• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jimmy Hopkins VS School of Chaos Player (A high school bully tries to beat up a 2nd grader)

Itching powder still viable tho.

Going incon, both sides have their own advantages, and this is just a matter of whoever makes the first mistake.

Okay, so the main crux of it here for me is the prep time. If Player can't find out Jimmy's stats during that time, then the moment where he gets in close should be enough for Jimmy to blast him. I'm leaning Jimmy because of that, but we'll see

Another thing, doesn't Nerd Rage have a random chance for activation and random damage output? It doesn't seem to be as reliable as the previous arguments are making it

True, it is random, but well timed counters ignore the damage. Also, the Nerd Rage CAN one shot if done very correctly.

Emphasis on CAN, not WILL, since the activation chance is random and so is the damage. As described on Player's profile, "...Nerd Rage technique takes many counters to trigger, and can sometimes backfire on themselves through recoil damage if performed incorrectly." The crux of the Player argument seems to be that Nerd Rage will put Jimmy down, but the technique seems too unreliable to be the ace in the hole.

Jimmy's damage is much more consistent and can fight at full power even after taking heavy punishment. While Player may be smarter, Jimmy can fight for hours on end (4-6 for the final mission, 19 at max) and only needs a few hits to beat Player. If Player makes it a ranged fight, Jimmy will as well; he fights Preppies with slingshots regularly, has provided sniper cover for students, can hit moving targets fairly easily, and was able to avoid Earnest's potato turret and bring him down with just his slingshot. It may be difficult, but I think Jimmy will take this

One last thing, I read the rules again and it says "week of prep time" and "full arsenal." With that, this fight can lean even more towards Jimmy. If he knows Player's arsenal, then he'll know being up close isn't ideal, so he can stick to range and wear his green ninja suit, which boosts his projectile range and damage. Also, even if the Stink Bombs don't work because of the gas mask, Itching Powder definitely will. Even if it does get into a close combat fight, his AP advantage is still big enough to end it quickly (The 7 MJ is low end, he's 14.6 MJ max as shown here ). I'm voting Jimmy for these reasons

The High Low end was the one accepted though...

But your vote is counted regardless.

I just forgot that green suit can be used here given prep.

Voting for Jimbo FRA.

So now the vote is:

Jimmy: 5 (GoCommitDi, Sorvoe551, Steven Pogi Potato, Joaco0902, I'm Blue daba dee daba die)

Player: 3 (NathanN36, Buttersamuri, Ionliosite)

Incon: 0

Also to further support my vote for jimmy, if he uses his prep to gain info about the player's Nerd Rage, that would just lead to Jimmy spamming the rubber band ball and/or stink bombs

Just for the record, the player is going to be 1.43637624014 megajoules from a recalc, which has yet to be accepted.

Back