• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo infinite speed downgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death of the author doesn't mean we gotta start putting head canon and interpret whatever we want from it. Visuals are just visuals, Yujiro's punch and BoS Baki's punch look visually the same, though 1 is a tier 9 punch and 1 is a 6-C punch.

I don't need to defend my point. You have no sure way of proving me wrong, you are just using "how it looks" to try and prove your point. We just have to see if the mods agree on your "it looks sexy" argument. You never debunked any argument, nor did you ever have an argument besides "visual". The visual part is commonly done to add suspanse to the whole thing. If the visuals were missing it'd be pretty obvious that GER was resisting it, a plot twist at the "i win" moment is commonly used. The visuals can be added for a LOT more reasons than "how an ability works" lap, i need to remind you the first purpose of a show is to entertain it's viewers not show visuals to be used in vs battles.

Besides weren't the "visual moves" just Diavolo precog-ing or sth? He said "i can see his moves" so he was happy he was seeing the moves while the world was in a time stop, he wasn't even shocked at GER moving there.

And would u look at that, even though the time stop is still there...the visuals on GER are gone https://media.discordapp.net/attach...60860188690/unknown.png?width=1047&height=589 , even though according to you they should stay because they are just signs that he can move without time, they don't stay, which proves either of my points (the precog and GER didn't rly move or the visuals are just random and are only applied to increase suspance and cannot be used as proof).

MiH still needs to accel. @Professor.

Also you don't know that, you don't know how much time it takes besides there are 2 problems:

1. The fact that he still starts at base speed (so his thinking speed at the start of the match isn't infinity but base speed).

2. You don't know how fast he can reach it. I mean you literally accepted accelerating to infinity is possible, now you're re-bringing up the math? The difference is infinity which is why he can't accel to that level, but you already disagreed upon it. So it still takes time for him to do so. I mean we either accept the infinity fact or not, we can't only accept it on certain points.

Visuals are pretty important in a visual medium

Yeah, I'm not. I won't speak for you tho. Its a ******* battle shonen in a visual medium, and Araki is known for his Godly attention to detail in his art and love of his visuals. Comparing some basic punches to literally the same ability doing the same thing in different places is completely different. Fallacy of a false equivolence.

The visuals prove you wrong. Consistency of powers and narative prove tou wrong. I proved you wrong walking into this with my openning arguments showing that no matter which way you cut the pie, you still get infinite speed. I gave arguments based on Diavolo's statements, what he shows, and Buccelati looking his future self in the the ******* face, proving my points. You are again assuming authorial intent, and you clearly do not know JJBA. Look at the Valentine vs Johnny, Pucci vs The Prisoners, Jolyne vs Marison, Jonathan vs Dio, Diavolo vs Rissoto, or basically any of many other JJBA fights where he did not compromise on design not consistency just for a plot twist. Do not assume you know Araki's intent, it is fallacious to do so, especially on an author you know jack shit about.

The coexistence of future and present selves within erased time is nothing new, that's how it is supposed to work. When GER started moving, he was ******* shocked.

Time isn't stopped. what do you mean? It was erased. That is a massive ******* difference. Also, nope. That Pannel already had the time no longer erased. Also, in the previous pannel you would notice that the coexistent selves of Diavolo would be out of shot behind him. Giorno's doesn't move at these points as well anyway, so his congruent selves would have been over lapping since he wasn't moving. Did you dead ass just edit the pannels to support your argument? That's ******* low and deceptive. Also, Did you really think that would get past me? The visual completely support me and I am sad that you would stoop to editting scans just to prove your point

I'm against these downgrades and i agree with @Iapitus

>You claim GER just simply has resistance. Guess what, that logically makes no sense. GER acted in a timeless void, as which can be asserted as King Crimson erases Time across the universe

>Furthermore it's very hypocritical to say GER's speed feat is an outlier when the standis god-tier and thus them having such feats is scalable by virtue of their status

>Also Made In Heaven was stated to have infinite speed. So that should be concrete evidence the stand is Infinitely fast. Again same premise as GER, it'sa god-tier stand and thus scales

Apparently Fire Phoenix stooped to Editing scans to lie about a downgrade and Lapitus went Ham

After reading both Iap's and Fire's comments, and seeing what both did, I feel like both parties went out of line.

Honestly I think this thread should be closed, as this discussion has turned pretty uncivil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back