• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Metalija said:
It will be hard for Obito to get close and touch Itachi, but once he touches him Itachi gets sent to Kamui instantly so Obito wins.
The BFR is fast but not Instantaneous, Minato was able to react to it and perform FTG to escape, also during the BFR Obito is materialized and vulnerable to attacks such as Ama and Totsuka

True but FTG is space-time ninjutsu, which Itachi doesn't have. Though he could physically attack Obito. However I doubt Itachi can do much if he's being warped within because I don't remember Obito getting oofed whilst using it (without the other having some sort of space-time ninjutsu). He can just suck in projectiles and the like.

But I don't see why in that instant he won't get touched by the totsuka, besides you guys are assuming Obito will Get that close in the first place. Susanoo has a range of a few meters, and Totsuka blade dozens of meters, and he HAS to materialize to perform BFR, so it's nowhere as easy as you make it sound.

Well why didn't he teleport inside Naruto's Kurama avatar and yank him right then and there lmao?

Plus, teleporting within susanoo won't really achieve anything because he still has to materialize to BFR and Itachi is usually operating outside the susanoo anyway as we've seen in his fights against Nagato and Kabuto.

He was letting his Bijuu do the work iirc and Kurama avatars are huge masses of chakra it'd probably be hard to navigate through if Kurama didn't allow you to.

Most of the time in the Kabuto fight he's actually in the Susanoo or he materialises arms and weapons that come out of him to protect Sasuke.

Not really relevant but the reason why Kabuto didn't just release Itachi's edo was because he wanted to re-control him and most of the fight was just Itachi letting himself be hit so he could create a loop of events to activate Izanami.

EmperorRorepme said:
He was letting his Bijuu do the work iirc and Kurama avatars are huge masses of chakra it'd probably be hard to navigate through if Kurama didn't allow you to.

Most of the time in the Kabuto fight he's actually in the Susanoo or he materialises arms and weapons that come out of him to protect Sasuke.

Not really relevant but the reason why Kabuto didn't just release Itachi's edo was because he wanted to re-control him and most of the fight was just Itachi letting himself be hit so he could create a loop of events to activate Izanami.
1) Susanoo are masses of the users chakra too.

2) doesn't change the fact that Itachi could've iust as easily sealed Kabuto with the blade if he wanted to.

It comes down to izanami vs izanagi and human path vs totsuka blade IQ plays a big factor in this fight so and prep fight itachi....non prep fight obito

Kunglao105 said:
It comes down to izanami vs izanagi and human path vs totsuka blade IQ plays a big factor in this fight so and prep fight itachi....non prep fight obito
Human path requires physical contact, so no.

And this version of Obito would NEVER use Izanagi because he doesn't have the space sharingan, and if he does use it he automatically loses afterwards because no more kamui.

Kunglao105 said:
You honestly think Obito hasn't prepared for the possibility of fighting Itachi and vice versa?

You honestly think Obito hasn't prepared for the possibility of fighting Itachi and vice versa?

True. Obito knew the Truth about Itachi, but then again he seemed pretty surprised when Sasuke hit him with the pre-programmed Amaterasu lol

Going off of in-story events, the way I see it, Obito needed Itachi to do what he did for Sasuke to learn the truth about him. If Obito was actually scared of Itachi in terms of direct confrontation, all he really would have needed to do was A) Wait for him to die of illness or B) Just tell Pain and Konan that there was a traitor in their tanks. Obito, Pain, and Konan working together would probably be too much even for prime itachi.

Itachi still needs to deal with Madara's Fan, potent enough to reflect a KCM2 Rasengan should be enough for any projectiles Itachi has including the ones sent from his Susanoo.

Obito can switch between intangible and tangible very quickly like he did against Naruto and co. He can hide inside the ground and the only reason Naruto avoided him at one point was because he could sense emotions. Caught Kakashi off-guard. Couldn't attack at all whilst being succed.

With the Gedo Mazo as a summoning Itachi also has to be very weary, should be enough to deal with his Susanoo though it could get sealed by the Totsuka but even then he needs to pierce it first and it can tank attacks from Eight Tails.

Obito is durable enough to tank KCM Rasengans with little damage. Obito also no-sold a KCM2 Rasengan to the face. Tank a headbutt with minimal damage and has Regenerationn.

Itachi has - Totsuka Blade and Izanami to win this.

Genjutsu has been addressed. He isn't hurting Obito in hand-to-hand combat unless each of his blows is dealing the same damage as a KCM Rasengan. Obito can almost catch Naruto by surprise who can sense emotions. Itachi doesn't have extra-sensory awareness like Naruto does it isn't guaranteed he can dodge.

Itachi cannot really deal with any of the Rinnegan abilities though Obito doesn't use them to conserve chakra if he really had to he might. Itachi cannot deal with Kamui. Izanami require him to create a loop of events which is highly unlikely.

Even then Izanami is ultimately a genjutsu that works on physical senses used against only three tomoe sharingan users. Will it affect those of superior dojutsu? Who knows.

