• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys - Homelander (and Soldier Boy) resistances adition (plus Neuman resistances)

Basically, the title.
Here, I made a sandbox for Homelander's profile, and I added some needed resistances that he was missing, same for Soldier Boy (They are both listed as 8-A from this other CRT, will later update than on Maeve and Butcher too)

Also, it's not on the sandbox yet, but was gonna add a "higher" for HL's heat vision, since it scales go Butcher's and does more damage that his strikes.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Adding Neuman to the mix since part of the reasoning for some of Homelander's resistances apply to her.

Edit 2: also, wanted go discuss turning the 8-A statistic to "At least 8-A" since HL tanked the blast that gives him said tier in the first place.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Propellus @Maverick_Zero_X
Would greatly appreciate your input on this topic 🙏

I disagree with "At least" next to 8-A as the explosion still made him bleed either way, and "higher with Heat Vision" are unnecessary to list for either for them.

I disagree with "At least" next to 8-A as the explosion still made him bleed either way, and "higher with Heat Vision" are unnecessary to list for either for them.
It didn't make him bleed, that is not his blood.

He was uninjured, heck Maeve was baffled to see him with a bruise on his face. She'd never seen him hurt before, despite him showing up on TV like that.

It didn't make him bleed, that is not his blood.

He was uninjured, heck Maeve was baffled to see him with a bruise on his face. She'd never seen him hurt before, despite him showing up on TV like that.
Then why was he coughing up blood after the explosion?

I disagree with "At least" next to 8-A as the explosion still made him bleed either way
That's not his blood though, is from the guy that was in front of him, which even got to his cape. Also he then brushes his hair and moves the blood, showing is not from injuries on his face. And if he was hurt here, then it wouldn't be such a big deal for him to have a bruise in the show (he also has no regeneration, so if he was injured, the next day after the explosion he would be covered in bruises)
Then why was he coughing up blood after the explosion?
Tbh, he probably swallowed some on accident LOL

He was in an explosion and is coughing up smoke. It's also not a liquid, it's clearly a smoke cloud.

This is a bit surprising to read, since I never saw it as blood in the slightest.
So it was a smoke cloud, it looked like blood looking at it from a distance, my mistake. But I still disagree with giving it an At least rating more than a simple solid rating due to lack of further explanations.

So it was a smoke cloud, it looked like blood looking at it from a distance, my mistake. But I still disagree with giving it an At least rating more than a simple solid rating due to lack of further explanations.
Oh, the 'At least' is because that explosion didn't hurt him at all. Since he only received damaged from the likes of Soldier Boy, Temp V Butcher and Maeve, that makes they are above said explosion, and HL can trade blows with them (Hence, at least)

And btw, what do you think of the resistances. I know that whole part is a lot of messages in the thread to read as well.

Oh, the 'At least' is because that explosion didn't hurt him at all. Since he only received damaged from the likes of Soldier Boy, Temp V Butcher and Maeve, that makes they are above said explosion, and HL can trade blows with them (Hence, at least)
I know the explosion didn't do much damage to him, but my problem with this kind of upscaling can almost be the case for any other character that can withstand an explosion to just upscale from which I don't find consistent at all.
And btw, what do you think of the resistances. I know that whole part is a lot of messages in the thread to read as well.
What are differences?

I know the explosion didn't do much damage to him, but my problem with this kind of upscaling can almost be the case for any other character that can withstand an explosion to just upscale from which I don't find consistent at all.
I think it matters if the character took like no damage at all. Withstand =/= tank IMO
What are differences?
Currently, he has no resistances, and I'm suggesting to add these to him.

Everything listed there is fine, except for Acid, Electricity, Poison, Sleep as those are too speculative.
It's explicitly stated that the Boys have no way of dealing with Homelander, despite having access to acid, electricity, and sleeping gas as well as a myriad of other things. That's indirect confirmation that none of that would work on Homlander. We're only giving him resistances to things the boys have shown to be able to cook up, not assuming he can resist every poison on earth, every electrical current, every sleeping gas etc. Just the stuff the Boys have been shown to cook up and consider not to be enough to put Homelander down.

