• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Janemba definitive edition

Sorry Luffy :(.

But the daizenshuu states that Janemba Sealed Enma, and that this fact is what caused the laws of the living world and afterlife to go hay wire.

Janemba is not warping the afterlife. The absence of Enma's control or him being sealed is the cause, not Janemba himself.

I feel that goes against what the film is showing. But then again, the film doesn't actually explain it, going strictly for show don't tell.

Change to neutral for now.

I don’t see anything in that imgur link that suggests what you’re claiming
His birth and magic were messing with and reversing the laws of reality governing the Other World and the Universe, leading to the dead rising from their graves and other supernatural and physical phenomena outside of the norm

(just realized the evil thought/ideas scans were from the games but he should get posession or A.C)

His birth and magic were messing with and reversing the laws of reality governing the Other World and the Universe, leading to the dead rising from their graves and other supernatural and physical phenomena outside of the norm

(just realized the evil thought/ideas scans were from the games but he should get posession or A.C)
Janemba himself doesn't possess anyone. The oni is what's possessed by the evil.

Mind if I use some mentions from the games referring to Janemba being evil ideas or evil thoughts to support abstract existence?

Of the games, Janemba is even used in the movie, with some differences, sometimes even absorbed by Kid Buu.
About further elaborations on the abstract existence of janemba in games, it would be more like a duplicate. Because this might be useful for the heroes' characters, I don't know. If he updates even his version of the movie, I see no reason at all.

Bro I’m confused if he is the evil and possesses other that seems like ae and avatar creation to me
In fact, the evil of souls takes possession of his entire being, this is explained during the film, the boy was good and became evil after being affected by the evil of souls

Are you saying that the laws being distorted are a result of Enma being sealed and not Janemba's effect, then?
Even if Janemba himself did it, it still wouldn't suggest anything higher than Low 2-C imo

To the overall question: I'm neutral. That was never the impression I got when watching the movie, but again, the movie itself doesn't elaborate.

I don't remember that quote, but can look around.
Thank you very much, look at me yes! Here in my translation it does not have that, but there is another one when it is spoken by Goku on the thorns where Janemba was in his second form (citing him destroying the Universe ) although I didn't find it in the English subtitle

Considering this would be similar to infinite Zamasu's feat (even down to threatening to affect an alternate space-time), and that one we also rated Low 2-C
Zamasu's feat has evidence of him affecting space time, what evidence does this one have for such?

Doesn't it have to affect the past, present, and future? Because I know absolutely nothing about it'-'
For it to be low 2-C it has to affect all the past pressent and future

That's the thing. We rated it as Low 2-C without a showing affecting past, present and future (which is why many wanted it downgraded, but it never was).
It was my plan, 2-C upgrade screw it over tho

Thank you very much, look at me yes! Here in my translation it does not have that, but there is another one when it is spoken by Goku on the thorns where Janemba was in his second form (citing him destroying the Universe ) although I didn't find it in the English subtitle
Isn't this dub only and not said in the original?

But the daizenshuu states that Janemba Sealed Enma, and that this fact is what caused the laws of the living world and afterlife to go hay wire.

Janemba is not warping the afterlife. The absence of Enma's control or him being sealed is the cause, not Janemba himself.

Zamasu's feat has evidence of him affecting space time, what evidence does this one have for such?

For it to be low 2-C it has to affect all the past pressent and future

Isn't this dub only and not said in the original?
In the English translation I think it is also said to talk about Janemba destroying the universe, but not in the subtitle

literally a rule to not even attempt it without new proof

I don't remember that quote, but can look around.
Seems the line of Janemba destroying the universe comes from the latin spanish dub, as not even the english dub has it (only says he was gonna "conquer" the universe).

It's okay, bro! I already have the solution on this subject :3

"he was sealed within Janenba's magic barrier", well everyone knows that Janemba's magic barrier are these jelly beans here, about the Ema is sealed in a barrier means that all the dead are coming back to life, is nullifying Ema's powers, that's why the laws are being affecting the world of the living, making the dead come back to life, but modifications of all afterlife is happening for middle of Janemba, those jelly beans from Janemba are affecting every place.

Last edited:
It's okay, bro! I already have the solution on this subject :3

"he was sealed within Janenba's magic barrier", well everyone knows that Janemba's magic barrier are these jelly beans here, about the Ema is sealed in a barrier means that all the dead are coming back to life, its power has been annulled, that's why the laws are being affecting the world of the living, making the dead come back to life, but modifications of all afterlife is happening for middle of Janemba, those jelly beans from Janemba are affecting every place.
I also found in the sub that Goku believes that the dead are returning because of Emma being sealed (scene with Vegeta after the latter got stomped by Janemba)

So what the guide said seems to be supported indeed.

literally a rule to not even attempt it without new proof

Seems the line of Janemba destroying the universe comes from the latin spanish dub, as not even the english dub has it (only says he was gonna "conquer" the universe).
It seems so, in mine here is the destruction of the universe, but oh well.

I checked another english dub too

They also said he could've "taken over the universe"
Quick explanation: Janemba trapped Emma in a barrier like jelly beans, which caused her powers to be nullified and all laws are being affected, thus making the dead come back to life. All changes in the other world like jelly beans and crystals that look like jelly beans are being caused by Janemba, simply Janemba shaped all hell with his jelly beans barriers.

Yes, we're going to use that quote and show it in the scan affecting everyone else.

Back