• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Is very hard to say, Jin seems to have the versatility advantage with his clones and stats amp, but Thor has better control of his elemental abilites due to his god physiology and is likely much stronger. Let think about it.

Jin is 1.0334480000000001e+48 joules and Thor is 2.7625e46 joules (no tnt so joules sorry). So Jin is 37 times stronger

He is much weaker than Thor when is not boosted with Na Bong Chim Acupuncture, he still remains in high 4-C.

What the op never restricted that sure he maybe weaker if we say they met and Jin is in base its not like Jin can't go into that form if he wants.

I would like to say the monkey king win this by overwhelm Thor with his clones, stats amp, size manipulation and being slighty stronger.

Although, Thor has interdimentional travel so if he is trapped in the gourd, he can easily get out of there.

He also has better control over his elemental powers, he can use is electricity attacks even without Mjolnir while Jin needs kinton-un to do so, as well boost his stats with Warrior Madness like Jin with na bong chim acupunture.

His mystics Forcefield can help a lot, even more for being able to absorb most kind of energy, and his abilitie to negate magic attacks can get rid of Jin powers + far more experience is a pretty good advantage when is comes to deitys.

So yeah, being 37 stronger doesn't tranlate to a instant win, i do say Thor with 7,5/10 diff.

@ Cropfist

From the scan it looks more like Thor transmuted the air around Absorbing Man into Helium though. And he never used transmutation on someone of his level, from what I can see on respect threads :/

Also Thor's stat-amp takes away his rational thoughts, so it may make him vulnerable to tactical/ skillful fighters like Jin

I'm not giving my vote yet, though

^ The last panel implies that Thor transmuted the air around Absorbing Man into helium so that Absorbing Man absorbs and turns into the element "he came in contact with"

I mean Thor transmuted the air AROUND Absorbing Man only, so the peanut gallery wouldn't have trouble breathing. The possibility that the writer didn't take the mobs' breathing difficulty into account must not be overlooked either, given classic comics are full of silly moments

Funny that I was looking for Thor's transmutation abilities and saw that exact scan like 30 mins ago. But my point that Thor never used transmutation on others of his level still stands. Transmutation is a funny ability that can be down-right terrifying or count as OHK but we rarely see someone transmutes someone of their level

I'm talking more about it's rather unimpressive for a Solar System buster to be only capable of transmuting air into helium and a pyramid into a forest. PIS is in effect for Thor all the time as well, so we never know if he can transmute, say, even the likes of Iron Man or Namor

Edit: A question for GoH experts: Can Jin clone himself after boosting himself to Solar System level? That alone can play a huge factor in this fight

I would not say it's unimpressive, he effortless trasmutated a whole pyramid in a forest, but i think that the extend of this abilities is still unknown.

Whatever, Thor still take this with or without trasmutation.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
I'm talking more about it's rather unimpressive for a Solar System buster to be only capable of transmuting air into helium and a pyramid into a forest. PIS is in effect for Thor all the time as well, so we never know if he can transmute, say, even the likes of Iron Man or Namor
Edit: A question for GoH experts: Can Jin clone himself after boosting himself to Solar System level? That alone can play a huge factor in this fight
i believe he can. he never said he can't but he only does it when he deems necessary

Byakushiki Setsura said:
Yes. Acupuncture has no effect on his capacity to use his other abilities apart from massively boosting them

@Huesito

There are several feats in that link, actually. I think Matt's referring to the double Mjolnir feat that is actually ~1.27 times stronger than Jin's feat.

Also why on Earth don't I see Flight in Jin's profile when he was fighting Satan in space? If he can't even fly, Thor BFRs him.

I am talking about how Thor could erase Jin with an anti-matter blast. Or hypnotize him. Or stop time. Or BFR him into the 6th Dimension. Or manipulate magnetism better than Magneto. Or transmute his internal organs into other stuff. Etc.

I know haxes > ap majority of the time I was just trying to tell matt that he was mistaken

That double mjolnir feat was the feat I listed way above still way weaker

How quickly is Thor likely to use these hax? Cause if he doesn't use them right of the bat, he is likely to get pummled to death.

@Huesito

Don't know where you got that from. The double Mjolnir feat yielded 315956000300000 yottatons, translating to 1.322e+48 J. That's stronger than the Jin feat you put up there.

@PostmodernD

Thor uses energy blasts and dimensional portals for BFR all the time. And if he's ~1.27 times stronger, he ain't getting pummeled to death. Let's not forget Thor has a Hammer that doubles as a Homing Attack, and he's perfectly capable of projecting lightning and energy from his body by himself.

@Monarch & Matt

Perhaps these abilites should be listed in their profiles, because not everyone can read every chapter/ issue of GoH/ Thor to know these abilities

Seems I have mistakened on which feat you mentioned. Also I double checked and yeah I got 1.3219599052552e48 joules as the conversion too.

So with that problem regarding whose feat yields higher result resolved, I'll vote for Thor now. Even without those hax powers Matthew mentioned, Thor still has dimensional portals for BFR which can double as a counter to Jin's sealing, energy and lightning projection from his body even without the use of Mjolnir that can imbue his physical strikes, Mjolnir can be controlled mid-flight and can strike Jin as many times as Thor wants while maintaining a distance or can even deal with Jin's clones. Add in his force-field and mystic power negation. Oh, and all those are totally attacks in-character for Thor.

Back