• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Doe (UnOrdinary) vs Seraphina (UnOrdinary) [1-0-0]

Rules
  • Speed not Equalized.
  • Both Bloodlusted.
  • One sentence answers will not be accepted, there should be proper reasoning or dash for reasons above (FRA)
  • If you have decided upon your final answer, write "John Wins" or "Sera Wins" or "Inconclusive"
  • Win by KO
Abilities for John (4 slots):
  • Tanner's Regeneration: Similar to Elaine's Healing, although only applicable to oneself. Allows the user to undo the effects of wounds even as severe as a broken bone within seconds

• Isen's Hunter: The user can see weak points on an opponent, and strike them to deal large amounts of damage. The user can also see through walls, smoke, etc. and track certain targets once they've laid eyes on them.
  • Arlo's Barrier: These barriers can be directly placed on others (or oneself for defense) and decreased in size to crush enemies, can be used to block attacks, and push enemies.
  • Ventus' Whirlwind: Allows the user to create and control strong gusts of air that can form sharp, blade-like attacks or small, localized tornadoes. This also grants John limited flight capabilities through creating gusts of wind underneath him.
Votes:

Last edited:
Pretty sure John can't mimic sera's ability or else he would have in his fight against her

Pretty sure John can't mimic sera's ability or else he would have in his fight against her
What fight? The only "fight" I remember is when he was going berserk and wasn't himself, which happened recently. If that's the one you are talking about then it's clear that that wasn't a proper fight.

Idt John can mimic Seraphina, and his power-lvl is lower, so even if John can mimic he will have a lower version of seraphina’s power, I'll go for seraphina

Idt John can mimic Seraphina, and his power-lvl is lower, so even if John can mimic he will have a lower version of seraphina’s power, I'll go for seraphina
So, you're saying that those 4 powers combined won't be able to take down Seraphina? Also, I need a reference to where it says that he can't at all copy powers that are of a higher level than him.

So, you're saying that those 4 powers combined won't be able to take down Seraphina? Also, I need a reference to where it says that he can't at all copy powers that are of a higher level than him.
he would need have feat of that not the contrary

You're wrong because it's said that he can copy powers, so they'll need to bring an exception to that.
it's the inverse you need to prove that he can copy higher leve than him, saying he can copy power his not a proof as he don't show being able to copy her power

it's the inverse you need to prove that he can copy higher leve than him, saying he can copy power his not a proof as he don't show being able to copy her power
This is so weird. It's stated that he can copy powers that he can see. So that's the general case. Someone needs to prove that this case doesn't apply to abilities that are of a higher level than him. The only place that I can see it states that he can't copy powers above his level is his Wikia page but it doesn't give a reference. So, they must have got that from somewhere, else they are incorrect.

This is so weird. It's stated that he can copy powers that he can see. So that's the general case. Someone needs to prove that this case doesn't apply to abilities that are of a higher level than him. The only place that I can see it states that he can't copy powers above his level is his Wikia page but it doesn't give a reference. So, they must have got that from somewhere, else they are incorrect.
the vsb site just doesn't work like that, your need proof for saying he can, not the inverse or else it enter in nlf

There's no indications he can copy time, or at least Seraphina's power. Specially because he hadn't hit his 4 power limit yet.

Not that it matters if he can or can't, because he already starts with 4 on this one.

After John taught seraphina how to fight, one of the biggest advantages he could have over her was gone. I'd say he should still have the skill advantage, but not by that much.
This time,John starts with 2 more abilities and a clear mind, wich will help him immensely in making good use of his versatility in this situation.
Problem is, Seraphina's single ability is overwhelming and she also has a noticeable Ap advantage due to a higher ability level.

Still, i'd say John wins more times than not with this set of powers, Arlo's shield with Tanner's regeneration should allow him to last longer and gain an edge on survivability, while Isen's hunter and Ventus' whirlwind would allow him to keep pressure on her even from afar, Likely landing hits when her timestop ends.
Obviously won't be an easy battle in any way, tho.

Not that it matters if he can or can't, because he already starts with 4 on this one.

After John taught seraphina how to fight, one of the biggest advantages he could have over her was gone. I'd say he should still have the skill advantage, but not by that much.
This time,John starts with 2 more abilities and a clear mind, wich will help him immensely in making good use of his versatility in this situation.
Problem is, Seraphina's single ability is overwhelming and she also has a noticeable Ap advantage due to a higher ability level.

Still, i'd say John wins more times than not with this set of powers, Arlo's shield with Tanner's regeneration should allow him to last longer and gain an edge on survivability, while Isen's hunter and Ventus' whirlwind would allow him to keep pressure on her even from afar, Likely landing hits when her timestop ends.
Obviously won't be an easy battle in any way, tho.
Finally a real reply. Thank you. Also, I was thinking about how the match would go if he had Zeke’s Phase Shift instead of the Whirlwind. He’d lose the range advantage but gain speed advantage. What do you say?

Dodging Seraphina is going to be hard when she can literally freeze you in place. Speed amp or not, i still see john needing to rely on tanking and endurance a lot, but since Seraphina is mostly a melee fighter he can still land hits better.
But i say seraphina would take it due to the lack of survivability being bad for john, still a very hard diff for seraphina.

Dodging Seraphina is going to be hard when she can literally freeze you in place. Speed amp or not, i still see john needing to rely on tanking and endurance a lot, but since Seraphina is mostly a melee fighter he can still land hits better.
But i say seraphina would take it due to the lack of survivability being bad for john, still a very hard diff for seraphina.
Hmm, okay. Also, the Phase Shift ability gives you hardened skin, and since Seraphina doesn't have a one-hit kill method like John (slashing, crushing), and she can only freeze time for a few seconds, I think John can tank the hits and then instantly regenerate and counter-attack. Not to mention, he'll have the Barrier for defense, too. So that's double layers of defense stacked. But, since that's not the combo being used right now, I'll take your vote for the other comment.

Hmm, okay. Also, the Phase Shift ability gives you hardened skin, and since Seraphina doesn't have a one-hit kill method like John (slashing, crushing), and she can only freeze time for a few seconds, I think John can tank the hits and then instantly regenerate and counter-attack. Not to mention, he'll have the Barrier for defense, too. So that's double layers of defense stacked. But, since that's not the combo being used right now, I'll take your vote for the other comment.
Sera can just break through the barrier with sheer force and this will hurt John too

Sera can just break through the barrier with sheer force and this will hurt John too
(using my list of abilities)

1. Takes time, which she needs.
2. She can't break it unscathed if it's surrounded by whirlwinds
3. He can heal himself.
4. He flies so she can't reach him.
5. GGs

(using Phase Shift instead of Whirlwinds)

1. John distances himself quickly
2. Time stops and Seraphina advances, takes a few seconds.
3. Tries breaking the barrier, takes time, again.
4. After breaking it, she hits John, he tanks the stacked damage.
5. Regenerates, and blitzes her.
6. GGs

Back