• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament Round 1, Match 1: Yu vs James Bond (The Boxer vs 007)

Jackythejack

They/Them
wuhuisland2.jpg

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A voice cried out to a stadium of cheering people, unknowing of what they were about to witness today. The platform, normally used for safe swordsplay, was about to be used for bloodsport and potential murder. The energy completely threw betrayed what would soon happen. "I hope you are ready for the most exciting tournament we've seen in Wuhu Island! We've gathered contestants from all over the multiverse to bring you the best entertainment money can buy!"

Another cheer. Meanwhile, up above, the sponsors of the competition were watching on a large screen TV. The woman looked down at the portfolio, narrowing her eyes. "It looks like you got one hell of a lineup here," she muttered, glancing at the man who looked half asleep, booze bottle delicately balanced in his limp hand. She cleared her throat, and he bolted upright in his seat. "How'd you get your hands on these?"

"Company secret," he slurred out, wiping some drool and dripping vodka from his face. "But lemme tell you, it ain't easy. Some o' these guys? Could kill you in an instant. Not fun. Not fun at all. Lost a couple good men, 'specially to these two. Why I put 'em out first."

"Oh?"

"I don't forgive easy. One of them's gonna die. That'll put a real smile on my face."

----

"I don't suppose we can talk this through like mature people, can we?" Bond asked, adjusting his cuffs as he stared down his opponent. A young man, but he didn't look like it. Though likely barely in his twenties, he was built like a professional bodybuilder. Steroids, or just a good work ethic?

Yu didn't respond, simply staring him down coldly before bringing his hands up. He glared at him over bright red boxing gloves. He took a few steps closer, closing the distance between the two. Five meters.

Bond sighed. "I take it that'll be a no." He shook his head, bringing his hands up. Should have expected something like this. Time to brawl.

Yu is in his second key
Starting distance is 5 meters apart
battle takes place on that platform in the center and can move to the bleachers if it somehow does that.
Bond has his classic pistol and any gadgets this specific bond has
speed =

James Bond:
Yu:

2bd80844453b52626b3a5c5e8501c63e.jpg

VS

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
This is noted in Yu's profile-

During and after his debut, Yu will usually evade his opponent's attacks and deliver deadly, but not knock out blows in an attempt to entertain the crowd. In a Versus setting this would not apply, and he would be opting to deliver knock out blows as he would, unless specified by the OP, not have a crowd to entertain nor would he have K to advise him.

No, he wouldn't.

What's James' AP?
515 Kilojoules according to his profile. Yu, on the other hand could, could defeat Yuto Takeda, who has more strength and endurance than Jean Pierre, a man who punched a hole through a punching bag, which is 692.5609975 J (according to the blog)

515 Kilojoules according to his profile. Yu, on the other hand could, could defeat Yuto Takeda, who has more strength and endurance than Jean Pierre, a man who punched a hole through a punching bag, which is 692.5609975 J (according to the blog)
lol dude that would make this a stomp.

Yu is like 150 kj

know ur numbers guys

A 3.4x AP difference does not make this a stomp people, stop overreacting.

I'll debate this when I'm done eating.

Anyways, I’m going to assume that speed is not equal (or I am blind and somehow not see it), what can James do about Yu’s Subsonic speeds?

What does James do against Yu seeing all of his movements in slow motion and dodging all of his attacks?

Not to mention Yu's severely layered analytical prediction which will also allow him to predict all of James' attacks and effectively counter.

Yu also has the option to immediately disarm James before he pulls the trigger of any weapon he has through predicting his moves, something he, and characters far weaker than him have done. Immediately negating his range + speed advantage with firearms.

His equipment:
  • Silenced Walther P99
  • UMP-9
  • Walther PPK
  • Modified Glock 17
Also, Yu wouldn't be able to use James Bond's Guns cuz Boxing Gloves

What does James do against Yu seeing all of his movements in slow motion and dodging all of his attacks?
Not to mention Yu's severely layered analytical prediction which will also allow him to predict all of James' attacks and effectively counter.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of this is on his profile.
As of now, je just scales to someone who temporarily predicted a few of his movements.

Also, Analytical Prediction is generally subject to several limitations.
While not a real rule, it often came out in vs matches how AP can be limited by the user experience, situation and overall their opponent.
In this case, would Yu predict that James will pull off a gun and shoot it? Does he know how to dodge bullets? And if he has any, how does he deal with other odd weapons?

