, and I've never seen anybody bring it up
at the same time though you're probably right about him being able to manipulate other sand based on the sandstorms he makes in the geb fight
I'm not sure that really applies to the scene where he escapes from jotaro though for the reasons I listed above
depending on what the actual thing that's going on is, it could be a top tier stand or just an A or B due to the abilities we actually know and have confirmation it has

You know, The Fool is actually not in this tier list lol. I'll just edit him in the tier name and if we ever get to the end of this thing I'll add a pic of him in. RN he's B although we did not get many votes, so if you're reading this feel free to cast yours. Regardless:
  • Anubis (Since getting possessed is an instant D, let's say that this is evaluated from the perspective of Anubis for the sake of a more interesting discussion)
  • Bast/Bastet
  • Seth/Sethan
  • Osiris
  • Horus
  • Atum

Id put Anubis at B or A, if given time, it can be a Star Platinum level threat. It could become stronger and faster while also memorizing your opponent's moves. Being able to possess people if they aren't aware of your ability is a neat ability once you realize you could use their stand if they have one like Polnareff Chariot.

Anubis is an easy S. In a straight fight you lose if you don't win immediately. It only took one brief encounter for Anubis to surpass Chariot (Who we have in A), and in just a matter of seconds it began closing the gap between itself and Plat (Who is S). The fact Anubis could go from just ok to one of the strongest, fastest Stands in the whole verse in what couldn't have been beyond a total accumulative few minutes is saying a bunch. It also amps the user to an extreme degree too so killing the user won't kill it, in fact, it's immortal, even breaking the sword doesn't kill it and it can go on to posses again. It also isn't very hard to possess, it has an ability where it can pull those who see it into a trance, making them want to yield the sword, in which Anubis takes over. It has has durability negation and phasing had just to amp it's combative ability a tiny bit more. And of course it can memorize the foes fighting style, abilities and more and counter them.

In terms of pure combative ability, Anubis might be the best Stand in the whole verse, he might not have the raw stats of something like Star Platinum, but give him five minutes. Only downside to him is he lacks instant kill hax and long range but who gives a shit when he can blitz all but like 4 Stands and one shot them or the user with very, very, little exceptions. And yes, blitz, even at range, we see with Chaka that even the host's movement speed gets amped to where he could go FTE while moving from Pol's perspective.

I'd give a S, an extremely hyperfocused combat Stand who folds most of what we have in A tier and given Plat is in S, I feel Anubis should be too.

• Anubis: I think that if you are the Stand, being Anubis is pretty sick. Not only are you a really good fighter to start off (could fight Chariot evenly so like, guaranteed A tier) but most Stand users will just think the user was the one they were fighting, and the sword was just a bound Stand or something. Some of them might pick it up, some might not but either way as long as you don't fight them in the middle of nowhere someone will eventually pick the sword up, and you can get your revenge on the guy that beat you, which will probably happen with your Accelerated Development kinda thing. You can also possess other Stand users and that can get truly silly considering you could just beat them down and forcefully hand them the sword. S Tier.
  • Bastet: Eh, not great. You need your opponent to touch an admittedly relatively inconspicuous trap but the effects take some time to take place and the range is relatively limited for this kinda Stand. Still while it's useless in a direct confrontation it's decent enough to make me say B Tier.
  • Sethan: Pretty good Stand. It makes the opponent basically useless if they stand in it for a split second, and I think most people won't look at the ground when expecting a Stand attack. It ***** up their memories and most Stands at that age will be basically useless so unless you're a moron like Alessi you should be able to beat them easily. A/B Tier probably A.
  • Osiris: Useless. Stand Users are really wary people so you will probably not be able to trick most into playing a game, and nobody out there is stupid enough to bet their souls even as a joke (well you know, nobody except Polnareff). And even if you do pull that off you still need to beat them and Osiris doesn't really help you do that in any way, you gotta be the better player and the only real advantage you can get is cheating like D'Arby did. D Tier.
  • Horus: Pet Shop was a really strong fighter but admittedly part of that came from the fact that he was a really small and mobile target, which wasn't really the effect of his Stand but... y'know, bird. Still, shooting big chunks of ice is simple but handy, B Tier.
  • Atum: Osiris but with Precog and decent combat Stats. I dunno what to rate the combat abilities considering it was literally just one exchange but eh, B Tier at minimum I would say, possibly A Tier if you play it really smart, cause if you ask the right Y/N questions you can quickly learn how an enemy's Stand works and that's half the battle.