Everything listed there is fine, except for Acid, Electricity, Poison, Sleep as those are too speculative.
Ok, since this is a dividing topic, I guess I can ignore specifying those too much.

But, something I think people should take into account is how the Boys and the CIA concluded that Neuman was invulnerable (in the verse logic) because they couldn't find a way to kill her, besides the virus. Something they have to arrive through trail and error (they wouldn't make such statement just because she is bulletproof or they threw acid at her).
So shouldn't logically Homelander be superior to her? (And Neuman have resistance to the Boys arsenal?)

At worst, could at least both be resistant to Acid, and then I add a clarification note saying that they might have other resistances, without being specific?

It's explicitly stated that the Boys have no way of dealing with Homelander, despite having access to acid, electricity, and sleeping gas as well as a myriad of other things. That's indirect confirmation that none of that would work on Homlander. We're only giving him resistances to things the boys have shown to be able to cook up, not assuming he can resist every poison on earth, every electrical current, every sleeping gas etc. Just the stuff the Boys have been shown to cook up and consider not to be enough to put Homelander down.
Even if that was the case, it was still never been shown in visuals that Homelander has exactly resisted any of those things on-screen. You can't just cook up some headcanon resistances like that without any further factual evidence.

Ok, since this is a dividing topic, I guess I can ignore specifying those too much.

But, something I think people should take into account is how the Boys and the CIA concluded that Neuman was invulnerable (in the verse logic) because they couldn't find a way to kill her, besides the virus. Something they have to arrive through trail and error (they wouldn't make such statement just because she is bulletproof or they threw acid at her).
So shouldn't logically Homelander be superior to her? (And Neuman have resistance to the Boys arsenal?)

At worst, could at least both be resistant to Acid, and then I add a clarification note saying that they might have other resistances, without being specific?
I wouldn't scale resistances like that just because he's supposedly superior to her.

I wouldn't scale resistances like that just because he's supposedly superior to her.
I mean, one of the scientists that worked on the virus said it would work on Vicky, yet for HL is needs to evolve out of control. I think that means something.

But, I understand.

I do still think at least a clarification note could be mentioned at the end of his profile though.

Even if that was the case, it was still never been shown in visuals that Homelander has exactly resisted any of those things on-screen. You can't just cook up some headcanon resistances like that without any further factual evidence.
It doesn't need to be shown. It's a cut and dry statement the stuff they have wont work on him. I would understand your concern if we tried to give him resistances from other supes based only on the fact that he's supposed to be superior to all of them but this is just straight up confirmation none of their equipment works on him or Neuman. This same type of argument is what allows us to use confidence scaling for characters who have never interacted with each other. We don't need to see Homelander fight Kimiko to know that he's stronger than her since we have statements noting his superiority as well as characters weaker than Homelander being able to beat her. In the same vein we don't need to see acid being thrown on Homelanders face to know he's resistant to it based on the fact the Boys consider him invincible and a weaker character, Neuman, being unaffected by it while also being considered invincible in the same vein.

It doesn't need to be shown. It's a cut and dry statement the stuff they have wont work on him. I would understand your concern if we tried to give him resistances from other supes based only on the fact that he's supposed to be superior to all of them but this is just straight up confirmation none of their equipment works on him or Neuman. This same type of argument is what allows us to use confidence scaling for characters who have never interacted with each other. We don't need to see Homelander fight Kimiko to know that he's stronger than her since we have statements noting his superiority as well as characters weaker than Homelander being able to beat her. In the same vein we don't need to see acid being thrown on Homelanders face to know he's resistant to it based on the fact the Boys consider him invincible and a weaker character, Neuman, being unaffected by it while also being considered invincible in the same vein.
That's just how the site works, if you have no further evidence of this being consistently shown, then I cannot accept the resistance feats if the statements are never sufficiently backed up. Simple as that

I'd like to see other admin's opinion first because I'm fairly sure that's not how it works. Statements are statements and they have been used all the time on this site to warrant abilities or resistances.

Back