• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Stand

I will add a few things

Size Manipulation.

here the stand shrinks its own size and gets inside joseph's head. The other important element here is pollnaref's word

"stands are simply images we create from our energy, we need to scale them down"

I think they should be entitled to size manipulation since many stands can reduce their size and the statement that the stands are composed of energy will cover all the stands.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ln0pbKN.

Small Size Type 3 And Self-Sustenance Type 1

I want you to pay attention to the same part again. It can be said that the stands are swimming in Joseph's brain. From here, I think that the stands should qualify to be rated as small size type 3, assuming that the stands are self-sustenance type 1 (additional proof that jotaro and his opponent do not have trouble breathing easily under water), and also assuming that their size is almost the same size as blood cells.

Astral Projection

As you know, for astral projection, your soul must leave your body and move completely independently, which is available in these stands.

Here, the captain says that our tenille stands can communicate for us even under water.

We already know that the stands can move separately from the body. And when this comes into play, I am in favor of adding astral projection to the features of the stands.

I hope it will be accepted🤗.

Eh, it's important, very important, to realize that Part 3 has a lot of cases of early bullshit as Stands as a concept was still in its infancy. like I don't think we need to discuss the whole spirit hamon thing, or asphyxiation.

A lot of general stuff became less widespread as it went on and in some cases was even phased out by Stands whose whole power was shrinking, and even in an in-universe context, Pol and Kak don't know every rule, just because they can do it, doesn't mean Jolyne could, and then there comes more the issue with applying this as a catch-all when different Stand Types don't manifest as a spirit energy, such as the aforementioned Stne Free.
It's also important to note that it's actually not an easy feat to do, as it requires ample Stand energy to perform. Which runs into another problem, how do we define if a Stand User has enough " Stand energy" to shrink the Stand down? Like would Josuke have enough willpower to replicate that? Probably. But would say, Diavolo? It's impossible to compare, only really Jotaro would get scaling to this coincidentally in the genesis of the universe, he also pulls off his feat, sending in Plat along with HG inside Avdol to beat the shit out of Satanic Coupler.

I'd have to disagree with his proposition, at least as a general addition.
Anyone with more Stand power than Kakyoin should by all accounts get it, though, it's also relevant in that absolutely nobody but Joseph, Kak and Pol even know this is possible, except maybe Part 8 Kira, so even if we list it, it'd never be usable.

Astral Projection, I mean? Kinda? I guess on paper summoning a Stand would be a form of Astral Projection, but that's a bit redundant.
This also doesn't quite apply for corporal, Bound, and a slew of Stand Types, only the basic Stands fall under this.

Self-Sustenance is a no-go, this doesn't apply to every Stand, so it can't be added for every Stand. But for the majority of them, you aren't wrong in conclusion, but it isn't because they're self-sufficient.
Stands themselves technically aren't "living" things to begin with (For example, when Joseph dunks Empress in tar, she notes she is a Stand and thus not actually alive and so she can't be asphyxiated).
This then begs the question of our self-sustenance standards, do we give those types of abilities to ghosts? Energy-beings? And things that are effectively not even alive to begin with?

tldr, all the abilities happen to be legit, but how widespread they actually are would need to be further discussed, secondly, the latter two while legit (for the most part, still has a bit of a catch-all issue) it'd just depend on how the wiki standards feel about listing redundancy, if the wiki is ok with that then yeah go fuckng wild ig.

Last edited:
Eh, it's important, very important, to realize that Part 3 has a lot of cases of early bullshit as Stands as a concept was still in its infancy. like I don't think we need to discuss the whole spirit hamon thing, or asphyxiation.

A lot of general stuff became less widespread as it went on and in some cases was even phased out by Stands whose whole power was shrinking, and even in an in-universe context, Pol and Kak don't know every rule, just because they can do it, doesn't mean Jolyne could, and then there comes more the issue with applying this as a catch-all when different Stand Types don't manifest as a spirit energy, such as the aforementioned Stne Free.
It's also important to note that it's actually not an easy feat to do, as it requires ample Stand energy to perform. Which runs into another problem, how do we define if a Stand User has enough " Stand energy" to shrink the Stand down? Like would Josuke have enough willpower to replicate that? Probably. But would say, Diavolo? It's impossible to compare, only really Jotaro would get scaling to this coincidentally in the genesis of the universe, he also pulls off his feat, sending in Plat along with HG inside Avdol to beat the shit out of Satanic Coupler.

