• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Fight a Ninja (it's not what you think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to point out with the blade argument that it affecting a smaller area thus doing more damage cannpt be counted because we give tiers depending on what you can damage as well. Which is why a katana is 9C, because it can do the amount of damage a 9C despite not having the amount of jouls a 9C has

And ill go for inconclusive, midoriya can counter long range attacks with air blasts and shockwaves whilr ripple can keep her distance

What is your problem? I already gave you proof that Deku can take attacks in his "vulnerable human spots", and by people much stronger than her.

You never gave any proof. You're blatantly saying clearly misguided arguments that go against how a human body works. Go check an article about it or something, if you don't believe me. Besides, nobody had ever pierced Deku is the neck, forehead, eyes or heart. We're talking about piercing damage, not bludgeoning damage. A spear and a hammer will work differently. Getting punched in the neck and pierced in the neck are vastly different.

And do you think Deku is stupid and is not going to dodge or block her attacks?

No, but check this. Ripple has an unlimited ammo of shuriken. Deku has no shield and no barrier. Deku can't dodge them because they are homing. So the only way for Deku to protect himself is to use his arms. The more he uses them to block the shuriken coming for his face, the more they will get damaged and weakened. Eventually, his arms will be so hurt he will be unable to fight properly. At the same time, Ripple could also target his legs or stomach to weaken him even more, while his arms are busy protecting his head.

WTF? I've never heard something like that before, you're lying.

Can you stop being so condescending? Ripple's shuriken are magical. The end. Check the anime or Light Novel if you don't believe me. Anything a magical girl summons automatically becomes magical because it's part of her power. It's not hard to warp your head around.

@Ricsi-vigarosi Swords aren't piercing weapons anyway, they're slashing, so they work differently

@DodoNova2 Please explain to out good friend Therefir that Ripple's weapons are magical. You watched the anime of MGRP, right?

exept the point is the same thing. Slashing works by the same logic: more pressure on a smaller area. A katana does not have 9-C amounts of powers, but it can hurt 9-Cs, so it too is 9-C

The only difference between slashing and pircing weapons is the fighting style they are best suited for

I agree for the fighting style thing. But in this case, Ripple's shuriken are 8-C by nature of being magical, they aren't regular shuriken. They can easily damage other MGs and she killed one with them. She couldn't have done so with regular shuriken anyway, both because of the tier difference and because MGs are immune to most non-magical weapons.

Yes, and i am not arguing that they are not tier 8, but they cannot hurt pwople above their tier, and if they can it should be stated stated on the page

I don't understand this logic, tbh. I just watched ep43 of Boku no Hero, where Tetsutetsu fought a Villain who had a handgun. Handguns are 9-C at most, and Tetsutetsu's durability is 8-C+, but the bullets were still able to slightly damage him, and lightly bend his steel body. The AP of A doesn't need to be on the same tier as the DR of B for A to deal damage; it just means A's attacks can't kill B in one strike. AP for damaging < AP for killing

Actually a normal handgun can't hurt a 8-C at all. They are completely immune to that kind of small-arms fire and are approaching immunity to heavy weaponry as well.

All that is would be a classic case of authors not realizing how strong they made their characters or overestimating the killing power of bullets.

Yep. Their durability per square inch of their body is far higher than what would be needed to eat a handgun shot. They could try to kill themselves with a gun and be totally unable because of their durability.

Hmm... I still find it hard to believe that even the most vulnerable parts of the human body can tank gun bullets perfectly. But maybe, like you said, the overestimattion of bullets by authors has rubbed off me.

In the case of this matchup, where Ripple's ranged weaponry is known to be at least 8-C, would they damage Deku's 8-C+ version, or even potentially straight up kill him if they perfectly strike his neck or forehead?

Straight up kill is a no, is extremly unlikely that anywhere but his insides and eyes would be oneshot. They would however hurt him, to what extent is hard to decide though.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
exept the point is the same thing. Slashing works by the same logic: more pressure on a smaller area. A katana does not have 9-C amounts of powers, but it can hurt 9-Cs, so it too is 9-C
The only difference between slashing and pircing weapons is the fighting style they are best suited for
No, More energy over a smaller area is going to do more damage against someone who'd normally tank blunt force in the same number of joules. Slashing/Piercing tends to scale with the user's AP. Where does the ridiculous idea that it stops at 9-C come from? Actually back up your claims. X number of joules over a smaller surface area like the edge of a blade will do more damage. It is basic physics.

I think you misunderstood my point versus. Probably my fault

I did not say it stops being important, i said that if the amount of pressure they can put on a small area is enough to hurt someone in a higher tier they are straught up put into that tier.

For exemple, the amount of force a katana has while being dlashed is 10A, however, it can do 9-C dammage, so we count it as 9-C

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I think you misunderstood my point versus. Probably my fault
I did not say it stops being important, i said that if the amount of pressure they can put on a small area is enough to hurt someone in a higher tier they are straught up put into that tier.

For exemple, the amount of force a katana has while being dlashed is 10A, however, it can do 9-C dammage, so we count it as 9-C
Ohhh.. sorry about that. I got confused.

