• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ellie fights a bully (Jimmy Hopkins vs Ellie Williams) (1-2-0)

King_Dom470

He/Him
The Rules:
  • Both in character but want to win
  • Both are equipped with a baseball bat
  • Speed equalized
  • TLOU2 ellie is used
  • SBA for everything else

"I only give people what they have coming to them": (athe1412)

Siapa Itu Jimmy Hopkins di Bully? Ini Penjelasannya

"After all we've been through...Everything that I've done, it can't be for nothing.": (dinamic8000, ThePrimalHunter)

923886 4K, video games, The Last of Us, Naughty Dog, Ellie, blood, The Last  of Us 2 - Rare Gallery HD Wallpapers

Last edited:
Never played Bully of TLOU2, but i know that: person that fights other adults actively trying to kill her >>>> person that fight bullies

Jimmy physically outclasses Ellie (even without a weapon) AND he can take Ellie's weapon away then skill stomp her with actual martial arts knowledge. Voting Jimmy.

Jimmy physically outclasses Ellie (even without a weapon) AND he can take Ellie's weapon away then skill stomp her with actual martial arts knowledge. Voting Jimmy.
Ellie has faught against entire small armies of military squadrens, infected, and has been living in the post apocalyptic world for the past 19 years and had military training under the fireflies. This is definetly not a skill stomp for Jimmy

Not to mention that Ellie has stealth mastery good enough to hide from opponents with superhuman levels of hearing and hearing good enough to counter those with stealth mastery. Nothing is really stopping Ellie from just going into hiding and getting the jump on him repeatedly. Or just stabbing him in the neck if she has her swiss blade. She has been facing bloaters for the past 5 years of her life, so someone as strong as Jimmy isn't all that new to her

Voting Ellie

I just want to say, I’m kinda surprised the explosive arrow in the Lou2 has been calculated yet. That thing can literally turn people into mist (2:12), and Ellie can survive it at point blank range.

I just want to say, I’m kinda surprised the explosive arrow in the Lou2 has been calculated yet. That thing can literally turn people into mist (2:12), and Ellie can survive it at point blank range.

Ok, that would make it a stomp in Ellie's favor if she can indeed tank her own explosives.

Ellie has faught against entire small armies of military squadrens, infected, and has been living in the post apocalyptic world for the past 19 years and had military training under the fireflies. This is definetly not a skill stomp for Jimmy

Not to mention that Ellie has stealth mastery good enough to hide from opponents with superhuman levels of hearing and hearing good enough to counter those with stealth mastery. Nothing is really stopping Ellie from just going into hiding and getting the jump on him repeatedly. Or just stabbing him in the neck if she has her swiss blade. She has been facing bloaters for the past 5 years of her life, so someone as strong as Jimmy isn't all that new to her

Voting Ellie
Counted

I watched a stream the other day when someone fired it straight at their own feet and Ellie survived. But I would need to find that as I don’t own the game to get footage of that myself. Even going off what we have now, I just meant I’m surprised it has been calculated yet.

Voting Ellie
All the experience won't help her when she's fighting an opponent who is basically a Bloater with eyes and actual martial arts skills. Most of Ellie's close-range combat feats are performed with the use of a weapon that Jimmy can get rid of with his skill at disarming opponents. When not carrying around a baseball bat, Ellie still needs to use the knife to reliably damage her opponents which suggests that she's not as strong as Joe or Abby, both of which are also not strong enough to beat a Bloater with just their fists. The only time when Ellie used her hands was against a malnourished Abby who would have easily killed her otherwise. Hell, Clickers are consistently shown to be able to overpower all three of them when they have no weapons.

That hearing sure would have helped against Abby. While I don't doubt she can get the jump on Jimmy, would it really help much? If you managed to sneak up on a Bloater just to slam it in the head with a bat, what do you think will happen next? That's right. It turns around, grabs you, and rips your jaws off. Jimmy can do that to Ellie if he wanted, but he's a good kid so he might just knock her out. Every time she has ever faced a Bloater, she did it with far more than just a baseball bat.

Last edited:
Wait, why does Ellie only get a bat here. That’s like not even standard equipment for her. Not even a knife, which she’s skilled in using, or her bow? I get that guns would horribly out range billy and shoot him down, but I feel like a bow with non explosive arrows would be more fair than giving her a weapon she isn’t even the most skilled in.

Most of Ellie's close-range combat feats are performed with the use of a weapon that Jimmy can get rid of with his skill at disarming opponents.
They have equal LS and I really doubt Ellie would let Jimmy grab her bat. Plus, kind of difficult to grab something if you don't know where it's going to come from
she's not as strong as Joe or Abby, both of which are also not strong enough to beat a Bloater with just their fists.
They technically can, albeit with great amounts of difficulty

That hearing sure would have helped against Abby
Abby herself also has incredibly good stealth abilities. Good enough to hide from clickers who have superhuman levels of hearing. I'm not suprised that she could jump Ellie
While I don't doubt she can get the jump on Jimmy, would it really help much?
Yes, because if she has her switchblade, there goes his jugular vein. If she doesn't have her blade, she would know how to craft shivs. Idk where the fight takes place though, so this might not be able to happen
If you managed to sneak up on a Bloater just to slam it in the head with a bat, what do you think will happen next? That's right. It turns around, grabs you, and rips your jaws off
The power of hit-and-run tactics, which Ellie knows how to do
Jimmy can do that to Ellie if he wanted, but he's a good kid so he might just knock her out.
This is another point. Both are in-character, but want to win. I'm not sure how Jimmy reacts to things, but you said that he's a good kid and probably won't be trying to kill her. Ellie is pretty much just naturaly bloodlusted by this point and is pretty damn brutal. The only time in the entire 2nd game where she wasn't was during the snowball fight scene with the 12 year old kids. She's going to be a lot more ruthless than Jimmy

They are in New York based off SBA, so maybe she could make a shiv. Though I’m pretty sure if she makes it out of real life materials found in neutral New York it’s not going to be strong enough to do anything to Bully.

With the current Op and stats I’m voting Bully. One good hit and Ellie’s laid out. And she’s using a weapon she is vastly less proficient in (that could likely break on Bully because he’s far stronger).

If Ellie gets upgraded because the explosive arrows should be calculated (or if she is given anything more decent than a bat) I would vote for her.

Last edited:
Shivs made out of 24 year old scissors, scrap metal and duck tape can kill clickers with a good stab. I think New York might have something

But that’s with lou verse materials. Real life metal from our neutral world is purely regular metal and scrap. A real life barely 9-C scrap metal shiv is very likely going to break on Bully’s neck.

I’ve always heard he has ridiculously high ap for this tier, but never actually knew why. 8 MJ is pretty freaking monstrous my god.

you said that he's a good kid and probably won't be trying to kill her
Jimmy is a good kid, yeah, but he's a very ruthless fighter, and saying he's gonna be hesitant with hitting a girl is a load of BS. He constantly goes for spitting in the eyes, groin kicks, stomping against the foot, all that. He also tossed explosive footballs at the Jocks and humiliated them in front of the entire school just because they were bullying his friend. And let's not forget SBA literally says this:

"Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences. The characters will assume their opponents have not been forced into battle."

But yeah, 'tis an AP stomp for Jimbo. Even then, he's more than capable of surviving stabs contrary to popular belief.

Last edited:
Back