• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
PaChi2 said:
Pretty sure Obito destroys.
Why exactly? As far as I can think. Obito doesn't have a way to permanently put down Itachi with his regen.

Itachi is strong enough to fight kcm Naruto and sage Kabuto, physically, and obviously Susanoo is a massive amp to strength and durability.

He can spam Amaterasu, and Tsukuyomi. He has the Totsuka blade which is a one-shot, and the yata mirror which can block anything he throws at him short of a Biju bomb. He's also better at Genjutsu obviously.

Now I'm not saying Itachi definitely wins yet. I'm just saying it's far from a stomp. Obito has kamui, Rinnegan, and the gedo mazo. Gedo mazo being the only thing that can actually defeat Itachi using Soul rip.

I won't vote yet. Great battle imo.

Why exactly?

Fight starts:

Obito: Oi, kabuto, undo his Edo Tensei please.

Kabuto: sure.

The End.

PaChi2 said:
Why exactly?

Fight starts:

Obito: Oi, kabuto, undo his Edo Tensei please.

Kabuto: sure.

The End.
Well using in series logic. Obito would also have the biju lmao. This is obviously a hypothetical vs battle lol. Actually it's funny now that you mentioned it. I don't even think Kabuto can do that since Itachi broke Kabuto's control with Kotoamatsokami. If he could break his edo he would've in their fight lmao.

Not actually arguing but:

Amaterasu gets absorbed.

Totsuka blade may, or may not bypass obito's intangibility.

Tsukoyomi get's cancelled by Rinnengan just like the IT.

PaChi2 said:
Not actually arguing but:

Amaterasu gets absorbed.

Totsuka blade may, or may not bypass obito's intangibility.

Tsukoyomi get's cancelled by Rinnengan just like the IT.
Obito was still somewhat affected by Kakashi's low tier genjutsu so idk.plus when was it stated that rinnegan offers protection from anything other than IT. I mean pain was affected by ma and pa's genjutsu right lol? Anyway. Genjutsu aside, Itachi wouldn't care about his Ama getting absorbed because he's got nigh-unlimited chakra so he can spam. Intangibility only lasts 5 minutes anyway and he has to materialize to attack. Idk...

Btw. Just to make my stance clear. I believe if this was alive Itachi(healthy or not) Obito would definitely stomp. But edo Tensei eliminates all of his weaknesses so yeah.

IT = Infinite Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi < Infinite Tsukuyomi

and that's all here is to it.

"I don't even think Kabuto can do that since Itachi broke Kabuto's control with Kotoamatsokami. If he could break his edo he would've in their fight lmao."

For one, there is this thing called plot. For two, I dont even think Kabuto knows how to dispell the jutsu because he probably thought that they couldnt break it anyway.

Ma and Pa's genjutsu was sound based, just saying.

PaChi2 said:
IT = Infinite Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi < Infinite Tsukuyomi

and that's all here is to it.

"I don't even think Kabuto can do that since Itachi broke Kabuto's control with Kotoamatsokami. If he could break his edo he would've in their fight lmao."

For one, there is this thing called plot. For two, I dont even think Kabuto knows how to dispell the jutsu because he probably thought that they couldnt break it anyway.

Ma and Pa's genjutsu was sound based, just saying.
Sharingan Genjutsu affects all senses(especially Tsukuyomi).

And IT and Tsukuyomi are similar only in name lol. They are NOT the same jutsu. Anyway. I do agree Tsukyomi probably won't work but not because of the Rinnegan, but because of Obito's mangekyou

Well there's the human path too, but that would put Obito in Totsuka range and would force him to materialize, so GG to that strategy

I suspect some bias from these two.

I dont know why. "Wrath of itachi" and "UchihaSlayer96".... I cant put my finger on it...

Their arguments should be ignored.

UchihaSlayer.... as in I slay Uchiha wankers. Definitely NOT a naruto fan here...no idea why you'd get that idea lmao

Itachi can oneshot with Totsuka, but if Obito manages to touch Itachi then its Kamui GG. Genjutsu won't be a huge issue for Obito since Obito is great at using genjutsu. He managed to control Yagura like a puppet for 10 years, and Yagura is a perfect Jinchuriki. Thats some Kotoamatsukami level shit lol. I vote Obito high diff.

I mean it'll be really Hard to touch him with his Susanoo being there. Plus is BFR to the kamui dimension even a GG in this case? Edo Itachi won't really die in there. But I guess it'd be a win through SBA?

Can't Obito just phase through the susanoo? And yes if you BFR someone and they can't come back for a week then its a win in your favor.

