• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Stands Tier List!

he might be able to turn it into a car and completely overshadow ZZ

Tbh. if u just take a rowboat, make it into big boat on land, you still have complete control of a very large fortress. It just can’t move,

I mean it could move very very slowly, if he shifted the bottom of it a little over time
I'm guessing it would completely lose the element of surprise though

Heaven's Door is probably really high, even if it caps at FTL (let's be real, Rohan is probably a speedster, he just lacks the scaling to put him there), that long range means he's still ******* over most Stands before they can get close. A FTL can still react to MFTL at long enough range after all and he's still faster than over half the verse easy.

But as said, we get there when we get there, now imagine I posted that mr Incredible meme to accentuate my point.

Yellow Temp could be S, but I'd put him at low S, though I'm leaning more toward High A, a lot of Stands can actually get by him, he's immune to conventional damage but a lot of the more hax abilities can effect him just fine. As long as you ain't throwing hands, more exotic abilities would probably work on him and the main body. Though him being super versatile, having dura neg, and a bunch of other shit is still really good.

well I mean I guess he'd lose to like every other S tier you could put but he'd also beat like everything except the hand and killer queen in lower tiers
the tiers themselves are kind a subjective measurement to begin with which makes it harder, since when I make tier lists for other things I usually consider all the things in a tier to be somewhat comparable
yellow temperance pretty much stomps anything below it but if you put it against like wonder of U, chariot requiem, tusk act 4, d4c,
the only like B or A tier or something stands that can beat it is the hand and killer queen but even then it might just speed blitz them possibly
I'd say it's the weakest of the S tiers personally though

Eh it's weird, I guess a low S would be fine, low S and high A may as well be the same thing anyway.

For now I will put it at A, if more people vote S I will move it. Anyway, OP updated, time for another batch of Stands!
  • Hanged Man
  • Emperor
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Justice
  • The Lovers
  • The Sun

Hanged Man
A Tier, it is a formidable stand initially and it moves at the speed of light. It might seem unbeatable until you find out about its weakness, though its still a strong stand once you try to find ways to cover up that weakness, like what J Geil tried to do.
Probably a B or C? It is a gun stand that you could control, though its a slow stand from what ive heard thanks to guidebook statements, the user has to be jacked in order for emperor to be really good, we are not hol horses so its gonna be awful. Solid C now that I think about it.
Wheel of Fortune
B Tier Stand? It's a car stand, I'd love to have a car stand that could scale walls like spider-man. It has cool shit like the oil shoot then combo that with the electricity to burn em.
A or S Tier, it is a stand that could cover a whole town, the illusions be insane bruh. You would require like Star Platinum to succ in all the fog and shit. Good thing Jotaro can think outside the box.
The Lovers
probably a D or C, its a stand that essentially relies if your opponent has morals or not. Steely Dan fought the Crusaders who obviously have morals, if Jotaro was like not giving a shit if gigi died, rip Lovers. Its just a bad stand in general and not used for combat but is a nice gimmick I guess.
S Tier, this stand is strong enough to literally make it look like its day time during the night, it has lightspeed beams that could be shot out with precision. Honestly there can probably be different ways to try combating its weakness than just the mirror shiz but whatever. It is a strong stand and probably one of the strongest stands the crusader has faced despite the arc being short.

Hanged Man: A
Emperor: B
Wheel of Fortune: A. Its functional, significantly more convenient to use than Strength and you can gain a sweet vehicle out of any random shitty car you may find on the street.
Justice: B. It could have been A but it can only create illusions by itself and requires bodies and corpses for its body puppetry to be truly useful. Otherwise the user has to put themself in harm's way to deal an injury personally in order for the body puppetry to work.
Lovers: C
Sun: C. Yes, its powerful but its also indiscriminate so unless you are bringing your own AC like Arabia Fats did, you're going to suffer. Also, it was more useful because the desert setting allowed him to stay hidden with his AC and water supply for longer. It isn't effective in an urban setting since opponents would duck into the nearest building to take cover where AC, water etc. would be available.