Yu also has the option to immediately disarm James before he pulls the trigger of any weapon he has through predicting his moves, something he, and characters far weaker than him have done. Immediately negating his range + speed advantage with firearms.
You mean he and others are used to disarm opponents? Were they as capable as Bond?

As of now, he just scales to someone who temporarily predicted a few of his movements.
I forgot what chapter it is but he does see things in slow motion.
Unfortunately, I can't give a scan cuz of stupid webtoon daily pass.

I specifically put them close enough (five meters) where I was hoping the gun wouldn't be too influential (or at least, Yu could maybe close the distance before Bond beats him on the quick draw).
Idk maybe I didn't do it well enough.

I forgot what chapter it is but he does see things in slow motion.
Unfortunately, I can't give a scan cuz of stupid webtoon daily pass.
I also must mention how seeing things in slowmo is different from being faster.
It does help a lot your perceptions, making you able to react better, but if you aren't fast enough or don't know how to properly dodge or deal with something, you'll be hit anyway.

I don't know any of Bond's drawing and marksmanship feats, but if he's fast and good enough to draw the gun and shoot Yu before he closes the gap, and he doesn't know how to dodge bullets, he can see them in slowmo but still be hit by them.

Like, from what I see, Bond needs to draw and shoot before Yu comes in, and the latter needs to either attack him before he can shoot, or move and pull a Matrix to not be hit.

before anything i said that i used the third key of Yu not the second, correct the mistakes Jacky
I specifically put them close enough (five meters) where I was hoping the gun wouldn't be too influential (or at least, Yu could maybe close the distance before Bond beats him on the quick draw).
Idk maybe I didn't do it well enough.

As of now, je just scales to someone who temporarily predicted a few of his movements
It was accepted, I just never added it to his profile. He also has a layered resistance to analytical prediction,
Also, Analytical Prediction is generally subject to several limitations.
While not a real rule, it often came out in vs matches how AP can be limited by the user experience, situation and overall their opponent.
In this case, would Yu predict that James will pull off a gun and shoot it? Does he know how to dodge bullets? And if he has any, how does he deal with other odd weapons?
Yu would already have hit James by the time he pulled out the gun, because he'd see his movements in slow motion + would see the movement of his muscles and predict that James is also about to pull out a weapon, prompting him to make the first move with his higher reaction speed.

He doesn't know how to dodge bullets, but he knows how to dodge them before the trigger is even pulled. Yu wouldn't allow James to pull out any weapons to begin with, and would simply beat him down with his unpredictable movements the moment the fight even begins.
You mean he and others are used to disarm opponents? Were they as capable as Bond?
No, but Yu is far more capable than bond, has higher reaction speed, and analytical prediction. So Yu's advantages in disarming opponents go far higher than Bond's.
I also must mention how seeing things in slowmo is different from being faster.
It does help a lot your perceptions, making you able to react better, but if you aren't fast enough or don't know how to properly dodge or deal with something, you'll be hit anyway.

I don't know any of Bond's drawing and marksmanship feats, but if he's fast and good enough to draw the gun and shoot Yu before he closes the gap, and he doesn't know how to dodge bullets, he can see them in slowmo but still be hit by them.

Like, from what I see, Bond needs to draw and shoot before Yu comes in, and the latter needs to either attack him before he can shoot, or move and pull a Matrix to not be hit.
Read my above post.

Yu seeing Bond's movements in slow motion will still allow him to react before Bond pulls out any weapon, and his analytical prediction on top of that will also allow him to see the contraction of muscles in James' body that will indicate he is about to reveal a weapon.

And apparently, their only literally 5 meters away. The average human has a running speed of 5 m/s, and Yu is capable of blitzing normal humans with his running speed + is a professional boxer who does roadwork literally everyday. A distance of 5 meters is not nearly enough for James to simply pull out a gun and shoot Yu when Yu reacts quicker, and knows his movements.

James has some nutty sharpshooter feats, doubt Yu can dodge his bullets
That's not an argument. Prove James can shoot Yu at a distance of 5 meters when Yu has higher reaction speed, analytical prediction, and can cross that distance in a second or less.

Actually read my posts above before you comment on things you have no knowledge of.

Yu's analytical prediction allows him to visualize muscle movements. He would see the contraction of James' muscles as he moves to use his weapon, and attack before he could pull the trigger with his far higher reaction speed.

Back