• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Johnny Joestar and Gyro Zeppeli Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standuser081 said:
So, by spinning forever, you get to break through dimensional barriers and move in stopped time?
Can't explain it enough times, IR is not ACT4. IR does not break through dimensional barriers and such, that's ACT4.

ACT4 can only be used if the IR is achieved, that's why you see them together.

My stance is this.

Just saying it's High 3-A implies that every cell in someones body is being spun with infinite power, and that just blatantly isn't true for anyone that saw/read it in action.

I think it can go up to High 3-A, but it doesn't push any harder than what is needed to keep someone in place. Whenver this fits the view of either side doesn't really matter.

Your stance is not in allign with anyones, probably because it doesn't make sense in general.

The bullet is high 3-A, not the spinning force. That means the bullet can harm people who are 3-A and whatnot. Of course it doesn't mean it spins them with infinite force, who said that?

Again, the bullet is filled with infinite energy. It hits someone with infinite force, punches through them, and then they're imbued with the infinite rotation as well. As a result of having infinite rotational energy, they too begin to spin forever.

A battery is also filled with energy, we don't assume that to be how much power it has when thrown.

I see no reason why the bullet would have the same amaount of kinetic energy when fired as the spin.

Because it literally says "infinite rotational energy" which is the same thing as "infinite angular kinetic energy".

He imbues his nail with infinite angular kinetic energy by using The Spin... and then fires it.

Exept that doesn't translate to piercing like that.

If something was spinning that hard and hit something really hard it would just "roll" away from it.

You know that real bullets are rapidly spinning, right? Do they just roll away when they hit their target?

So why should Johnny's bullets?

Ah, spinning that way. I was thinking to the side for some reason.

That still doesn't translate to piercing energy you know?

Because it's spinning with that energy. To have infinite piercing you would need all infinite energy directed towards the thing you are piercing.

@Professor. Long story short. The bullet may have infinite energy, it's not applied all at once. If Act 4 had to destroy a universe with a bullet, would it be able to?

Also about spinning, that's not how it works. True RL bullets do spin, but that's done for accuracy usually and they pierce the target because their horizontal speed is much higher than their angular velocity and as such it has a TON more kinetic energy to pierce the target rather than roll off. It's a matter of level of energy, not applicable in infinite energy mode.

Why doesn't a bullet with infinite energy translate into piercing energy?

Because you said it yourself they have infinite rotational energy not piercing one.

Still the feats don't say "universe busting energy" only questionable statements say so.

1. AoE fallacy

2. If a bullet rotates, and it touched you, your skin is going to rotate with infinite energy due to momentum. So it still hurts with infinite energy.

Its been a while since I read SBR, but here's my take on it:

Its High 3-A energy that is dispersed in a way that results in hax rather than direct AP, kinda like Superman's heat vision can be used as Durability Negation despite just being a ray of well heat.

Or at least thats how I saw it.

@SomebodyData the whole point for the bullet being high 3-A is so we know the cap off on who it can harm. If I shoot Thanos, it's going to punch through him like it did Valentine. If he has the IG though, it won't.

Do you agree with this line of logic?

So either way

Not High 3-A potency

TriforcePower1 said:
1. AoE fallacy
2. If a bullet rotates, and it touched you, your skin is going to rotate with infinite energy due to momentum. So it still hurts with infinite energy.
1. Not exactly when the best feat is rotating tier 8 people infinitely on a durability negating level and questionable translations.

2. Yes your skin is going to rotate, it won't be the same as having infinite piercing damage. Here is the difference:

Point infinite Ke at anything and it'll break through

Point infinite rotational Ke at anything and it will burn the surface.

Kinetic energy is not of the same kind. It depends on whether it's rotational or not, it depends on the direction etc. It's like saying a bullet has infinite Ke and it hits something parallely yet it will punch through...no. Yes it is infinite Ke, but it's not in the direction that it needs to be to be infinite piercing damage.

Yes and no.

Technicaly it wouldn't be applicable as a direct ap feat (Though it worked kinda like dura neg anyway), but wiki standards would have us write it down as a tiered thing.

Kinda like how we treat weather ap feats (Not directly ap, but still tiered) just a bit more complex.

But again, this is going off how I remembered SBR.

Not sure weather counts as hax

Hax just means powerful ability, its the ability par tthat matters (Sorry if I didn't specifiy)

Hax means an ability that bypasses durability, effectively not making it a match of beating each other to bloody bits

I disagree that this is literally an infinite amount of energy all at once (thus being High 3-A) but still

@SomebodyData why dont you think it would be applicable as a direct AP feat? Hes firing off a bullet that he filled with infinite rotational energy.

Not exactly High 3-A. It has never shown to apply infinite energy all at once, just over time. Over an infinite amount of time it would apply infinite energy (High 3-A Potency), though that's over time. A 8-B energy applied for a never ending amount of time. It would never run out though it doesn't mean the energy it applies it's actually universal. Atoms cannot sustain infinite energy, while in our case they actually sustain infinite rotational energy.

High 3-A it would only be if it were to apply infinite energy at every instant constantly, that would be infintie AP as it is infinite for every moment, though we know this is not true from other facts (like the bullet not having infinite energy, the fact that anything can spin at all despite tanking universal AP to the face etc) and the point that we always accept the lesser as true, unless strongly, feat-wise proven otherwise.

The translation is very clear, he gathers infinite rotational energy using the Spin.

That energy is stored into his nails. He shoots off his nails. You have a projectile with infinite rotational energy coming at you. Thats infinite kinetic energy. Thats high 3-A.

It is shown to apply infinite energy all at once, he punches through Valentine and Diego. We just cant tell since it doesnt correlate with its destructive capacity.

The translation is still clear and tells us he can fill his nail with infinite rotational energy. He also shoots off the same nail. Infinite kinetic energy projectile incoming.

No.

How fast something rotates does not make it have the same amount of piercing energy, why is it so hard to understand?

It needs infinite enerhy directed in one direction to be able to hurt a High 3-A. It rotating that fast will not let it pierce a High 3-A character.

Ricsi, rotational energy is the same thing as kinetic energy. Its obviously shot off at a MFTL speed as per normal JoJo, but its exhibiting an infinite amount of energy.

If you cant understand that, I cant help you.

That doesn't remotly matter. Something can have 8-B kinetic energy, but if it's rotating, hell, even if it is just aiming diagonally, then it won't be half as effective.

If I make... say... a beyblade or something spin with 8-B energy, and then lightly make it go towards something, whatever it touches won't be hit with 8-B energy.

Right, youll be hit with a fraction of whatever energy the beyblade is spinning at. Very good point.

Same with the IR nailshot, youll be hit with a fraction of whatever energy its spinning at... which is infinite. Infinity divided or subtracted by anything is still infinity. The fraction of infinity is infinity. You are still hit with infinite force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back