• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Loud noises and blurry images is all Chun-Li can perceive, when she finds herself in the middle of this chaos. She feels dizzy, as she doesn't know what is going on, and also can't remember what just happened. Returning to her senses, she notices to be in a city, but not a normal one.
Everything is in ruins, flames run wild and screams come from the mouth of unseeable people. Raccon City used to be a place filled with human life, but now it has been replaced by horror.
Chun-Li just has the time to check her surroundings, that a mysterious figure emerges from a cloud of smoke down the road.
It seems a human being, and she is about to start moving towards it, when a deep voice stops her in place.

STAAAARSSS.....

That was neither human nor friendly, she could clearly tell that. It's live or die now.

• Original Nemesis in his first key is used.
  • Chun-Li has her gun (i.e. optional equipment)
  • The battle takes place in Raccoon City from Resident Evil 3.
  • Speed is NOT equalized. Chun-Li scales a little below Mach 1.2 and the Nemesis upscales from Mach 1.8
  • Starting distance is 50 meters.
  • Nemesis' AP is above 0.02 tons, as it upscales from the previous Tyrant model, and Chun-Li scales to 0.04 tons

Chun-Li:

Nemesis: 7 (JoshSSJGod, Colonel Krukov, SOULOFCINDERX, ZoroNotZolo, Shmooply, Armerish, Popted2)

Inconclusive:

165-1653277_vs-marvel-vs-capcom-3-chun-li.png

nemesis-1.png

Last edited:
It stabs you with one of his tentacles and infects you with the T-Virus.
This caused Jill to fall unconscious immediately, remaining in such condition for one to two days (there's no definitive version) and had to be quickly treated with a vaccie in order to not turn into a zombie.

From what I've read I'm leaning towards Nemesis here.

While Chun is stronger, Nemesis seems to have every other advantage. He is faster than Chun (ironic), has a higher lifting strength, higher range thanks to his rocket launcher, a decent regen factor to heal wounds that Chun deal and also has the ability to end the fight via infecting Chun with the T-Virus which combined with the already mentioned speed advantage would give Nemy a fairly solid wincon.

Counted, tho I have to point out that the Nemesis' regen works overtime, reason why Jill coul take him down several times by dealing enough damage, despite that. (It's also in his weaknesses on the wiki)

I think incap, being slightly stronger and smarter. But it's highly unlikely due to how easy Nemesis can infect her.

Question: what are Chun's wincons here?
She has much better combat skill, mobility and intelligence than the Nemesis, who basically goes with clumsy H2H when in close range, and she is about 2/1.5 times stronger.
She also has the speed and agility to avoid rockets, if the situation makes it viable (like, she's not going to avoid a point blank rocket, but that situation is unlikely to happen).

I know grace has ended, but I really wanted to comment on this.

Well then, let's analyse!

AP: While Nemesis does use weaponry, it isn't the kind that really magnifies his AP. Chun-Li is stronger and has many ways to empower herself. In this topic, Chun-Li unquestionably hits harder.

LS: Yeah, Nemesis has this in the bag. Chun-Li might have a bit more skill in breaking out of grabs and even maybe in performing them, and being smaller, her center of gravity is lower... But Nemesis has a ridiculously greater LS and, well, grabbing and throwing people is rather simple. Worse, he is someone who proactively uses it if he needs to get close, which Chun-Li would do, given how she fights. Hard W for Nemesis here.

Toughness: This is interesting. Nemesis has regeneration and can grow tentacles, in the absence of limbs. Chun-Li has more raw durability, better defensive skills and better mobility. (I'll comment on that in particular soon) Basically, Nemesis is the stone wall here, while Chun-Li can avoid and take harm better than Nemesis can. Both are tough, but in different ways. I think Nemesis has the edge here thanks to the regeneration and stamina, but it is a very nuanced thing, that ought to be taken in consideration.

Speed & Agility: This is the bit that is most determinant for the fight, to be honest. Chun-Li is actually slower than Nemesis. Her advantages here is that she is much more skilled, which maximizes the efficiency of her moves (But just a bit); she is way more mobile, both in combat (As Nemesis really isn't very keen on dodging, he just sorta lumbers towards the target) and in actual options; (She can leap extremely high, she has very developed acrobactics) and lastly, she has plenty of moves that enhance her speed, even if only for a few moments. Nemesis' rocket launcher wouldn't be that good against Chun-Li, as it isn't fast enough to blitz her, and she is more than mobile enough to have no problems avoiding it. However, Chun-Li's fighting style isn't one to stay afar and pummel Nemesis, she'd try to get close. And there, she'd have problems with Nemesis' superior speed, who could probably grab her and, in the best scenario, throw her away easily, thus forcing the situation to re-start, or at worst, he grapples with her to submission.

