• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
[Redo of an old thread because I didn't want to necro]

It was a dark night in Gotham City. As was to be expected, criminal activities reared their heads in various forms. However, in the black abyss of the Gotham night, there would be shadows, and one in the shadows to strike fear in their hearts, the boogeyman that made them look over their shoulders, the Bat. Yet there were times when the Bat could not be present to fly into the night, so there would be another...

Cassandra Cain, better known by her current alter ego Batgirl was patrolling Gotham City. Bruce had prior engagements with other members of the Justice League involving an unusual threat. Dick Grayson was currently tracking down someone who had committed a series of murders in Bludhaven. The whereabouts of Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damien Wayne were also unknown. This left her handling affairs in Gotham City on her own for the time being. However, she also had something of her own she wanted to investigate. She had caught wind of the GCPD investigating what appeared to be the criminal organization Shadaloo appearing in Gotham. He hadn't heard back from Batman about the incident because he hadn't gotten much of a chance to investigated with his presence being needed elsewhere. Unbeknownst to her, however, is that someone else was looking into this.

Chun-Li, a detective at Interpol, had always been hot on the trail of Shadaloo and had played crucial roles in helping to uncover and foil previous plans. Now, she was here in Gotham after also catching wind of the possibility of Shadaloo being present in Gotham City. Walking into the GCPD building, she made her way to Commissioner Gordon and conversed with him.

"With all due respect, Detective, the Gotham City Police Department is more than capable of dealing with this threat..." He said.

"And with all due respect, Commissioner, it's not a request. This investigation is no longer in your jurisdiction..." Chun-Li answered, "I have dealt with Shadaloo before. And this city is a hotspot for metahuman criminals and masked vigilantes, all of which are things that they could potentially leverage to their advantage. I would like all the information you have on this investigation, effective immediately."

Clearly this case was more personal than Chun-Li made it out to be, but regardless, there was nothing he could do about it to intervene. Even though his hands were tied, he was aware of allies that operated on not-so-standard procedure.

Cassandra had gathered a fair amount of intel from lower-ranking Shadaloo agents she had tracked down, and it didn't take long before Chun-Li got word of a person in a bat-like outfit tracking down a vehicle and taking it down via Batarangs to the tires. The vehicle crashed, and Batgirl took down the thugs, interrogating the only one that was conscious.

Not long after the goon starts talking, Chun-Li has arrived on the scene.

"You're under arrest for interfering with an Interpol investigation..." Chun-Li said, "I don't care if you work with the GCPD or even with the Batman. This case is out of your jurisdiction."

"It's not interfering if I'm here first..." Batgirl answered, knocking out the thug and turning toward Chun-Li.

"You can either come quietly, or I can bring you in the hard way..." The detective answered.

The menacing vigilante in black said nothing, silently staring down the Interpol officer.

"Hard way it is..." Chun-Li responded, breaking the silence of the Gotham night.

FIGHT!

(Also, sorry if they don't seem in character at times, especially for Cassandra Cain. I haven't read enough comics with her to really get a grasp of her character and all.)

Chun-Li VS Cassandra Cain.

Speed is equalized.

Starting Distance: 5 meters

Both characters have some prior knowledge of the other.

Victory by K.O. or incapacitation.

Chun-Li - 0
Cassandra - 0
Inconclusive - 0

Back