• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Egbert VS Oryx, the taken king

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he does, but not to everything Oryx has. I think. I just skimmed his profile though. I check more in depth later.

I'm pretty sure he has like a dozen passives because of the "Taking".

Profile- Take: Arguably Oryx's most useful ability that erases other beings from existence and brings them back empowered and possessed by the darkness, totally subservient to the will of Oryx. While some Taken may seem to retain a degree of independence, this is only because Oryx allows it for keeping his legions interesting. Oryx can summon taken on a whim, and controls members of all of the alien races within Destiny. Oryx, and all taken, passively erase existence and warp spacetime around them, while also inflicting a statistics debuff over an even larger area. Oryx has been shown casually taking with at least planetary AOEs, but has also taken beings in the material world from his ascendant plane, suggesting a far higher range. While guardians can resist the passive effects due to their Light, with some effort Oryx can take even a Guardian.

John resists 1-A Void Manipulation, so if getting erased is a prerequisite for it too work than that's not happening.

It says that it erases them from existence first and ''then'' brings them back and does all the other stuff. I'm gonna need some proof that all of those happen at the same time.

https://youtu.be/HQymFddoo9I?t=85

Other than that it's simply never stated or implied that they're erased before the other effects occur.

As for the description note that it doesn't even necessarily state that they're erased first, just that they're subservient to Oryx after, which is logical because they have also been mind haxxed / willingly joined his Taken army.

Well, let's see here. 2-A scaling is a mess in Homestuck, but if I know he's at least above an explosion that destroyed two multiverses (which even the weakest 2-As in the setting should be able to tank. Also a universe in Homestuck is a multiverse by our standards, just to explain Scratch's AP justification) and stomped Caliborn, one of the strongest 2-As in the setting.

so if we remove the hax, in Ap anyone who scales multiple / innumerable infinitely above the baseline is superior to them?

I mean, I'd argue that Homestuck 2-As are immeasurably above baseline in much the same way 2-C is superior to Low 2-C, but yes, characters who stack infinities over baseline should cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back