This is a very curious scenario. He has the raw speed, but everything else is in her advantage. She is fine until she gets close, which she kinda needs to do. Even if she notices his sheer speed and tries to work around it (Footwork, volume striking, trying to keep her distance), it would be very hard and costly, and it would soon become a stamina match, of the kind she'd have a disadvantage compared to Nemesis.

Interestingly, she has greater movement speed. Hm...

Powers & Abilities: Nothing much to tell here. Chun-Li has way more powers, which she uses better than Nemesis and are way more applicable. The thing is that Nemesis' mid-regen and his tentacle growth are really good.

Intangibles/Other Factors: That Chun-Li's more skilled, that is no surprise. The big thing here that makes the melee so hard for her is that Nemesis has a much greater range. He can grab her first than she can ordinarily hit him, or if need to be, step in to grab her, using his superior speed.

My veredict? I believe that Chun-Li ought to win with incredibly high difficulties. She'd get borked hard at the beginning, and a stamina match would be quite bad for her, but I believe that she could adopt a hit-and-run strategy, using her superior movement, mobility and more powrful projectiles, alongside with Nemesis' lumbering way of moving, while avoiding his rockets. She could use her crumpling effects to land even more hits and gradually chip away at his regen and to charge in while he's down, and gradually get stronger alongside the fight due to her awakened power, enhancing moves and all that.

What do you think of Nemesis' T-Virus? It would instantly incap her.

Also, his regen doesn't really kick in mid-fight, it takes time and is more about reactive mutations rather than restoring flesh.

It instantly caused Jill to go unconscious, tho he needs to first grab the victim and then pull out his tentacles to stab them, since this is his first form.

Anyway, if you change your vote to the Nemesis, then I will add it now.

Should I make Jill vs Chun-Li, or does someone else want to make it?

The monster was clearly not human, or at least not anymore, thus Chun-Li didn't feel the need to hold back.
Dodging its attacks was rather easy. It had astonishing speed, which surprised Chun-Li at first, but its movements were clumsy and predictable. It was going fairly well for her, for every missed punch, the Nemesis got repaid by several kicks around its body, clearly taking damage, although it didn't seem to be suffering the pain.

Is this another of Shadaloo's hellish experiments?

After awhile, the fight was seemingly about to end, with the creature eventually forced to its knees. However, it suddendly rose once again, exploding in a tremendous roar, while several tentacles started to come out of its body, tearing its robe apart and expelling disgusting fluids and piece of its flesh.

The monster lunged forward with even higher speed, extending the tendrils to incredible distance. Chun-Li managed to avoid the first ones, but fatigue was starting to having effect on her. The tentacles coming from the arm were particularly big, long and thick, and so she couldn't avoid being grabbed by the leg during a jump.
The Nemesis' hold was like iron, not even Zangief could exert such strength, and Chun-Li got rapidly wrapped up.

The monster was clearly incredibly upset and out of its mind even for the standard of such creature. Exhaling its fetid breath right into Chun-Li's face, it drove his tentacles right into her body, causing her to scream in pain, just to fall unconscious a second after.

Now that the fight was over, the Nemesis had the chance to take a closer look at its victim, and the result was dissapointing.

GGRRRRR... STARS...NOT...

As if nothing happened, it turned around, leaving Chun-Li laying on the ground.
Is this the future that awaits the heroic Street Fighter?

But, a moment after, the Nemesis tilted its head once again?

...???... UGH... STAAAAAAARRRRRSSSSS!!!!

As if summoned by a miracle, a group of people came out from the flames that were engulfing the city. They were of the military, apparently, all armed with heavy weapons.

Quick! We made in time! Dispatch of the Tyrant while its weakened, it will not be able to regenerate from this!

Repaid by its own coin, the stunned and tired Nemesis got stormed by a flurry of missiles and bullets, meeting its end in a way history didn't plan.

I believe we can still save her!

These heroes took the unconscious Chun-Li with them, taking her to a roughly-fashioned medical center, treating her with a medicine. They knew what had happened to her, and how to cure it.

From that day, still forced to remain in this world, Chun-Li became one of the most important assets of the battle against the Umbrella Corporation and its dreadfulbio-weapons.
She also finally succeeded in meeting one of the people who saved her, who recognized her astonishing strength and skill. Wanting to test this woman from another world, and her own abilities, Jill Valentine challenged Chun-Li to a sparring match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back