• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Taylor VS Freddie Sykes

John isn't a "metaphysical" anything, and he has a few million things he can do that this guy doesn't appear to resist at all, so I have no idea what makes this fair in any sense of the word.

Read his durability. He has 1-A magic resistance.

The entire joke is that neither can use their powers correctly, so it's reduced to a fist fight

I did. Outside of "metaphysical entities", it's Tier 9.

And even if it were reduced to a fist fight (prove it...), John hits a lot harder than he does and has a fairly decent number of mundane weapons at his disposal.

I'm not the twin peaks expert, Ultima or Ogbundali are. However, I do remember Ultima telling me Freddie's stuff comes from his glove negating and deflecting electricity, which is the source of magic. I have no idea how that works, but it protects him from magic passively on a 1-A scale. Somehow.

But Freddie also is absolutely shit against non-magic Unless he shuts down John's nervous system with electricity Negation and would absolutely die to just hitting him too hard.

So basically, even if you're right and John's powers are somehow not part of the picture, he still wins by kicking him in the balls and then hitting him in the face a little too hard.

Or flashbanging him in the face.

Or stabbing him with his blessed dagger.

Or blunting him in the skull with his silver knuckleduster.

Also, even if the powers don't work on the other dude directly, there's nothing stopping John from using his chaos dice to manipulate probability so that it's impossible to see him. Which he's done before.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
So basically, even if you're right and John's powers are somehow not part of the picture, he still wins by kicking him in the balls and then hitting him in the face a little too hard.

Or flashbanging him in the face.

Or stabbing him with his blessed dagger.

Or blunting him in the skull with his silver knuckleduster.
If the dagger is magic based, no, but otherwise, pretty much. Freddie's bad against anything not magic.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
If the dagger is magic based
It isn't. It has holy blessings that let it deal (severe) supernatural damage to demons and evil entities, but other than that, it's just a dagger.

Also, I'm just going to say it; you shouldn't be throwing characters against someone like John Taylor if you aren't knowledgeable on them to begin with.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Also, even if the powers don't work on the other dude directly, there's nothing stopping John from using his chaos dice to manipulate probability so that it's impossible to see him. Which he's done before.
Wait what

How does that work

Like so:

I took a pair of chaos dice from my coat pocket and rolled them back and forth in my hand, and just like that the flying horrors couldn't seem to find me.
~ Just Another Judgment Day​
These are explicitly noted to function as simple probability changers:

We were looking for a pair of chaos dice, simple probability changers, and according to Polly, the very best example of their kind were to be found in Wu Fang's Garden of Delights.
~ The Good, the Bad and the Uncanny​
And are shown to function as such the first time we see John use them:

I pulled a pair of chaos dice from my coat's inner pocket and tossed them into the midst of the Reasonable Men; and suddenly everything that could go wrong for them did. Spells misfired, muscles spasmed, and they fell over each other like clowns.
~ Hex and the City​
Like, I need you to understand that John Taylor is an extremely broken character with a lot of tricks up his sleeve. His hax powers aren't just good for offense. He also has several weird defenses he can call upon.

No, actually. That's part of the reason why he counts himself among the vast number of people who don't want to piss off Jessica Sorrow.

Back