• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jetstream Sam vs Stella Vermillion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And does she open with it? Sam might just Blade Mode everything around him to finally know where she is and see everything as time is slowed down :v

It's phantom form. It's a form of her device not a move. If she does phantom form (which is likely to happen i'd say cus she wouldn't really kill, and her attacks would totally overkill normal ppl), all her attacks gain those properties. Her flame included. So she will be attacking with balls of fire which can 1 shot.

00potato said:
If he can endure being burned like SS says then he should be fine with just the pain.
Well if his suit has resistance to heat it's not much of a feat. Cus he's not enduring it, the suit is. And either way it's just resistance to heat, not to pain.

Idk if Sam has pain inhibitors. He can use Repair Nanopaste and absorb spines of cyborgs to heal, so his suit should be at least fully attached to his skin/nerves. He can feel pain but cyborgs can turn off/on pain inhibitors.

Ionliosite said:
Which is the win con of Jetstream? I know Stella can Phantom Form him, so I want to know what he can do.
Sam can basically slice through her like hot knife through butter. If it's not her opening move, he should destroy here.

Sam can basically slice through her like hot knife through butter. If it's not her opening move, he should destroy here.

Phantom Form is not a move, is a state the sword is in, so she can perfectly pull the trick from the start because of the sword's status.

Well, Jack stated he has some cyborg enhancements. Before the enhancements he was pretty damn vulnerable to pain, but later in his fight with Jack he gave no *****. I'm pretty sure nanosuits are attached to one's body in cyborg way because he literally can heal by cyborg exoskeleton and use Repair Nanopaste.

I kinda stated those at the beginning. He can amp his attack speed more tha 10x with Iaido Quick Draw and Blade Mode, use electromagnetic grenades to stun her, any slice would actually kill her if she gets cut et cetera.

What are you talking about? Twellas and Prince of Counters gave arguments

Arguments on how Stella's sword's Invulnerability works and what can bypass it, not about the actual fight.

SpookyShadow said:
I kinda stated those at the beginning. He can amp his attack speed more tha 10x with Iaido Quick Draw, use electromagnetic grenades to stun her, any slice would actually kill her if she gets cut et cetera.
Yes but 6x unconscious amps.

Range advantage

1 shots on Stella's side

00potato said:
His amps are better and the HF blades also one shot.
Speed outdoes the range anyway.
His amp is better with a single move. And that's still once he resorts to it. Which is not the case for Stella.

And Speed doesn't outdo range when it's that small of a difference. Even with Laido he's less than 2x faster.

If she runs to attack him with sword (It is in character, yeah? She might try to block it but it's moot) she will get turned to mush with Blade Mode 10x

Are we gonna ignore Sam's vacuum blades that have a ridiculous range and are hitscan, or the fact that HF blades have range that is far greater than the size of the sword itself?

Among Stella's weakness there's "A somewhat hot-blooded, reckless, impulsive, and prideful teenager", and Sam's WHOLE thing is taunting his opponents to get them to make mistakes, he's kinda like Dante in this sense, he only messes around in order to get in his opponent's head, kinda like how he went on his "tool to a swordfight" thing with Jack at the very beginning of the game just so that Jack would get reckless and charge at him, giving him an opportunity to Laido him.

What is gonna happen is that Sam starts by shit talking her (literally all he does) and it would start to get her mad, making her more reckless, she is going to become stronger, but Sam can contend with 120ktonners while being around 1,15, so a 6x amp isn't a problem for him, along with the fact that he has great stamina and pain resistence (was completely unphased by Raiden slashing his chest open during his bossfight, basically unphased by having his arm ripped off by Armstrong, going so far as laughing it off). Sam has a very, VERY keen eye, and he's going to immediately pick up on whatever minute mistake Stella makes, eventually punishing with a Laido strike that is going to get him the victory. He doesn't even need to do that really, in his bossfight he absolutely spams the Laido along with a dash that covers several hundred meters, and he has the Blade Mode that can make him 10 times faster as soon as he gets even a small opening on his opponent.

My vote is for Sam, especially given Stella's character and how Sam seems tailor-made to counter it

Also i am 99% sure he has pain inhibitors, the cast refers to him as a cyborg and all Desperado and WODs have pain inhibitors, this is further supported by the fact that we never see him in pain during the game, not even when he's stabbed through the heart by Raiden (yeah he gags and falls, but it's because he's human and he just suffered a fatal injury, he clearly isn't in pain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back