Last edited:
Hanged Man
This is an interesting Stand. It's a great stealth assassin, it can strike from virtually anywhere considering how many reflective things there are in any modern environment and its range is huge so you can just kill someone without their allies even realizing what did them in, especially since it can be used off of really small reflective surfaces with no drop in effectiveness.
However, it's not a very fast killer, Polnareff survived multiple stabs if memory serves, which highlights the fact that, defensively, it's completely useless. Geil used his Stand very well by disguising himself and even teaming up with a more direct, immediate fight, and it did work out pretty well for him considering he came really close to killing one of the Crusaders. I think it's really effective at what it does but not very versatile, so B Tier, maaaaybe A Tier
Guns are basically the perfect weapon IRL, long-ranged, simple and virtually impossible to dodge. It's kinda weird then that the gun stand inherits basically none of those characteristics. Its range is alright, not as much as a real gun, it's not that fast though far from slow but it is pretty versatile. It might partially be Hol's own skill but we see it weaving its way around Chariot's swings so I doubt any kinda Stand can defend itself from a bullet (or more). Still it is kind of a one-trick pony so I'm just gonna go with B Tier for now.
Wheel of Fortune
Strength but instead of being an incredibly situational but powerful Stand it's just kind of alright. I mean it can regen, climb walls, protects the user and does not reflect damage to them, shoots gasoline to set people on fire, it's alright, just nothing to write home about I guess. B Tier.
Justice is weird cause it's incredibly powerful in an abstract sense, ain't many Stands out there that can affect a whole ass town at once. But in terms of how useful it is... eh. I mean, it can disguise a ghost town as a non-ghost town but you'd have to be a real idiot not to realize something fishy is going on, and it doesn't have any direct combat abilities, you need to wound the enemy to control them. But on the other hand, it is a whole ass zombie apocalypse, and that kinda stuff can probably take out a buncha enemies on its own. Still, considering the amount of prep needed I think it's pretty disappointing. C/B Tier.
The Lovers
This Stand is borderline overpowered in a 1v1, and much less useful versus a group. I mean, in a 1v1 anything your opponent does to you will be reflected to them and be much more effective, while you're free to beat them up or hell, beat yourself up. Still, as Enya points out, most Stand Users are very unwilling to travel in groups since that would reveal their secrets, and once Lovers is in your opponent's brain they've basically lost unless they have allies to fish out the Stand itself (which is no easy task). A/S Tier.
The Sun is really bad, honestly. Arabia Fats is treated like a joke, but honestly he had the right ideas, ambush your opponents in the desert where they can't realize what's going on until it's too late, hide behind a barrier that also cools you down, since The Sun does not spare you from its heat, and also use it to disguise yourself. And admittedly he would have beaten the Crusaders if it wasn't for a stroke of bad luck but that was in the absolute best situation possible. Most of the time the Sun is just going to be a neutral presence that gives everyone a heat stroke and also fires laser beams, which admittedly isn't too bad but still, it is pretty unimpressive. C Tier.

It might partially be Hol's own skill but we see it weaving its way around Chariot's swings so I doubt any kinda Stand can defend itself from a bullet (or more). Still it is kind of a one-trick pony so I'm just gonna go with B Tier for now.
To confirm, it actually is Hol's own skill, even its high end speed is actually on Hol's end, not the Stand's (Its "movement" speed is just alright, it being able to **** with Chariot is due to Hol's manual control because Hol has stupid high reactions like Rohan).

Also want to point out, The Lovers' has a stupidly high range, at least hundreds of kilometers is the minimum as that's what was stated. His Stand could hunt down and take out dudes from across the planet if he wanted. And it's made clear that even just the equivalent of a minor injury can become lethal to his foes. If you can basically kill anything from across the planet with just a minor injury as compensation, that's pretty good. And unless he shows himself for some stupid ******* reason and explains it, not many would pick up on the fact a microscopic Stand is in your body, thus, not many would get Kak's idea which has only been seen ******* once since, two if you count noncanon.

