• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GOD BLESS AMERICA: Skipper vs the Soldier

Fock I have to install TF2 again but the captcha is acting up.

Though as a reminder that TF2 as a whole are stronker then they are now, there is so much on my mind for it so this is what we get. Anywho, Soilder is strapped with Jason Vorhees Immortality and RE, this won't be so easy for Skipper's end.

Though as a reminder that TF2 as a whole are stronker then they are now, there is so much on my mind for it. Anywho, Soilder is strapped with Jason Vorhees Immortality and RE, this won't be so easy for Skipper's end.
Skipper can just incap him with a pressure Point strike to get around his Immortality and RE.

I don't think those examples really fit Instinctive Action which is acting without the need for conscious thought.
He still outfought skilled Spies who already have this anyways, and we can see him pulling a shovel before Spy had a chance... Although I guess one can argue only enhanced senses are fine there, this is still notable considering stealthy sneak ups from Spies will not work on Solider.

He still outfought skilled Spies who already have this anyways, and we can see him pulling a shovel before Spy had a chance... Although I guess one can argue only enhanced senses are fine there, this is still notable considering stealthy sneak ups from Spies will not work on Solider.
I think he heard the Spy uncloaking behind him. Also I feel like skipper has better stealth feats then Spy like being able to easily break into Fort Knox and being able to disappear right in front of the other Penguins who have Enhanced Senses.

Skipper can just incap him with a pressure Point strike to get around his Immortality and RE.
Honestly, it's questionable whether or not this would even work against Solly, considering the dude can stay conscious and move around even after getting his spine violently snapped in half, so he's definitely no stranger to paralyzing attacks.

But uh, does Solly even have anything that could tag Skipper? According to Skipper's profile, he has Relativistic reaction speed, which would make his reaction speed ~80,000x greater than Solly's with speed equalized.

Skipper:
  • Stronger
  • Tougher
  • Far smarter
  • More skilled, especially in close range fighting and martial arts
  • Small target
  • Far more mobile and maneuverable in close range.
Soldier:
  • Used to fighting Spy, so no stranger to stealthy foes
  • 8-C weaponry is roughly 3.5x what Skipper scales to
  • Obvious range advantage
  • Magic can catch Skipper off-guard
  • Stat amps narrow the power gap
  • Insane resilience

Honestly, it's questionable whether or not this would even work against Solly, considering the dude can stay conscious and move around even after getting his spine violently snapped in half, so he's definitely no stranger to paralyzing attacks.
Nice mention.
But uh, does Solly even have anything that could tag Skipper? According to Skipper's profile, he has Relativistic reaction speed, which would make his reaction speed ~80,000x greater than Solly's with speed equalized.
Skipper:
  • Stronger
  • Tougher
  • Far smarter
  • More skilled, especially in close range fighting and martial arts
  • Small target
  • Far more mobile and maneuverable in close range.
Soldier:
  • Used to fighting Spy, so no stranger to stealthy foes
  • 8-C weaponry is roughly 3.5x what Skipper scales to
  • Obvious range advantage
  • Magic can catch Skipper off-guard
  • Stat amps narrow the power gap
  • Insane resilience
Technically Solider, hell, most of the mercs stats are severely outdated. Solider is actually stronger and faster then Skipper.

Used to fighting Spy, so no stranger to stealthy foes
Also I feel like skipper has better stealth feats then Spy like being able to easily break into Fort Knox and being able to disappear right in front of the other Penguins who have Enhanced Senses.
Obvious range advantage
Both have Hundreds of Meters of range with weaponry.
Insane resilience
I'd argue that Skipper is also pretty resilience. Skipper can stay up for weeks with no access to food and water without showing signs of exhaustion, and has also claimed to have withstood intense torture routines in gulags, concentration camps and whatnot.

I think he heard the Spy uncloaking behind him.
We see him pulling his shovel first, before Spy decloaks anyways, he knew Spy was there and overwhelmed somehow despite Spy's own senses and fights these on the daily. So Soldier's own Spider Senses will not help Skippers case either.
I'd argue that Skipper is also pretty resilience. Skipper can stay up for weeks with no access to food and water without showing signs of exhaustion, and has also claimed to have withstood intense torture routines in gulags, concentration camps and whatnot.
Yet Solider survived similar if not worse punishment, from trekking through harsh climates while suffering through hallucinations that he somehow shrugged off a bit later, but the better feats are acting nonchalantly from having their parts broken or severed many times, having their teeth drilled, etc. Not only that: Scout can still talk despite having all of their blood punched out and Spy lost gallons of blood yet still kicking for more... These are the weakest yet Solider is much stronger. I have never seen Skipper have their body parts or spine severed as it is.
Also I feel like skipper has better stealth feats then Spy like being able to easily break into Fort Knox and being able to disappear right in front of the other Penguins who have Enhanced Senses.
Solly is astonishingly complicated himself despite the insanity factor. Solider hid so well that the administrator, yes, the same chick who not only keeps tabs of the mercs but to the extent Gray Mann admits is much smarter/cruller then him, who can already do complex stuff from the womb, needed help in finding him and even then the administrator also considers them one of the best in the world for a reason of course.

Back