Last edited:
Horus is a B.
Decent AP, hax (ice and freezing may as well be hax), good range, and he has homing attacks and long range on his attacks plus in an environment with water he's kinda OP. Caveat is ass speed though, I mean, thinking on it, Horus doesn't have any speed feats or even scaling above subsonic, so that's really ******* bad. Hell, couldn't Iggy actually outpace them? Or well, not outpace, but run from them and not be instantly blown to shit? Iggy is fast, by like, fast by a normal dude's standards, he's like peak human.

And it lacks the versatility and defense of its counterpart The Fool (logia, Regen, etc) which imo is what would make The Fool A. Meaning Horus just has decent AP and projectiles + ice hax. But it's outdone by those it has overlap with, ice manip is outdone by White Album, projectiles is outdone by HG or even Hol Horse among others, speed is awful, and sure it has lethal AP that would allow it to harm some of the power types but like, something like HG still outclasses that with it's projectile AP for example.
I would put it in A though if used by Pet Shop in particular, given he can carpet bomb and his flight and mobility make it way better, but if like, normal dude had Horus, it's a generic B. Except actually, I'm not sure if it can even move by itself.

TBH Pet Shop was firing ice out of his mouth so I assume a human could shoot it out of his hands or something, even if the Stand itself is not very mobile

Darby bad, to circumstantial, not enough to alleviate that. D, albeit high D.

Atum an A. He can force you into a duel with him, (He could latch a part of himself onto Jotaro's soul by touching Plat's arm, forcing them into a duel with him using the arm as leverage as if they opted not to or attacked him normally, he'd crush the arm. Basically forcing an ultimatum of duel and risk it all but have the chance to get away without any damage or lose a limb no matter what).
As Armor said, mind reading can be useful, as long as you word it in a yes or no format, you'll get an answer even if they don't vocally respond, thus you can just say shit aloud and get info as long as they hear you.
While it isn't the strongest Stand, its mind reading and own innate ability allowed it to dodge a strike from late Plat, meaning he could do the same to basically any other Stand for free.
And of course, once he gets you into a duel, he's probably gonna win due to mind reading, so there's the whole soul hax thing he has too.

I'd put him at A, sufficient physical stats to allow him to fight normally, mind reading to obtain info and cheat, can force others into a duel with him with far less issue, and can likely soul steal off that. Also can detach its limbs onto a target's soul and crush it.

Bastet C.
Set B-A but it mostly depends on the target, A+ if they aren't a natural Stand user, low B if they are.

No I'm not elaborating phone kil.

Horus B (A if Petshop).
Anubis an S.
Osiris D.
Bastet C.
Atum A.
Set B-A.

Horus: B
Anubis: S
Osiris: D
Bastet: C
Osiris: A
Sethan: S. Its actually overpowered. Anyone standing on the shadow for even momentary amounts of time get years deaged. Its also bound to one's natural shadow and can increase its size depending on the size of the shadow so as to cover a wider AoE to step on. You can give weapons to the Stand as well to improve its direct combat capabilities. You can set up literal impossible to defeat scenarios like carrying around a torch to project light from behind you and directly cast your shadow on the opponent. Its extremely versatile and convenient to use so I don't understand why its getting low ratings. Easily above Star Platinum imo

Because its actual attack speed is slow and seemingly tied to your own and its AP is very low. Bafflingly low at that. It's astounding how bad its actual attack power is. And most Stand users can notice something is up right away so they're usually not standing in it for long, usually a split second.
And from there it's a case of, is the target A born Stand user or not? And how old are they? If they're old you might actually **** yourself by giving them their youth back for the fight or not really having an effect at all, if they aren't that old like say, Pol, they become kids, but from there you still have to actively defeat them, if always had a Stand, things might be problematic and you could still very much lose to them and the younger Stand depending on the target in question. There's also the fact the other user could punch you the **** out still as seen with Jotaro.

Set is obviously powerful, but it's dependant on your foe on how good it is, and your wincondition being dependent on your foe's starting age and all that is a noticeable downside. If a Stand's wincondition relies on your foe, not you yourself, I'd wager they can't be an S by default, merely a high A at best due to having critical conditions being completely out of your control.

