• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wait, how has this match not been done already? (John Wick vs Agent 47)

40e.jpeg

John's weapons are stronger and a lot of 47's arsenal is limited to his 9-B stuff which John can deal with.
I'm talking about his poisons (His standard equipment section states he would be carrying at least one of them) and explosives that don't surpass the 9-B threshold.

John sees a white rubber duck

FLASHBANG

John has a bullet in his brain.
I thought they explode, not shoot bullets. Anyway Wick's good enough to where if he sees something out of the ordinary such as a rubber ducky he'll either shoot it from a safe distance or simply avoid it.

Plus I'd also imagine that'd be hard to pull off in the middle of s gun-fight.

I linked a walkthrough of Agent 47 going on a tour of the ICA data facility located in Chongqing, disguised as a member of the board inspecting the place. The location evidently has major security. Now I linked a walkthrough of Agent 47 sneaking in there to get data from the core, without changing his disguise, and maintaining his canonical Silent Assassin rating. I don't know the extent of John Wick's skills, but they don't seem better than Agent 47's skills, especially when taking into consideration what other people have written about him and what else can be accurately described of him that is described on his VS Battles Wiki profile. I vote for Agent 47 winning the matchup.

I should point out.

No prep time, but they're aware of each-other's reputation. Battle takes place on the Burj Khalifa because I want to see big things get wrecked. They start a dozen meters apart, but there is cover in the form of furniture and the like.
I don't think stealth is gonna be as much of a factor as you guys are saying.

This be the only VS thread I've seen lifting strength be relevant in, and it just gets rendered irrelevant anyway.

walter-white-falling.gif

My genuine reaction to Gin ending my entire career.
You clearly don't watch a lot of vs threads, do you? Lifting strength is a pretty common thing to mention, especially for lower-tier characters like this.

I think all votes for 47 are kinda invalid now. They are based on his stealth but that has been discussed above as not working due to the environment

I think all votes for 47 are kinda invalid now. They are based on his stealth but that has been discussed above as not working due to the environment
I don't think my vote is invalid, but I need to write more to explain why. I didn't explain further in my message, post number 60, so I'll do so here. Some kinds of stealth skill demonstrations don't only suggest how good a character is at remaining hidden, but also their skills at avoiding trouble in general, as well as tactics involving navigating a location. The original post states that "they start a dozen meters apart, but there is cover in the form of furniture and the like". Even though the two characters know where they are, to my knowledge Agent 47 would do better than John Wick in those circumstances, seeing as how he could efficiently navigate locations in far more dangerous and risky circumstances, but correct me if John Wick has demonstrated better than what I know. (I'm only writing based on what I see on his profile and what I've seen people explain in this thread.) Also, what's associated with Agent 47's "Silent Assassin" stealth skills are other abilities such as acrobatics. Although he doesn't demonstrate it in combat, and although it doesn't look flashy, Agent 47 has been shown to be able to climb terrain and in tricky situations, such as during the concluding event on a train in the Carpathian Mountains. I'll also link evidence of Agent 47 doing an assassination mission involving acrobatics and stealth almost precisely in the location that this versus thread's battle takes place in. Along with his higher intelligence and his fighting skills, he should be able to keep up with John Wick, and would most likely find some way to outdo him depending on how the battle goes. My vote remains as Agent 47 winning the battle.

The original post states that "they start a dozen meters apart, but there is cover in the form of furniture and the like". Even though the two characters know where they are, to my knowledge Agent 47 would do better than John Wick in those circumstances, seeing as how he could efficiently navigate locations in far more dangerous and risky circumstances,
John was being hunted by a group with influence in all corners of the world, and the people who are sent after him are far, far more durable than anything 47's encountered (High Table special units wearing outright bullet proof armor to a ridiculous degree.), and fought them in waves while in the dark. I definitely wouldn't day 47's encounters have been "far deadlier.".

47 is all about assassination and making a quick and silent getaway. His thing isn't fighting literally armies of hitmen for weeks on end, that's John. You'd be comparing apples to oranges by comparing their circumstances to one another.

also 47's location tracking is gonna be next to useless here, as Wick won't be hidinig away from 47 but instead he'll likely be the one on the offensive.
Although he doesn't demonstrate it in combat, and although it doesn't look flashy, Agent 47 has been shown to be able to climb terrain and in tricky situations, such as during the concluding event on a train in the Carpathian Mountains.
That's just him managing to not fall off a train that ain't even moving all to fast. That's not impressive, especially in comparison to Wick's fighting in a moving train which would be more difficult.

John can out maneuver dozens of trained Assassins on speeding high end motorcycles on a ******* horse and do shit like this.

As a child he's capable of doing acrobatics such as this.
RCO012-1582254778-1.jpg

I can continue such as the time Wick did this and then this to a group of men all at the same time.

Being able flexible enough to utilize Gun-Fu, etc. Wick takes the advantage there.
First of all, again that's not a feat of acrobatics but rather a feat of parkour so not really the best argument to use here. Plus Wick also has ways of dealing with opponents who are annoyingly agile like Zero.

