• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil) vs Chun-Li (Street Fighter)

Chun is at a disadvantage in speed, but has an advantage in AP, as well as the ability to amp her own stats. I do think Chun could outskill, though, but don't quote me on that.

I don't think any human in the verse scales to the Tyrants, they never fight them physically and are portrayed as largely inferior.

Not even their profiles scale them to Tyrants, only to common zombies, whose highest dura feat is 0.003 tons of tnt.

In fact, it appears characters like Jill, Chris, Leon etc.. have likely 9-A for no real reason, as even crushing the head of a zombie wouldn't still be enough to push them to baseline 9-A (which is 0.005 tons).

I don't think any human in the verse scales to the Tyrants, they never fight them physically and are portrayed as largely inferior.

Not even their profiles scale them to Tyrants, only to common zombies, whose highest dura feat is 0.003 tons of tnt.

In fact, it appears characters like Jill, Chris, Leon etc.. have likely 9-A for no real reason, as even crushing the head of a zombie wouldn't still be enough to push them to baseline 9-A (which is 0.005 tons).
They can survive a number of hits from them (At least that in the remake). Being able to not get one-shot should mean they're comparable, right?

We separate original and remakes, but do such feats come from cutscenes or anything else that isn't gameplay? Because we tend to avoid using gameplay and game mechanics to scale stats.

Probably 9-A with weapons.

The profiles seprate between physical AP and Weapon AP, and the former still is (partially) 9-A.
They also have 9-A striking strength, but that also seems to come from them killing 9-B zombies.

I mean, she kills the Tyrant that performed the 9-A feat...

Does she kill it with physical strikes?

If that's the case, it should be added to her page.

No, with weapons.

Then they already have 9-B to High 8-C weapons, the problem is that their physicals are also rated as likely 9-A for no real reason.

A CRT might be warranted, but I feel like it wouldn't be short and further research will be required to try finding more evidences, something I totally don't have the time to do.

I forget but I think Leon has a 9-A feat? Memory is super foggy though, I'll go look.

If they dig out of soil, obviously that doesnt apply, would be a very low end 9-B feat at best if it's just clumpy soil.

Though, I'm pretty sure they have taken hits from the Tyrants before, in cinematics (put them on their ******* ass maybe, but survive they did). Chris and Ada I think off the top of my head?

Though, isnt this the amped Jill? Not her normal form?

Yes, amped by the mind control device

Though, I'm pretty sure they have taken hits from the Tyrants before, in cinematics (put them on their ******* ass maybe, but survive they did). Chris and Ada I think off the top of my head?
I believe scaling would depend on how severe the damage was, if they basically got incapped, they shouldn't scale even if they survived.

Definitely not 9-A, PE is ******* garbage, and the KE might be ok, after all it's a huge ass boulder (though the material would kinda hit it a tad, I've done calcs involving volcanic debris and boulders before, they tend to be slightly lighter than normal rock due to how they're formed and the area), but the speed is still not very high, it's easily 9-B to 9-B+ but 9-A? Doubt it.

If they dig out of soil, obviously that doesnt apply, would be a very low end 9-B feat at best if it's just clumpy soil.

Though, isnt this the amped Jill? Not her normal form?
Tyrant encounters range from Wesker being one-shot to most of them either doing heavy damage or winding the characters, but the Tyrant that one-shot Wesker was a limited T-002, the Super Tyrant stage being the one that performed the 9-A feat.

In short, limited Tyrants are 9-B, and they still kick the ass of the cast with their strikes.

For the match, I'd say the one with the two submachine guns (yes, she has those in this key) wins the match.

So I think that's a vote for Jill. Any other votes?

I mean, doesn't this version of Jill mainly go for CQC?

If we discard Tyrant scaling, Chun-Li's well over the 7.5X AP/dura difference required to oneshot, according to our rules for vs matches.

I think it's fair to assume that if she's at a certain distance away she'd use her SMH's rather than rush her opponent. Plus she uses them straight after her Chris and Sheva are done with Wesker

I wouldn't be totally sure, and with high distance come better chances for Chun-Li to avoid the bullets, given her speed and acrobatics, and once Jill ends her ammunitions she's basically done.

This might not be a total stomp, but Jill's only chance is to successfully gun Chun-Li down before going out of ammunitions or be hit by something, either a physical attack or a projectile.

Back