Oh yeah, I didn't realize it was that long but definitely moving that to S Tier now. What are you votes?

Emperor is whatever, meh range for its AP. Though manual control is good.
Average speed by itself, tens of meters of range at best, ok AP, unlimited ammo. It's all ok but nothing drastic, unless you Hol, you can't make the best use of it, probably mid to high Average, Above average to good if you are Hol, it definitely beats out its competition of Sex Pistols and Tusk Act 1 in offense (Though Sex Pistols has the benefit of being a great recon Stand).

Hanged Man is good, he may not be the fastest in his own part, but overall, his speed is actually problematic for many, many Stands, like Part 4 and 6 and can still be a issue for the likes of Part 6 and even some of 5, not being Plat speed isn't exactly a bad thing.
Couple that with it being a bit weird to figure out how it even works to begin with, most would misunderstand it. It being invulnerable while in a reflection and can slice the **** out of dudes is also good.

Plus it has decent range, at least 400m.

I'd put it in A, not easy to figure out, has sufficient offense, good range, good speed in every part but the part where the fastest ****** on the planet is, and is overall just a nice solid Stand, that hell, even has some decent durability too, he does take multiple slashes from Chariot after all and lives, he could probably take some damage from the majority of Stands even if they do figure him out.

WoF is actually surprisingly good, it somehow outmuscles a good chunk of Stands, has projectiles, electricity, shapeshifting, regen, acts as protection to the main body and even has surface scaling, plus it can outrun a chunk of Stand users by default, so dude's with bad range can't escape that easy. Plus you get a nice car thus it's useful outside of a fight too. It being bound is a detriment though, no invisibility shit, but as a caveat, it looking like just a car makes it probably less difficult to get close to your target than if it was a invisighost vehicle. I'd say low A, not many can actually overpower this thing in a direct fight, most would need hax.

Justice is actually pretty good, it's considered a high end stand in context but having hundreds of meters to kilometers of range is good, even the slightest cut can lead to a win due to the hole hax and then puppetry to follow up, it's not inherently obvious it's a thing (while being subtle it'd just look like a foggy day), and the illusions aren't half bad either, it can mask even normal things, like an iron fence as a vehicle, it wouldn't be hard to just play the waiting game with Justice and wait till your foe ***** up via you doing illusions and shit for them to get a cut, and then you basically won. Plus it has logia and can't be hurt by 99% of Stands. I'd put it in A, good range, decent hax and versatility, good defense, and a clear win condition. Plus like, not many Stands (as in literally only TW and I guess in theory GER due to having better physicals) have the pure succ power that Plat does.

The Sun is in the case of being an easy S as a Stand, but like a D in safety/usability. It's a giant **** literal mini star that even in a default state is far enough to where 90% of Stands can't even **** with it even if they could because they can't fly 100 of meters into the sky and even if they could most can't do shit about it. It has passive heat and light manip. It has lasers which aren't half bad, spammable, precise lightspeed attacks with heat damage and good AP with hundreds of meters AOE is pretty solid. It's basically Strength, if strength could fly, had a slow passive kill effect, and also had ******* laserbeams and could be used anywhere. Obviously the caveat is, the main body ain't immune, the heat is just as much of a issue to him then his foes.
But I think it might not be so bad? I mean in a urban environment he could just hop into a building with AC, same with his foes sure, but his foes still have to deal with the literal ******* sun with danmaku beams that is gonna try and snipe them the moment they leave, and given the AOE on this thing, the target wouldn't have a clue where the main body is, especially in an urban environment given the existence of other dudes, even the act of staying in one place wouldn't be suspicious, as all civs would be forced to stay in one locale. I'd give it A by virtue of being a giant **** off sun with huge dick range and good offense while being basically impossible to kill or even reach by 90% of Stands. And in a good environment like the dessert, he'd flatten like 80% of the verse 0 diff.