Yeah, a sharp object can allow someone to harm someone one, maybe at most two tiers above yours if said blade is like surgeon scalpel levels of sharp.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Yeah, a sharp object can allow someone to harm someone one, maybe at most two tiers above yours if said blade is like surgeon scalpel levels of sharp.
The sharpest possible thing is obsidian, as that can be so sharp that it can cut a cell in two

I just finished reading the thread. A few points I'd like to make or questions I'd like to ask:

1 - What is stopping Deku from blocking homing attacks with shockwaves? I see no reason why he should wound himself trying to block her attacks.

2 - What is stopping Ripple from using her weapons to block Deku's attacks, redistributing them into a larger area of her body, dispersing impact and making it indirect so as to not take as much damage and thus not get hitkilled so long as he never scores a clean hit in an area that can K.O her?

3 - Let's admit it, being hit on an arm or leg won't K.O people and it's often easier to break a bone than suffer concussive force on to your brain when taking hits to the torso: Deku is resilient and can use broken limbs to fight, while Ripple can heal them and that should also make her just as or even more resilient. She isn't getting so easily hitkilled just because dude has a clear cut "+" on the tier she's got an "At Least" at, especially when said tier has a mere 8x bottom to cap ratio.

4 - Isn't Ripple a better CQC fighter?

5 - Deku is capable of stat amping. Inside a speed equalized battle, doesn't that allow him to become faster than his opponent?

6 - Why in the world did OP restrain Deku to his 8-C key when that's his standard battle key? By having the battle with "Deku vs Ripple, speed equalized, he's in character" we would already have the notion that "Deku will need to charge OFA, but he's able to tank blows from his opponent, is already on his suit and is already fast enough to deal with her attacks. He may use OFA 100% and above but he's currently avoiding that, plus if she dodges it repeatedly, he's as good as f*cked and he has a history of throwing these from afar". The battle would still have been fair.

Anyways, I'm tending towards voting for Deku, but it's only by a slight and Ripple really does have a nice shot at winning.

1 - Technically nothing. The thing is that Ripple can more easily spam shuriken, kunai or anything else (everything she throws is considered a projectile, including glass shards, rocks, plates or even larger objects like bikes). She can also throw more projectiles at once than Deku can fire shockwaves at once.

2 - Nothing

3 - Agreed on everything

4 - Yes, she is. Ripple is a CQC fighter and has martial arts, Deku is a brawler. Close, but different.

5 - I guess? Though isn't his stat amping only usable in small bursts?

6 - ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

If she can spam them so casually, then I guess yeah, she holds an advantage: she is spamming homing attacks faster than he can take them down and they don't lose nearly as much strength (if any) with distance, they can make him bleed and take his strength and they can cause him critical amounts of damage that might incapacitate even Izuku (or at least weaken him a lot) if he gets hit where she wants him to.

She holds no power advantage, but strategical and technical advantage in all ranges.

I think this will be like fighting a boss battle in a game: she can try to go around him attacking with spams to wear him down until he bleeds out. But Izuku is a lot smarter and may figure a counter to that (potentially approaching her diagonally with his short burst stat amps and critical hitting her in a limb to stop her attacks).

Now I'm leaning slightly towards Ripple instead, lol. Can't safely vote. XD

@Mand21 She isn't getting so easily hitkilled just because dude has a clear cut "+" on the tier she's got an "At Least" at, especially when said tier has a mere 8x bottom to cap ratio.

Well that depends, Deku can beat someone who can casually defeat five 8-C+ characters, so 8-C being a small tier is irrelevant because stomping someone is unquantifiable.

How far into her tier is the ninja? And no, At least is not usable, it simply means she mihht be higher, but there is no proof

VersusJunkie54 said:
Izuku struggled with Lover-Mode Gentle. And even then, he barely managed to beat him to begin with.
As I recall, Gentle was boosted even more than in his fight against the pro heroes, thanks to La Brava's love. Before that, Gentle in Lover Mode and Deku were comparable.

So going by feats, Deku defeated someone who in a weaker state can casually defeat five 8-C+ characters. That's a huge advantage for Deku.

deku barely defeated Gentle tho, if gentle love power didnt run out deku wouldnt have won and gentle wasnt trying to fight but accomplish his goal in time

I don't see how "barely defeated" make his feat worse, yes, Deku barely defeated Gentle, but because Gentle was amped even more than in his fight with pro heroes, and what do you mean by "he was not trying fight?" He fought with everything he had to try to achieve his dream and only lost the will to fight after Deku defeated him.

Therefir said:
I don't see how "barely defeated" make his feat worse, yes, Deku barely defeated Gentle, but because Gentle was amped even more than in his fight with pro heroes, and what do you mean by "he was not trying fight?" He fought with everything he had to try to achieve his dream and only lost the will to fight after Deku defeated him.
Yeah, Gentle was going all out against Deku

Ripple's shurikens are literally endless and her stamina is unlimited. So, there are zero chances for Izuku in a long fight.

Izuku 20% >>> Izuku 8% =< Gentle Lover Mode Boosted > Gentle Lover Move >>> Five pro heroes >>> Yo Shindo = 1.17 tons >> Gang Orca's henchmen > Ripple? That should be enough to one-shot.

The feat of "Attacks that can destroy buildings" of the regular magical girls should probably be calced.

From Volume 3

Melville nocked a javelin in her bow. She pulled back the bowstring, aiming for Clantail. Clantail flinched, but there was nowhere for her to run. Melville fired, and the shot ricocheted off Clantail's shield and into a high-rise building a few hundred yards behind her. It blasted the entire building right off.

All magical girls, minus some rare exceptions, scale to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back