John was being hunted by a group with influence in all corners of the world, and the people who are sent after him are far, far more durable than anything 47's encountered (High Table special units wearing outright bullet proof armor to a ridiculous degree.), and fought them in waves while in the dark. I definitely wouldn't day 47's encounters have been "far deadlier.".
I wasn't comparing the durability of the two characters here. Anyway, Agent 47's targets were stated to be some of the most protected people in the world, so him not being at least comparable to John Wick is an understatement. Remember that stealth is just Agent 47's schtick and is nowhere near the end of what he's capable of.
47 is all about assassination and making a quick and silent getaway. His thing isn't fighting literally armies of hitmen for weeks on end, that's John. You'd be comparing apples to oranges by comparing their circumstances to one another.
Agent 47's tactics in general not revolving around direct combat doesn't change how he is skilled and would use his skills in a 1 VS 1 matchup like this one against John Wick. I'll provide more evidence below.
also 47's location tracking is gonna be next to useless here, as Wick won't be hidinig away from 47 but instead he'll likely be the one on the offensive.
I didn't mention anything about Instinct, so I don't know why you mentioned it. Now that you mentioned it though, I should point out that it has utility even though John Wick wouldn't be hiding. In a bad situation for Agent 47, he would try avoiding John Wick and would keep track of him from far using Instinct, so he could find the perfect opening to attack him from far with no risk.
That's just him managing to not fall off a train that ain't even moving all to fast. That's not impressive, especially in comparison to Wick's fighting in a moving train which would be more difficult.
In the video I linked, Agent 47 demonstrated that, during freezing cold snowy weather, he can spend many minutes uninterruptedly sneaking through an entire heavily guarded train going at a dangerous steady pace, while performing various feats of jumping from one train car to another and climbing around the sides and top of the train, all efficiently and without breaking his usual stoical focus in the slightest. You don't think this is impressive because your standards are too high.
John can out maneuver dozens of trained Assassins on speeding high end motorcycles on a ******* horse and do shit like this.

As a child he's capable of doing acrobatics such as this.
RCO012-1582254778-1.jpg

I can continue such as the time Wick did this and then this to a group of men all at the same time.

Being able flexible enough to utilize Gun-Fu, etc. Wick takes the advantage there.
That's impressive and all, as I expected from John Wick, but I think this is a close battle, not one where John Wick has the clear advantage.
First of all, again that's not a feat of acrobatics but rather a feat of parkour so not really the best argument to use here. Plus Wick also has ways of dealing with opponents who are annoyingly agile like Zero.
Being skilled at jumping and climbing during parkour falls under acrobatics, at least in the sense the VS Battles Wiki and I mean it in. John Wick is probably better at acrobatics anyway, but I'm explaining that Agent 47 isn't a bulky robot that some people may think he is.

I wasn't comparing the durability of the two characters here. Anyway, Agent 47's targets were stated to be some of the most protected people in the world, so him not being at least comparable to John Wick is an understatement. Remember that stealth is just Agent 47's schtick and is nowhere near the end of what he's capable of.
So are Members of the High Table, The One Who sits above the Table and the Pope. What you just said there isn't anything Wick isn't capable of.
Agent 47's tactics in general not revolving around direct combat doesn't change how he is skilled and would use his skills in a 1 VS 1 matchup like this one against John Wick. I'll provide more evidence below.
Nobody ever made that claim so that's irrelevant.
Cool, that's not very impressive considering John does the same to groups of stronger opponents every movie.
Cue Wick vs Zero's students

Cue Wick vs the groups of the world's deadliest Assassins spread world-wide.

To reflect on this part, The High Table has been a thing since the Aztec's were around. Meaning the organization itself has been doing this for hundreds upon hundreds of years.

Cue Wick slaughtering dozens upon dozens of Elite High Table Soliders.

This is nothing new.
In the video I linked, Agent 47 demonstrated that, during freezing cold snowy weather, he can spend many minutes uninterruptedly sneaking through an entire heavily guarded train going at a dangerous steady pace, while performing various feats of jumping from one train car to another and climbing around the sides and top of the train, all efficiently and without breaking his usual stoical focus in the slightest.
Let me reiterate, this isn't that impressive. Which is what i meant to say, but alas it isn't like 47 is doing flips mid-air or being shot at while performing them.
You don't think this is impressive because your standards are too high
Read above.
That's impressive and all, as I expected from John Wick, but I think this is a close battle, not one where John Wick has the clear advantage.
Wick has advantages in certain aspects, same as 47.

Being skilled at jumping and climbing during parkour falls under acrobatics, at least in the sense the VS Battles Wiki and I mean it in. John Wick is probably better at acrobatics anyway, but I'm explaining that Agent 47 isn't a bulky robot that some people may think he is.
Thankfully I never said 47 was a brick. I agree that 47 is agile, I just believe John is moreso.

I'm still convinced 47 would be able to hide behind cover long enough to slip into a crowd assuming they don't begin in a completely empty room.

Back