• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jay continues his crusade against Tier 6: Jay Grimoire VS. Valev (Valev 'Valev' Valev)

Jay's aura allows him to turn magic against the caster, mostly fire and lightning. Someone used fire on Jay and it just turned into an elemental under Jyay's control.

ZephyrosOmega said:
And remember
Saving throw GG
Sucks for Jay, Jay ate the fires. It's effectively an invitation past defenses and eats your ass. Not to mention Saving Throws doesn't actually mention anything involving inviting a force into your body, past your resistances, and absorbing it into your resistances and body, causing it all to die.

Wha-

So, despite jay having a higher-D resistance against exactly the thing you're describing

You say that it will just... work anyway

Saving throws aren't an exterior barrier. Eating them won't make them not magically trigger. Ultimately Jay eating this fire won't do shit to him except for give him access to that fire.

Because the very nature of the flames is literally eating it inside of your resistances and using your own magic against you, none of which he actually resists. His entire pool of magic will find itself obliterated, because he let it in and mixed it in.

It's like a Low 1-C entity stabbing itself with a knife. It works because you let it do it.

ZephyrosOmega said:
A Low 1-C entity stabbing itself with a 10-B knife would break the knife.
Quite the contrary since you're still stabbing yourself with Low 1-C force. Gonna hurt.

Plus, he has no resistance against his mana being immolated and used against him, which is one of the primary effects. And since Magic is 7-D that'll oof his resistances too.

Not resisting it + letting it in means that "muh dimensionality" means nothing.

That's not at all how that works. Like, in the slightest.

"he has no resistance against his mana being immolated and used against him"

Literally resistance to heat right there in the page

And yeah he does, not only have people tried to use his mana and failed, but corruption is a thing on this wiki.

You're right. Magic is 7-D. Valev's magic is not.

Honestly wouldn't Jay just like, control the fire and use it against Valev? Anything Valev got to stop Jay from controlling the flames?

Jay's absorption says that he takes magic and adds it to his own.

So he's literally allowing the fire to be 7-D, even better news.

Also featless/no-description heat resistance means nothing. Corruption is vague, additionally.

For one, they don't hurt her at all. For one, he's gotten into 'control-the-magic' wars before. Also, clones.

Absorption, as listed on Jay's profile, turns things into mana and absorbs them. So, he'll absorb the fire, make it forking 7-D, and then instantly die.

JayBoog said:
Also as I stated before, he'd never eat the fire out right... He would manipulate and send it back.
As you stated before..?

> two edits

Oh shit we've got a sock.

Anyway, Valev's mana is not 7D. If he absorbs the fire, the insta-death-lol does not work. Jay will just... have some 4D mana now. For the record, the reaosn other things absorbed give him 7D mana is because that mana exists in the throne. I wasn't entirely convinced before, but now I'm not even sure Valev has a viable wincon.

To sum up:

AP: Vayla via better initial feat + amps

Speed: Vayla via amps (No resistance to la crushu for Jay, even under saving throws)

Abilities: Vayla power copies and has a better initial set. Also, clones.

Skill: Yet to see any remotely impressive feats for Jay. Or any at all.

Lifting Strength: Yes for Vayla

Vayla's Wincon: Jay eats fire, absorbing it into his 7-D mana pool, which then goes bye-bye. Not enough feats, justification, or statements to say he resists this, as I've read the blogs and profiles in full, there are none. Or, she can just beat the shit out of him then destroy the pieces.

Jay's Wincon: A dodgeable erasure beam.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Anyway, Valev's mana is not 7D. If he absorbs the fire, the insta-death-lol does not work. Jay will just... have some 4D mana now.
For the record, the reaosn other things absorbed give him 7D mana is because that mana exists in the throne.
Not what the profile says my dude. In the end, there's absolutely nothing written on the blog or profile that implies he'll be able to resist the durability negation that nulls conventional resistances anyways, much less the magic-destroying properties that aren't resisted, period. Jay bringing it into his mana pool quite literally will let it affect him.

The majority of those points aren't even correct. Your summary is either misinformation or blatantly lying, and pretty much everything you've placed in Valev's favor that isn't initial AP fails against how the basic systems of deus ex work.

ZephyrosOmega said:
The majority of those points aren't even correct. Your summary is either misinformation or blatantly lying.
Then prove me wrong since literally all of your points are based on unlisted feats or statements.

Anyhow fairly sure this is in grace.

AP: Vayla via better initial feat but Jay's amps are likely better as they can jump several tiers

Speed: Jay amped from MHS to Relativistic, and Powernull and Statistics Reduction are both resisted.

Abilities: How does Vayla copy something 3 dimensions above her? Everything she can do gets resisted or nullified.

Skill: Doesn't really matter

Lifting Strength: Doesn't really matter

Vayla's Wincon: Bypassing a bajillion different methods of defense and somehow landing a fatal blow

Jay's Wincon: A dodgeable erasure beam, instant BFR, biting Valev or just smacking him

By all means, if you want me to close this and rewrite Jay's page and the explanation blog, I will, Just know that it's going to lead to a very fast stomp.

AP: Go boom. And the amps aren't 3-D, since, well, they're amps. In fact, a vast majority of these abilities are downright 3-D in nature. Amplifying your speed with 7-D mana doesn't change the fact that you're only amping 3-D speed, and without 7-D resistance, it doesn't matter.

Which means it goes boom.

Speed: Above.

Skill: It does, since it decreases the chance of being hit.

Lifting Strength: Disarming + restraining.

Vayla's Wincons: Still, as above

Jay's Wincons: Portals and a beam.

ZephyrosOmega said:
By all means, if you want me to close this and rewrite Jay's page and the explanation blog, I will, Just know that it's going to lead to a very fast stomp.
Absolutely not. You can't go rewrite your pages in the middle of a battle. That's utterly obscene.

ZephyrosOmega said:
"if you want me to close this"

Yeah, i know that.
And closing to edit whenever you're about to lose is equally obscene.

"without 7-D resistance, it doesn't matter."

Good thing Jay has it huh. Like, what point are you even trying to make? Jay isn't magically amping his stats, Deedee is just the ******* strong.

Vayla's wincons: Not as you stated at all.

Moritzva said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
"if you want me to close this"

Yeah, i know that.
And closing to edit whenever you're about to lose is equally obscene.
You're complaining that my stuff is unfinished and basing your wincons off of that. Do you want me to fix that or not?

I read the page entirely. No resistances.

Most of the things you stated. I see not a single resistance to the crush or anything similar.

Nah, it's very definitely a nontraditional form of null and has been treated as such in every occurance of being used. Much different than the way the void does it.

Moritzva said:
Nah, it's very definitely a nontraditional form of null and has been treated as such in every occurance of being used. Much different than the way the void does it.
Please explain it then.

Or better yet, let me close this match so we don't have to speak of it again.

Hell no, dude. You made your grave - running away once you're faced with a loss is most definitely against the rules.

Moritzva said:
Hell no, dude. You made your grave - running away once you're faced with a loss is most definitely against the rules.
"Your page is missing vital information"

"You aren't allowed to close the match and fix the lack of vital information that is deciding this match"

Pick one. Also, I really don't want to debate you anymore. Even once the revisions are done I'm not opening the match again as Jay's probably not going to be 7-B.

Back