• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
A remnant of the old Royale thread I did which, funnily enough, still seems viable despite the upgrades these two characters have gotten.

Rules

• Random encounter.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Both characters are IC.
  • Battle takes place here.
  • Winner by death or incapacitation.
Vote Count

• Jedah: 0
  • Aureolus Izzard: 7 (Yomi Schwarz, LordAizenSama, Bepo4151, Theglassman12, LazyHunter, JustSomeWeirdo, Gothika47 DarkDragonMedeus)
  • Inconclusive: 0

From what I know about him:

• He can only be harmed by every fourth attack that's sent his way thanks to Duma's Gift.
  • He can copy his opponent's range with the Animus Ring.
  • He can teleport his opponents away.
  • He can summon monsters which duplicate themselves nigh-endlessly.
  • He can resist status-effects. (Such as sleep and paralysis)
Pretty sure Izzard can still kill him, but the guy's got his own ways of evening this out. Duma's Gift also makes him hard to kill for obvious reasons.

Might have trouble ending the fight early on if his first three attacks are negged, but I suppose I'll count your vote for now.

Well, unless I'm mistaken, "Do not attack me" gets negged by the Animus Ring's range-copying. Izzard's ability to attack his opponent becomes Jedah's, no matter the distance between them.

The above command also needs to be focused on a target IIRC, which will be hard to do when you're also having to deal with Mogalls which multiply themselves infinitely and attack en masse. (He also spams these a lot)

Duma's Gift means he effectively has to say "Die" or some other fatal command four times before Jedah either teleports him away or kills him with his newly-acquired range, as the latter is a glass cannon.

Not pulling for anyone here. Just think you might be rushing to conclusions a bit.

What? It has nothing to do with range. He just cannot attack Izzard in any shape or form.

All Izzard needs to do is think. Die.

Don't see anything changing my opinion here

Yeah, Jedah should take this. He easily has the upperhand in raw power; Solid 8-A vs an 8-B Glass cannon; so Jedah oneshots when he gets the chance. Additionally, Jedah can summon an entire army of 8-A monsters to fight for him; which would at least buy time. There's also the range copying, teleportation, Duma's Oculus, resistance to most of Izzard's hax, and soul manipulation.

I'm voting Jedah for those reasons.

LordAizenSama said:
What? It has nothing to do with range. He just cannot attack Izzard in any shape or form.
"Makes the target unable to touch Aureolus. Though a third party will not notice any changes, no matter how much the target tries they'll be unable to approach even a millimeter more to Aureolus. In fact, from their point of view the distance between them and Aureolus will appear to continuously grow."

I see literally nothing that says he "simply cannot attack him". Only that he cannot approach him or close the distance between them.

What?

>Upperhand in raw power

Wont matter because Izzard is a op reality warper who can cause reality to be warped by his thoughts.

>So jedah oneshots when he gets the chance

He doesn't get the chance. Izzard can kill him with a thought.

>Jedah can summon an entire army of 8-A monsters to fight for him; which would atleast buy time.

Izzard thinks die. Do not attack me. Or whatever else.

>There's also the range copying, teleportation, Duma's Oculus, resistance to most of Izzard's hax, and soul manipulation.

Thats nice powers and all but none of these will get a chance to be used

>resistance to izzards attacks.

No resistance to reality warping.

I didn't realize he had actually voted yet, but sure. I'll count it.

>MrKing I see literally nothing that says he "simply cannot attack him". Only that he cannot approach him or close the distance between them.

Hes a RW. Whatever he thinks becomes reality. If he thinks do not attack me you cannot attack him.

Ars magna is considered one of the most powerful magics in all of history, and if you have seen of the magic in the series it's a pretty big deal

We can't use anything he hasn't shown in-series before. If he hasn't been shown to literally make it so that someone cannot attack him in any way, shape or form, then there's nothing which says he will. And if his powers are driven by the wording of what he says, then that only serves to reinforce the above, since he doesn't use the exact words "Do not attack me" in the series. ("You shall not come nearer to me."/"You shall not touch me.", the command he has actually been shown using to achieve the desired effect, is not the same thing.) Even if it's not a matter of actual ability to do so, it's a matter of his character and whether or not he will.

Yes we can. Its a reasonable assumption.

All that is on his profile is known uses. Whatever he thinks becomes reality. Thats his power, and that's all there is to it. Aslong as it isnt absurd like "I'm tier 0" or something silly. Such a command is well within reason.

His words are only used to help convey his thoughts.

Again, even if he "can", it's a matter of whether or not he "will". He didn't use those exact words on Touma even when the latter appearing as if he was very clearly getting ready to kill him (he kept on trying to counter him by saying "Don't come near me" instead), so there's nothing to suggest he would do so against someone he knows nothing about.

If he had actually done this in-series, it wouldn't be anything to dispute. But he didn't. If someone were to come in and claim that Jedah wins by doing something he's never done in FE, then I would point that out as well.

That reminds me.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
soul manipulation

He doesn't use this in character, I don't think. Not unless Duma is looking for sacrifices.

A thought is something simple to do. A fleeting moment and variations of decision making is all it takes between thinking different thoughts

Theres absolutely no way to determine 100% what he will or will not think. He will use whatever is most convienent for him at the time as the situation sees fit. I'm just listing ways he can get the job done easiest. Thinking of ways of obtaining the quickest and easiest result is in character for him, considering he took a massive shortcut to obtaining ars magna in the first place

Die. Suffocate. Disappear. Kill yourself. Sleep. Rewind time to undo damage or certain unfavourable conditions, mindwipe his opponent, etc etc

Aurolus thinks "Die" and Jedah falls over dead.

Jedah doesn't appear to have anything that would prevent the several ways Aureolus can use to kill or mess with him once the fight starts. No resistances to Aureolus hax, his higher durability and AP mean nothing against a reality warper like Aureolus and the Oculus thing is such an obvious NLF I find it laughable someone tries to claim it can negate RW without presenting any proof.

Trying to argue a command as simple as "Do not attack me" would be impossible for Aureolus is also a laughable attempt to downplay him when we know commands interfering with the minds and abilities of others (such as manipulating memories, preventing others from moving towards or away from him, stopping people from breathing) are easily within Aureolus' capabilities.

And about trying to use the "fight" with Touma as any kind of evidence for how Aureolus uses his powers, I'm not even asking to pay attention to the novel, Aureolus' quote on his page literally explains it. He didn't immediately kill Touma because he didn't want him to die immediately, Aureolus wanted to torture Touma and make him suffer because of what he did. We see in their first confrontation how a fight between them would go if Aureolus was in the right frame of mind, and he would have easily killed Touma. And he still beat Touma without much effort in the middle of a mental and emotional breakdown.

I believe that puts us at seven votes now.

This can be added tomorrow.

Well, I do still feel that Izzard's abilities are being treated as NLF, but I'll admit that he's more haxed. Also, range and speed being equalized could kind of make it a one-shot either way. I mean, Jedah could perhaps cast miasma or something that would kill Izzard the same time Izzard does.

But since everyone's routing for him, I suppose I can switch my vote to Izzard if to simply get this over with. 0-8

It's still just 7 votes, actually. Gothika47 seems to have abruptly shown up on the wiki for the express purpose of FRA voting in this thread (along with one other) and then disappearing immediately, with no history of time spent on any other wiki. If that isn't a sock of someone, then I don't know what is.

Regardless, we've reached the quota. This can be added as soon as necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back