Factoring this, Itachi's only win condition is a Susanoo and we're saying Obito literally can't get near Itachi at all. Then how does Itachi kill Obito? I'm unsure of how he can't just phase through the Totsuka every single time. Obito has various sealing techniques that can seal Bijuu Chakra and weaponry too that can harm Eight Tails and KCM2 Naruto was forced to block.

Itachi was able to fight KCM Naruto in hand to hand as well, so he's not gonna get overpowered here. And Itachi is objectively above Kakashi too. Even if there was a physical disparity, the susanoo will bridge the gap.

With that being said, this will not a physical battle and AP will not be a deciding factor. Hax will decide it one way or another so it's pointless for us to argue about AP tbh. Though if it was a physical battle my money's on Itachi due to the Susanoo.

Itachi is likely capable of dealing with rinnengan abilities, the real problemd would be ST and BT but He has the magatama to deal ith those much like how he dealt with CT. He is capable of seeing the King of Hell(somehow) and dealing with it as well. His susanoo is actually an extremely potent defensive and offensive ability and is what Obito would have to deal with to be able to properly beat Itachi.

Rocker1189 said:
Itachi is likely capable of dealing with rinnengan abilities, the real problemd would be ST and BT but He has the magatama to deal ith those much like how he dealt with CT. He is capable of seeing the King of Hell(somehow) and dealing with it as well. His susanoo is actually an extremely potent defensive and offensive ability and is what Obito would have to deal with to be able to properly beat Itachi.
To add to this, Itachi can keep it up indefinitely thanks to edo tensei.

KCM Naruto = Edo Itachi < KCM Rasengan < KCM2 Naruto < KCM2 Rasengan < Obito's durability

Madara's Fan reflected a small Bijuu Ball from KCM2 Naruto.

All I was saying is Itachi isn't going to hurt Obito.

All Itachi has dealt with is summoning for Rinnegan abilities. He can't deal with soul rip, gravity, absorption or Chibaku Tensei though Obito is unlikely to use them anyway. Itachi didn't deal with CT, he needed a Bijuu Bomb and a Rasenshuriken to blow it up.

He has dealt with CT as well like I stated and that would help him deal with the other gravity manipulation techniques. Soul rip is not that big a deal as Obito would have to get past his susanoo for it to be useful unless Obito goes full soul dragon which is not something he would use before zanami comes into play. absorption is purely defensive so nothing too big either.

Nothing says he needed them to deal with it, he simply used them.

Itachi provided 1/3 the energy required to destroy CT, and assuming otherwise is... well an assumption.

Soul rip requires physical contact which won't happen with Susanoo active.

As for the gunbai, it dealt with kcm2 when wielded by MADARA, not Obito. Obito never contended with kcm2 naruto who's high 6-C/low 6-B vs Obito's 7-A.... but again AP genuinely doesn't matter in this fight.

He's experienced it. Not dealt with it, he didn't have the necessary firepower. Also it wouldn't since CT takes ages to drag to the centre whilst he can't manoeuvre being directly pulled himself. Already addressed Izanami.

EmperorRorepme said:
Already addressed Izanami.
I dont see how you addressed it, it was made to counter something on the level of izanagi. which leaving out IT is likely the greatest genjutsu of all time as it is something that works on reality itself.

I mean I've never seen Itachi Control a Perfect Jinchuuriki like a Puppet before. Something that was deemed impossible by another Perfect Jinchuuriki, but you know, Obito did it anyway so whatever.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I mean I've never seen Itachi Control a Perfect Jinchuuriki like a Puppet before. Something that was deemed impossible by another Perfect Jinchuuriki, but you know, Obito did it anyway so whatever.
MS resistance is far Greater than jin resistance to genjutsu, and no one here is claiming Itachi would even put Obito in genjustu anyway.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
You know Obito used the six paths of pain technique to do that, right? Not genjutsu? It's impressive, but at this point the Jinchuuriki were weakened from being in Edo Tensei, as well as likely having their personalities erased by Kabuto.

I dont see how you addressed it, it was made to counter something on the level of izanagi. which leaving out IT is likely the greatest genjutsu of all time as it is something that works on reality itself.

It only counters it by trapping them in an illusion so they aren't actually using it which is why in reality the don't lose their eyes. Also I brought up he needs to make a loop of events first which is not likely to happen with Obito.

You know Obito used the six paths of pain technique to do that, right? Not genjutsu?

He's talking about Yagura

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Itachi provided 1/3 the energy required to destroy CT, and assuming otherwise is... well an assumption.

Soul rip requires physical contact which won't happen with Susanoo active.

As for the gunbai, it dealt with kcm2 when wielded by MADARA, not Obito. Obito never contended with kcm2 naruto who's high 6-C/low 6-B vs Obito's 7-A.... but again AP genuinely doesn't matter in this fight.
Perhaps it was a 1/3 but on his own he couldn't do it.

The weapon specifically nullifies and reflects chakra attacks. So why would it vary on the user?

Back