• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Janemba (Shin Budokai) Downgrade and Profile Deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
TL;DR: Shin Budokai Janemba being 2-C is massive wank and his profile should be deleted.

Yes. First of all, his profile has the following as justification for his AP:

Capable of warping at least a few universes at once in order to cause them to overlap and send beings from one universe to another, and has decent control over the fabric of space-time

This is blatantly false and mostly comes complete misinformation and from Scans taken out-of-context. First of all, Janemba never warped multiple Universes, what happened was that the Evil Energy spread across the World was creating distortions and opening rifts in Time and Space which allowed characters from alternate timelines to pass onto the Main Timeline.

This is obviously just unquantifiable Space-Time Manipulation which is completely inapplicable for Attack Potency. Furthermore, the Rifts he created in the Universe vary a lot in size, and at one point Gohan and his Past Self found one that is just large enough for one to stick their thumbs inside, and he doesn't send people throughout Universes either, Trunks willingly passed through one of the holes in space to reach the Main Timeline, and Gohan did... this to appear in it.

Another justification for 2-C Janemba a friend told me about was Cell supposedly being capable of destroying alternate Timelines with his power, however this is complete nonsense taken massively out of context. He simply stated he was going to take Trunks' Time Machine for himself and spread havok across alternate realities.

Then there is this one description in the Profile which is extremely misleading:

Completely unharmed by a much more powerful than normal SSJ3 Gotenks, who was capable of wiping an amped Super Perfect Cell out of the timeline.

Now I have no idea if that was the intent of the person who created the page, but this description seems to suggest Gotenks erased Cell from existence, and I have actually seem people claiming that this was the case, and that Cell was erased across multiple Timelines. Again, this is unsupported by the game itself, Trunks simply says Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks' power was distorting Dimensions, right after the later tells Cell to "get out of [their] Dimension". So Yeah, literally 0 evidence that Cell was Existence Erased.

Lastly, I say we should just delete the profile altogether. Shin Budokai Janemba is exactly the same as his Movie Counterpart, aside from a few minor changes and additions to the story, and his best feats are fighting equally against Kid Buu (which was apparently just a copy created by him. But the game seems to leave this a bit ambiguous) and nearly destroying Hell in the process

Although we should see what Azzy says, he still created the profile, regardless of who he got the scans from.

Shin Budokai is as canon to Xenoverse as Smash Bros is as canon to Zelda CD-i.

Lovely comparison.

Funny thing is I brought this up because when Xenoverse 1 was released some article said it was part of the Budokai series.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Like I told Matt, I only made this page based on information from other users and to prevent an even more wanked version from being created.
So you're saying it was a necessary evil in order to prevent a bigger evil from being done.

You beautiful anti-villain, you.

goodness. anyone else alarmed that something this factually skewered went under everyone's noses this long without being noticed until now?

I agree with the OP. Since there is unanimous agreement, I will delete the page.

Cropfist said:
goodness. anyone else alarmed that something this factually skewered went under everyone's noses this long without being noticed until now?
No it is quite common for obscure profiles to not be peer-reviewed.

Not everyone knows dragon Ball, and the page didn't link to any sort of obviously wrong justification.

I know roughly everything about Dragon except much of hero and this profile did look weird since it would apply that the one who defeated Janenba is Tier 2 and that would an extreme Outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back