• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

J.M. DeMatteis (Marvel Cosmology Split)

If you write a summary post of the discussion here so far, I can send a notification to knowledgeable staff members again. 🙏
You can send the OP portion of “Why split the Cosmology” I think I highlighted a lot there.
@Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Firestorm808 @Deagonx @Elizio33 @Catzlaflame @ByAsura @Emirp sumitpo @IdiosyncraticLawyer @Maverick_Zero_X @LordTracer @Alonik @ProfectusInfinity @M3X_2.0 @Dark-Carioca @PrinceofPein

Your help would be appreciated here. 🙏

I do not remember well, but it seems like it needs more staff input. 🙏

Good news, I'm almost completely sure Ultima will view DeMatteis' The Divine Creator as 0. It directly is stated to be Matteis' and Everyone else's depiction of God. Oblivion may be treated as High 1-A+ (or not because there is implications that characters are as strong or stronger than him, like the Men of Lineage) . The issue is everyone else and the weird scaling/feats they have.

Good news, I'm almost completely sure Ultima will view DeMatteis' The Divine Creator as 0. It directly is stated to be Matteis' and Everyone else's depiction of God. Oblivion may be treated as High 1-A+ (or not because there is implications that characters are as strong or stronger than him, like the Men of Lineage) . The issue is everyone else and the weird scaling/feats they have.
Why is the Men of Lineage stronger, if I may ask? As for the scaling and feats, I can handle that no problem.

When asked if Oblivion was outside of the Dream, DeMatteis stated that no being was outside of the Creator's Dream. The Men of Lineage (more specifically Ted Salis) have control over the entire Dream and without it all of them would fall into nothingness. In the unreleased sequels to the Strange Tales variants (Strange Tales III and IV), marvunapp confirmed (which they got their information about the sequels from DeMatteis himself) there was nothing but Ted Salis and company remaining after the Dream ended, and only because Ted was trying to maintain the Dream, and when he failed to do so temporarily, no one else existed other than him after the Dream ended.

When asked if Oblivion was outside of the Dream, DeMatteis stated that no being was outside of the Creator's Dream. The Men of Lineage (more specifically Ted Salis) have control over the entire Dream and without it all of them would fall into nothingness. In the unreleased sequels to the Strange Tales variants (Strange Tales III and IV), marvunapp confirmed (which they got their information about the sequels from DeMatteis himself) there was nothing but Ted Salis and company remaining after the Dream ended, and only because Ted was trying to maintain the Dream, and when he failed to do so temporarily, no one else existed other than him after the Dream ended.
I think those parts are separated, if anything. Given Oblivion treatment is meant to be non-being itself, that’s not something that is created nor easy to destroy(if at all). If Oblivion is similar to the Sea of Brahma then the case becomes clear, even God didn’t create his own “unconscious.” We can use Seekers logic as well as Maya is the Dream itself, yet she’s suppressed and preceded by nothing, to which in Marvel, Oblivion is that same concept(excluding God being the primal ocean of nothing). I think the “Dream” being mentioned is more so can something exist outside of God, which is impossible, not necessarily what the Dream entails as something more than what Oblivion is. Since God being unconscious(Oblivion) is the reason for the Dream in the first place.

Back