Take Joseph for example, if Alessi fought Joseph he'd of been utterly ******, or if he fought Part 6 or 4 Jotaro, instead of kid Jotaro he would've been met with a prime Jotaro. Or even later Stands, like Funny and D4C.

Doesn't help you need to show yourself to your foe and most Stand users would be keen enough to notice being followed, making them alert as is. And the peak of its effect requires them to stand in the shadow for over a dozen seconds, and that's if they're young, someone like in their 40s would probably take like half a minute, nobody is doing that unless it's a normal person who doesn't even know what a Stand is.

Memory manip is good though, but how good that is also depends on the foe as well.

Also that torch thing not sure if I'd call flawless or anything. Coming at someone with a torch in hand is a pretty big red flag, Plus how big the casted shadow is varies depending on location and time of day so it's situational at that. Many Stand users can also outrange the cast shadow, either with projectiles or by just yeeting a rock at you, which given how suspicious you'd be acting, wouldn't be unwarranted.

Solid A but it has to many caveats to be almost unbeatable.

You can stay out of range and detection like say you stand on a building and project a huge shadow downwards with a torch or floodlight. It'll indiscriminately de-age everyone but you'll get your target. Its also not like they'll detect that they're becoming younger immediately either due to memory loss. Jotaro only managed to not get deaged further because he got Polnareff's warning in time. The shrinking effect is also slightly delayed so by the time you start shrinking, you may have been exposed a bit too much and have become a toddler/fetus. Yes, it'll be weaker in the daytime but it's stealthy so you can sneak up on your target and deage them without them immediately noticing they're under attack.

If Alessi had half a brain, he should be easily defeating almost anyone.

It's stated to have needed over a dozen seconds to to de-age a woman who couldn't have been beyond early 20s, into a fetus, it's not overly and the delay isn't that long as to not notice in time. Also you're kinda entering NLF with the dude's AOE, but ignoring that, still situational, you not only need there to be tall as **** buildings around in an environment to where you can cast your shadow without your shadow being obstructed, but your foe needs to be right under them and stay there or not notice a dude standing on a building. Or notice the giant shadow with eyes 👀.

I mean if you think it's S then cool, but all of this is situational, requires prep, outside sources, a good environment and more. It can obviously be broken, but now imagine a situation where you're being attacked by another Stand or in a direct fight or don't have equipment or your foe or target isn't in an optimal locale to abuse overcasts and stuff. Set sure, is S with prep and circumstances but in a general sense Id argue high A tops.

But as said, if you think it's S that's aight, opinions exist.

You know, The Fool is actually not in this tier list lol. I'll just edit him in the tier name and if we ever get to the end of this thing I'll add a pic of him in. RN he's B although we did not get many votes, so if you're reading this feel free to cast yours. Regardless:
  • Anubis (Since getting possessed is an instant D, let's say that this is evaluated from the perspective of Anubis for the sake of a more interesting discussion)
  • Bast/Bastet
  • Seth/Sethan
  • Osiris
  • Horus
  • Atum
first of all I'm glad you have that on there, now we can actually fairly rate cheap trick and such
anyways

Anubis is just pretty good, it matched star platinum (with prep from previous fights). Theoretically it could become one of the fastest and strongest stands but if we just go by its peak then it's A tier, since the intangibility would also be able to just skip a stand and hit the user. Also it's a good fly killer I guess

Bastet is kinda uh, not very useful. It requires the opponent to stay within range, and the ability also isn't very fatal until a while, and it's very easy to notice it happening before it gets to a point of danger. It also requires your opponent to literally touch the stand before it can do anything. It's C tier, and the only reason it's not a D tier is because it gets stronger over time and if you stalk your opponent they might eventually get ******

Set is able to deage people if they stand in one spot and take it. Luckily due to being a shadow it's really hard to notice, which is actually pretty powerful. + It presumably can't reflect damage onto user since, it's a shadow. A tier, it's just really good but nothing about it actually makes it worthy of competing with other S tiers or anything

Osiris sucks it literally requires luck or advanced cheating techniques it's C tier

Horus
can shoot ice at people which is really very cool but it doesn't have very good scaling or anything. It benefitted a lot from the user being a bird though, so it would be A tier but it has to be B tier cause of the stand user rules

Atum is B tier cause of the pseudo mind reading thing making it an upgrade from osiris

Back