Anyone with more Stand power than Kakyoin should by all accounts get it, though, it's also relevant in that absolutely nobody but Joseph, Kak and Pol even know this is possible, except maybe Part 8 Kira, so even if we list it, it'd never be usable.

Astral Projection, I mean? Kinda? I guess on paper summoning a Stand would be a form of Astral Projection, but that's a bit redundant.
This also doesn't quite apply for corporal, Bound, and a slew of Stand Types, only the basic Stands fall under this.

Self-Sustenance is a no-go, this doesn't apply to every Stand, so it can't be added for every Stand. But for the majority of them, you aren't wrong in conclusion, but it isn't because they're self-sufficient.
Stands themselves technically aren't "living" things to begin with (For example, when Joseph dunks Empress in tar, she notes she is a Stand and thus not actually alive and so she can't be asphyxiated).
This then begs the question of our self-sustenance standards, do we give those types of abilities to ghosts? Energy-beings? And things that are effectively not even alive to begin with?

tldr, all the abilities happen to be legit, but how widespread they actually are would need to be further discussed, secondly, the latter two while legit (for the most part, still has a bit of a catch-all issue) it'd just depend on how the wiki standards feel about listing redundancy, if the wiki is ok with that then yeah go fuckng wild ig.
I do not understand the text you wrote, please explain what you agree with and what neutral.very short sec

I agree with what Chariot’s saying

It doesn’t take long to search among Stands and point out cases in which these abilities aren’t shared amongst each one. And it’s not as if these examples are strange outliers to whats known about all Stands like Notorious B.I.G. either

The measuring of Stand Energy is also really difficult to determine to there point at which I think trying to “objectively” sort it out would become arbitrary at best

I agree with what Chariot’s saying

It doesn’t take long to search among Stands and point out cases in which these abilities aren’t shared amongst each one. And it’s not as if these examples are strange outliers to whats known about all Stands like Notorious B.I.G. either

The measuring of Stand Energy is also really difficult to determine to there point at which I think trying to “objectively” sort it out would become arbitrary at best
Size MP And Small Size Type 3 Was it accepted then? Not neutral I guess chariot to this issue

I do not understand the text you wrote, please explain what you agree with and what neutral.very short sec

Size Manip would only apply to those with more Stand Power than Kakyoin if being generous, it'd also only apply to those who fit that also have incorporeal Stands (Scary Monsters, Stone Free, Sugar Mountain as examples of Sands this is impossible with), and would not be combat applicable as nobody but Kak, Joseph and Pol know it exists (P8 Kira might, but that's vague if that's the same ability in play).
Only characters who have confirmed better Stand power are Jotaro, DIO and Enya for some reason (who already manipulates a Stand that has no set form and can change size). It's less "I agree" or "Disagree" and more "It's a legit power, but who actually applies we can't say".

Self-Sustenance is an odd case, a lot of Stands (Not all, but the majority) don't need to breathe, but that's because they aren't living to begin with, most are energy forms or basically ghosts. I'm neutral on this (for those that apply), with me agreeing or disagreeing depending on our standards (if we give shit like ghosts or magic brooms self sus, then yeah cool ig, if not, then no).
We could list the fact most don't need to breathe regardless in the Stand page tho and how they technically aren't even alive (Part of why Green Day doesn't affect Stands too), nothing wrong with elaboration even if it isn't given a moniker.

Neutral on Astral Projection but leaning towards disagreeing. It is kind of redundant ngl, especially as it's less them projecting themselves, but more projecting an entity derived from themselves.
it'd be like if Baken could manifest Becky

Size Manip would only apply to those with more Stand Power than Kakyoin if being generous, it'd also only apply to those who fit that also have incorporeal Stands (Scary Monsters, Stone Free, Sugar Mountain as examples of Sands this is impossible with), and would not be combat applicable as nobody but Kak, Joseph and Pol know it exists (P8 Kira might, but that's vague if that's the same ability in play).
Only characters who have confirmed better Stand power are Jotaro, DIO and Enya for some reason (who already manipulates a Stand that has no set form and can change size). It's less "I agree" or "Disagree" and more "It's a legit power, but who actually applies we can't say".