He can POSSIBLY interact with Obito because Susanoo and Totsuka have NPI. But anyway doesn't he need to materialize to use BFR? I don't think he can use both abilities simultaneously.

Well then he puts himself in risk of getting sealed if he attempts BFR, especially because it's not exactly instantaneous. Hell Itachi could fend him off and buy time using Amaterasu if push comes to shove.

Honestly it's super hard...but I think Itachi would win with very high difficulty.

Obito has to become tangible to BFR Itachi. This leaves him vulnerable to Itachi's many ways of putting him down. I suspect that Obito could break out of tsukuyomi with his MS so I won't say genjutsu GG. Same with Itachi Vs Obito's genjutsu. But regardless Itachi is a very smart fighter. I believe that on his own he beat even Minato's chunin exam record and Minato had a team when he got the best record. Itachi was also much younger then. Anyway point is Minato was able to figure out and counter the Kamui.

However Itachi does not have FTG and this Obito is far more experienced. On top of this Obito has izanagi. Luckily Itachi has the counter izanami. So that should not be a problem. I suspect that Itachi would spam crow clones with layers of traps to eventually izanami Obito just like he did with Kabuto. NPI doedls not work against Kamui since Kamui is not "actually" intangibility it is sending parts of his body to another dimension. Dimensional travel is what is required to deal with that. You could argue that since totsuka blade sends people to another dimension then maybe it could work but that is super unlikely.

Basically Itachi via izanami. If he messed up though he would get rekt. This Obito also has the Gunbai which he has to be wary about.

@Rocker

I agree, but I don't think Izanami is Itachi's only win con. Totsuka blade is downplayed as usual Lmao. It's literally a one-shot technique and we were NEVER shown a counter to it(i understand it's because We never saw Itachi fight someone on his level 1 on 1, but still we can't assume weaknesses we haven't seen). It worked against Nagato, who's probably stronger than Itachi and has the Rinnegan. Now I hear you say he caught Nagato of guard, BUT that's exactly the point. Itachi is a careful, tactical, meticulous, and stealthy fighter. He absolutely WILL try to blindside Obito and outsmart him in battle. Spamming Amaterasu will also help because it'll force Obito to retreat momentarily or absorb it with the preta path which will allow Itachi a chance to possibly seal him.

Anyway I'm obviously still voting for Itachi( extremely high diff)

I am not saying it's his only winning condition I simply think it's his best one. Simply put this Obito's fighting instincts are next level. I don't think he would be caught by the totsuka blade. It could happen with a lot of set up but remember he was fighting 3 Vs 1 against KCM Naruto, Kakashi and Guy and he only got beat because Kakashi has his own Kamui. And on top of all that he wanted to get best and have the seal on his heart removed.

I get what you're saying, but I doubt Obito's senses will be better than Sage Kabuto, against whom Itachi went through a lot of mental gymnastics so he wouldn't kill him before undoing edo tensei. All in all I'd say their senses and Speed would be about on par.

Side note: I still find it absolutely ridiculous that Itachi isn't rated as a solid sub-Rel lol

EmperorRorepme said:
Another way Obito can put Itachi down with various sealing techniques that even fodder shinobi can do.
If it's low level enough, Itachi can bust out of it with the Susanoo Madara style.

Amaterasu won't do much, we saw how Orange-Mask Obito no-sold it. Tsukyomi requires eye-contact which Obito knows not to do. Arguably might not even work since Obito has a much more superior dojutsu and arguably superior genjutsu that binds Jinchuriki for years. Itachi isn't touching Obito with Totsuka either. Totsuka has NPI but Obito's actual body is in another dimension, it doesn't actually become intangible. The only way Naruto and co were able to counter Kamui was because Kakashi had kamui, there's no way Itachi is going to catch Obito off-guard whilst swinging a huge blade.

Obito has to get close to Itachi and BFR him or seal him which will prove to be difficult. He could use various Rinnegan techniques too. I'd give to to Obito because Itachi can't actually counter Kamui and Obito is too attentive to be caught by him especially when he knows of Itachi's trickery.

Though Izanami is a big factor, Itachi has to do the same sequence of events a few times to make a loop before activation which I doubt he'll be able to do.

Isn't Rinnegan Obito supposed to be way faster and stronger than Itachi?

Speed is equalized, and Obito doesn't really have strength feats that eclipse Itachi, plus Itachi has Susanoo to even the odds anyway.

It will be hard for Obito to get close and touch Itachi, but once he touches him Itachi gets sent to Kamui instantly so Obito wins.

Back