Hanged Man A.
Emperor C-B.
WoF A?
The Sun A.
Justice A+ in lore though it does have some weird quirks, A if you smart, B if you play it like Enya did, in that you reveal your hand early and yourself (Which is understandable, she had to show herself so her targets stayed, given they could've just ****** off and kept on going, nothing was keeping them in town, if your target was stationary kinda, like in a Part 4 setting, it'd be way more useful and you would have way less risk).
Lovers A-S?

Solid batch of Stands that were all actually decent and just got ****** by being in the part where Star Platinum exists (or the part where rules weren't fully defined and you could pull new powers out the ass like making your Stand microscopic because **** you).

Last edited:
For now I will put it at A, if more people vote S I will move it. Anyway, OP updated, time for another batch of Stands!
  • Hanged Man
  • Emperor
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Justice
  • The Lovers
  • The Sun
Hanged man is pretty easily A tier considering that if it was used better he’d just go straight for the head

I have my own problems with the idea that emperor isn’t mftl but either way it’s gonna land in B tier cause of the fact that it doesn’t really give you any way to defend yourself from other attacks and you don’t really get the element of surprise cause you’re literally pointing a gun at them

Wheel of fortune is like strength if strength wasn’t strength. It shoots gas which is cool I guess, and you also get the travel speed bonus. It could be an A tier really, so I’ll go for that

Justice is town level via creation a very weird stand and it’s actually pretty ******* weak. If you get wounded I guess that’s pretty sad, maybe she can make your leg wobble a little and you trip and fall and die. Idk, it’s certainly one of the weaker stands, C tier just cause of the amount of abilities and range it has.

The lovers is good but it technically can’t just kill anybody since it relies on you not wanting someone to get hurt. If they were smart then they’d just use their full size stands to phase into the brain and squish the stand but….Yknow plot and stuff. Maybe controversial but I say D tier in most situations, at best C.

The sun would have won had it just continued shooting lasers or had he not been fighting geniuses (I still have no clue how the mirror trick works to this day). I’m just gonna go with a simple A tier rating

If you get wounded I guess that’s pretty sad, maybe she can make your leg wobble a little and you trip and fall and die. Idk, it’s certainly one of the weaker stands, C tier just cause of the amount of abilities and range it has.

Or make you give yourself even more wounds to where you get completely ******, and that's in a bad spot, if she gets your arm or hand, she might be able to get you to off yourself like she almost did to Hol, he lucked out because he could demanifest his gun, imagine tossing your target a knife and making them pick it up and stab themselves. Justice is Fun Fun Fun on super crack (Which I guess isn't saying much give that thing is an easy negative Z tier).

(I still have no clue how the mirror trick works to this day)

In the vast expanse of a few hundred kilometer desert, a reflection looks the same as the normal area, given everything in every direction is just empty space and sand.

hmm fair point
justice is probably S tier with prep time theoretically, if it's as presented in the anime then like A tier
with no prep time it's likely D tier unless you're fighting in a cemetery or something
if Justice had started with a bigger population then it'd be able to pretty much beat anything except GER, wonder of U, and maybe not love train, that kind of stuff

killer queen actually would be able to deal with justice prep time by just erasing the entire population over the course of a month

Yeah sure but some Stands also don't have hundred km range and are impossible to pick up unless you tell your target that it's a thing to begin with, if you even show up to begin with. It ain't the Stand's fault that Steely Dan had a single digit IQ.

Yeah but like, you can also assassinate someone from another country. And also that is not many stands at all

Honestly couldn't you just make the Stand just give someone an aneurysm? It doesn't have to limit itself to the pain reflection, couldn't it just **** up someone's brain

Maybe? I mean, Joseph was gonna die even if Dan wasn't hurt because he brought flesh buds with him and was actively growing it.
Don't see why if given time, Lovers couldn't do something like that, the pain reflect is just a byproduct of it ******* with the foes brain to begin with.

which also begs the question
why tf can't like, hierophant green do that
he just needs to make his tiny tentacle things invisible and stick it up the nose

part 4 would have more good stands if it weren't for speed scaling
do you know how hard it is for me to believe that an angry crazy diamond isn't as fast as the lovers?

Back