Self-Sustenance is an odd case, a lot of Stands (Not all, but the majority) don't need to breathe, but that's because they aren't living to begin with, most are energy forms or basically ghosts. I'm neutral on this (for those that apply), with me agreeing or disagreeing depending on our standards (if we give shit like ghosts or magic brooms self sus, then yeah cool ig, if not, then no).
We could list the fact most don't need to breathe regardless in the Stand page tho and how they technically aren't even alive (Part of why Green Day doesn't affect Stands too), nothing wrong with elaboration even if it isn't given a moniker.

Neutral on Astral Projection but leaning towards disagreeing. It is kind of redundant ngl, especially as it's less them projecting themselves, but more projecting an entity derived from themselves.
it'd be like if Baken could manifest Becky
I agree that Astral projection is correct, it can interact and communicate, but I don't know if this applies to every stand.

Actually, I'm in favor of astral projection being acceptable due to the statements of joseph here.

here joseph stands as a reflection of one's life energy and calling the stand as an evil spirit sounds to me as Astral Projection

c6e42c1ccbd275b656b5492319d4e2914701a55d_190583_690_1100.png

here joseph stands as a reflection of one's life energy and calling the stand as an evil spirit sounds to me as Astral Projection
As mentioned in my first post, that has long since been phased out and is a simplification of what Stands actually are. And Jotaro was actively ignorant, Star Platinum wasn't an evil spirit, he just thought it was, Joseph is actually calling him out in the page you posted on his misconception.

In (most) cases, Stands are the manifestation of one's soul, an invisible type of spirit energy, of course, that sounds even more on point with Astral Projection.
The issue lies in that while Stands might be derived from the soul, they aren't always inherently the soul.
Take this for example, when Diavolo gutted Trish, we see both the Stand and her soul side by side, Spice Girl is an entity derived and summoned from Trish's spirit, but it isn't literally her sole individual soul.

Summoning a basic Stand is more like astral projecting not you, yourself, but another personality or being that stems from you think of it as most stands users having a bad case of Dissociative identity disorder, but they can summon that other personality.

Which is why I think it's a bit redundant. it fits, but only very loosely, if others truly want it that's fine ig, but we should be careful to avoid misconceptions and misleading abilities.

As mentioned in my first post, that has long since been phased out and is a simplification of what Stands actually are. And Jotaro was actively ignorant, Star Platinum wasn't an evil spirit, he just thought it was, Joseph is actually calling him out in the page you posted on his misconception.

In (most) cases, Stands are the manifestation of one's soul, an invisible type of spirit energy, of course, that sounds even more on point with Astral Projection.
The issue lies in that while Stands might be derived from the soul, they aren't always inherently the soul.
literally her sole individual soul.

Summoning a basic Stand is more like astral projecting not you, yourself, but another personality or being that stems from you think of it as most stands users having a bad case of Dissociative identity disorder, but they can summon that other personality.

Which is why I think it's a bit redundant. it fits, but only very loosely, if others truly want it that's fine ig, but we should be careful to avoid misconceptions and misleading abilities.
I understand, although it does not cover all the stands in general, there were a few features you participated in this thread, do you mind if we add one or more of them to jotaro?

I understand, although it does not cover all the stands in general, there were a few features you participated in this thread, do you mind if we add one or more of them to jotaro?
If we give Self-Sus to shit like ghosts then Plat would have it explicitly, so if some mods accept that then sure.

Size Manip he probably would, he has more Stand Power than Kak, he's a Part 3 Stand so a lot of the early quirks apply to him mostly and he literally did it in genesis so shrug, makes me less hard on Jotaro in particular for that ability
But he already has it listed so...

Self-Sus'a hayalet gibi sıçması için izin verirsek, Plat bunu açıkça alırdı, yani bazı modlar bunu kabul ederse, o zaman kesin.

Size Manip muhtemelen yapardı, Kak'tan daha fazla Dayanma Gücüne sahip, o bir Kısım 3 Duruş, bu yüzden erken dönem tuhaflıklarının çoğu onun için geçerli ve bunu kelimenin tam anlamıyla başlangıçta yaptı, bu yüzden omuz silkme, beni özellikle Jotaro'ya karşı daha az zorluyor yetenek
Ama zaten listeye aldı, yani...
Do you accept Astral projection and Small Size Type 3 for Jotaro. For Jotaro, you accept Size MP And Self Sustenance Type 1, I guess, then he will write to the mods and add them for jotaro

Back