• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

James Bond: To Die Young (James Bond vs. Ares)

Jackythejack

They/Them
James Bond has been sent off to a mission in Korea. It was to infiltrate an establishment and search for a man by the name of Kiron. Once there, Bond was supposed to find the man, and kill him. Things hadn't worked well for the spy. He had ended up without his firearms nor many of his fancy gadgets, and instead was left with a sword he took from one of the more eccentric looking bodyguards, but he made it. Behind the door he stood in front of now, Kiron was inside. All it would take was a kick to break down the door and a fight to the bloody end...

But it wouldn't be that easy.

The door would practically blow off its hinges as a young ma, much younger than the agent, charged out and striked at Bond. The agent blocked the sword with his own and the boy glared at him. To think so much malice could be in one stare... "Mr. Bond...that's you, yes? You're after Kiron."

"It seems my reputation precedes me. I'm after Kiron, what of it?" The two spoke in Korean, effortlessly passing the language barrier.

"I am his student, and I shall protect my master until my dying breath." The boy took a step back, sheathing his sword, and for a moment, they were silent. "You will not live to make it to him."

"Well, clearly that dying breath will come sooner than you think," the agent replied calmly. "I have a mission to do, understand?"

"Oh, yes, I understand...then come, Mr. Bond." Ares pulled out his sword once more and brought it up as if prepared to strike. "Let us perform this dance of death!"

(Speed is equalized and the fight takes place in a long hallway, providing enough room for the two to fight in. Bond is only armed with a sword, and neither have prep time.)

Awesome story and fight jack. Hitting it out of the park once again.

I'd say Ares is the more skilled swordsman but that's the only advantage he has here and it's not enough to win. Bond has fought assassins and ninjas who are expert swordsman as well, as well as beating a world class fencing expert. Bond also has decades worth more experience, fought a variety of foes before and would use the environment around him to gain any advantage. Plus he's the smarter and more cunnning fighter and well as talented and awesome as Ares is, he lacks the experience here and know-how to counter Bond here.

Bond with difficulty

Damn, I saw it says he fights experienced swordsmen and can fight dirty all the time so I thought I got the right dude. Oh well, I wrote a cool scene. Vote counted.

I gotta incorporate those into my fights more

Also did the title sound like a James Bond movie? I literally looked at Bond titles to try and get that feel

Yeah, with a title like To Die Young it certainly can't be early in the timeline, heh

Also one or two people have accused me of bias towards Bond. I legit promise that isn't the case. It's just when you have a character whose so famous and there has had so many adventures, and so many wacky weapons and gadgets, they excel in Tier 9 because they usually have greater experience. Plus in Bond's case better skill, lots of variety etc. Bond is just an insanely competitive Tier 9 character

It's not like I'm out here saying James beats Dio unironically Hahahaha

Anyway I don't mind being called bias sometimes because people can tell that I love the character. But yeah just getting it out there

I will say dude I'm legitimately impressed with what you've done with the character like god I wish I had that much dedication. I mean I'm basically trying to do what you did with Bond but with a whole verse right now.

it's just that the main character has the only win right now. I want her to run a DC Comics gauntlet

I will support you in that man. You've been a great friend to me on this site and I have every confidence in you that you will get the whole verse of the ground. I'll vote on every match if it helps :)

Yeah it's cool it does that to me too, or sometimes it doesn't work like when I type bomd instead of bond it doesn't correct it.

Also I got two matches for you to look at if you wanna support the verse. I'd just send them to you via your wall because I don't want to seem annoying, heh.

Because I sometimes feel annoying when I do that

Just a quick note jack, Bond's Vanquish has been upgraded to 8-C

So the Pet Shop match had to be removed. However, more matches are now available to do which is exciting

Back